Manchester United Thread

Thank you for everything Carrick. Was a fun last game to watch. Great goal to go with as well.

Fans bot happy about Perisic. I remember one or two seasons ago the fans were outraged when there was a rumour that United would buy Mane. He is a hell of a player now (but Perisic is nowhere near that good).

What do people think to Daniel Podence he looks alright on youtube be interested to hear any thoughts on people who watched his games here for Sporting.

I rate Perisic as a top player skill wise. My home club was linked to him way back when he was signing to Brugge.

But I don't follow Serie A, I don't know if he plays the same day in day out.

Mourinho is mental if he really favours Dier over Fabinho.

Lindelof
Fabinho
Perisic
Morata
would be an ok summer b/c Fabinho would be such a goof signing.

Swap Fab for Dier tho and it looks a really mediocre summer ...& overpriced if the fees are to be believed. Dier is a really shit player. Spurs' weak link and awful for England too.

Utd must have something else up their sleeve b/c that isn't propelling them from 6th to title challengers

Lindelof is fine, im happy with that. Perisic is a strange one but again I can see the logic with him being a traditional winger who will give Jose the consistent product he likes and Morata makes sense also and would be a good signing.

the worry is akin to the famous sentiments of Summer 2006 after Ruud's departure 'where will the goals come from?' Ronaldo stepped up and the rest is history, we would need someone to make a similar jump it seems from Martial, Rashford, Pogba or Mikhi.

Morata is a proven goal scorer. Very underrated player, IMO.

About Dier. He certainly didn't have is best season with Spurs. On the other hand he is a victim of his own versatility. When Pocch plays a back three he is a CB, In other matches (when Dembele is injured and he seems to become injury prone) he plays DMF and he even can play right back too.

If Dier and Walker are the only palyers who would go, i wouldn't care. Both Manchester clubs will pay way too much for the both of them. Walker is spectacluar going forward, but he makes defensive mistakes and Pocch thinks he can't play two matches in one week. Trippier is a far better crosser (but is defensively also weak).

I can see Mourinho's point in preferring Dier over Fabinho, because Dier is an English player.

Oh and about Perisic. He is not a star signing, but very good.
Remember the outrage last season when United were after Mané, according to quite a lot of fans he wasn't good enough for United...well in the end United proved not good enoufg for Mané. To me he was Liverpoll's player of the season and one of the revelations of the past season. One of the best players in the EPL.

Perisic isn't that spectacular, but he is a good player.

As a manager players like Fellaini are real assets. His physical presence is great in breaking mid field play, his aerial ability is top notch and helps against long balls. Can't expect him to dribble around like Hazard but it's weird to see when people come up with how much of a fraud he's as a footballer. He's a confidence player and last few months have given him that. He'z surely a player you would want to hold onto, though not make your game plan around

I'm back... So are we signing any more players or what?!

If the Rooney rumors are true then maybe that ll be the catalyst for the domino pieces falling. I'm still hoping for Lukaku despite his obvious shortcomings. If it's Morata then I'll assume Mou knows best.

Strange transfer this.
Lukaku himslef wants to go to Chelsea, it's his manager who wants him to go to United.
Lukaku has a very negative experience with Mourinho (all Belgian players who played for him have, except Fellaini).

Personally i don't even rate Lukaku. For a CF his first touch is very poor. Give Batschuayi opportunities to play and he is a much better CF imo (but Lukaku is much more professional than Batschuayi).

Of course one can't argue with his goals tally. But for that amount of money United could buy better CF's (Morata for instance).

And then there is playing for a big club. Lukaku is at his best when he got lots of space. Will he have that playing for United? Against the other big clubs (but he has a poor record against the top clubs), but much less against other teams.

I don't like him as a player (perhaps i'm biased), but he seems a very professional and nice guy. Hope he does well.

Morata is a better footballer but he doesn't strike me as someone who will score goals like Lukaku has.

Agree with you about Lukaku and space. At Utd tho his record against the big teams might be good since Mou parks the bus in those games. Against the lesser teams I'd still expect him to score simply b/c Mou likes to get the ball in the box. Lukaku will win headers and probably score a few late goals in those games.

Utd are looking good. Not the thoughest fixtures so far, but I'm envious of the Matic signing.

On another note, last week Batshuayi, this week Lukaku...ruined my fantasy team.

It is looking good I must admit, options in our team look very good with one of Rashford/Martial and Ibrahimovic to always come on.

I like Martial. I have a lot of faith in him. He just needs to get his head sorted. A sub with 3 goals in the league already.

I'm happy enough with our squad and our start to the season. Hopefully, Luke Shaw will get a run in the first team, stay free of injuries and finally make the left back spot his own.

Out:
- Mourinho
- Lindelöf (DF) /25mil
- Darmian (DF) /10mil
- Jones (DF) /20mil
- Shaw (DF) /18mil
- Fellaini (MF) /15mil
- Herrera (MF) /30mil
- Lukaku (CF) /60mil (as i dont think the current 100mil market value would work)

+178mil

In:
- Zidane
- Koulibaly (DF) /60mil
- Wan-Bissaka (DF) /5mil
- Alex Telles (DF) /25mil
- De Jong (MF) /40mil
- Ziyech (MF) /11mil
- Rooney (MF) /8mil
- Ibrahimovic (CF) /5mil
- Mandzukic (CF) /20mil

-174mil

NQK1X2u.png

As a fan of Liverpool (not a supporter), I'm supposed to hate United - but if you're a real fan of the beautiful game, surely you have to look at United's revival and say it's brilliant to have a real United back, playing without fear and with such positivity. It's good for football.

Solksjaer has given the players back their desire - and I doubted him tactically, but he made some brave decisions last night (playing the kids was out of his hands, but switching formations throughout the game to probe PSG's holes shows he's not just a motivational speaker). The Premier League has missed United.

That being said, there is no way on this earth that it was a penalty. Whatever happened to "ball-to-hand" and having to be "deliberate"? His arm is inches off his side, how is that (as the referees have been told to look out for) "making his body wider"? Even your standard United-loving UK commentators were surprised - until it went back to the studio, where everyone just started verbally masturbating United.

It was a brilliant victory and credit to everyone at United from Solksjaer and Phelan (who I don't think gets enough credit) down to the players, but an absolutely shit decision. I've been looking forward to VAR for a long time and I feel that it's needed - but somewhat impossibly, it seems to be making decisions LESS fair...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom