Project Gotham 3 - Official Thread

How many tracks are in Single Player Career? I have caned MANY tracks but still looks like I have a few to go!?

I was playing PGR3 on LIVE yesterday and the race started as normal - I raced one lap, not doing too well and all of a sudden EVERY OTHER PLAYER dissapeared! I was free to race the course on my own and obviously I came first! :lol:

This happen to anyone else?

Am I the only one who finds it, for no apparent reason, absolutely HILARIOUS to play PGR3 with the classical music soundtrack? I even downloaded the Lone Ranger theme to race with that on the background. Can't stop laughing as I'm driving around with that on.

Maybe I played GTA3 with Double Cleff FM on too much and it's done something to my brain. :|

Anyway, as good as the game is, think it's going to get swapped for Burnout Revenge shortly. Then Call of Duty 2 for Far Cry. Good as PGR was, I still prefer Forza (being a simu-gamer), and Burnout Revenge is absolutely gorgeous (and fantastic on Live I'd bet).

Booooo JB, as Yoda said " Underestimate the power of the PGR do you "

Jack Bauer said:
(being a simu-gamer)

And your swapping if for Burnout? ;) Making little sense my young friend. Only joking mate.

Just remember new cars and achievements meant to be on the way for PGR3, which will be sweet.

:) cant wait for the new download content and achievments should be great :)

DJ

I realise being a simu-gamer I shouldn't really be going for Burnout, but... Forza = Sim. PGR3 = Middle of the road. Burnout = Out and out arcade, and it's just... Fun. I'm not really into PGR at the moment, I finished single player a while ago, the online mode is full of crash-and-bashers, and it just ruins it for me. If it was MEANT to be played like that though, like Burnout, it would be tremendous fun.

I may sell something un-XBOX related and get it seperately though, cos I would like to keep it. Nearly finished CoD2 (at least I hope so!) - once that's done I could swap that, actually.

Jack Bauer said:
I realise being a simu-gamer I shouldn't really be going for Burnout, but... Forza = Sim. PGR3 = Middle of the road. Burnout = Out and out arcade, and it's just... Fun. I'm not really into PGR at the moment, I finished single player a while ago, the online mode is full of crash-and-bashers, and it just ruins it for me. If it was MEANT to be played like that though, like Burnout, it would be tremendous fun.

I may sell something un-XBOX related and get it seperately though, cos I would like to keep it. Nearly finished CoD2 (at least I hope so!) - once that's done I could swap that, actually.

Platinum on everything? ;)

FORZA WAS, AND STILL IS, ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!

Sorry...

Yeah I agree with Jack on PGR3, I finished the single-player a while back and really don't go online with it unless we're doing an Evo-Web night. Couldn't part with it though, it's the only game on 360 I thought worth buying.

Forza was an excellent game! The only problem I had was the framerate, it postively heaved, such a sluggish game. Other than that, it rocked!

Burnout 3 = pure, unfiltered fun. First game I played on Live and still one of the best!

Forza I thought was ace :) better than Gran Turismo because you could buy cars, do them up in your OWN way including paint work and sticker kits and you actually in a way had to pay for your own damage! the game for me had more depth and was more interesting than Gran Turismo 4 which bored me after about 3 weeks of playing it. As everyone has said shame about the frame rate but it is shocking on emulation on the 360.

DJ

That's it with PGR, no more. Just went on there today and played ten online races, EVERY SINGLE ONE they were just bashing you all over the place. In the last three races there was one guy in particular ("Demon Si") who got spinned and started threatening people, "you fucking prick in the yellow Ferrari", and then spinning every other fucking car in the race!! "I'm coming for you now pal, you're dead"... Sorry but games are supposed to be fun. Everyone with a 360 seems to be a complete wanker.

Swapping it for Burnout on Monday.

uh Jack Bauer in the last 3 races ive been in they have been very pleasent actually. and yes I mean it. If someone hits me I get a "Sorry about that man" and I know they mean it and usually they let me back past them again. As of late my Faith in Xbox Live has been restored.

DJ

Just host a room JB and turn collisions off, tis all very simple really.

SPEED PACK

Cars
1) Aston Martin AMV8 Vantage (2006)
2) Audi RS 4 (2006)
3) Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (2006)
4) Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe (2006)
5) Ferrari 612 (2006)
6) Lanborghini Gallardo SE (2005)
7) Mitsubishi FQ 400 (2006)
8.) Nissan Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-Tune (2005)
9) Pontiac GTO (2006)
10) Radical SR8 (2006)
11) Ruf RT12 (2006)
12) Saleen S7 Twin Turbo (2006)

Mode
Online Tournament mode : Microsoft & Bizarre will hold regular tournaments to find the best in the world, they work in two stages:

Stage 1 a challenge will be issued to anyone with gold membership e.g. set fastest lap time in a Tvr Sagaris on Nurburgring F1 circuit , you will be able to try as many times as you want until cut-off date.

Stage 2 the top 64 lap times will be entered in to an knockout tournament.

Features/Fixes
1) Quit to lobby functionality for host (in playtime)
2) Lock to host car in playtime lobby
3) Lock to host car class in playtime lobby
4) Previously played routes list with save functionality for custom routes over live
5) Show position of players option
6) Hide Hud Option
7) Manual gears in race against the clock
8.) Show whos speaking in online races
9) Steering wheel support

Revealed in an interview with Bizarre in a magazine apparently, and they themselves have confirmed some of the features here so it sounds pretty reliable.

The fixes/features will be free as will the new tourney mode and supposedly one car. The rest of the cars will cost 400 points, and I have no idea how much that is. Monday April 17th is the date this will be available.

The fixes are welcome, especially locking to car classes and showing the name of the speakers on Live. I'll be overjoyed if 'Steering Wheel support' will let me use my Logitech Driving Force, but I'm not that hopeful.

400 points = about £3.33.

Just gutted there is no new tracks or cities there though, maybe it's coming in the Cadiallac Pack, but still, is it worht it to buy the new cars? I mean there is a Radical in the game, is the 2006 one that different? At least half those cars have a very similar car in the game.

Holio said:
400 points = about £3.33.

Just gutted there is no new tracks or cities there though, maybe it's coming in the Cadiallac Pack, but still, is it worht it to buy the new cars? I mean there is a Radical in the game, is the 2006 one that different? At least half those cars have a very similar car in the game.
Yeah I agree on the cars, poor selection and now with the limiting filters in Live play it doesn't even matter if those cars are any faster than the default ones.

I think the filters that were omitted from the retail will give the game a bit of life again, be nice to play some games that don't include the top car every time. They should have fixed online Kudos tho, why is it even there?

I'll DL the update, as to the speed pack, I aint sure. At least in PGR2 when you paid for the DL you got two new sets of tracks to race the new effin cars round!!! Come on MS / BC, pull your great big thumb out of your arse and give us KGB Corner, St Basils and a couple of the Parisan tracks ya tight wads.

When you download the Vantage you actually get the whole pack, just you can't use the cars you haven't paid for. I went to use the Vantage tonight in career mode, but I can't afford it because of the sodding bug that makes you have minus cash, something like -1,-32,567 I have at the moment. They might have fixed that as well!

It's nice being able to see who's talking, but I don't like how if you turn off the HUD it's the whole thing that has to go. I'd like the map and who's chatting left up but it's all or nothing.

ClassicD said:
SPEED PACK

Cars
1) Aston Martin AMV8 Vantage (2006) Class C?
2) Audi RS 4 (2006) Class E?
3) Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (2006) Class C?
4) Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe (2006) Class B?
5) Ferrari 612 (2006) Class B?
6) Lanborghini Gallardo SE (2005) Class C?
7) Mitsubishi FQ 400 (2006) Class E?
8.) Nissan Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-Tune (2005) Class D?
9) Pontiac GTO (2006) Class D?
10) Radical SR8 (2006) Class A?
11) Ruf RT12 (2006) Class B?
12) Saleen S7 Twin Turbo (2006) Class A?

I havent DL the pack yet, been busy with TopSpin! Are those roughly the car classes I have put in BOLD up above? Cheers

Last edited:
we got one of our friends to download and pay for the pack.

he hosts now and we can use all the cars he bought for free :D

Anyone had a go at the tourney yet? It's the Gallardo round Nishiguchi Short (Tokyo). When I first tried the qualification bar was 00:54:00 and the best I could muster was something like 00:55:65. After an evening playing the online career for a while I checked again before I turned it off and it was down to 00:53-something. I know my lap isn't perfect but I cannot see where I can gain almost two seconds, there goes my dream of a Lambo skip-cap! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, since the update online career is much better in terms of who you race against, it's usually always folk from the same TrueSkill rank as yourself. While playing last night there was very little nudging and spinning and when there was, there was always an apology and one guy even slowed down and asked me to pass him because he knew he'd done me unfairly (last corner on the ring), what a gent!

Online career is much better than Playtime for clean and competitive racing, still can't nail a win on the Ring tho. :lol:

3 new Cadillac cars to download for FREE. In addition to the new rides, the download lets players race in the Cadillac Challenge for Cadillac Elite gamer picture award -- offered to those who place in the Xbox Live Top 100 on the Nurburging F1 track in any of the three new cars

Another new pack available, called the Style Pack, and Wrighty's fav, the Mini is back!!!

MINI!!!

*Boots up PGR and buys pack*

Back
Top Bottom