Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2010/11 Season

I see it that Diamanti was a signing made by Gianluca Nani and Zola and now both of them are gone he's not a part of Avram Grant's plans and could even have been unhappy being at the club now the Italian influence had gone? Good signing for Brescia anyway.

Yep, apparently shirts are already on sale and about 50,000 will be at San Siro tonight! (mainly for the game, but also for Ibra).

Hi guys, just back from a fantastic holiday in Midi Pyrenées, i read something in the transfer rumours thread.
AC Milan would be interested in Racing Genk's Kevin De Bruyne. Is this only a wild rumour or could it be true?
If so, Milan are desperate.
De Bruyne is sensational in the Jupiler League, but it will be only his first full season. He broke through last season and is one of the hotest prospectsin the Jupiler League...but that is "only" the Jupiler League. He's too young and inexperienced to play in Serie A IMO...a transfer would be bas for both player and clubs...

Loads of clubs are after him Gerd. Surely he'd be backup anyway and wouldn't get much game time?

Or they could loan him out for another club to get some experience like Adiyiah for example. I heard the Milan rumours but he has been linked to every big club. I just found out Milan were after Ibrahimovic since 2001vso the chances of him moving are slim.

I don't think he is too young to move. Lukaku is too young to move and I am gald he decided not to. De Bruyne is 19 so it's up to him to choose but you probably know him much more than I do. It seems he already played for the NT also.

Yep, apparently shirts are already on sale and about 50,000 will be at San Siro tonight! (mainly for the game, but also for Ibra).

I still need his shirt number. :D

Last edited:

A lot of Milan fans think that number is cursed. Borriello didn't succeed until he changed it and our management is really into that superstitious stuff. :D

Massimo Donati is playing like Steven Gerrard! Juve look confused like last year!
it's still waay too early to expect something different from juve... too many new players and a new coach.... they'll need some time, but i believe they'll grow as the season unfolds. the team is far from being perfect, but it's definitely better than last season.

besides it's bari we're talking about. no top team is gonna win easily in bari. theese kids know how to play football. some very nice quick passing combinations, always trying to build football "ball on the ground". facing bari in bari is everything but a "soft start".

btw huge congrats to all the milanisti in here for ibra.... 24 million euros...WOW! that's a bargain!!!

palermo-cagliari to begin in a few minutes... i'm kinda worried as we're gonna miss liverani, but then again, cagliari will miss their regista aswell (conti).
jumbo said:
I see it that Diamanti was a signing made by Gianluca Nani and Zola and now both of them are gone he's not a part of Avram Grant's plans and could even have been unhappy being at the club now the Italian influence had gone? Good signing for Brescia anyway.
i see. i didn't know nani was gone aswell..... did he go back to brescia too?

Lecce playing 4-4-1-1 not very SerieAish is it? I can`t wait to see Ronnie playing in the Middle...oooo!

it's still waay too early to expect something different from juve... too many new players and a new coach.... they'll need some time, but i believe they'll grow as the season unfolds. the team is far from being perfect, but it's definitely better than last season.

besides it's bari we're talking about. no top team is gonna win easily in bari. theese kids know how to play football. some very nice quick passing combinations, always trying to build football "ball on the ground". facing bari in bari is everything but a "soft start".

btw huge congrats to all the milanisti in here for ibra.... 24 million euros...WOW! that's a bargain!!!

palermo-cagliari to begin in a few minutes... i'm kinda worried as we're gonna miss liverani, but then again, cagliari will miss their regista aswell (conti).

i see. i didn't know nani was gone aswell..... did he go back to brescia too?

Not sure mate, he left or was sacked in February though so has been gone a while.

i see mate. :))

Giovinco :SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:
thanks God he's back on the pitch. i almost forgot what that little genius is capable of :))

anyone knows who was the ex-player commentator at Milan? He is such a joy listening to him speak I picture him sipping champagne smoking a cigar wear all white w/ 2 gorgeous women on each side. Milan was superb , non stop action pack footy Ronnie n Pirlo were battling each other who can assist the most w/ jaw dropping passing. Ibra-ca-dabra is going to have a splendid season.

I watched first half of Roma vs. Cesena.

Impressed by AC Cesena overall. Good team they've got it seems. They'll still be flirting with relegation probably but from what I saw, I wouldn't bet against them managing to stay up. Of course one half is hardly enough to judge but I liked the way they were set up and they've got a lot of hardworking players and a couple decent Internationals which I don't exactly know how they attracted.

Some good hardworking Italian players like Ceccarelli and Schelotto, some real Serie A experience in form of veterans like Antonioli in goal and Appiah and Colluci in middle of park and then some good foreign players like Japan's starting Left-back Nagatomo who I think impressed many with his debut yesterday. You'd think he can do better than Cesena anyway so it's a real coup for them how they got him!) and Steve von Bergen the Swiss CB.

Bogdani was the weak link yesterday. Was never a great player even in his prime and now he's past it. Super slow. Bad touch/technique. Messed up a lot of plays for them. He's an aerial threat as always but that's about it....

I expect them to fight for relegation overall and they look short of talent in the strikers position and so may struggle to put away their chances and get goals but I think they may surprise some people and manage to stay up. Doesn't seem like an easy team to play.

That Giaccherini guy (lil guy) looked quite useful! first time I see him. Looked a decent player and pretty young too I think....

there was some nice skill in the run up to Pippo's goal...
a rainbow heel-flick, then a sombrero from...
Gattuso!? :SHOCK: :P

When I first saw it I thought that he was Ronaldinho. :LOL: Lecce were a mess last night. They just gave Ronaldinho a lot of space and that killed them.

About Juventus, they really needed Amauri yesterday. A big guy who can handle the crosses. Borriello seems on the way.

Also Cavani scored. Napoli seem to expecting a lot from him. What that really a goal?

Last edited:

I watched some pre-game interviews of fans at San Siro and most of them bought the "tessera del tifoso" - the 'fans card'. It seems most of San Siro are favouring this card, and I would too. It also makes it quite easy and it looks nice, I see no reason why people shouldn't use it.

I then watched interviews around Olimpico and Roma fans were protesting and were getting angry at the reporter for asking! Some people were saying crap like "The stadium is meant to be a place for fun, I dont want to be registered"... I bet he's one of the dumbasses that's up for a fight.

I watched first half of Roma vs. Cesena.

Impressed by AC Cesena overall. Good team they've got it seems. They'll still be flirting with relegation probably but from what I saw, I wouldn't bet against them managing to stay up. Of course one half is hardly enough to judge but I liked the way they were set up and they've got a lot of hardworking players and a couple decent Internationals which I don't exactly know how they attracted.

I expect them to fight for relegation overall and they look short of talent in the strikers position and so may struggle to put away their chances and get goals but I think they may surprise some people and manage to stay up. Doesn't seem like an easy team to play.
that's interesting. i thought cesena, along with bologna and lecce, were the main contenders for the relegation battle, but then again, that's just a mere assumption based on the roster, as i haven't seen them playing yet.
how did roma look? i heard they had many fitness issues (totti, de rossi), but still, u would expect something more from roma in their first home fixture of the season.
--------------------------------------------------------------
congrats to the milanisti in here for the big win..... although lecce isn't exactly a real test. still that's a great way to start the season.
--------------------------------------------------------------
palermo played really good yesterday... pretty much like last season.... we played 2 touches football for 20 consecutive minutes.... and by saying that i mean that no player hold the ball for more than 2 touches for 20 minutes!!! can u believe that?!! it was really a joy to watch. and we were even playing without liverani and miccoli!!! nocerino, balzaretti and cassani were outstanding as usual, hernandez was simply unmarkable (i can't wait for miccoli to get back from the injury and play along with abel), and that munoz kid really impressed me.... although that's still just the first time i see him playing, so i'm not buying yet the "wonderkid" label everyone seem to give him.
anyway despite our "barcelona-esque" football we weren't able to create many scoring chances... but i can't blame the players for that... they came back to palermo (from the europa league fixture in maribor) only friday, so they were clearely still a bit tired.

