FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

You’re doing well! My Reading side are 6th, my away form is terrible but I’m unbeaten at home. The playoffs if I get there will be nervy! (I make a rule - no match restarts! Never understood people who do that with their careers?!)
I've only restarted games ,quite a few actually ,if I'd chose the wrong kits ,often within 5-10 min ,or snow games fucking with my vision , especially with the yellow ball

One thing I really liked is rain Vs clear games are so different

I've only restarted games ,quite a few actually ,if I'd chose the wrong kits ,often within 5-10 min ,or snow games fucking with my vision , especially with the yellow ball

One thing I really liked is rain Vs clear games are so different
I’m starting a new career now. Getting a bit fed up with Reading’s fake stadium ‘Molton Road’ :LOL:

Spurs here we come!

Yeah Molton is quite boring after a while.
I’m going to use Torino or Roma instead I think. Love the Serie A atmospheres in FIFA. UK crowds are generally less partisan and have awful generic chants. And I’m English.

“Arsenal Arsenal Arsenallll”

“Villa Villa Villla Villa”

I mean, come on :LOL:

Liverpool and Man Utd fans have the best chants.

Last edited:
I’m going to use Torino instead I think. Love the Serie A atmospheres in FIFA. UK crowds are generally less partisan and have awful generic chants. And I’m English.

“Arsenal Arsenal Arsenallll”

“Villa Villa Villla Villa”

I mean, come on :LOL:

Liverpool and Man Utd fans have the best chants.
Be sure to set up all teams with fun generic stadiums , there's quite a lot of good ones that suits Serie A pretty good.

I'd recommend Bundesliga though ,great stadiums and great atmosphere if you get tired of Serie A.
@Mikhail
Is all of the Bundesliga licensed?

edit: anyway, I’m going to do something I’ve never done before. I’m going to play as Arsenal! I just can’t resist the fully licensed Premier League plus having Carabao Cup, all the lower leagues etc. I just checked and didn’t realise FIFA 20 didn’t have a licensed Serie B or even a Serie C at all! So that doesn’t interest me.

Arsenal start in Europa League too so returning them to greatness is going to be interesting.

I really love this game now, I’m hooked on it!

Last edited:
Is all of the Bundesliga licensed?

edit: anyway, I’m going to do something I’ve never done before. I’m going to play as Arsenal! I just can’t resist the fully licensed Premier League plus having Carabao Cup, all the lower leagues etc. I just checked and didn’t realise FIFA 20 didn’t have a licensed Serie B or even a Serie C at all! So that doesn’t interest me.

Arsenal start in Europa League too so returning them to greatness is going to be interesting.

I really love this game now, I’m hooked on it!
Not all stadiums ,think 14/18.
Ah ,cool hope you'll get them back to former glory

This game gives some and takes some.
Had a 0-0 draw away to Juventus with my Villa ,the home game (last 16 CL) I got 2-0 down in the 2nd half and was ready to pack it in.
1-2 in the 76th minute.
2-2 in the 84
Then 3-2 in the 94th and I was through!
Amazing game.

Next game away to Chelsea in the PL ,I had 29 shots to Chelsea's 14 and I couldn't score ,open net and I hit the post/the bar/missed by 25 meter.
An absolute shit show of a game ,never felt more cheated..

Almost done with my 10th season.
In 4th place , Liverpool on top with 34 w 1D 0 L.
Extremely annoying that they can't fix that , Brighton/WBA/Watford relegation zone on 6/12/15 points...

I’m still playing this and enjoying it. Having some really varied matches. Scoring goals feels so good in this too, that got lost in PES and you kinda forget how satisfying scoring a goal should actually feel.

I’m still playing this and enjoying it. Having some really varied matches. Scoring goals feels so good in this too, that got lost in PES and you kinda forget how satisfying scoring a goal should actually feel.
It does buddy ,still not seeing enough long rangers going in (from me) and heading/corners are quite underwhelming.
But all in all ,a good game.

It does buddy ,still not seeing enough long rangers going in (from me) and heading/corners are quite underwhelming.
But all in all ,a good game.
Yeah I haven’t scored many long rangers. I’ve got quite good at corners though, have scored a few.

Who you playing as these days, still the mighty Villa? Have you considered playing a LaLiga save? Villarreal tempts me! I think a lot of the LaLiga stadiums are in fifa 20 plus all of the presentation package.

Yeah I haven’t scored many long rangers. I’ve got quite good at corners though, have scored a few.

Who you playing as these days, still the mighty Villa? Have you considered playing a LaLiga save? Villarreal tempts me! I think a lot of the LaLiga stadiums are in fifa 20 plus all of the presentation package.
Yeah ,I think it's 16/20 in La Liga plus 4-5 in the Segunda (liga 1/2/3)
God yes ,I'm most likely heading there for my next season , hopefully Valencia/Sevilla/Betis.

Yepp ,season two with villa ,34 games played in 3rd ,City above me with 6-7 points , Chelsea in 4th 3 points behind (one game in hand though) Liverpool sitting on top 33w 1D 0L...

Playing the CL semi Vs RB Leipzig next game.
It's been two fun seasons ,but the top team not losing bugs me.

Having not bought FIFA 22 yet and having decided that I won't touch eF 2022 until they fix it (so basically I'm expecting to play it in twenty-twenty-never), I went back to the other year's games.

eP 2021 (well, I'm trying not calling it PES anymore to make clear that it already has some eFootball in it) is still a good game and gave me a season of good fun, I'm still playing it on a regular basis even if it doesn't 100% click anymore for me.
FIFA 21... Meh. It has some moments of good football and some moments in which you stop, stare and say "how on Earth did this thing get past the QA dept?"

Given the fact that I was home alone yesterday (yay!) I went also through some retro titles (both FIFA and PES), playing a match or two with each.
While I still think the Ignite FIFA 14 is the best FIFA ever, I must admit that FIFA 20 on PC, with the latest OS Community sliders (thanks @Matt10 and everyone involved in that) had me playing a handful of back-to-back matches with teams from different leagues and of different strength, a thing that hardly happened recently. And it was the only one of the games I tried to give me that feeling, yesterday. Neither PES 2017 nor 2018, and not even FIFA 16 (updated to its latest patch, my fault) gave me that feeling.

And to be honest I'm surprised to see that I liked how those FIFA 20 matches played.

Unfortunately, I had to do without Paul's mod (which seemed to worsen the "defenders not tracking" issue for me, despite making many things better)...
Willing to try again in the coming days, I might have abandoned FIFA 20 too early.

Last edited:
Fifa is a underated game ,giving that you accept the 1v1 defending.
The only thing I don't like is the way EA has config results between CPU v CPU.
My two season of PL has had City winning 33 games drawing 3 and losing 1 my first season.
2nd season Liverpool 33 w 4 D 1L.

I know they got a lot of critism before 20 with teams benching players and not having realistic tables ,but they've gone the other direction now ,making it impossible to win.

Playing my CM save on this, with different approach this time, in order to get more familiar. Some funny moments i captured until now. I am still bad in this game on World Class with assisted settings. At least not sacking so hard, a i used to.

First, a funny handball that resulted a PK against me, i really love the handball option and always set it to on for everything. The history is, i started to capture the handball, then my player glitched and started cantering like a horse, and finally he got stuck in the referee body model, which seemed a funny glitch. I assume if i did not press :x: to skip the screen, they would stay there for a long time! :)

And then, a nice goal, the "sad" part was, the AI scored this against me! The dribble really gave me vibes of the dribble leading to the goal, by Zagorakis on Lizarazu in the EURO 2004 match Greece-France!

Playing my CM save on this, with different approach this time, in order to get more familiar. Some funny moments i captured until now. I am still bad in this game on World Class with assisted settings. At least not sacking so hard, a i used to.

First, a funny handball that resulted a PK against me, i really love the handball option and always set it to on for everything. The history is, i started to capture the handball, then my player glitched and started cantering like a horse, and finally he got stuck in the referee body model, which seemed a funny glitch. I assume if i did not press :x: to skip the screen, they would stay there for a long time! :)

And then, a nice goal, the "sad" part was, the AI scored this against me! The dribble really gave me vibes of the dribble leading to the goal, by Zagorakis on Lizarazu in the EURO 2004 match Greece-France!

That CPU goal is a thing of beauty! Must play a full, proper career as well on 20 sooner or later lol.

I was thinking about it too, but seeing fake team names and kits (Piemonte Calcio, I'm looking at you) puts me a little off.
If only I could find an EEP version focused on 19/20 season... All of the links seem gone. :(

Booted up my old save (Dusseldorf) and had a go today.
This has become my most played FIFA with 15+16.

Had lots of fun.
Not really the same moments of surprises/bas bounces in Pes ,on the other hand player movement/ball physics is pretty shit on Fifa ,so win some lose some I guess.

I'm on WC (OS sliders with slight adjustments)
And i played it on manual all except shooting (semi) quite the challenge.
Great fun ,not sure I'll dive in to a career full on though.

But it looks pretty bleak Vs Pes tbh ,don't know why they didn't keep the lightning from FIFA 17-18.

Last edited:
Played a game today again ,but I had to turn it off,ball movement is horrible never really saw that before (or ignored it)
Bowling ball on ice

FIFA 20 is basically the last fifa I bought when it came out and I have no plans to buy 21 or 22, I've played those 2 at other people's homes and they seem OK at best, 21 was pretty bad

So I'm in my 4th season with Malaga in La Liga (2022-23), and I do have realistic scorelines like 2-1, 0-0 (a lot of 0-0, mostly due to me having a defensive tactic and unable to score sometimes) but sometimes the big 4-0, once I got blown away 5-0 by Real Betis in my 2nd or 3rd season

I don't know about what sliders you guys use, but from what I remember, I'll tell you about some of my sliders, they're the same for User and AI
I remember I had:

