Hi bros! :BSCARF: Thanks for your comments! It will probably be a few days before I post again, since I have to take care of some work related stuff, but..

For my first ML in Europe, I wanted to leave an open poll on what my next Master League should be. I'd just like to point out a couple of things:

- I'm thinking the poll will be up for approximately 2 weeks or so. However, i'd prefer that, if you guys have any comments on the options, to let me know in a pm, at least until the Comizzo story is complete! If possible, I think it'd be cool to focus on this story and not get the future ML's in the way of the story flow! Comments are very welcome in this thread, but I'd like to keep them focused on the current ML. :YES:

- Whichever option receives the most votes after 2 weeks, that will be my next Master League story. :D I just want to set this up right now so that the poll has time to develop.

That's it for now friends! Awaiting your votes. I will be back in a few days to continue Gunma United's odyssey! :RSCARF:

Last edited:
Aha! Hello friend! Another Millonarios fan! :TU::BSCARF:

I am using "VirtuaRed patch" with their corrersponding stadiums, they have most of the Colombian Liga! Aguante el Embajador! :BSCARF::TU:

All great options! I voted for the Spanish team because I love a good ML with a created team, but the Bolton save sounds very cool too. I'm almost 100% sure you can find the Macron Stadium for it too!

FIGHTING HIS WAY BACK!!

comizzo.jpg

⚽ FACING A CRISIS, COMIZZO DELIVERS AN ASTONISHING ONE-TWO PUNCH ⚽

26 Matches Played
7 Wins, 11 Draws, 8 Losses
13th in J1 League.

At the end of the last episode, only 4 points separated #16 Gunma United, our boys in red, and #5 Kashima Reysol. Things were definitely looking interesting as Comizzo's team faced the surprising league leader Yokohama FC Marinos at home. Spirits were high after consecutive wins, and United came out looking to make a statement. A win could potentially put them in the top 8 teams in the J-League! Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. Facing much greater talent, Comizzo decided to play his lines back and go back on the counterattacks, but his strategy didn't work, as Yokohama dominated possession and did not let United play its incisive counterattacking game. Gunma United 0, Yokohama FC Marinos 1.

Things started to look up a bit in the next match against Hiroshima.. 3 very valuable points were earned as visitors, Sanfrecce Hiroshima 1 Gunma United 2. One very interesting side note about this match was the emergence of youngster Taichi Hara, the backup Center Forward who Comizzo trusted with the start this time. Even though Marcos Riquelme, the Argentinean forward who Comizzo brought from the Peruvian League had scored some goals, he had a bit of trouble adapting to the new Comizzo-ball. A lot of it had to do with playing style. Riquelme is an opportunistic goalscorer, more prone to find spaces, but he is not a holding type of attacker. Hara, on the other hand, is a tall, strong, Center Forward, and in this match, fit in well with Comizzo's 4-2-3-1 counterattacking style, protecting the ball, feeding it to United's fast wingers, and also scoring himself! This was definitely a promising sign. :TU:

20210920042018_1.jpg20210920043038_1.jpg

However, things would not look as good in Gunma United's next 4 matches. First came a showdown against Shimizu S-Pulse, a team which seemed to have Comizzo's number. In a team full of Brazilians, and coached by none other than legendary Romario, Shimizu's Japanese fans have embraced Brazilian culture, even playing samba in the stands. As a true-blooded Argentine, Comizzo came out passionate, and perhaps inspired by his come from behind win against Hiroshima, decided to play more aggressively. Here are some of his pregame quotes:

"Yes, it's Gunma vs Shimizu. But it's also Argentina vs Brazil. It's a matter of national pride, like Japan vs Korea, no?"
"Romario? One of the greats. I'm not exactly sure if his personal 1000 goal tally is real though. Sounds more like a myth to me."
"Unfortunately for them, coaches don't score goals. We use our minds. And today I will prove to be the smarter manager. I will out-think him."
"I guarantee victory."

Final score, Shimizu S-Pulse 2, Gunma United 1.

United's next 3 matches were very frustrating affairs for Comizzo and the team. First came a 1-1 draw at home vs Kawasaki Frontale, a match in which Gunma United had the lead until the 80th minute. Then came 2 successive losses, a 1-0 loss against Gamba Osaka, and most frustratingly, a 2-3 loss against Vegalta Sendai at home. The most frustrating part about this loss, was that United was up 2-1 at one point, before Vegalta Sendai scored 2 goals in less than 15 minutes! This loss stung, it was at home, and against a direct rival.

After the debacle against Sendai, United went on the road to face struggling Tokushima Vortis. Comizzo felt this was the perfect opportunity to stop the bleeding, as he considered Tokushima to be very beatable rivals, based on their struggling form. However, all United could do was salvage a measly point in a very pallid and uneventful 0-0.

After this match, Comizzo did something almost no Japanese manager would ever do: He put the blame squarely on the players.

"I can accept losing. What I can't accept is playing with no balls. First the loss against Vegalta Sendai, in a match we were controlling. We conceded 2 goals in 15 minutes. I mean where the hell was our defense? And then this draw against Tokushima Vortis. Are you kidding me, they are a junior team, in Argentina they wouldn't even make second division, and we can't even score a goal. I know Japanese people are supposed to be respectful, and talk indirectly, but I am ashamed of this team today, ashamed of this lack of effort, and believe me! The team will know my mood this week at practice." 👿

20210922015635_1.jpg20210922015639_1.jpg

Comizzo was fined 1.5 Million Yen for his comments, but was not suspended.

The media was all over Comizzo's tirade the next day. Japanese newspapers and analysts were already predicting that Comizzo would not last the season, and his comments about Tokushima Vortis being a "Junior Team", and "not good enough for Argentine 2nd division" caused a lot of controversy and anger. But there was a plan behind the apparent madness. Comizzo wanted to fire his team up. It would not be the first or last time he had played the villain, and if he had to be Mr. Bad Guy in order to start winning, that's a role he was willing to play. In fact, he revels in it, as he loves to be the antagonist.

Whatever it was that Comizzo said or drilled to his team during practice, it seemed to work. The next 2 matches came up against 2 of the most talented teams in the J-League. First was Cerezo Osaka at home, a team with dangerous strikers, very offensive. The game ended in United's favor 3-2, a nailbiting win in which 3 of the 5 goals were scored in the last 10 minutes of the game! In literally the last play of the match, a blooper and defensive mistake by the Osaka goalie enabled Hara, once again, to convert the 3-2 winner! Comizzo could be seen wildly celebrating in the bench. :ROCK:

But perhaps even more impressive was United's next win, a 0-1 victory vs League Favorites FC Tokyo, with their brand new and shining transfer Hidetoshi Nakata, perhaps the most talented player in the J-League! This win, doubtlessly more than any other match in the season, signified Comizzo-Ball at its best (or worst, depending on who you're speaking to). A 0-1 victory in FC Tokyo's stadium, facing a very hostile crowd, featured 10 shots (7 on target) for Tokyo, and only 1 shot for Gunma United, which ended up being a goal! United are back in it, and Angel Comizzo proves once again that he is most dangerous when he is counted out! Even if he has to play the villain, he will do anything in his power to keep United in first division, and maybe, just maybe, with 12 games to go in the season, he will be able to carve a home here in Japan.

"This win against Tokyo is one of my biggest wins ever. To come here as a visiting team, against a title contender, and win in my style, was very satisfying."
"I don't need your applause or recognition. All I care about is my family, my players, my team.. What you guys write is not my problem."
"We'll see who's laughing when the season ends." :LOL:

20210922013009_1.jpg20210922020257_1.jpg20210922015637_1.jpg

:RSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories. :TU: :BSCARF:
Comments are welcome!
:YES:

Last edited:
IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO ⚽

GUNMA.jpgCOMIZZO.jpg

ANGEL COMIZZO KEEPS GUNMA UNITED IN J1 LEAGUE BY THE SKIN OF THEIR TEETH!
38 Matches Played
9 Wins, 17 Draws, 12 Losses
17th in J1 League

It was not an easy end of the season for Angel Comizzo and Gunma United! At the end of our last installment, United stood comfortably outside of relegation zone, in 13th place after their 2 consecutive wins against J1 League Powerhouses Gamba Osaka and Tokyo FC. However, out of the last 12 matches, the team had a very difficult finish of 2 wins, 6 draws, and 4 losses, only able to salvage 12 points out of a possible 36. Nothing has ever come easy to Comizzo, and if he was to keep United in first division, well, drama could not be too far behind, could it? A dramatic, difficult ending would definitely follow!

After coming up on a high due to their win at Tokyo Stadium, United was not able to capitalize on their next 4 matches, a 1-2 loss against Shonan Bellmare, a 2-2 Draw against Kashiwa Reysol, followed by two straight losses, 1-2 vs Andres Iniesta's Vissel Kobe and yet another 2-1 setback against Nagoya Grampus. Was another crisis in store for Comizzo and Gunma United? Whispers were plentiful in the press that the team was downtrodden and a serious lack of chemistry was present in the team. The boys were reeling and in real danger of relegation. With the transfer window coming to a close, a big change was definitely needed. And it started with a vital piece that Comizzo himself had brought from South America. Marcos Riquelme, the Argentinean striker, had not really panned out for the team. The emergence of Taichi Hara, the youngster from the bench, did not make Riquelme too happy, and it showed. Even though he did not quarrel with anybody, his dejection could be seen and noted in the locker room and more importantly, in the results, as this affected team chemistry. Comizzo decided to act, selling Riquelme to a Bolivian team and looking to his rival nation, Brazil, to unearth hidden talents, signing striker Saulo Mineiro from Ceara.

2.jpg6.jpg

As customary, Comizzo was not at a loss for words in the following presser:

"Marcos is a great person, a great human being. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean he's a great fit for our team. I wish him the best in Bolivia."
"You guys might not have heard of Saulo Mineiro before. But trust me, he will be making commercials for Pocari Sweat in less than 6 months."

Even though Gunma United was somewhat stabilized, they still could not find the net, and goals were very hard to come by. 3 consecutive draws, 0-0 against Urawa Reds, 1-1 vs Sagan Tosu, and 0-0 vs Consadole Sapporo could've meant real trouble for Comizzo and the boys, but in their next match at Avispa Fukuoka, the offense found a groove. The team already had a gifted passer and scorer in Kaito Nakamura, but Comizzo had yet to find an appropriate role for him in his counterattacking 4-2-3-1 formation, as he was playing Nakamura on the wing and not in his more natural position as a secondary support striker.

That is when Comizzo decided a paradigm shift was needed, and changed Gunma United's formation to a 4-4-2, pairing up Nakamura and Saulo Mineiro up front, and also bringing in Taichi Hara from the bench. This immediately paid dividends, as the team secured a very important 2-3 victory in Fukuoka stadium. The signings had worked. Saulo Mineiro and Kaito Nakamura seemed to have a connection on the pitch, and the changed strategy gave United more options up front, without sacrificing their fast winger play, especially on the right with Someya, the long haired winger who has fast become popular with Gunma's female fans. More importantly as well, this victory gave United a bit more breathing space in the race against relegation.

4.jpg7.jpg

Fortunately for United, the last 3 teams were not catching up to them. Despite their difficult and troublesome performance in the past few matches, United was for the time being, able to avoid the relegation zone. However, as it was so often the case this season, after a win, trouble would not be far behind, as Gunma lost their next match 1-3 vs Kashima Antlers. This loss was particularly frustrating, as the team was winning 1-0 at the 56th minute and let their lead simply slip away. Were the worrisome dark clouds not too far behind once again? It definitely seemed like nothing would come easy for Comizzo's boys this semester. It almost seemed lately like, every time the team took a step forwards, it could not follow up with another positive step. Relegation drama kept unfolding, as well as, as many speculated, Comizzo's future with the team.

The last 3 matches for United were kind of a trial by fire, and Comizzo knew it. These last three matches would probably decide relegation or permanence in first division. Even though Gunma were ahead in the race against relegation, Comizzo knew that more defeats could spell trouble for the team, and he really worked in motivating the squad. Say what you want about Comizzo, he was loyal to the players, and he never believed in letting the media know his methods. In anycase, the boys in red faced a very difficult opponent in their next game, as they visited League Leaders Yokohama F Marinos at their stadium, with a rowdy crowd ready to take one step closer to the league title. United would play spoiler in this match though, a valuable 1-1 draw, a match in which they were VERY close to winning until a late equalizer by the Marinos changed the story. This draw would prove to be crucial for 2 reasons, however. First and most importantly, it was a step in the right direction to escape relegation for United, secondly, it prevented Marinos from practically clinching the title. This would prove fateful for them in the last game of the season, as FC Tokyo would snatch the title away from them in a dramatic finish.

8.jpg1.jpg20210922221913_1.jpg

Once again, though, inconsistency would play its troublesome part. A rather forgettable 0-0 draw against Sanfrecce Hiroshima followed. Even though United dominated the action, they could not score. However, this draw would prove to be very important. In the second to last match of the year, this result meant that Gunma United had secured their permanence in first division, a rather unthought of prospect at the beginning of the year, when Angel Comizzo had taken the reins of the team. And therefore, despite their recent lack of form, the crowd at Gunma stadium could finally breathe a sigh of relief, and cheer for their team, as United had achieved what at first seemed like an impossible task.

In addition, and ending the season on a very positive note, United was able to give their hometown fans an additional reason to cheer about. In their last game, United handed a 3-0 drubbing of their opponents, Yokohama FC, with goals by Saul Mineiro, Nakamura, and Someya, in their final day of the season. This match was seen as a cause for celebration for Comizzo and United. With relegation clinched, the boys in red feasted on their opponents, and played with a relaxation that had not been seen before.. It was a "baile" a dance, and a great way to finish what was otherwise a tumultuous and intensely emotional season. Comizzo could be seen embracing the players one by one at the end of the match, his emotions pouring out after such a tense final stretch.

Seen as a whole, the final part of the year was not consistent for United, as the team really struggled down the stretch. But this could not overshadow the main point, that the objective of staying in first division has been completed. United finished 4 points above relegation zone, and could've finished as high as 13 or above if a few more matches had gone their way. The day the season ended, and even though management was not too happy about the inconsistent ending of the season, the powers that be decided to give Angel "Perfect Hair" Comizzo a one year extension, as he has achieved what he came to Japan to do: Keep United in First Division.

3.jpg

The Beatles of Gunma United.

In his final press conference of the season, Comizzo had more than a few things to say.

"My name is Angel Comizzo and I came here for one reason. That reason is very simple. To keep this team in first division. Everything else is just nonsense, mindless noise, a cake with no topping."
"Yes, I know the end of the season was not as good as expected. But you tell me. We were the poorest, the least talented team at the start of the year. People were laughing at us. NOBODY WANTED THIS JOB. Nobody gave a shit about us before. And now we're here to stay."
"No matter what you say or write, the fans know that I love this team. I will protect my players till the end. No one can take this away from us."

:RSCARF: :TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories. :TU: :BSCARF:
Comments are welcome! :YES:

Last edited:
A long tough season wasn't it?
Pretty much an "All or Nothing" and if you ask me I'd say they took it "All"!
Despite being ignored or rather humiliated by other teams' fans, despite having issue with players' chemistry with Comizzo's personality, and Someya's sexy long hair, they have proven to be among the top tier.
And it takes real balls to contradict with a country that has a conservative culture and sculpt your name in gold.
Now they have got to buy him food, but not suchi though

Brilliant stuff from Comizzo. It is very hard for a small team to come up to the top flight & stay there. Usually they make some extra gate receipts from the boost in attendance & then go right back down.

The fiery pride & honor of Comizzo, will stick with Gunma United supporters & become part of the teams identity. True warriors.

They may not have won any trophies.. but they should still celebrate the season! Preferably in a kareoke bar with lots of beer for the Beatles! No Sushi!

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO ⚽

View attachment 122568View attachment 122572

ANGEL COMIZZO KEEPS GUNMA UNITED IN J1 LEAGUE BY THE SKIN OF THEIR TEETH!
38 Matches Played
9 Wins, 17 Draws, 12 Losses
17th in J1 League

It was not an easy end of the season for Angel Comizzo and Gunma United! At the end of our last installment, United stood comfortably outside of relegation zone, in 13th place after their 2 consecutive wins against J1 League Powerhouses Gamba Osaka and Tokyo FC. However, out of the last 12 matches, the team had a very difficult finish of 2 wins, 6 draws, and 4 losses, only able to salvage 12 points out of a possible 36. Nothing has ever come easy to Comizzo, and if he was to keep United in first division, well, drama could not be too far behind, could it? A dramatic, difficult ending would definitely follow!

After coming up on a high due to their win at Tokyo Stadium, United was not able to capitalize on their next 4 matches, a 1-2 loss against Shonan Bellmare, a 2-2 Draw against Kashiwa Reysol, followed by two straight losses, 1-2 vs Andres Iniesta's Vissel Kobe and yet another 2-1 setback against Nagoya Grampus. Was another crisis in store for Comizzo and Gunma United? Whispers were plentiful in the press that the team was downtrodden and a serious lack of chemistry was present in the team. The boys were reeling and in real danger of relegation. With the transfer window coming to a close, a big change was definitely needed. And it started with a vital piece that Comizzo himself had brought from South America. Marcos Riquelme, the Argentinean striker, had not really panned out for the team. The emergence of Taichi Hara, the youngster from the bench, did not make Riquelme too happy, and it showed. Even though he did not quarrel with anybody, his dejection could be seen and noted in the locker room and more importantly, in the results, as this affected team chemistry. Comizzo decided to act, selling Riquelme to a Bolivian team and looking to his rival nation, Brazil, to unearth hidden talents, signing striker Saulo Mineiro from Ceara.

View attachment 122577View attachment 122578

As customary, Comizzo was not at a loss for words in the following presser:

"Marcos is a great person, a great human being. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean he's a great fit for our team. I wish him the best in Bolivia."
"You guys might not have heard of Saulo Mineiro before. But trust me, he will be making commercials for Pocari Sweat in less than 6 months."

Even though Gunma United was somewhat stabilized, they still could not find the net, and goals were very hard to come by. 3 consecutive draws, 0-0 against Urawa Reds, 1-1 vs Sagan Tosu, and 0-0 vs Consadole Sapporo could've meant real trouble for Comizzo and the boys, but in their next match at Avispa Fukuoka, the offense found a groove. The team already had a gifted passer and scorer in Kengo Nakamura, but Comizzo had yet to find an appropriate role for him in his counterattacking 4-2-3-1 formation, as he was playing Nakamura on the wing and not in his more natural position as a secondary support striker.

That is when Comizzo decided a paradigm shift was needed, and changed Gunma United's formation to a 4-4-2, pairing up Nakamura and Saulo Mineiro up front, and also bringing in Taichi Hara from the bench. This immediately paid dividends, as the team secured a very important 2-3 victory in Fukuoka stadium. The signings had worked. Saulo Mineiro and Kengo Nakamura seemed to have a connection on the pitch, and the changed strategy gave United more options up front, without sacrificing their fast winger play, especially in the right with Someya, the long haired winger who has fast become popular with Gunma's female fans. More importantly as well, this victory gave United a bit more breathing space in the race against relegation.

View attachment 122579View attachment 122580

Fortunately for United, the last 3 teams were not catching up to them. Despite their difficult and troublesome performance in the past few matches, United was for the time being, able to avoid the relegation zone. However, as it was so often the case this season, after a win, trouble would not be far behind, as Gunma lost their next match 1-3 vs Kashima Antlers. This loss was particularly frustrating, as the team was winning 1-0 at the 56th minute and let their lead simply slip away. Were the worrisome dark clouds not too far behind once again? It definitely seemed like nothing would come easy for Comizzo's boys this semester. It almost seemed lately like, every time the team took a step forwards, it could not follow up with another positive step. Relegation drama kept unfolding, as well as, as many speculated, Comizzo's future with the team.

The last 3 matches for United were kind of a trial by fire, and Comizzo knew it. These last three matches would probably decide relegation or permanence in first division. Even though Gunma were ahead in the race against relegation, Comizzo knew that more defeats could spell trouble for the team, and he really worked in motivating the squad. Say what you want about Comizzo, he was loyal to the players, and he never believed in letting the media know his methods. In anycase, the boys in red faced a very difficult opponent in their next game, as they visited League Leaders Yokohama F Marinos at their stadium, with a rowdy crowd ready to take one step closer to the league title. United would play spoiler in this match though, a valuable 1-1 draw, a match in which they were VERY close to winning until a late equalizer by the Marinos changed the story. This draw would prove to be crucial for 2 reasons, however. First and most importantly, it was a step in the right direction to escape relegation for United, secondly, it prevented Marinos from practically clinching the title. This would prove fateful for them in the last game of the season, as FC Tokyo would snatch the title away from them in a dramatic finish.

View attachment 122584View attachment 122606View attachment 122585

Once again, though, inconsistency would play its troublesome part. A rather forgettable 0-0 draw against Sanfrecce Hiroshima followed. Even though United dominated the action, they could not score. However, this draw would prove to be very important. In the second to last match of the year, this result meant that Gunma United had secured their permanence in first division, a rather unthought of prospect at the beginning of the year, when Angel Comizzo had taken the reins of the team. And therefore, despite their recent lack of form, the crowd at Gunma stadium could finally breathe a sigh of relief, and cheer for their team, as United had achieved what at first seemed like an impossible task.

In addition, and ending the season on a very positive note, United was able to give their hometown fans an additional reason to cheer about. In their last game, United handed a 3-0 drubbing of their opponents, Yokohama FC, with goals by Saul Mineiro, Nakamura, and Someya, in their final day of the season. This match was seen as a cause for celebration for Comizzo and United. With relegation clinched, the boys in red feasted on their opponents, and played with a relaxation that had not been seen before.. It was a "baile" a dance, and a great way to finish what was otherwise a tumultuous and intensely emotional season. Comizzo could be seen embracing the players one by one at the end of the match, his emotions pouring out after such a tense final stretch.

Seen as a whole, the final part of the year was not consistent for United, as the team really struggled down the stretch. But this could not overshadow the main point, that the objective of staying in first division has been completed. United finished 4 points above relegation zone, and could've finished as high as 13 or above if a few more matches had gone their way. The day the season ended, and even though management was not too happy about the inconsistent ending of the season, the powers that be decided to give Angel "Perfect Hair" Comizzo a one year extension, as he has achieved what he came to Japan to do: Keep United in First Division.

View attachment 122608

The Beatles of Gunma United.

In his final press conference of the season, Comizzo had more than a few things to say.

"My name is Angel Comizzo and I came here for one reason. That reason is very simple. To keep this team in first division. Everything else is just nonsense, mindless noise, a cake with no topping."
"Yes, I know the end of the season was not as good as expected. But you tell me. We were the poorest, the least talented team at the start of the year. People were laughing at us. NOBODY WANTED THIS JOB. Nobody gave a shit about us before. And now we're here to stay."
"No matter what you say or write, the fans know that I love this team. I will protect my players till the end. No one can take this away from us."

YESSSSS!!!! Very difficult ending of the season but there's one thing you were fighting for, and it is all important: you're SAFE!

Well, I predicted Comizzo would keep them up and he duly did! Even if the cup run did not materialise. It was close but he did it and it seems he is winning the Gunma fans over slowly as well, perhaps creating a siege mentality amongst the club and its fans ( maybe that's something else Mourinho stole from him too :LOL: )

Could he push on and maybe qualify for the Asian Champions League next season? Or is that too much for little Gunma even for Comizzo? One thing's for sure whatever happens his hair will be fine.

SEASON 2: THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT!

comizzo.jpg20210925080620_1.jpg

COMIZZO SPEARHEADS GUNMA UNITED'S YOUTH IN A SURPRISING START!
7 Matches Played
3 Wins, 3 Draws, 1 Loss
6th in J1 League

Starting off Gunma United's 2nd season in my Master League campaign, Gunma United's 2nd season in J1 league history! The small city of Takasaki, Gunma Prefecture, population 375,000, has really embraced Comizzo and the boys in red. After a first season where nobody, and I mean nobody, expected United to stay in first division, a 17th place finish, even if far from ideal, was seen nonetheless by the fans and management as a tremendous positive for the team. To think that only 18 years ago, in 2003, Gunma United had been founded as very humble team riding the enthusiasm of the Korea Japan World Cup, and now they are firmly in J1 League first division, that is seen by many as quite an accomplishment.

However, many doubters remain. Gunma United is still one of the teams with the lowest budgets in the league, and their controversial manager Angel "Mr. Perfect Hair" Comizzo is still turning heads wherever he goes, pretty much firing up a storm in the media. A truly polarizing figure, most Japanese journalists, as well as fans from other teams, heavily criticized his methods as the second season unfolded. Here are some of the most memorable quotes from some of the articles and journalists:

"Gunma's second season will prove that the first one was a fluke."
"Here's what's wrong about Gunma's manager. He thinks HE is Gunma United."
"Comizzo, the zero tactics man: A team cannot be built with desire only."
"Sooner or later, a Volcano will erupt. Expect to see Gunma in 2nd division next year."

Like @mattmid skillfully said. It's a siege mentality now. It's us vs them. Gunma vs the world. Comizzo has installed this thought process now in the team. He is out to prove everyone wrong. Yes, a Japanese team can be successful with heart, desire, passion, more than with x's and o's. Yes, a Japanese team can show individuality, not just teamwork. Yes, Gunma United will remain in first division through the strength of emotion rather than strength of skill. That is the way of thinking, or at least the accepted narrative for the team's second season.

But nobody expected this: After 7 games, Gunma United is not only outside of the relegation zone, they are sitting 6th in the league!

1.jpg20210923210436_1.jpg

Season 2 started off with 2 hard fought draws. 1-1 vs Kawasaki Frontale, and 1-1 vs Sanfrecce Hiroshima. Both were very cagey affairs, very disputed and intense, but with a surprising twist. Comizzo seemed committed to a new system. While most of last season, United had played in a 4-2-3-1 formation, now the team is playing more to its strengths. After signing experienced winger Kohei Shigeta (pictured above), United gained a lot of speed up front. And now with 2 strikers (Brazilian Saulo Mineiro and talented secondary striker Kaito Nakamura), Comizzo has decided to feature a classic 4-4-2 formation, which has been present in all of his matches so far without much variation!

The team more or less looks like this now: Osako at goalkeeper, Caique and Aguilar at left back and right back, respectively, Honda and Calik anchoring the defense at center backs. Morita playing as a more Defensive Midfielder, with Hasegawa playing as a more Central Midfielder, Someya and Shigeta as right and left Wingers, and the two striker duo of Saulo playing as a finisher, and Nakamura as secondary striker. With rapid wing play, a striker with assisting capabilities, and dynamic left backs and right backs, a 4-4-2 formation has adapted well to the team's strengths.

Here's something to note: Out of these starting 11, only 2 players (Caique and Morita) are over the age of 25! The entire starting eleven has an average age of 23.1 years, which might be good for the youngest starting 11 in the entire J-1 league. Don't look now, but Comizzo, shrewdly and using his limited budget and scouting, has assembled what is perhaps the youngest team in the league! Gunma United's youth movement is Comizzo's secret weapon, and the players are developing well under the Argentine's leadership. This has undoubtedly been a major key in United's surprising start. There is a sense of optimism and fight in the team's continued adventure in first division, after a tough but rewarding first season.

20210924034815_1.jpg20210925052203_1.jpg

This was apparent in Gunma's two match winning streak in games 3 and 4 of the season! 1-0 vs Cerezo Osaka, and 3-1 vs Kashiwa Reysol! In both of these matches, 22 year old Kaito Nakamura and 23 year old Saulo Mineiro scored, as their striker tandem was in full force, especially in the match against Kashiwa! (in which Saulo scored a brace). A beautiful free kick by Nakamura is pictured above.. However, it is important to note that even if the strikers grabbed the headlines in these matches, the entire youth movement played really well. Young Peruvian Aguilar, the Right Back and Brazilian Caique, the Left Back, are adding a lot of shine and passing options to the Winger tandem of Someya and Shigeta, understanding each others' movements very well, and creating chemistry. But of course, all of this youth could not flourish without strong leadership on the pitch. That is why Comizzo really trusts his captain Piston Honda and Defensive Midfielder Morita. Both of these players (aged 26 and 25, respectively) have emerged as calm, authoritative voices in the locker room and on the pitch, organizing the defensive lines, doing the dirty work so that the younger players can shine. Comizzo has entrusted them in leadership positions, which is something he stressed on in his presser after the 3-1 victory over Kashiwa Reysol, as well as some enigmatic quotes:

"Honda and Morita have my complete trust, and they have taught me too. What it is they've taught me, I'll keep that to myself."
"Do you seriously expect me to tell you what I've learned here? Why would I give you this advantage?"
"You think I'm just this volcano ready to erupt, right? Only passion? Well, good for you. Continue thinking that. That's what I want you to think."
"I've read the headlines. Yes, and the sports programs too. "Zero Tactics Comizzo"? Let me tell you something. The headlines are right. I know nothing about football. How I'm able to coach this team, I really have no idea."

20210927031028_1.jpg20210927031033_1.jpg

Gunma United followed the 2 game winning streak with a 1-1 draw vs Vegalta Sendai, in a match where they should've clearly won (given their many more chances), and their first loss of the season against perennial contenders Vissel Kobe (one of the most talented teams in the league). Even though this defeat stung a bit, the team continued to play well and create more chances than in the first season. In a way, the critics are right about one thing: Comizzo is not a master tactician. (Even though he will never admit this in public). He is not a master strategist like Klopp or Ferguson. But what he is is a motivator, a leader, and a protector of his players. Even in the defeat against Vissel, United could be seen holding their heads high, proudly, and looking forward to their next match. This can be seen as a direct result of Comizzo's motivation. Even though the season is still quite young and many things could still happen, there is a marked difference in the attitude of the team, the way they encounter both victory and defeat. Perhaps the team is becoming mentally stronger?

3.jpg20210927031427_1.jpg
The city has taken the team under their wing. "Los Luchadores" (Spanish for "The Fighters"). United's surprising start.​

This could clearly be seen in United's seventh match of the season, a 2-0 win against Sagan Tosu. The team continued on with its 4-4-2 formation, with simplified but direct counter attacking tactics that bore fruit and resulted in 2 goals by Someya and Saulo. The team is playing well, sittiing in 6th place and with Saulo the second leading goalscorer in the J-League (5 goals in 6 matches). Comizzo knows that the season is very long, that Gunma United is still long ways away in terms of sheer talent when compared to the Top Guns of the league (The Osaka teams, FC Tokyo, Vissel Kobe, Urawa Red Diamonds, etc). But his youth movement appears to be taking off, and Comizzo is giving Gunma United something their fans have been looking for a long time: A footballing identity and a real sense of pride. It will be interesting to see what happens as the team's second season unfolds..!!

"Besides my family, this team has become my life. I can really say that now."
"Japan has treated me very well. I went to a hot spring the other day. But only with my wife. I don't see the point in going with my staff."
"I still guarantee victory against Romario. There's no way that guy's going to one of your talk shows before I am."
"What were the keys to victory? Very simple. I have no idea. Luck, I guess? How should I know.. I am Mr. Zero Tactics."

:RSCARF::TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories. :TU::BSCARF:
Comments are welcome!
:YES:

Last edited:
Another great write up :)) Does the ML have the Asian Champions League and what position do you need to reach it?

1632743982738.png

On the left of the picture is what happens to squad members who do not buy in to the 'Comizzo Way' :LOL:

I am so glad Comizzo has found a way to a great start for the season. The first one was challenging but this one will surely be the toughest. Yes, he won the trust of Gunma's population, but that is not the end. He needs to prove the headlines wrong and he needs to finish higher than last season.
I AM lowering my expectation because it is still the start of another long long season, but I trust him, even though he wouldn't take me to a hot spring, I trust him...

SEASON 2: WE ARE GUNMA UNITED

20210929232959_1.jpg

DEFYING EXPECTATIONS, GUNMA SIT IN FIFTH AT THE MIDWAY POINT!
17 Matches Played
8 Wins, 5 Draws, 4 Losses
5th in J1 League

Who would've thought this? Definitely not the dozens of South American journalists who, one after the other, dismissed Angel Comizzo as a washout after his uneven run with Universitario of Peru. Not the Japanese journalists who thought Comizzo's ways would clash too much with the league's and nation's culture and establishment. Not the Gunma United management , who were happy enough to stay safe in first division after a tumultous (albeit successful) season. And definitely not so-called football pundits and naysayers, who predicted that the team didn't have the mental fortitude or talent to compete in first division.

But I'll tell you who believed that this team had it in them. Angel Comizzo himself.

After a convincing 2-0 win vs Sagan Tosu, it was Cup Time for Gunma United. And guess who they would be facing? Sagan Tosu, once again. Even though they are not one of the stronger teams in the league, Comizzo was not counting his chips just yet. He is aware that a cup match, especially one in Japan's Emperor Cup, is always difficult, given the nature of the matches themselves. Win and you progress to the next phase. Lose and you're out. There are no do-overs. So even though they were not facing the strongest of opponents, Gunma United came out as if this were a final. And they pulled it off, 2-1 in a spirited and very dramatic performance (with a 92 minute goal by up and coming striker Taichi Hara!!) which was historic for one particular reason: This was their first Cup win in their history! So many previous losses and disappointments, even last season's, were erased in one match. United fans celebrated everywhere. A couple of quotes from the presser:

Angel Comizzo: "This isn't just a small cup win. This is the beginning of something greater. We are daring to dream."
Taichi Hara: "Scoring a cup winner at the last minute, I can't even describe what it feels like. It's the best feeling in the world."

20210928035604_1.jpg20210928041210_1.jpg

After this inspiring cup win, United went back to the league with renewed spirits and faith in themselves, which they duly represented on the pitch with a 2-2 away draw against tough Consadole Sapporo. Unfortunately, after this match, the team was not able to retain their form as they lost 0-1 in a disappointing match at home against bottom feeders Yokohama FC. This was a very disappointing loss, since Gunma intended to capitalize their run of good form at home, and also proved not only that the J1 League is an amazingly tight league, where anyone can beat anyone, but that Gunma could not and would not rest on their laurels.

The next match was a return to form, a workmanlike 0-1 away win vs Shonan Bellmare. Comizzo was happy at this result, since the team showed more of the fighting spirit which had been present at the cup. But once again, inconsistency would rear its head, as this win was followed by a 1-2 loss, again at home, vs up and coming Tokushima Vortis. Perhaps out of frustration, Comizzo was sent off in minute 78 due to protesting the refereeing too much! But actually it was not the refereeing he was frustrated with, but the lack of consistency by his players. Here's a noteworthy quote:

"There's something you guys need to know. In Argentina, a home stadium is a fortress. It is the opposing team's worst nightmare. We have to create this in Gunma, a fortress mentality at home. I expect the flags and the support to be insane the next match. It has to be."
"It's about love and pride. Loving your team, loving your teammates and your city. Pride. Our players must understand that. I guarantee victory in our next match."

20210928215835_1.jpgcomizzo.jpg
The next match was important for the following reason: What at first had started as a friendly rivalry between Comizzo and Romario, the only two South American managers in the J-League, had progressed to something altogether more important and dramatic. Once again, this was a question of pride, and Comizzo's good natured jabs had not passed inadvertently to Romario. Shimizu S-Pulse has been struggling this season, and Romario wanted to win in Gunma's stadium. However this was not to be the case, as a very close and cagey match ended 1-0 in favor of our boys in red! A noteworthy point, however, is that even after this win, and when Comizzo was asked about Romario, he had nothing but good things to say about the Brazilian legend. Grace under pressure? Is this a different Comizzo? Perhaps some sympathy for the struggles of his fellow South American manager.

"Romario is a legend. You guys aren't getting any quotes from me this time. I have nothing but respect for him, as a man, as a player and as a coach."

Things got very interesting in the next fixture. The third win of the 3 game winning streak was the one that woke up the media and the Japanese footballing world to Gunma United. A 0-1 win, at Tokyo Stadium, vs League Leaders FC Tokyo and biggest league star Hidetoshi Nakata! Needless to say, this was a HUGE win for Comizzo and his team, as nobody expected this, and Gunma kept climbing up the standings in the league. What had started off as a laughingstock perhaps, the team with the lowest budget in the league, has emerged as a true contender. However, the truly see-saw nature of this season appeared once again after this match, a 0-0 draw gainst Avispa Fukuoka, and a Cup showdown against once again, FC Tokyo! The cup run was not meant to be, however, as FC Tokyo avenged their league loss with a dominating 2-0 performance, eliminating Gunma from the cup. But this did not erase what has perhaps the biggest win of the season for United, which was the away league win.

20210928063847_1.jpg20210929010126_1.jpg

Things would not look any easier after the cup defeat, as Gunma's next two matches would be against title contenders Yokohama FC Marinos, and Urawa Red Diamonds! This would surely be a tough test for the team, testing their mettle and resolve. And even though the first match would prove to be difficult for Gunma as they lost 2-0 in very tough Yokohama stadium, the second match would be the one that would stick in the minds and memories of Gunma United's supporters, a 1-0 win against historic AFC former champions and league contenders Urawa Red Diamonds! This win was quintessential Comizzo, and it showed a lot of heart. The match started off with very tight defenses on both sides, as Urawa started pressing very early and high up, in order to dispossess our boys. But United would not give up, and a beautiful, creative play by Nakamura resulted in a 1-0 goal which United was able to maintain for the rest of the match, with a lot of tenacity. This was a classic Comizzo-ball win, neutralizing the more talented team with tough defense and fiery spirit, moreso than with tactics! Nakamura is really emerging as a one of the stars of the team, but perhaps more importantly, Comizzo's words about defending the home grounds, becoming a fortress, really seemed to ignite the passion of the fans, who filled the stadium with lights, banners, chants, and atmosphere! Even the usually cool-headed Nakamura could be seen celebrating passionately with the crowd! Comizzo's words are having an effect on the team, on and off the pitch!

Don't look now, but with half of the season already played, Gunma United stand one position away from a spot in the AFC Champions League, and only 3 points behind the leaders.

20210929235014_1.jpg

"That's more like it! (opening a beer). That's the fortress mentality we want for our team. I felt like I was back home, beating Boca Juniors at the Monumental."
"I have one thing to say to all the naysayers back home: Los Cagones no Hacen Historia. Look it up."

20210929232942_2.jpg
We are Gunma United.

:RSCARF::TU: Stay tuned to the next edition of Millossobek's Master League Stories. :TU::BSCARF:

Last edited:
We keep moving! :RSCARF:

Los Cagones no Hacen Historia!! .. I looked it up :LOL:
Great to see Nakamura & Hara embrace the pressure, rather than fold from it! Great spirit!

P.S Great to see the class from Comizzo .. ""Romario is a legend. You guys aren't getting any quotes from me this time. I have nothing but respect for him, as a man, as a player and as a coach." :WORSHIP:

Hi bros!
Two quick updates! :TU:

1. Just to let you know! I've been on a PES 2021 hiatus for a while, since I've recenty downloaded PES 2011 and PES 2013 installments (available here in the forum!) and I'm taking my time researching them, finding mods and patches, and pretty much discovering a lot of things about these awesome games! This has definitely taken a lot of my gaming time in the past few days, and I'll keep at it for a while.. These games are awesome as well!

But don't think for a second that I've forgotten about Comizzo and my dear Gunma United! I'm planning on coming back full force to the Fiery Argentine's Japanese footballing adventure. Just give me a week or two to get my toes wet with the two retro installments! :YES:

2. The poll for my next Master League Story closes in 2 days! Even though based on results so far, there's a clear frontrunner, I'll wait until the poll officially closes to get more into the detail of how I'll go about it! Make sure you vote!

A lot of what happens next depends on the result of this vote, as well as how I do in season 2 of Comizzo-ball! (Depending on that, I'll figure out my next move).

One thing is for sure though.. Millossobek's Master League Stories will continue going strong!! Once again, thanks a lot for your support, and comments, feel free to ask any questions or comment on anything! I will be back soon.. :BSCARF:

Comizzo and a few Gunma United players could be seen going to a Siam Shade concert during the J-League midseason break. Some even say Comizzo sported an 80's headband, a leather jacket, and was fist pumping and yelling: Motto... motto... kaze wo kette!!!!!!:LOVE: (minute 1:19). However, these reports could not be confirmed, as the reporter following the team got too drunk at the gig.

Last edited:
Looking forward to whichever story unfolds mate :TU: It is sure to be entertaining!

Let Gunma United enjoy their hard work for a while. :BAND:
P.S That reporter should have known better. It's not so simple to party with footballers, who run for a living & have developed 3 lungs :LOL:

Hi bros! How's it going?

It's been a while since I last posted, I've been playing a lot of PES 2013 lately. :LOL:
A few notes on upcoming points here at Millossobek's ML written stories:

poll.jpg

The poll ended! As you can see, Jay-Jay Okocha's 2006 Bolton Wanderers story won by a wide margin, with almost 50% of the votes! I am still debating whether to start the Master League right after Comizzo's story, or wait until the 2006 patch by @The Moroccan and @galvarinoantinanco is updated to start this ML. I think I will go for the second option. I will wait for the patch to be updated and then will start the Okocha save, for sure. (BTW guys, no rush on the patch, take your time. I'm sure you guys will keep going a wonderful job.) :))

So, given that the most likely path of action is wait for the patch, that actually works out pretty well for me, because I am seriously thinking about posting an in-between ML after Comizzo's Japanese adventure.. which is..

A PES 2013 story, most likely in a second division in South America!!

A lot of it depends on how Gunma United's story unfolds. If I qualify for the AFC Champions league or not!! Already excited for the continuance and conclusion of this story, and the possibilities of a PES 2013 ML!!

:RSCARF: Stay tuned bros.. As always, comments are very welcome. :BSCARF:

Last edited:
SEASON 2: "LOS CAGONES NO HACEN HISTORIA"

1634384683540.png1634384961462.png

IN A THRILLING FINISH, COMIZZO LEADS GUNMA UNITED TO THE AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

38 Matches Played.
18 wins, 10 draws, 10 losses.
3rd in JLeague 1
Qualified to the 2022 AFC Champions League.

In what can only be described as a miracle, Angel Comizzo has completely revitalized not only his career, but has given an entire city hope, and a footballing identity! Only two seasons ago, Comizzo's career was on the ropes. After his failed second stint with Peruvian Universitario de Deportes, the Argentinean was seen as a sort of a pariah in South America. After not being able to land a job in his native Argentina or elsewhere in the continent, Comizzo decided to take a big risk and re-start his career half a world away, managing virtual unknown and recently promoted Gunma United. And now, in only two seasons, Comizzo and a group of previously unknown players, youngsters, and outsiders, did what many people thought was impossible: Take the team near the top of the J-League and qualify for the AFC Champions League!

At the end of our last installment, Gunma United had beaten contenders and perennial international cup participants Urawa Red Diamonds 1-0 at home, in a very Comizzo-like performance, tight, defensive, and based on counterattacks! Unfortunately, this emotional win seemed to take a lot out of the team, as United's lost the next match against Gamba Osaka 1-2, right after the midseason break. The next two matches were pretty uneventful draws, 0-0 vs Kashima Antlers and 1-1 vs Kawasaki Frontale, except for the fact that the 0-0 draw vs Kashima Antlers was significant, because it came against perhaps the most surpirising and strong team in the league. This defeat and two draws were keeping Gunma in the top 8 of the league, and it seemed like the team was going to continue mid-table, having a more than respectable campaign with local aspirations. However, two consecutive wins, a 4-1 drubbing against Sanfrecce Hiroshima, and a 1-0 away win against Cerezo Osaka followed, reiginiting the media and talks of a possible international cup berth! The 4-1 victory was very significant because it featured a hat-trick by Taichi Hara, the backup striker, in an emerging role!

1.jpg2.jpg

The next 6 matches were up and down, a 1-3 defeat against Kashiwa Reysol, a 2-1 victory against Vegalta Sendai, an unfortunate 4-1 defeat against Iniesta's Vissel Kobe, in which the team clearly outplayed. This was followed by a 2-2 result against Sagan Tosu, which was unlucky for Gunma, because, unlike the last match, the result did not reflefct the on pitch domination. However, this was more than made up in the next match, an epic 3-2 come from behind victory against Consadole Sapporo (after being down by 2 goals, this was a major major comeback by Comizzo's fighting team, a match with a lot of spirit). A rather tight and uneventful 0-0 draw against Yokohama FC followed, which was a bit disappointing against one of the bottom teams in the league. Seeing the bigger picture, however, in the first 11 matches after the break Gunma had won 4 matches, drawn 4, and lost 3. 16 points out of a possible 33. A respectable showing for a team. Perhaps not title worthy, but a form which at least kept the team in a good midtable position.

However, what happened next really propelled Gunma United into international cup contention! The first 3 Game Winning Streak of Comizzo's career in Japan followed! A 1-0 victory over Shonan Bellmare, a 2-1 away result against Tokushima Vortis, and a 2-0 result against Nagoya Grampus was just what the team needed! This trio of victories really made the media notice, and turned more than a few heads. Saulo Mineiro and Kaito Nakamura were emerging as a lethal Center Forward-Supporting Striker combination, as Mineiro was amassing goals and fighting for the J-League scoring title, and Nakamura emerged as perhaps the best player on the team, combining lethal passing with striking and ball handling, a TRUE mix creative attacker/striker! Newly acquired Shigeta and Someya were also emerging as incisive options on the wing, with Morita anchoring the middle, Honda captaining the back line, and Caique and Aguilar as dynamic Side Backs! The team was really coming together now, and they looked confident in Comizzo's 4-4-2 counterattacking formation!

More importantly, even though the possibilities of a title were quite slim (Kashima Antlers' surprising and dominating performance were propelling them to the top of the table, and enlarging their advantage with every match played), this 3-game winning streak firmly positioned Gunma United into AFC Champions League talks! (Where the top 4 qualify). With seven matches to go, Gunma United was in 4th place in the J-League!

1634428413996.png1634428444316.png

Of course, nothing has ever come easy for Angel Comizzo and Gunma United, so after the 3 game winning streak, Gunma United unfortunately went on an unexpected slide, with only 4 points in their next 5 games! a 1-3 loss against Shimizu S-Pulse, 0-2 vs J League Star Hidetoshi Nakata's Tokyo FC (who scored a beautiful free kick), a sole 1-0 away wins against Avispa Fukuoka, another 0-0 draw against Yokohama F-Marinos, and a very disappointing 4-0 drubbing against a furious Urawa Red Diamonds looking for redemption, put the team in a precarious position to qualify for the Champions League. With two games to go in the season, and with the title completely wrapped up by Kashima Antlers, the fight was for the 4th place, and Comizzo knew it. The pressure was on. Even though Gunma United's second season, no matter what happened from here on out, exceeded everyone's expectations, Comizzo was putting all his cards into this one deck, qualifying for the AFC Champions League!

The next 5 matches were up and down, a 1-3 defeat against Kashiwa Reysol, a 2-1 victory against Vegalta Sendai, an unfortunate 4-1 defeat against Iniesta's Vissel Kobe, a 2-2 exciting draw against Sagan Tosu, a 3-2 victory against Sapporo (after being down by 2 goals, this was a major major comeback by Comizzo's fighting team), and a 0-0 draw against Yokohama FC. In the first 11 matches after the break, Gunma had won 4 matches, drawn 4, and lost 3. 16 points out of a possible 33. Even though it wasn't briliant, it was a respectable showing. Yet the dream of the Champions League was still alive. With 2 games to go, Gunma United was in 6th, but only 4 points separated the 3rd position from the 6th. Tensions were riding extremely high everywhere in the red-hot and contested J-League. Despite the team's streaky recent form, in which consecutive wins would be folllowed by irregular performances, one could still say that.. Anything was possible.

20211016030659_1.jpg20211016045434_1.jpg

The next match was against Gamba Osaka, and it was a masterful performance by Saulo Mineiro! Facing a strong Gamba Osaka team who had beaten Gunma before, the Brazilian came out completely inspired, with a beautiful goal with the left foot, changing positions in the box and eluding the defenders, definitely one of the most beautiful goals of the year, (showing magic!) and with another very nice counterattack orchestrated by the nimble skills of Nakamura, scoring a clutch performance brace! 2-0 was the away result, in Osaka, and this set the team up for qualification for their last match! With one match to go, as you can see in the table above, EVERYTHING was up for grabs, with only 4 points separating the third and 6th teams. This is how the table looked with one, fateful match to go! Not only was Gunma United in the thick of it, but only a win in their last match would GUARANTEE qualification for the Champions League, because our boys could not count on a significant goal difference!

1. Kashima - 72 points, + 34 Goal Difference
2. Tokyo - 66 Points, +11 Goal Difference
3. Yokohama - 63 Points, + 19 Goal Difference
4. Gunma United - 61 Points, + 7 Goal Difference
5. Kashiwa Reysol - 59 Points, + 20 Goal Difference
6. Avispa Fukuoka - 59 Points, + 14 Goal Difference.

The match was against none other than already crowned champions Kashima Antlers! The media speculated whether Kashima would rest their best players, but the team came out with mostly their best team to close out the season in force. Comizzo KNEW that this match was absolutely crucial, and that only a victory would ensure qualification. In a VERY cagey affair, Kashima chose to play defensively, perhaps in a stroke of luck for Gunma United. Maybe not wanting to risk major injury, Kashima seemed content with a clean sheet, but it was time for Gunma United to score. We were in front of our fans, in a packed stadium, in what is undoubteldy the most important match in the small city's sporting history! Our qualification for international cup was on the line! And so it happened! A beautiful through ball by Nakamura ended up at Saulo Mineiro's feet and the Brazilian goalscorer finished, clinically and calmly in the bottom right corner!! Brazilian Magic!! Argentinean Passion!! Japanese Discipline!! Our team had scored in the second half, and set themselves up defensively well for the rest of the match to win their last match, 1-0!!!!! The final whistle blows, the score is 1-0 and.. GUNMA UNITED QUALIFIES FOR THE 2022 AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!

20211016051218_1.jpg 20211016051938_1.jpg

Comizzo: "Today, we open 5 bottles of champagne. Even though we did not win the league, I consider this to be OUR Championship! Tell me, was there one of you who thought we would make it to the Champions League? Nobody believed in us. But we believed in ourselves. And let me tell you guys something.. It was this desire that pushed us forward. More heart than mind. In the end, football is football, and no matter if you have Ronaldo or Messi in your team, if you don't have heart, you´re not going to write history!"

Saulo Mineiro: "This is the happiest day of my professional life. I don't even care that I'm top scorer of the league. Coach Comizzo told me not to worry about that. I am happy I gave this city a joy by qualifying to the international cup. Not even in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would fulfill my footballing dreams half a world away. I will always be a Brazilian. But now I am also from Gunma. This has become my city and you guys are in my hearts.. Muito Obrigado.. Arigato.. Thank You.. Thank You!!"

Team Captain Piston Honda: "I think it is so impressive what Coach Comizzo has done. Coming from a completely different culture, with the language barrier, and from a completely different style of football, he triumphed, he made US triumph as a team. He showed us that even though thinking of the team first is foremost, we also must be proud of ourselves, be individuals, let our passion and feelings flow and express ourselves as players. The South American expressive style, combined with our Japanese determination, we are going to be tough and a worthy team in the AFC Champions League."

Comizzo: "You can't live scared in life. Two seasons ago, I was practically banished from South America. People said I was finished, not even the second division of Argentina would call me. Journalists from my country said I was done. When I came to Japan, a lot of you doubted me, doubted that with my personality I would be able to adapt to Japan. But I wasn't intimidated. And now, we have given the people of Gunma their biggest sporting joy. This is the biggest achievement of my coaching career, even more than winning the title with Universitario in 2013. I am so grateful to Japan and the city of Gunma for giving me a second chance in my career, a second chance in my life. This is my home now. And to repay the faith of the fans and the city, let me tell you guys one thing: We are going for the Champions League. Los Cagones No Hacen Historia!!"

Shitters Don't Make History!!

After the match, it was no longer a rumor. Comizzo, Someya, Honda, and Nakamura could be seen singing Siam Shade's "DREAMS" at the top of their lungs as they celebrated, Karaoke style! I guess DREAMS do come TRUE! Motto.. Motto.. Kaze wo kette!!!!!! :LOVE:

Saulo Mineiro: You guys are crazy, I will stick to my Samba. :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:
:RSCARF: Gunma flying like the wind! Congratulations to Comizzo & his players!
What a crazy league though! I was gonna say how close the top 6 are in points, but even the relegation battle was fierce!

No doubt there will have to be 2 celebrations for this one, the fabled kareoke bar & then a party bus afterparty (fan tailgate welcome)! First stop is to Barbacoa Churrascaria Aoyama, the finest BBQ & Samba music in Japan, being the reward for Mineiro :LOL:

P.S I don't know what stadium that is, but I like it! Looks like it would be cozy for home fans & claustraphobic for away lol. You given it a name yet ?

Força Gunma!​

Congratulations! Let's hope for a good draw in the AFC Champions League. Do you qualify straight to a group stage or do you have to go through a qualifying round or two first?

It was said that even after being showered with Champagne on the pitch after the final game that Comizzo's hair was still untroubled. There are rumours of Japan's largest Shampoo brand sponsoring Gunma for next season as a result of his hair's performance this season.

Yeeeeeah!!! Very well done pal.

Let's see your Champions League run now, I have a feeling that Gunma United are ready to stun Asia, after stunning Japan.

There are rumours of Japan's largest Shampoo brand sponsoring Gunma for next season as a result of his hair's performance this season.
"Head & Shoulders" or bust.

Jokes apart, it's the one I've been using since forever and it's great.

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with P&G (the company producing and selling H&S products) or any of its subsidiaries.
Maybe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom