Manchester United Thread

i told events that happened in the real life that was Manchester united most of time and why people accept changes by one player is because a normal tactical problem but you can't reach something in a race where other teams like Liverpool and Man City did years ago and by time even if the team will get one title it will not be enough for one season and this is the cycle .
🤷‍♂️

Scraped past Burnley but a win is a win I guess.
In my opinion Evans put on the best performance of all our defenders of the season so far. That’s quite worrying since he’s 35 and supposed to be there as cover for our “better” defenders.
Hojlund looks the business despite not scoring today. He’s hungry for goals and puts himself in the right positions and can obviously hold the ball well for incoming wingers.
Rashford didn’t show up…. Again. Less than minimum impact on the game.
In the end it came down to a classy volley from Fernandes to swing the game.
In another time period I would say we should be tearing Burnley to pieces but with this Utd team I’m just happy for the win. 👍

Typical United performance from the last few years.

Ways we win games:

1) a counter attack
2) opposition error
3) moment of individual brilliance

Ways we never win games:

1) playing good football

We can't even pass the ball properly. So many basic passes go wrong.

Ways we win games:

1) a counter attack
2) opposition error

Ways we never win games:

1) playing good football

It doesn’t help when we try and play it out from the back. All that ever happens is that we spend 5 minutes knocking it back and forth with Onana, we then get pressured and play a long ball which then becomes a 50/50. So we may as well not follow the trend of playing backwards and just kick it long in the first place and save 5 minutes of messing about

Hi, so this was Man United "Problematic" formation vs Burnley.

lineup (3).png
Lot of midfield compactness but no "clean" way of taking the ball from defense to a deep mid position
and if it happen when we loose the ball we make opponent slower to not counter attack
but please midfielders and right back and left back if you reset means you switched from attacking to defending positions with no danger be more aggressive it doesn't matter if you will not take the ball the purpose is to make the opponent loose the ball .
That's why some times a SB can be more aggressive than CM or CDM at opponent "try to" counter attack because he is already in advanced position.

and now i'm tired of suggestion fast rebuilding things maybe these positions could be better depends on the 4/5/1 that united did vs Burnley
lineup (4).pnglineup (5).pnglineup (6).pnglineup (7).png

This was so fast as mindset it means recovering and use the available resources cause real game is vs the time .

I play pes on ps5... With steam deck and modded. How much better is it?

Ways we win games:

1) a counter attack
2) opposition error

Ways we never win games:

1) playing good football

Utd were awful , Burnley were worse. I honestly think there's a good hiding on the cards for this team

Hi, so this was Man United "Problematic" formation vs Burnley.

View attachment 237108
Lot of midfield compactness but no "clean" way of taking the ball from defense to a deep mid position
and if it happen when we loose the ball we make opponent slower to not counter attack
but please midfielders and right back and left back if you reset means you switched from attacking to defending positions with no danger be more aggressive it doesn't matter if you will not take the ball the purpose is to make the opponent loose the ball .
That's why some times a SB can be more aggressive than CM or CDM at opponent "try to" counter attack because he is already in advanced position.

and now i'm tired of suggestion fast rebuilding things maybe these positions could be better depends on the 4/5/1 that united did vs Burnley

This was so fast as mindset it means recovering and use the available resources cause real game is vs the time .
good observation! very detailed and right in many aspects. football today is very fast and sometimes you just need to see the things simple. see our cb's against Burnley and as a whole, we have very SLOW players for Premier league fast tempo. how could we expect Evans to keep up with some yougster? same applies to Varane, Lindelof and Maguire, only Martinez can fill these gaps in defence. also we should take the work in the defence other players do, Shaw and Dalot are some of the worst backs in defence department. the midfield should be more active while defending but again, age of the players come in mind, Casemiro and Ericsen are both 30+. they have experience and can play few games at constant high level but their substitues just can't replace them with the quality they have. our attacking players except Rashford are very young and haven't experience so we can't rely on them. Marcial is almost all the time injured so no help here. as you can see our problems are much bigger here. from the Brighton and Bayern games we saw that we can beat any team but on counter attacks we are weak (reasons from above in my post), also we get up again becouse we have experienced players and again counter attack comes or some stupid mistake and that is the end. it's still early season but these points we drop now might be the key at the end of the season.