as for cagliari, allegri might be gone, but the team looks as good as last season!
and that astori kid is a little monster!!!! that's the 5th time i watch him, and he's always been awesome.... very very impressive. i'm starting to understand why almost everyone in italy rates this kid on par with bocchetti.
starting the season with a draw at home isn't exactly what i was hoping, but still the match was really enjoyable.
the highlights doesn't really do any justice to the match, as the most enjoyable part of the match weren't the (few) scoring chances, but the way both teams played all along the 90 minutes... but still here u are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2krYyMXOEM

milanista said:
I watched some pre-game interviews of fans at San Siro and most of them bought the "tessera del tifoso" - the 'fans card'. It seems most of San Siro are favouring this card, and I would too. It also makes it quite easy and it looks nice, I see no reason why people shouldn't use it.

I then watched interviews around Olimpico and Roma fans were protesting and were getting angry at the reporter for asking! Some people were saying crap like "The stadium is meant to be a place for fun, I dont want to be registered"... I bet he's one of the dumbasses that's up for a fight.
yeah i don't see what the big deal about this tessera del tifoso either.... lots of fans in italy (and not just the violent ones) seem to be against it, but i can't really figure out why......
... but then again, i don't really know much about the tessera either, so i can't really judge..... infact i still haven't got myself one.... what should i do to get it? where should i go? and what do i need to have one?
any intel on the subject is highly appreciated :))

Last edited:

Milan looked very good yesterday I thought (Pato and 'Dinho ran the show) and look more "ready" than seasons gone by. I think Pato and Ronaldinho defensively need to up their games though, it was the reason we beat you so convincingly was that they didn't track back at all.

Ibrahimovic is a fantastic signing for 24M and your forward line looks extremely impressive yet their are rumours your still after Robinho which would be strange as your well stocked in attacking areas and need to replace Seedorf and Nesta in midfield and defence more importantly.

Ibrahimovic is a fantastic signing for 24M and your forward line looks extremely impressive yet their are rumours your still after Robinho which would be strange as your well stocked in attacking areas and need to replace Seedorf and Nesta in midfield and defence more importantly.
yeah, the thing is though, how can u replace nesta? milan couldn't get a cb good enough to be a starter straight away, as a fit nesta is still the best cb in the world (hence an unquestionable starter).
stef, isn't astori (the young cagliari cb) owned from milan? coz if that's the case, u might have a gem on loan in cagliari.

anyway stef, thanks for the link about the tessera del tifoso (can't believe i didn't check out the palermo site about that :P ).
however, if i got it right, the card is needed only to get a seasonal ticket or to buy a ticket as an "away fan", right?
coz i told ernestito he could have bought a ticket as a palermo fan (for the match against inter in palermo) without having to get the card.... and i wouldn't want him to have bad surprises (once in palermo) because of wrong infos given by me :))

last transfer rumours: it looks like inter and napoli are after inler.... that's a great news for u rfu! .... or for any napoli fan. :))

Inler deserves to play for a great team.

Lo zio, Stef, anyone with good info, tell us a little more about that Sergio guy (Entrepreneur) who recently took over Bologna. He just sacked Colomba 24 hours before the 1st match of season against champions, Inter.

He seems pretty ambitious and wants to make Bologna more than just a yo-yo team that goes up and down and is always struggling.

But how much $$$ does he have? Probably pretty rich. How much is he investing? And is he a patient man or one of those temperamental short-term idiots? We should know more about this guy.

Well, Inter did well just think Bologna`s Keeper was unbeatable tonight. Rafa made that odd sub for Milito , something never change.

On my commentary they said he was injured, that's why he took him off. Oh well, I'm not complaining at the result :D.

Any luck in finding out who the guest was for the Milan game?

On my commentary they said he was injured, that's why he took him off. Oh well, I'm not complaining at the result :D.

Any luck in finding out who the guest was for the Milan game?

benito-carbone.jpg

Benito Carbone :WORSHIP: Benni

..."de..de ..de geeve pirlo too mooch spacess...Pirlo iss de best in de World" lol I luv it!

He said that about every Milan player. :LOL:

"Pato, I'm sure, is just the greatest in the world."
"When running, I'm sure, Ronaldinho is the best in the world."
"its great, its great they can bring Ibrahimovic. He is the greatest striker in the world"

Back
Top Bottom