FM22.jpg

Publisher: Microsoft
Developer: Turn 10 Studios
Genre: Sports
Player(s): ?
System(s): Xbox Series S/X, PC
Release Date: 2023

Just creating this thread to share this:

Don’t think this (probably) arcade-sim title is my cup of tea… but all the praise before, the history of the series and interest in the scene in general will make me have a good look!

Amazing graphics. But what they mean with 20 environments? Racetracks or what? Sorry, you know my denglish. 🥸🥴😬🙄

• Staff

Amazing graphics. But what they mean with 20 environments? Racetracks or what? Sorry, you know my denglish. 🥸🥴😬🙄
I'm a native English speaker and I couldn't tell you. I think it's deliberately vague, although he does say "environments" and "tracks" separately which makes it sound like they're not the same thing.

Trailer looks good, though the very little actual gameplay footage (from the chase-cam) looks... like every other Forza.

I'm a native English speaker and I couldn't tell you. I think it's deliberately vague, although he does say "environments" and "tracks" separately which makes it sound like they're not the same thing.

Trailer looks good, though the very little actual gameplay footage (from the chase-cam) looks... like every other Forza.
Thank you for reply Chris! :BEER:
So wait for more informations from the devs. 2023 is still not finished and I could bet release will be not befor autunm 2023. But like I said wait fore more info.

They mean different seasonal/continent environments. This means tracks/open environments from South America, Africa, Europe, Asia etc.

The game looks good, but like Chris said graphics have never been Forza's problem. I liked F7 to a degree, but at the end it gets to a point where it felt a bit dull.
Sim-cade games are perfect for me, especially since I don't own a wheel, but I would like them to have basic stuff like qualifying so every race is not just, crash and bump your way to first place in the first lap bc you have 2 laps to get to the podium. Hopefully they add some more "sim" elements to it. Even of its just an option.

They mean different seasonal/continent environments. This means tracks/open environments from South America, Africa, Europe, Asia etc.
Ok, thanks for clearing this up.
But translated from MS publicrelations to (dumbster like me). How many racetracks will it be have?

They say 500 ~ cars. some of them can you find in the link in first post from Chris.

Ok, thanks for clearing this up.
But translated from MS publicrelations to (dumbster like me). How many racetracks will it be have?

They say 500 ~ cars. some of them can you find in the link in first post from Chris.
20 tracks plus additional layouts for most of them.

10th of October 2023 is release date.

On the steam shop page is written, that the game will have only english language. What da fag?! Why?

Edit: now two days later it is also in more non english languages available.

Last edited:

10th of October 2023 is release date.

On the steam shop page is written, that the game will have only english language. What da fag?! Why?
Where did you read that? You can see the list of languages on the right side of the store page. 15 different languages are listed there.

Love the Forza series. Looking forward to this. As much as I love GT, hate no starting grid versus the AI or even qualifying in the AI race. Starting a race a half lap behind the lead car is not a rolling start. Such utter BS in the driving simulator game.

Love the Forza series. Looking forward to this. As much as I love GT, hate no starting grid versus the AI or even qualifying in the AI race. Starting a race a half lap behind the lead car is not a rolling start. Such utter BS in the driving simulator game.

I really hope they add qualifying. All races in FM7 were a: start at the back and you get 3 laps to corner crash everyone until 1st place. I'm also really looking forward to it as the videos so far look good.

Remember when I was the Evo-web master at PGR racing?

I played some hours the ea version and didn't know that you only need to buy the DLC Upgrade for the gold edition (or what was the name for that?) + game pass ultimate.
To play the early access.

But what da fug a lot of bugs, glitches and bad controlls/gameplay with this one.

MS need to fix these till 10th of october. Because first try was no good one.

I played some hours the ea version and didn't know that you only need to buy the DLC Upgrade for the gold edition (or what was the name for that?) + game pass ultimate.
To play the early access.

But what da fug a lot of bugs, glitches and bad controlls/gameplay with this one.

MS need to fix these till 10th of october. Because first try was no good one.

PC or console? I'm really looking forward to playing this in a couple of days. From what Ive seen it seems right up my allley and havent seeen reviews saying its full of bugs. What is your experience with glitches and bad controls and gameplay??

PC or console? I'm really looking forward to playing this in a couple of days. From what Ive seen it seems right up my allley and havent seeen reviews saying its full of bugs. What is your experience with glitches and bad controls and gameplay??
Sorry I forgot to say that I was playing on my xbox series x.

The bugs which I found was only in the carreer mode.
It was some graphic glitches on where around some cars a black field was flickering (maybe the shadow). I had in this mode only ghost drivers/cars. So they drove all in one row and two or three cars each was glitching in one another.
I had the anti lock braking system (german ABS) on but my cars was in every curve locking tires.
And often I had understeer but my car didn't goes straight ahead but on the opposite direction.

I know it is only a arcade racing game. But for my oppinion it is easier to controll a car in ACC then here in Forza Motorsport.

Sorry my english isn't really good to describe the bugs I found.

I wish I had played a perfect Forza Motorsport. And I must say it is my first FM.

Sorry I forgot to say that I was playing on my xbox series x.

The bugs which I found was only in the carreer mode.
It was some graphic glitches on where around some cars a black field was flickering (maybe the shadow). I had in this mode only ghost drivers/cars. So they drove all in one row and two or three cars each was glitching in one another.
I had the anti lock braking system (german ABS) on but my cars was in every curve locking tires.
And often I had understeer but my car didn't goes straight ahead but on the opposite direction.

I know it is only a arcade racing game. But for my oppinion it is easier to controll a car in ACC then here in Forza Motorsport.

Sorry my english isn't really good to describe the bugs I found.

I wish I had played a perfect Forza Motorsport. And I must say it is my first FM.

Thanks, I plan on playing it on a Series X as well in a couple of days. I'll keep an eye out for those bugs and let you know what i find. Like I said, the reviews make it seem like something up my alley and have seen someone mention some popups once in a while.
Although I also have ACC installed and found good controller setup for them (not competitive but nice to drive around) but would like a simcade to fill that gap on my console.
How big is the install size on your console?

Thanks, I plan on playing it on a Series X as well in a couple of days. I'll keep an eye out for those bugs and let you know what i find. Like I said, the reviews make it seem like something up my alley and have seen someone mention some popups once in a while.
Although I also have ACC installed and found good controller setup for them (not competitive but nice to drive around) but would like a simcade to fill that gap on my console.
How big is the install size on your console?
I'm waiting for the game to unlock tonight on gamepass PC. I don't mind these arcade (simcade) racing games from time to time. I don't think the major issue of this game is the bugs though. It's the single player career mode for offline gamers as me. Too much grind, no custom championships, average AI, limited racing to like 3 laps etc.. And nope, I won't even try MP with kids turning every race to a wreckfest. When I want some sim racing on PC I have plenty of options like Automobilista 2.
I can understand though if someone is on an Xbox console the options are way too limited so you need to enjoy any abomination they try to sell.

I'm waiting for the game to unlock tonight on gamepass PC. I don't mind these arcade (simcade) racing games from time to time. I don't think the major issue of this game is the bugs though. It's the single player career mode for offline gamers as me. Too much grind, no custom championships, average AI, limited racing to like 3 laps etc.. And nope, I won't even try MP with kids turning every race to a wreckfest. When I want some sim racing on PC I have plenty of options like Automobilista 2.
I can understand though if someone is on an Xbox console the options are way too limited so you need to enjoy any abomination they try to sell.
Mmm yeah interesting. I feel Forza has never been trying to sell itself like a AM2 competitor. Its a Simcade and has always been a Simcade. In the same vein as Gran Turismo. Thats why I usually have a ACC/RRRE/AM2 installed, a simcade and a full arcade (Grid).

On another note, it seems the online isnt as bad as you say it is. It could change on release when everyone gets it on gamepass but on youtube people seem to be pleased by it. You should give it a try. Again, reviews dont really paint it as an "abomination", but just another good/safe simcade which is why Im really looking forward to trying it.
But yeah it seems you came in expecting this would be an iRacing/ AM2 competitor, but its Forza which will never be a simulator but more of a laid back, couch + controller experience.
Hopefully I can keep my positive expectations up tomorrow when I get my hands on it and will update you.

Mmm yeah interesting. I feel Forza has never been trying to sell itself like a AM2 competitor. Its a Simcade and has always been a Simcade. In the same vein as Gran Turismo. Thats why I usually have a ACC/RRRE/AM2 installed, a simcade and a full arcade (Grid).

On another note, it seems the online isnt as bad as you say it is. It could change on release when everyone gets it on gamepass but on youtube people seem to be pleased by it. You should give it a try. Agan, reviews dont really paint it as an "abomination", but just another good/safe simcade which is why Im really looking forward to trying it.
But yeah it seems you came in expecting this would be an iRacing/ AM2 competitor, but its Forza which will never be a simulator but more of a laid back, couch + controller experience.
Hopefully I can keep my positive expectations up tomorrow when I get my hands on it and will update you.
You misunderstood. I'm not expecting an iRacing or AM2 game, this is why I'm going to enjoy it as an arcade racing game with a very limited and underwhelming career mode. Re MP and YouTube reviews for each one praising it there are another 2 criticing it. It depends on which YouTubers you follow. There are MP videos where someone slams you from behind and you get a penalty.

You misunderstood. I'm not expecting an iRacing or AM2 game, this is why I'm going to enjoy it as an arcade racing game with a very limited and underwhelming career mode. Re MP and YouTube reviews for each one praising it there are another 2 criticing it. It depends on which YouTubers you follow. There are MP videos where someone slams you from behind and you get a penalty.

Im actually liking this, and surprisingly so far (~7 races in), multiplayer has been very enjoyable. I think the rating system helps but my races so far have been mostly clean with a mistake from someone here and there but not a ramming attempt. There are still some people that hit you and a couple of times someone crashed me and I got the penalty but for the most part it has been a good experience.

As for single player I have seen a bit more glitches than I expected, mostly during the beginning cutscenes. I do wish the campaign wasn't so linear. Im guessing it will get a bit dull after a while. So I do agree that career mode can get some adjustments. Also, I really don't like how the upgrades are locked to a caRPG mechanic based on leveling. Not gonna lie, leveling each car is going to suck
But so far the driving from a simcade racer has been nice .

Also, they need more tracks.... there are a bunch of layouts but I think FM7 had many more, I hope they add in the future. Oh, and the Acura and Audi GT3 are behind a paywall

Once every 10 years or so I'm jumping on a racing games to see how they changed since last time I played. So I when I saw new Forza on gamepass - I decided to check them out.

(I did try the new Horizons a year ago, but we won't mention this Teen-Focused abomination.)

It's good. Im liking it.
As I said - I'm usually checking few racing games at the time to get the feel of entire genre's progress and I came to this straight after playing Dirt Rally 2.0 (which I also REALLY dig. CMR2 was last rally game that felt so good behind the wheel)

So initially, after coming from Dirt Rally 2.0 it felt too assisted and easy, but when I went to settings and changed everything to simulation and switched all the hand holding off - it really started to shine then. Cockpit camera (only one I use) works and feels really well, doesn't feel awkward like they used to years ago.

AI is quite decent and 3rd place is the highest I've got on middle difficulty but I'm having a blast.

Love the idea of your Xbox friends being made into AI avatars, it's a really cool feature.

Racing games might not be my cup of tea in general, but Forza Motorsport is a solid game.

If you play with controller and sometimes feel the car turns slow and heavy, make sure yu adjust the deadzones in the settings. Made a difference for me (defalut was like 25, i changed the steering ones to 1)

If you play with controller and sometimes feel the car turns slow and heavy, make sure yu adjust the deadzones in the settings. Made a difference for me (defalut was like 25, i changed the steering ones to 1)
Does it not have negative consequences? That it feels too sensitive driving straight and going into shallow bends?

I had some moments of "heaviness", but I just assumed that
1. Starting cars are shite
2. I was going too fast into the bend

Once every 10 years or so I'm jumping on a racing games to see how they changed since last time I played. So I when I saw new Forza on gamepass - I decided to check them out.

(I did try the new Horizons a year ago, but we won't mention this Teen-Focused abomination.)

It's good. Im liking it.
As I said - I'm usually checking few racing games at the time to get the feel of entire genre's progress and I came to this straight after playing Dirt Rally 2.0 (which I also REALLY dig. CMR2 was last rally game that felt so good behind the wheel)

So initially, after coming from Dirt Rally 2.0 it felt too assisted and easy, but when I went to settings and changed everything to simulation and switched all the hand holding off - it really started to shine then. Cockpit camera (only one I use) works and feels really well, doesn't feel awkward like they used to years ago.

AI is quite decent and 3rd place is the highest I've got on middle difficulty but I'm having a blast.

Love the idea of your Xbox friends being made into AI avatars, it's a really cool feature.

Racing games might not be my cup of tea in general, but Forza Motorsport is a solid game.
Cockpit cam is good but the mirror resolution is a joke. 2023 and the resolution is from early 90's racing games. I think also there's no option to turn it off. It is completely ruining the immersion playing with the cockpit cam.

Does it not have negative consequences? That it feels too sensitive driving straight and going into shallow bends?

I had some moments of "heaviness", but I just assumed that
1. Starting cars are shite
2. I was going too fast into the bend

Not for me. it doesnt make it extra sensitive. You can always try it out one race. worst case you just default it back. Personal preference at the end of the day. Another thing taht for me felt better (again eprsonal preference) was the option above or below the vibration, cant remember off the top of my head. kind of the auto wheel correction without input. I lowered it a bit.

When you say middle difficulty which one are you playing on (1-7?)
I think the friend avatars have been in all recent forzas, but it is nice to see some gamertag from Evoweb crashing you in single player

Back
Top Bottom