FIFA 23 REALISM GAMEPLAY MOD

FMT being open source
See, kudos to you for your work. Being "open source" has nothing to do with your mod. I think you're missing the real meaning of this term. Open source means the source code of the FMT tool is there for everyone. So that, you can build FMT from scratch with the code (a.k.a compiling the code to make it executable, in short). You probably need to edit your statement and remove open source and replace it with released. Better term!

Don't get my statement in a wrong way though, just pointing out the odd one.

PS : I didn't buy or play FIFA 23 (due to obvious reasons).

See, kudos to you for your work. Being "open source" has nothing to do with your mod. I think you're missing the real meaning of this term. Open source means the source code of the FMT tool is there for everyone. So that, you can build FMT from scratch with the code (a.k.a compiling the code to make it executable, in short). You probably need to edit your statement and remove open source and replace it with released. Better term!

Don't get my statement in a wrong way though, just pointing out the odd one.

PS : I didn't buy or play FIFA 23 (due to obvious reasons).
You’re right! I meant to use released but used open source to follow Paul main release post.

Is there a way we could make tackling stat to have more impact? I have a problem where my strikers are better at tackling than my defenders.

Is there a way we could make tackling stat to have more impact? I have a problem where my strikers are better at tackling than my defenders.
Same thing for me mate. I will have a look at tackling boost, it can maybe be tweaked to have better tackles from defenders and I also noticed there are new values in defending attributes runtime

Same thing for me mate. I will have a look at tackling boost, it can maybe be tweaked to have better tackles from defenders and I also noticed there are new values in defending attributes runtime
Yeah I looked at a lot of things. So whenever a graph have like 8 points, those points are based of player attributes correct?

Yeah I looked at a lot of things. So whenever a graph have like 8 points, those points are based of player attributes correct?
Some of them yes but I think they’re not related each time to player attributes. Not sure tho. At the moment i also have to understand what X axes exactly do since that’s Y axes which are making the bigger difference

Some of them yes but I think they’re not related each time to player attributes. Not sure tho. At the moment i also have to understand what X axes exactly do since that’s Y axes which are making the bigger difference
Have you tried plotting the graph in a visualizer? Most of the time, the X points are either difficulty level, attribute level(segmented), distance or time. The Y would be the actual accuracy or the result of the X.

Have you tried plotting the graph in a visualizer? Most of the time, the X points are either difficulty level, attribute level(segmented), or time. The Y would be the actual accuracy or the result of the X.
Didn’t try but I’m sure you’re right!

I almost forgot to talk about this gameplay mod. Speaking of this mod so far.

Pros:
  1. Midfielders are finally not traffic cones and track back properly.
  2. Good amount of closing down from the defenders.
  3. Improved marking from defenders. They defend space better.
  4. Lob passes seems much improved and the general feel of the passing too due to ball physics.
  5. Ball physics are indeed better.
  6. More passing error in general and stats matters more when it comes to passing.
Things to improve:
  1. Tacking stat doesn't seem to have a lot of impact. Random players are turning into Prime Maldinis and Cannavaro when it comes to tackling. (Vanilla Issue).
  2. AI on attacking third still seems to want to work the ball into the net rather than trying more through passes, lob passes or crosses. (Vanilla issue).
  3. Slow player can sometimes get a speed boost to catch up on fast players. This is more frequent with this mod.

All the things that can be improved is possible due to gameplay modding. There are some interesting tweak that could sort it out.

I almost forgot to talk about this gameplay mod. Speaking of this mod so far.

Pros:
  1. Midfielders are finally not traffic cones and track back properly.
  2. Good amount of closing down from the defenders.
  3. Improved marking from defenders. They defend space better.
  4. Lob passes seems much improved and the general feel of the passing too due to ball physics.
  5. Ball physics are indeed better.
  6. More passing error in general and stats matters more when it comes to passing.
Things to improve:
  1. Tacking stat doesn't seem to have a lot of impact. Random players are turning into Prime Maldinis and Cannavaro when it comes to tackling. (Vanilla Issue).
  2. AI on attacking third still seems to want to work the ball into the net rather than trying more through passes, lob passes or crosses. (Vanilla issue).
  3. Slow player can sometimes get a speed boost to catch up on fast players. This is more frequent with this mod.

All the things that can be improved is possible due to gameplay modding. There are some interesting tweak that could sort it out.
Thank you for your feedback mate! I think I was able to improve AI attacking in the current version I’m working on, let’s see if it’s consistent or just random. I also feel, like I said previously, tackles weird. I need to work on those values for sure

REALISM GAMEPLAY 23.1.2

- General Positioning improvements
- Tighter midfield
- Less space between midfield and defensive lines
- AI tracking back improved
- Smarter AI decision making
- More AI errors (with AI being smarter in decision making, players try more shots, trough passes etc. This results in more errors.

For next release

Working on cross decision positioning, tackles (fouls in general), and player boosts.

Played two matches on the new version and I am very impressed. I am seeing more occurrences of crossing and some nice through pass and lofted pass goals. AI attacking has definitely improved and they are more unpredictable and less ping-pongy. The game now reminds me of FIFA 14 especially now that I feel a strong inertia in movement. AI is tracking back more aggressively. I played against City and De Bruyne came all the way back in the defense to close down my attacker. Now if we can figure out a way to have tackling stat impact more of the tackles and bad tackles leading to foul.

Played two matches on the new version and I am very impressed. I am seeing more occurrences of crossing and some nice through pass and lofted pass goals. AI attacking has definitely improved and they are more unpredictable and less ping-pongy. The game now reminds me of FIFA 14 especially now that I feel a strong inertia in movement. AI is tracking back more aggressively. I played against City and De Bruyne came all the way back in the defense to close down my attacker. Now if we can figure out a way to have tackling stat impact more of the tackles and bad tackles leading to foul.
played with custom.sliders or default?

Happy you’re liking it! Right now I’m at work, tomorrow morning I’m starting to have a look at tackling mate

its only working when "downgrading" the game with this notes?

Another Update

Title Update 2 brought about a lot of code changes which broke the AC Bypass. Due to this, you will be required to revert back to Title Update 1 by:
  • Update your game through EA App or Origin
  • Download Title Update 1 Download (1.72Gb)
  • Extract the zip into your FIFA23 installation folder, overwriting FIFA23.exe and the Patch folder
  • Restarting FMT

right?

its only working when "downgrading" the game with this notes?

Another Update

Title Update 2 brought about a lot of code changes which broke the AC Bypass. Due to this, you will be required to revert back to Title Update 1 by:
  • Update your game through EA App or Origin
  • Download Title Update 1 Download (1.72Gb)
  • Extract the zip into your FIFA23 installation folder, overwriting FIFA23.exe and the Patch folder
  • Restarting FMT

right?
Have you got this working? When I downgrade using this method, after the anti-cheat check, it just sends me back into the EA app without launching the game. As if it knows it's the wrong EXE version. :(

EDIT: Deleted FMT, did a repair, then installed TU1 files provided by Paul again, did the installer XML fix, then reinstalled FMT. All working now - although the gameplay of the mod I downloaded seemed much faster rather than slower...

Last edited:
Have you got this working? When I downgrade using this method, after the anti-cheat check, it just sends me back into the EA app without launching the game. As if it knows it's the wrong EXE version. :(
Now tried, everything is working fine again! AC should not pop up if you do the downgrade and launch over FMT

REALISM GAMEPLAY 23.1.2

- General Positioning improvements
- Tighter midfield
- Less space between midfield and defensive lines
- AI tracking back improved
- Smarter AI decision making
- More AI errors (with AI being smarter in decision making, players try more shots, trough passes etc. This results in more errors.

For next release

Working on cross decision positioning, tackles (fouls in general), and player boosts.
really liking thins GP :)
- AI could try to shoot more from outside the box.
- Ball friction is for my taste a little bit too much, ball rolls like on ice

AI is really smart, doesnt noticed that much that i am playing against CPU 🙃

tried with latest Matt10 V5 Sliders and on Worldclass.

Will try tomorrow with default sliders

Hey man, can you send me a .fbmod with the ball set larger. I want to see if it's working from your mods. Still can't get mine to recognise the changes for some reason.
Yep mate, I will send it within 1/2 hours, i’m still at work right now!

I managed to get FIFA 23 set back to TU1 after it auto-updated (thanks to @paulv2k4 for all of his hard work, and for keeping the important files).

I tried this mod briefly - only had a couple of games - but if anything, it was faster than the default game! It was definitely applied, because there were some never-before-seen bugs with players ignoring passes, spinning around in a circle when the ball was at their feet etc... I'm wondering if it's somehow not applied correctly due to reverting to TU1.

Either that or the game is entirely random - as before I even applied the mod, I had a 0-0 followed by a 4-0 at half time using the same teams / setups. It's the weirdest football game I think I've ever played.

Back
Top Bottom