Southampton Thread

apparently this hoddle thing is a smoke screen and lowe is using it as a way to get a cheaper man in. i.e. fans dont want hoddle and so will accept anyone (gary johnson of yeovil!)

Strachan steps down as Southampton manager effective immediately. More news to follow on this later

loz said:
apparently this hoddle thing is a smoke screen and lowe is using it as a way to get a cheaper man in. i.e. fans dont want hoddle and so will accept anyone (gary johnson of yeovil!)

Excuse me but Gary Johnson is an excellent manager, just look at what he has done for Yeovil and Latvia. He is a miracle worker, whether he has the experience the premiership, I don't know. What I do know he is a talented coach.

Before you say "what does Butatista know about GJ". I used to live in Yeovil and still watch them when I can. He has transformed the club from perennial underachievers, to challenging for Div 2. All this on shoestring too.

^^ Yup just read this and have been discussing it with a mate of mine. To be honest I could see this happening a mile off, so it comes as no real surprise.

Shame to see him go tho - he was a top top bloke!

Hoddle out of Saints race

Glenn Hoddle has withdrawn his bid to become the new manager of Southampton.
Hoddle had been strongly touted to return as manager of Southampton for a second spell in charge following the departure of Gordon Strachan.

The 46-year-old was in charge of Southampton from 28 January 2000, until 28 March 2001.

Hoddle took over as manager of Spurs shortly afterwards but was sacked by London club last September after a poor start to the season.

More to follow.

and they are currently talking to Paul Sturrock who looks almost like a certainty for the job, good signing, imo.

on another note, Hoddle sounded like a fool on the Sky sports, he was talking about why the board was split about his appointment and didnt know why!!!

Sturrock to be announce as our new boss today. As long as he keeps us out of trouble this season he'll have done a good job IMO.

We'll have to wait till next year to see if he has what it takes. He has done well with limited resource at Plymouth.

I just wanted to say that I was disgusted with the attitude of our players yesterday. We were an absolute disgrace and every player (except niemi and phillips) should be fined a weeks wages!! I actually got so fecked off with the way we were playing, I was almost pleased that we lost!! Tossers!

Rant over...!

so what are your impressions of Sturrock so far then boys? did you actually go to the game?

No I didn't go to the game - I value my life greater than visiting Portsmouth!!

I think it is still too early to say regarding Sturrock - however if he decided yesterdays team sheet then he needs a big slap!

fd1972uk said:
JimJoeC said:
We were shite. Someone needs to shoot Paul Telfer.

Scotland are right behind the sniper..............just in case he misses. :mrgreen:

FD

Well lets hope it's not a Scottish sniper.

And it's way too early to gauge Sturrock, we'll know more at the end of the season. Hopefully he'll start Pahars and Fernandes next game and drop Telfer and McCann.

Well that was a cracking game last night but I have to say I'm gutted at not getting the three points.

I think it's safe to say that game had everything.

But we shouldn't have conceeded that goal at the death.

JimJoeC said:
Well that was a cracking game last night but I have to say I'm gutted at not getting the three points.

I think it's safe to say that game had everything.

But we shouldn't have conceeded that goal at the death.

Great game wasn't it? Although I felt that neither team deserved to lose.

Nice avatar, Linda Carter mmmmmm!!

that was without a doubt the best i've ever seen southampton play, great game

It was a great game - brilliant entertainment. I was really pleased we played that well considering we don't really have anything to play for. And what a brilliant debut for our new young goalkeeper Blayney. That save from Shearer was world class.

To quote all pundits everywhere. There was a lot of positives, Folly is looking good and if only Fernandes played like that every game!

Ormerod ran his nuts off as usual, even Telfer had a good game!!! Fitz Hall looked good and Svennsson played out of his skin.

The only negative was Phillips limping off at the end.

Pis**d myself at the chants of 'Harry and Jim are getting the sack' :twisted:

imo Crouch is a decent player, he's got a good touch and his height will always cause problems. . .

Back
Top Bottom