Red Dead Redemption 2

If some of you never tried to have a playthrough with no HUD and First Person Perspective - I highly recommend you to try it. It adds so much and creates whole new experience.

And most important - there is a lot of options to make it really pleasant and avoid any frustration whatsoever.

I had my fears how it will play, but here are some settings that took away all the pain:

- you can turn FPP horse riding OFF. The minute you mount your horse - it switches automatically to TPP. FPP riding is clunky, hard to control and very difficult to see enemies. One you get off the horse - it switches back to FPP. Great mechanics as you never have to switch.
- free aim adds a whole new level to the game and the fact that hiding behing the cover still works great in FPP - gun fights are tactical and immersive. You can also switch to ADS (Aiming Down Sight) in First Person, which is absolutely fantastic and feels very natural. Manual reload adds another layer of fun.
- some people were saying that playing without any HUD on is a pain in the bollox, coz you dont have a minimap and sometimes you have to walk to a specific point to trigger the cutscene/mission.
But there is an option to flick the minimap on for a second (directional button down). Very useful and takes away all the pain when it comes to triggering missions, or having a quick look which way to go to your tracked location.

When they were implementing FPP in this game they must have had some good people who could predict all the problems and implement solutions.

And like I said - it changes the game completely. Sometimes Arthur trips, or falls, or slides down the hill. Experiencing it in First Person is absolutely hilarious.
I also had a situation where I was minding my own business and some asshole fired nearby. My horse threw me off and it instantly went into First Person Perspective of me hitting the mud. I got up, chased him, shot him and called my horse, coz I thought horse got scared.
Horse never came so I walked back to where it all started and found my horse shot dead. He didnt scare my horse, he killed her. The sheer terror when I found out could only have been experienced in First Person, coz in Third Id have know straight away that he killed her.
There are many things like this that can only be experienced in FPP.

TL;DR:
Try playing in First Person God damn it! :LOL:

Off topic again..
But Yellowstone started again last night - Although I personally won't watch it until the whole season has finished.

I am trying to find Easter Eggs in the game now and have looked at some of the ones online, and have completed quite a few of them now myself.

As will start the game from the 2nd chapter again, once I have finalised with mods I will be using.

The one thing, I can't do at all is the Ghost Train - I have been to the location in Lemoyne which it apparently spawns at 3AM, but have never managed to see the damn thing.
Has anyone here ever seen it?
I am trying to do all the ghost scenes at the moment, but the train keeps evading me.

I am trying to find Easter Eggs in the game now and have looked at some of the ones online, and have completed quite a few of them now myself.

As will start the game from the 2nd chapter again, once I have finalised with mods I will be using.

The one thing, I can't do at all is the Ghost Train - I have been to the location in Lemoyne which it apparently spawns at 3AM, but have never managed to see the damn thing.
Has anyone here ever seen it?
I am trying to do all the ghost scenes at the moment, but the train keeps evading me.
Yes, I believe I had seen that ghost train once.

@Placebo

Installed the Ray Tracing re-shade.
TBH, found it really difficult to notice any real difference.
Causes a few extra FPS stutters than without shader, but isn't a massive upgrade like the GTA 5 reshades.

@Placebo

Installed the Ray Tracing re-shade.
TBH, found it really difficult to notice any real difference.
Causes a few extra FPS stutters than without shader, but isn't a massive upgrade like the GTA 5 reshades.

Funnily enough I was thinking about you last night (ooh errr missus!) and planned to check in to see how you were getting on with the reshades! I guess because it was already a graphical tour de force the impact would be less significant compared to GTA. Maybe the extra vegetation everywhere is what's causing the stutter?

I think that is probably the case.
RDR2 still looks incredible today when completely maxed out and now I can play the game on settings which bought my previous cards to a stand means the reshade probably doesn't do too much.

As for mods, I have now found a few which I like and have a list of mods which I will now use going forward and will probably start again shortly from the beginning and actually do more of the missions rather than messing around.

In other games will try a few more of his reshades and maybe they will make more of a difference.

Installed the RTGI mod and didn’t seem to make that much difference really.
Reshades don’t seem to make that much difference.

I think that is probably the case.
RDR2 still looks incredible today when completely maxed out and now I can play the game on settings which bought my previous cards to a stand means the reshade probably doesn't do too much.

As for mods, I have now found a few which I like and have a list of mods which I will now use going forward and will probably start again shortly from the beginning and actually do more of the missions rather than messing around.

In other games will try a few more of his reshades and maybe they will make more of a difference.

Could you share a list of mods that you recommend please?

The ones I use are:-

Project Austin 1907 - Adds a few buildings to the Austin area.
Ambient Gang - Adds random gang encounters to the game (this is in the game kind of already, but this makes them a lot more frequent.)
Crime & Law Rebalance - Allows you to commit crimes in the Wilderness and minor crimes in public, without being wanted if no one around.
Bank Robbery - Can rob any bank in the game
Buyable Properties - Can purchase houses and safe houses on the map
Cut Dialogue - Just re-adds some pointless dialogue which was cut from the final game
Real Life Weapons - Just changes the names of the weapons to real names
Stagecoaches - Allows you to do missions where you can rob stagecoaches
PED Damage Overhaul- Changes the damage for yourself and the enemy, but not a massive fan of this one.
All Items - Allows you to buy everything in game, rather than having to wait till it is unlocked in the story

The ones I use are:-

Project Austin 1907 - Adds a few buildings to the Austin area.
Ambient Gang - Adds random gang encounters to the game (this is in the game kind of already, but this makes them a lot more frequent.)
Crime & Law Rebalance - Allows you to commit crimes in the Wilderness and minor crimes in public, without being wanted if no one around.
Bank Robbery - Can rob any bank in the game
Buyable Properties - Can purchase houses and safe houses on the map
Cut Dialogue - Just re-adds some pointless dialogue which was cut from the final game
Real Life Weapons - Just changes the names of the weapons to real names
Stagecoaches - Allows you to do missions where you can rob stagecoaches
PED Damage Overhaul- Changes the damage for yourself and the enemy, but not a massive fan of this one.
All Items - Allows you to buy everything in game, rather than having to wait till it is unlocked in the story

Thank you!

Did you try this other law rebalance mod?
https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1546

I find it more realistic than crime and law rebalance without any glaring issue.

I just had my scariest moment with the game:

I had this thing running at me while I was riding my horse at night somewhere in the north west of st. Denis. It almost killed me. I had goose bumps all along the fight with this thing. It was considered by the game as a human, as people witnessed me and reported a crime. Also I could not bring it back to the camp, because dead are not allowed.
Crossing forest at night in the game won't ever be the same.

I had this thing running at me while I was riding my horse at night somewhere in the north west of st. Denis. It almost killed me. I had goose bumps all along the fight with this thing. It was considered by the game as a human, as people witnessed me and reported a crime. Also I could not bring it back to the camp, because dead are not allowed.
Yea the region around st. denis is very scarry for me too. To many snakes and crocs... 😧😖:D

It was roaming around?!?! I remember coming across the mutant tied up in the mansion due west of the Van Horn Trading Post and was pretty freaked out then. I don't want to spoil it for y'all, so if you want to learn more about this creature, find the mansion and search through all the rooms. You'll learn the origin story and learn about some of the other experiments that took place in the house.

I ve been experiencing rockstar launcher connection problems lately. What fixed it for me was to unplug and replug my internet rooter.
Just in case anyone face the same inconvenience.

Love this picture from game:

rdr2-fishing-style.jpg

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/kzAyPisUO510MQ

Riding on horse in the rain
With soul fullfilled with pain
With gun in arm be quick or will be dead
And you can miss the opportunity to
1) be a gang lead
2) getting old in own bed

P.S. It was inspired by a this moment during game ...

Last edited:
First "modern" triple A game I've picked up in a looong while. Been slowly playing it since a week.

Man, I'll probably discover hot water, but that's incredible. Graphics, settings, atmosphere, and of course gameplay.. truly all fantastic beyond words. Never played the first one, so I'm obviously losing something story wise (I'll probably catch up with videos or wikis when I'll feel like it), but damn it's capturing me all the same.. it feels exactly how I've always dreamed for open worlds to be. Just finished the first chapter and can't wait to see where it all goes, will try to sip it for as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom