Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

Thanks. Actually I did click a bit later when I thought, maybe he meant 3 points behind, which it was........hehe. Just couldn't be bothered editing my post.

FD

Come on Milan!

I also hope Parma get a result. Not just to cement our fourth position, but also for their survival. I'd hate it if they went down :(

3-1 to Napoli at San Paolo. Intimidating atmosphere. Ben was completely right, playing Napoli at San Paolo is never easy. Inter have lost here as well. Sold out with 60 000 fans, we were taught a lesson. 1 game left.

Parma must beat inter for survival, and Roma must beat Catania. This would mean Parma being safe and Roma winning Serie A.

What a thrilling Serie A, the most enjoyable one in the last 5 years..

Terrific match by Napoli that outplayed AC Milan in every single moment of the match. Fiorentina won against Parma and now they're back in 4th place, meaning AC is 5th and going to UEFA cup right now. Inter got only a draw against Siena, and Roma just defeated Atalanta.
So, Inter has just one point more than Roma now..

Next round (only the important matches):
Parma - Inter
Catania - Roma
Milan - Udinese
Torino - Fiorentina

Now, let's spend a couple of words upon these.

The struggle to avoid relegation is 2-way bound to the struggle to win the title. Inter and Roma play respectively against Parma and Catania. Let's hope Parma can make it by defeating Inter while Roma defeats Catania..

next sunday is going to be a LOOOONG day..

It's going down to the wire. Inter face Parma, and Roma face Catania. Title contenders vs relegation contenders. Could go either way!

It's been a great season in Serie A, Siena have scalped pretty big this year Juve last week, they did Roma at home and now the Inter result.

all the best of luck to Roma next weekend...

Not sure about 4th place, tbh I wanted Udinese to snatch it.

..... playing Napoli at San Paolo is never easy. Inter have lost here as well. Sold out with 60 000 fans, we were taught a lesson. 1 game left.

not only inter, ste... sampdoria, fiorentina, juventus (juve tho lost mostly thanks to some wrong refs calls) udinese, palermo and atalanta too lost in San Paolo. ;))

they're a very good team. they have the perfect blend of experience and youth, a good coach, a solid financial situation and one of the greatests sporting directors in history (Marino), who is today arguably (together with Corvino) the best sporting director in europe.

if de laurentis (napoli's president) won't get on the "zamparini mode" (what he actually does sometimes), napoli might follow fiorentina's footsteps in a few years.

talking about the team, they made some false steps this season (quite a few tbh), but this is mostly due to the type of players they have. most of them are very young, many of them are facing their first serie a experience.

Sabac Red said:
Siena have scalped pretty big this year Juve last week, they did Roma at home and now the Inter result.

the team is actually very poor. siena and livorno are the only really weak sides in serie a (as all the others low-table teams are full of quality players).
but, unlike livorno, siena has an awesome coach, and, thanks to him, siena was able to call itself out of the relegation battle pretty early this season.

anyway another fantastic week has gone... i wish this season would never end :-D
there would be a lot of topics to talk about; the parma situation, torino's disappointing season, lazio's disaster (rossi is about to leave), the 4th place battle, the scudetto battle, those 2 coaches spalletti and prandelli passed their torch to; mazzarri and beretta... the next best things (actually the current best things too) in serie a!.....
but i'm already late so maybe next time :))

Last edited:

Liverpool have been linked with Andrea Dossenna.

Haven't seen much of Udinese, what's he like?

Their sporting director just said that its not going to happen. Can't really comment on him since i havent really watched Udinese.

Dossena is great, great ability to push forward with the ball. Pacey, strong and lively. Created many chances for Udinese this season, but then that also had a lot to do with Udinese's style of play. A very offensive 3-4-3, with Dossena the left wingback, overlapping where Di Natale often went for the goal. Dossena's been one of the best performing fullbacks( if you can call him that this season) this year.

All in all, I like Dossena.

Dossena is great, great ability to push forward with the ball. Pacey, strong and lively. Created many chances for Udinese this season, but then that also had a lot to do with Udinese's style of play. A very offensive 3-4-3, with Dossena the left wingback, overlapping where Di Natale often went for the goal. Dossena's been one of the best performing fullbacks( if you can call him that this season) this year.

All in all, I like Dossena.

Sounds good.

Hope we can get him.

yes it is and i hope he sign with us.
inter is a pathetic team, mancini is an idiot, players are all money bitches, it deserves a big failure kinda 5 may 2002 (the D-Day ^^)
e io godrò come un matto.

Don't really want to interupt the Scudetto fever, but i want to mention that i just made a quiz about calcio in a new thread in the football section.

Dossena really had a hell of a season. very technical, very powerful, amazing pace (wich, for an italian means "british style pace), glorious crossing ability and good dribbling too.
he had a continuous growth in the last 3 years, but i don't know if he can become even better than he is now.

basing my judjement on this season performances i'd put him and de silvestri rather than grosso and zambrotta as italy's fullbacks....
.... and i'm pretty confident that in 2 years they will actually be italy's starters (unless mesto and pasqual won't be back to their previous standards).

anyway whoever will buy dossena, will have to fight a lot. Pozzo (udinese's president) is one of the thoughests negotiators in italy. he might sell u a fiat panda for a ferrari price.... and also convincing u that u did a bargain :DD

Dossena really had a hell of a season. very technical, very powerful, amazing pace (wich, for an italian means "british style pace), glorious crossing ability and good dribbling too.
he had a continuous growth in the last 3 years, but i don't know if he can become even better than he is now.

Sounds the type of full back Rafa needs for his 4-2-3-1 :DD

Finally a transfer speculation to get excited about. Hoping Liverpool get him (and Mancini).

Back
Top Bottom