Newcastle United Thread

lucky in the end there Supersonic!! Had to hold on!

Sissoko will be such an important player. He could have easily gone to Man Utd or someone of that calibre

Sissoko is amazing. I already knew he was good but today's performance shows how important this guy will be for the Magpies.

Time will tell, Ba got injured and it could of been a different game no? Also, I thought Cisse was the beginning of something special last January too, no?

A big reason for cisse's drop in form was the constant moaning from demba that he wasn't being played where he wanted and he didn't like that cisse was being pushed forwards in the middle and demba was ending up being pushed to the sides. So cisse ended up out on the sides and demba back in the middle.... But then just before the september window shut h made it clear he wanted to leave by refusing to sign a new contract without the buy out clause and it dragged the morale down. Its been obvious all season that things weren't quite right and demba critisizing the tactics left and right. I imagine cisse will recapture his form now he has more options behind him and players like cabaye and Ben arfa coming back.

What is happening? it was looking better after Jan with your new signings and now....?

They need to buck up their ideas very quickly.

I think the players have stopped believing in the manager. You could clearly see pardew barking orders only for the player to argue back and then pards would flap his arms in a 'fucks sake' kind of way

It also doesn't help playing 451, having cabaye in a DMF position and throwing too many new signing in together with nothing to gel them. Gouffran should be up front more and it should be 442 but he keeps putting him on the left wing.

Sissoko keeps charging forward with his head down, cabaye is seemingly still suffering from his depression, his game has been well below par most of the year. Tiote is a hot head and everyone knows how to get round him (you draw him out and then just 1 2 it past him, he falls for it 100% of the time.
Plus we are pathetic on corners.

Not to mention a season of 70+ injuries throughout the team. There's not been a chance for consistency

So erm... Pretty much everything is wrong lol

It's sad especially after last season when everything looked so promising. Hopefully they can do enough to stay out of the relegation zone.

That was shocking yesterday, it looked like the players couldn't be bothered at some point? The defence shape was all over the place and that right back Debuchy had a nightmare

They had a brief moment in the second half where they could have scored and maybe at least gone on to draw. But a few minutes after Perch missed his header they came down the middle... Lost the ball and most of them just didn't even care enough to sprint back. They left the 2 at the back which Liverpool split with a pass and it was 3-0.
After that it seemed every attack Liverpool had, they just could not be arsed running back.

It's almost as if they're thinking "were going to lose against Liverpool and arsenal, so why bother, just concentrate on west ham and qpr'.

But I honestly can't see them even getting a point in the remaining games.

West ham will be well up for the game with Big Sam and Nolon out to prove a point. Not sure about Carroll.... He doesn't seem to hold a grudge against Newcastle and there's hints he'd be open to rejoining.

QPR could be relegated by their game. If they're going to get any points this is their best chance... But they're faster, more creative, have more attacking options and at home.

Arsenal.... It was like a flashback watching Liverpool, to the demolishing arsenal handed us at their ground. I expect the same stupid tactics will be used as was yesterday.

451 with cisse alone, despite not being good on his own.
Defend for 70mins and hope to nick something at the end.

It's been pardew's tactics for most of the season, especially in Europe.

Rafa Benítez was appointed Newcastle manager...

hope they will stay up now.. he has good players who should be able to fight..

Shelvey must be happy..

also next season of PL has maybe the best group of managers ever?

finally some light at the end of the tunnel due to the recent news. Hoping for a decent january transfer window with the sheikh money :KING::BSCARF:

Newcastle is Everton i thought gonna be, spent ton of millions and getting a result. Glad to see the club perform really good after getting tortured by previous owner. I'm ready for another City 2.0 :APPLAUD: It makes EPL more and more competitive

Back
Top Bottom