good observation! very detailed and right in many aspects. football today is very fast and sometimes you just need to see the things simple. see our cb's against Burnley and as a whole, we have very SLOW players for Premier league fast tempo. how could we expect Evans to keep up with some yougster? same applies to Varane, Lindelof and Maguire, only Martinez can fill these gaps in defence. also we should take the work in the defence other players do, Shaw and Dalot are some of the worst backs in defence department. the midfield should be more active while defending but again, age of the players come in mind, Casemiro and Ericsen are both 30+. they have experience and can play few games at constant high level but their substitues just can't replace them with the quality they have. our attacking players except Rashford are very young and haven't experience so we can't rely on them. Marcial is almost all the time injured so no help here. as you can see our problems are much bigger here. from the Brighton and Bayern games we saw that we can beat any team but on counter attacks we are weak (reasons from above in my post), also we get up again becouse we have experienced players and again counter attack comes or some stupid mistake and that is the end. it's still early season but these points we drop now might be the key at the end of the season.
my hopes will go into 3-5-2 offensive side backs and Casemiro and McTominay both CDM each time one of them decide to lead as CM and Bruno CAM that he can go as ST for more space for Rashford as usual and Rasmus the main ST .
With that we can play possession and counter attack at same time with 5 or 3 defenders we need players to show their things so we need a fast solution the problem is if they did not perform there is 2 things maybe strength cause of previous match or they are kind blocked and what is the best solution than if as a player i get lost i just go back to the start point my normal position in formation and what coach told me to do ....

my hopes will go into 3-5-2 offensive side backs and Casemiro and McTominay both CDM each time one of them decide to lead as CM and Bruno CAM that he can go as ST for more space for Rashford as usual and Rasmus the main ST .
With that we can play possession and counter attack at same time with 5 or 3 defenders we need players to show their things so we need a fast solution the problem is if they did not perform there is 2 things maybe strength cause of previous match or they are kind blocked and what is the best solution than if as a player i get lost i just go back to the start point my normal position in formation and what coach told me to do ....

Casemiro and Mctominay aren't good enough to play possession. At Madrid Casemiro would give the ball to Kroos, Modric etc. All he does for us when not winning the ball back is give the ball away. Same with Mctominay. Both very careless with the ball.

Casemiro and Mctominay aren't good enough to play possession. At Madrid Casemiro would give the ball to Kroos, Modric etc. All he does for us when not winning the ball back is give the ball away. Same with Mctominay. Both very careless with the ball.
he can give the ball to one of the rb/lb Mctominay will never be at his back like CBs more than that he must be beside him and there is lot of other possibilities because he is good with long balls so Bruno/Rashford even Rasmus can call for it and that's the possession at the end he still doing his job link between Defenders and Midfielders don't forget that even Fred with Mctominay they both did not perform well or as people wanted them tbh

2 Strikers is good cause most of big teams side backs are offensive or even not it must for one of strikers to displace CBs and the more side backs will run after the ball the more the chance will be better because most of time they will tackle so other players should be ready for that ball and at the end it still football so the best thing is chaos at opponent box.

I'll be honest, I was reluctant to watch the Burnley game after the previous few games of Rashford refusing to pass to anybody but himself and nothing much changed this game. At some point Erik has to have a bloody word because our midfield are going to keep outscoring our forwards all season if we can't solve the gravity pit that is Rashford and his dead end play. I even called him a wanker on FIFA the other day when he hadn't particularly done anything wrong so I can tell it's getting to me 😂

I'll be honest, I was reluctant to watch the Burnley game after the previous few games of Rashford refusing to pass to anybody but himself and nothing much changed this game. At some point Erik has to have a bloody word because our midfield are going to keep outscoring our forwards all season if we can't solve the gravity pit that is Rashford and his dead end play. I even called him a wanker on FIFA the other day when he hadn't particularly done anything wrong so I can tell it's getting to me 😂
He didn’t really get in the game but when he did manage to he did a couple of failed dribbles and wasn’t effective. I do recall Rashford making one pass to Hojlund so that’s an improvement lol
Although having said this, we don’t know whether or not he’s being told to by the manager to be selfish when he receives the ball. Rashford had a great goal scoring season previously so it’s entirely possible he’s being told to fire at will.

So a comfortable win against palace in the league cup. Can’t fault anyone. I’ll give props to Maguire too. He didn’t have to do a great deal but when he was called upon he played well. Stand outs have to be Casemiro who absolutely ran the show, Amrabat and Dalot.

So a comfortable win against palace in the league cup. Can’t fault anyone. I’ll give props to Maguire too. He didn’t have to do a great deal but when he was called upon he played well. Stand outs have to be Casemiro who absolutely ran the show, Amrabat and Dalot.
Yep but he kind appeared with wrong play at late game maybe Evans could be instead of him at least that moment

I loved the chemistry it still one place that should be filled it's like square that move with every attacking situation it need a player that he must be aggressive with "ZONAL" vision and we have 2 players Hanibal with lack of exp and Bruno with lack of strength, so both are weak a little bit when it comes to that vision .....

I loved the chemistry it still one place that should be filled it's like square that move with every attacking situation it need a player that he must be aggressive with "ZONAL" vision and we have 2 players Hanibal with lack of exp and Bruno with lack of strength, so both are weak a little bit when it comes to that vision .....
characteristics of that position : good positioning/Fast reactions like one shot and one touch pass and the most important thing that 70% of your touched ball you need to put it deeper and there is many ways like dribbling or passing OR you take ii forward but to the corners so others like Wings will do what i'm talking about it is the same a little bit as the relationship between RWF and RB for example .

characteristics of that position : good positioning/Fast reactions like one shot and one touch pass and the most important thing that 70% of your touched ball you need to put it deeper and there is many ways like dribbling or passing OR you take ii forward but to the corners so others like Wings will do what i'm talking about it is the same a little bit as the relationship between RWF and RB for example .
A triple post and quoting yourself 😂
I thought I was a rebel with a double post until you appeared lol

He didn’t really get in the game but when he did manage to he did a couple of failed dribbles and wasn’t effective. I do recall Rashford making one pass to Hojlund so that’s an improvement lol
Although having said this, we don’t know whether or not he’s being told to by the manager to be selfish when he receives the ball. Rashford had a great goal scoring season previously so it’s entirely possible he’s being told to fire at will.
I understand that to an extent but for every goal he scores, he costs us two. The number of times when Ronaldo was here and all Rashford had to do was square the ball for an easy tap-in and instead, almost every time without fail, he'd take a shot from a crap angle and rifle it in the side-netting. He was the same when Cavani was here, I lost count of the times Rashford refused to pass for an easy goal. Our goal difference every year is horrendous compared to the big teams because any forward we have is immediately nullified by Rashford. Haaland wouldn't get to double figures in a season playing in the same team as Rashford because he can't pick the ball up like Ronaldo 35 yards out from goal to create his own chances so often.

I understand that to an extent but for every goal he scores, he costs us two. The number of times when Ronaldo was here and all Rashford had to do was square the ball for an easy tap-in and instead, almost every time without fail, he'd take a shot from a crap angle and rifle it in the side-netting. He was the same when Cavani was here, I lost count of the times Rashford refused to pass for an easy goal. Our goal difference every year is horrendous compared to the big teams because any forward we have is immediately nullified by Rashford. Haaland wouldn't get to double figures in a season playing in the same team as Rashford because he can't pick the ball up like Ronaldo 35 yards out from goal to create his own chances so often.
That’s true but you could say the same for Antony on the other side. The thing is with Rashford, he’s not what I would call a traditional winger. He’s a striker that likes to play on the left side. I personally don’t like us playing 433 (or whatever variant is used). It isolates the centre forward and if the wingers aren’t on top of their game then it’s a big struggle to create.
Last season Rashford had a great scoring season but defences have got smart to his game. I feel he and the team would operate better using two strikers. Rashford left CF and Hojlund right CF. Then we wouldn’t have an isolation up front. I know all the best teams use a 433 but that’s because they have world class wingers and quite simply… we don’t. Not to stereotype an entire nation here but I don’t think there’s any chance of us changing from a 433 since we’ve got a Dutch manger

That’s true but you could say the same for Antony on the other side. The thing is with Rashford, he’s not what I would call a traditional winger. He’s a striker that likes to play on the left side. I personally don’t like us playing 433 (or whatever variant is used). It isolates the centre forward and if the wingers aren’t on top of their game then it’s a big struggle to create.
Last season Rashford had a great scoring season but defences have got smart to his game. I feel he and the team would operate better using two strikers. Rashford left CF and Hojlund right CF. Then we wouldn’t have an isolation up front. I know all the best teams use a 433 but that’s because they have world class wingers and quite simply… we don’t. Not to stereotype an entire nation here but I don’t think there’s any chance of us changing from a 433 since we’ve got a Dutch manger
Excellent point mate, we’re pretty much stuck with a 4-3-3, or bastardizations of it, even if we don’t have the players to make it click.

Excellent point mate, we’re pretty much stuck with a 4-3-3, or bastardizations of it, even if we don’t have the players to make it click.
Thanks. I’ll admit when it clicks then it does work well though. It’s just a lot depends on winger performance. A team like City can get away with average winger performance because of the quality throughout the rest of the team but because our team is clearly weaker the wingers have to be on top form every game otherwise it’s an uphill battle. Two CF means we wouldn’t have to rely on wingers. Anyway, that’s what I think. I’m sure Ten Hag would disagree lol

I was at Old Trafford for this game. I felt like I wasted my money. They better start putting together a string of wins or Ten Hag might find himself out of a job.

God couldn't manage this club. If it wasn't for the compensation most managers would walk from this job. Impossible.

Back
Top Bottom