Sprint Speed on 35, Acceleration at 50
Pass Speed and Shooting Speed at 40
Pass and Shooting error at 65
GK Ability at 51 or 52
Injury Frequency at 80 and Severity at 30
First Touch Error at 60/65
Defence width at like 40
Fullback positioning at like 5

I can't remember the rest, but what sliders do you guys use? And what do you guys recommend?
I feel like I've been using these for a very long time, so I think something new would be good

FIFA 20 is basically the last fifa I bought when it came out and I have no plans to buy 21 or 22, I've played those 2 at other people's homes and they seem OK at best, 21 was pretty bad

So I'm in my 4th season with Malaga in La Liga (2022-23), and I do have realistic scorelines like 2-1, 0-0 (a lot of 0-0, mostly due to me having a defensive tactic and unable to score sometimes) but sometimes the big 4-0, once I got blown away 5-0 by Real Betis in my 2nd or 3rd season

I don't know about what sliders you guys use, but from what I remember, I'll tell you about some of my sliders, they're the same for User and AI
I remember I had:

Sprint Speed on 35, Acceleration at 50
Pass Speed and Shooting Speed at 40
Pass and Shooting error at 65
GK Ability at 51 or 52
Injury Frequency at 80 and Severity at 30
First Touch Error at 60/65
Defence width at like 40
Fullback positioning at like 5

I can't remember the rest, but what sliders do you guys use? And what do you guys recommend?
I feel like I've been using these for a very long time, so I think something new would be good
Im using operation sports with personal adjustments ,like slower pass speed for both myself and the CPU.
This game has become a top three played FIFA for me ,skipped both 21 and very little time on 22 (not bought either)

12 seasons for me ,Stuttgart/Leverkusen/Schalke/Aston Villa and now Fortuna Düsseldorf

@rockstrongo
Are you still going at FIFA 20?
I was looking at a Career Mode for serious this time, on FIFA 17 or 20. I played 17 a month or a bit more ago - and I hated it. I never understood why people like that game, I made the sliders less (like I had in FIFA 16, taking things like speed down to ~40 with Semi Assist or Manual made a difference) , and it made no difference. And the game was too fast and really bad

(I have an ongoing 3 season Career Mode save with a Local team of a friend in 16 and its very good)

So I haven't played 20 in maybe.. start of the year or before, my Old Malaga save was also old.
Now, Even with Operation Sports Slider I never found it very fun. I Prefer much slower dribbling and passing, almost realistic like speed - so that you can feel a faster player compared to a slower one, but not too slow. Like this in FIFA 16:
I don't know if you can tell in the video but there is a more heavier touch and difference in shooting.

Do you think something like this is achievable in FIFA 20 with even Semi/Manual and heavily skewed Sliders?

Attachments

• EASPORTSFIFA16_20230516_19-27-44.mp4
    14.4 MB
I picked this up yesterday for about £2 as it's the one FIFA i've never played, It's only 4 years old but still feels drastically different to FIFA 23. The animations are fantastic and there's a hell of a lot less skating than there is on the current game.

Better yet there's none of that 1v1 or no team pressing crap we have now here so team shapes are a lot more natural. I also think it looks really good visually, the models are more 19 esque where they're more grounded in realistic proportions and facial textures than the cartoonier ones we got post 21.

Was this game disliked among the community at the time? Was it mroe of "same old FIFA with new rosters" dismissal or was this considered to be a solid title when it came out?

I picked this up yesterday for about £2 as it's the one FIFA i've never played, It's only 4 years old but still feels drastically different to FIFA 23. The animations are fantastic and there's a hell of a lot less skating than there is on the current game.

Better yet there's none of that 1v1 or no team pressing crap we have now here so team shapes are a lot more natural. I also think it looks really good visually, the models are more 19 esque where they're more grounded in realistic proportions and facial textures than the cartoonier ones we got post 21.

Was this game disliked among the community at the time? Was it mroe of "same old FIFA with new rosters" dismissal or was this considered to be a solid title when it came out?
This was my experience - I was in the beta, and played it on day one. This was what it was like:

Started a PL on Legendary as Bournemouth. Best Sheffield United 5-0, and I'm a guy who was struggling for wins in my FIFA 19 save. Beat Aston Villa 4-0. Just ridiculous.

When the AI has the ball, they make no runs whatsoever. Two strikers move up, the midfield line barely moves up from the halfway line. All because eSports players don't like it when the AI, er, does things. Imagine that.

Started a new one on Ultimate, as Leicester. Simmed until Christmas to see what happens. Norwich top of the Premier League by 9pts. Erm.

Anyway, on Ultimate. Got bored and decided to hold sprint down with a defender and see how far I could get.

I mean.

What's the point?

I genuinely am so shocked at how bad this is. It's like it's on purpose.

It turned out that a lot of this was due to playing on "slow" speed, but it wasn't entirely cured by upping the speed.

There was even a specific TU (4 I think) that was aimed at making Legendary and Ultimate difficulty more of a challenge, but my view was that defending was completely broken from this version on, where winning the ball via tackling was more difficult than just "bumping into" the attackers, and it's been the same ever since.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom