Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

I really hope this is better than the last one.
The action parts were pretty good, but the rest was a yawn fest.

It was probably one of the most overrated games ever.
A game which is a spiritual successor to Soul Reaver in terms of gameplay? Hell nah. It is a great Metroid type game, the combat was great, the platforming was great, the puzzles were great, the boss fights were also great, all the ways you can develop the main character were great, you truly felt like a Jedi by the end. Story could have been better but it was okay. Its such a moody game with great combat experience, platforming and puzzles. It was a breath of fresh air compared to this open world madness we have everywhere.
Oh yes and not to mention you can beat this under a resonable time, its not 80 hours of bullshit.

Only the sliding parts borrowed from Spyro were too much and a bit annoying.

A game which is a spiritual successor to Soul Reaver in terms of gameplay? Hell nah. It is a great Metroid type game, the combat was great, the platforming was great, the puzzles were great, the boss fights were also great, all the ways you can develop the main character were great, you truly felt like a Jedi by the end. Story could have been better but it was okay. Its such a moody game with great combat experience, platforming and puzzles. It was a breath of fresh air compared to this open world madness we have everywhere.
Oh yes and not to mention you can beat this under a resonable time, its not 80 hours of bullshit.

Only the sliding parts borrowed from Spyro were too much and a bit annoying.
TBH, I didn't complete it or get that far into it.
Personally just found it so incredibly boring and couldn't be arsed to play it any further, which is something I rarely do.

TBH, I didn't complete it or get that far into it.
Personally just found it so incredibly boring and couldn't be arsed to play it any further, which is something I rarely do.
Probably it was the first 30 mins or so which is just a pipe game pressing the button forward and shooting stuff. Surprisingly after that the game starts and it is a Metroid type of game thankfully not filled with prompts and helps where to look and what to do. There is a sense of exploration to it. But probably its not everyone's cup of beer.

I still haven't finished the last one game. Need more time.

SP Star Wars game should be nice. But I don't like the "jump n run" gameplay parts.

So waiting for sale.

I got all the way up to the... red planet? The one with the Witches and shit. Hope that's not a massive spoiler or something. I was feeling quite ill at the time and the whole atmosphere of the place just gave me a bad vibe during that particular time so I didn't feel like playing anymore. Hopefully I can get back into it in time for the new game. It's still pretty hard, I think I played it on the regular difficulty if there even is a difficulty setting.

I got all the way up to the... red planet? The one with the Witches and shit. Hope that's not a massive spoiler or something. I was feeling quite ill at the time and the whole atmosphere of the place just gave me a bad vibe during that particular time so I didn't feel like playing anymore. Hopefully I can get back into it in time for the new game. It's still pretty hard, I think I played it on the regular difficulty if there even is a difficulty setting.
It is pretty hard, i had no shame choosing easier difficulty. I dont find entertaining replaying boss fights 50 times just because.

Well let's just hope it is better than the original.
I don't know how far I got think, I played it for about 2 hours.

But it was such a massive unimaginative yawn fest with half decent combat.
When I was playing at the time and my comment on it in the other thread, it just felt like a shit Tomb Raider set in the Star Wars universe.

Yeah, there was that overarching Larry Croft feeling, but in the end it came up different enough to me.

Just been announced but PC install size is 155GB.

EA shared the PC minimum system requirements as 8 GB of RAM with a CPU equivalent of a Ryzen 5 1400 and a GPU equivalent of a Radeon RX 580.
The recommended specs look for 16 GB of RAM, a Ryzen 5 5600X equivalent CPU, and a RX 6700 XT equivalent GPU.

Can only assume either the game is massive or they have 8K textures.
Problem with PC installs as it has to install 4/5 different size textures depending on settings.

Lately I've been playing hack and slash games or whatever nioh is and I've been enjoying it. This although not exactly the same looks good because of combat. However I am not that much interested in it. (couldn't get into the first one)
Don't know if this is allowed so mods feel free to let me know so I can edit/delete this post. I bought a gpu and it came with a code for this. Id be happy to sell it for half the price of anyone is interested

Ps: 155gb? That's crazy

First reviews on PC tend to say the game is poorly optimized (another one).
I have it installing now. I will give feedback about how it is running on my pc.

I just had a brief walk through the first moments of the game, before going to search my daughter at school and changing the pampers of my newborn son.
It ran at 70+ FPS at 4k with epic settings and RT on. It did have FPS drop when entering a new room/space though.

Back
Top Bottom