The Euro 2020 Thread

What a game! May well be game of the tournament come the very end. As far as goals go I actually took more joy from the Austria opener - so unusual and incredible technique.

JUst read that a doctor confirmed that Eriksen will not be able to play football again. I was watching the match and it al lwas so horrific. I'm a Spurs fan and i always loved Eriksen (in his last season a lot of Spurs fans were very critical about him, never understood that, great player who very often had run most of all the team). I was heartbroken. I hope Spurs or Ajax or Denmark give him a coaching or other job in football (if he wants to, of course). Good luck Christian, and thanks for everything, i really loved you as a player!

JUst read that a doctor confirmed that Eriksen will not be able to play football again. I was watching the match and it al lwas so horrific. I'm a Spurs fan and i always loved Eriksen (in his last season a lot of Spurs fans were very critical about him, never understood that, great player who very often had run most of all the team). I was heartbroken. I hope Spurs or Ajax or Denmark give him a coaching or other job in football (if he wants to, of course). Good luck Christian, and thanks for everything, i really loved you as a player!
For the best anyway. Daley Blind still playing after getting cardiac arrests on the pitch twice, now that's risky. What's with Ajax players and heart problems?

Hello guys.Im new on this forum and i need help.
I set up my EURO 2020 like in the real world,but problem is, e.g. England-Croatia it choose Allianz arena in Munich instead of WEMBLEY stadium,and it keep doing for Gazprom arena and Johan Cruyf arena all the time.When i played Russia-Belgium it chose Johan cruyf instead of Gazprom.My problem is that i cannot choose wembley or gazprom arena by sider or by defaut menu? And it's not even listed anywhere in sider map teams folder.I hope for some help cuz this is getting me mad haha.
I downloaded National arena in Buchurest and i can chose that by sider,but i cannot chose Gazprom arena,Johan cruyf,wembley and probably other Arenas that is defaut by Konami.On euro mode cup menu i cannot even switch between stadiums even without sider,i can choose only day or night but it's wrong stadiums for wrong matches.
My first post on this forum btw,i know i sound like noob but hey,everbody need to start somewhere.TY

Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 better win this game; money invested 😂

Wrong thread @Kaza for your 1st ever post; you need to post your questions somewhere in the Editing forum, to be exact in the Stadium section of Editing forum and not here.

This thread is for Euro 2020, like the real sports and not the Winning Eleven game 😉

@Flipper the Priest Scotland today,quick question man.
How's your affection tw the national team and players from clubs you don't like (no need to spell out which)

In my case we have 4 players from our biggest rival(s) and I can't be bothered with the national team because of that,doesn't help that they're complete idiot's either.
So my outlook on tonight's game Vs Spain for us,I'm hoping for a win and those 4 players ending up being shite at the same time.

For the best anyway. Daley Blind still playing after getting cardiac arrests on the pitch twice, now that's risky. What's with Ajax players and heart problems?

(I don't know.)

They are all players playing more with technique (less athletic).
I feel the amount of playingtime, stress on the mind/body is a pattern (maybe).
But we don't know.
Seeing how the players on the pitch reacted was special.
And its really good to know that he's healthy. Damn.

The accident with Nouri was during a pre-season friendly they hadn't have a defilbrillator ready (pitchside).
Also he was reaching for his leg first so it looked like he had pain on his ankle or something like that.
Then he lied down and made a sort of gesture.
It was a motion that you see injured players make more often.
(this made the players and doctors taking more time realising what was really going on)
And then...

The doctors made mistakes causing permanent brain damage.
Its fucking sad.

Therefore I really was/am happy to see how wel the response was with Eriksen.

If he can continue his career or not...
His children have a father, his girl has her man and his parents have their son to outlive.
And we saw and may see a special person playing football in a special manner.

CE8.jpg

Last edited:
Once again the Poles expecting Lewandowski to conjure up something, when he clearly needed help.

WHAT A GOAL FROM SCHICK EARLIER!

Seriously those ESPN commentators <Jon Champion and Taylor Twellman> .... when commentating the match between Spain & Sweden, one of them mentioned about Andrés Iniesta playing somewhere in China .......

I surely hope it is not Jon Champion ..... :BRICK:

Spain hog the ball but can't make anything happen, meanwhile every time Sweden get into the box they somehow trip over themselves

Jordi Alba being the best player of this Spanish side tells a lot.
This new generation is not up to the task. Iniesta could still captain this midfield for 45 minutes.

Next time Oryazalbal, Thiago, Gerrard Moreno in the starting 11 and M. Llorente in midfield. And Olmo on the bench.

But without El Capitan Sergio Ramos :ROLL::TD:

nor Sergio Busquets and please Koeman, just sell Busquets and Pique
What?

Koeman is coach at Uefalona and Pique is player from Catalunya. What have this to do with the EC 2020? I don't understand, sorry.

What?

Koeman is coach at Uefalona and Pique is player from Catalunya. What have this to do with the EC 2020? I don't understand, sorry.
The correlation is Busquets and Pique are also Spain National Team, right?
Both of them also play in FC Barcelona, no?
Who is FC Barcelona coach? Koeman, no?

Anyway, don't worry man LOL

Admittely I haven't followed spanish national team vicissitudes. I suppose Luis Enrique does hold some kind of grudge towards Real Madrid players? It's laughable to think he left home (among the other names) Asensio to put up this show.

@Flipper the Priest Scotland today,quick question man.
How's your affection tw the national team and players from clubs you don't like (no need to spell out which)

In my case we have 4 players from our biggest rival(s) and I can't be bothered with the national team because of that,doesn't help that they're complete idiot's either.
So my outlook on tonight's game Vs Spain for us,I'm hoping for a win and those 4 players ending up being shite at the same time.

There's no doubt it affects my attachment to the national team. If a Scotland team is full of players from those two lovely football clubs I find myself distanced from them especially if - as it has been in the past - it feels as if it's the main reason for their call up.

That's why it's easy to like this Scotland team. Only seven players from Celtic and Rangers, and they're all good guys. And there's representation from across the country. From Inverness to Dumfries and everywhere in between. More clubs have a link to players in the team than ever before.

Shame we were shite today! More wasteful than anything. The two teams could play again tomorrow and it could be 2-0 Scotland.

There's no doubt it affects my attachment to the national team. If a Scotland team is full of players from those two lovely football clubs I find myself distanced from them especially if - as it has been in the past - it feels as if it's the main reason for their call up.

That's why it's easy to like this Scotland team. Only seven players from Celtic and Rangers, and they're all good guys. And there's representation from across the country. From Inverness to Dumfries and everywhere in between. More clubs have a link to players in the team than ever before.

Shame we were shite today! More wasteful than anything. The two teams could play again tomorrow and it could be 2-0 Scotland.
Yeah rough result,we were completely out played but managed to grind out a draw tonight,taking that 8 days a week.
Hope you'll get a result next game

Spain were far too profligate tonight, though Sweden (like the Czechs earlier) defended well.

Thought Isak was a standout performer for the Swedes, maybe his decision making needs improving, he was quite patient to get his shot that deflected onto the post, and for the pass that Marcus Berg missed a sitter from.

Can't see why Andersson took him off, did he want to rest him for the Slovakian game, or play for the draw?

I don't think Spain will win the tournament, though they might win a few later in the decade, with the likes of Pedri, Ansu Fati, Olmo, Ferran Torres, Fabian Ruiz and Oyarzabal still quite young, they could have another Golden Generation in their hands.

Wow, still gutted to what happened to Eriksen.
Glad he's OK though, althougfh he might not play again (at least in Italy, from what I hear from the press).

In reply to @Isslander yeah, nice pajamas Italy and Switzerland are using. They look more like leisurewear than official match kits to me or, at least, they look like training tops. Strange choice.

Talking about the matches themselves, what a goal by Yarmolenko. Goal of the tournament contender for sure, better than the halfway line one by Schick to me.
I'm still not sure Italy will be a title contender although I hope we do well, of course. Please just let not be France.

Yeah rough result,we were completely out played but managed to grind out a draw tonight,taking that 8 days a week.
Hope you'll get a result next game

There was more than an air of familiarity about Sweden last night. Not only did their team make me feel young, but also - has Sweden ever played anything other than a well-stuctured 4-4-2? I cringe when I read fans talking about their teams having a "way", like they expect their team to play sexy football because they did so for three consecutive years in the 60s. West Ham under Sam Allardyce is the example that sticks out. His direct style wasn't "the West Ham way" apparently. Which is?...

But for as long as I can remember, Sweden has played the same way. Remarkable and admirable. Alas, there doesn't seem to be the quality individual talent in there that can elevate them. Isak looks like the only possible "something out of nothing player". I could be well wide of the mark, it's the first Sweden game I've seen in years and years!

-----

A day to reflect on the Scotland game. Down to individual error/brilliant and lapses of concentration in the end. One hopes the return of Tierney - comfortably our best player in my opinion - comes very soon. He galvanises that whole back line and provides that link between defence and midfield. I would imagine there will be a number of changes in shape and personnel for the England game. Adams has to start.

Last edited:
There was more than an air of familiarity about Sweden last night. Not only did their team make me feel young, but also - has Sweden ever played anything other than a well-stuctured 4-4-2? I cringe when I read fans talking about their teams having a "way", like they expect their team to play sexy football because they did so for three consecutive years in the 60s. West Ham under Sam Allardyce is the example that sticks out. His direct style wasn't "the West Ham way" apparently. Which is?...

But for as long as I can remember, Sweden has played the same way. Remarkable and admirable. Alas, there doesn't seem to be the quality individual talent in there that can elevate them. Isak looks like the only possible "something out of nothing player". I could be well wide of the mark, it's the first Sweden game I've seen in years and years!

-----

A day to reflect on the Scotland game. Down to individual error/brilliant and lapses of concentration in the end. One hopes the return of Tierney - comfortably our best player in my opinion - comes very soon. He galvanises that whole back line and provides that link between defence and midfield. I would imagine there will be a number of changes in shape and personnel for the England game. Adams has to start.
Isak is the only one
that can make the unexpected in this team,if Forsberg gets space he could well be a force.
Yeah it's been like this for years ,but Vs a team like Spain,it has to be.
We have Slovakia and Poland next,I'm pretty sure it's going to be a very different game Vs them

Isak is the only one
that can make the unexpected in this team,if Forsberg gets space he could well be a force.
Yeah it's been like this for years ,but Vs a team like Spain,it has to be.
We have Slovakia and Poland next,I'm pretty sure it's going to be a very different game Vs them
Well played mate, as i have said before Sweden can be very hard to beat. Spain, after the first half seemed to have run out of ideas. It was only down to good fortune for Spain that they didn't lose 1-0 at least. That moment when the ball hit one post then trundles to hit the other post! :CURSE: I think you will get through the group stages.

England's next game against the Scots, regarding team selection. No way would i be playing Grealish, as i fear Scotland will kick lumps out of him, i think he would be best saved for the Czech republic. Another thing, as good as Trippier is, we should not be overlooking natural competent left backs in favour of him. That's just my thoughts for now.

Well played mate, as i have said before Sweden can be very hard to beat. Spain, after the first half seemed to have run out of ideas. It was only down to good fortune for Spain that they didn't lose 1-0 at least. That moment when the ball hit one post then trundles to hit the other post! :CURSE: I think you will get through the group stages.

England's next game against the Scots, regarding team selection. No way would i be playing Grealish, as i fear Scotland will kick lumps out of him, i think he would be best saved for the Czech republic. Another thing, as good as Trippier is, we should not be overlooking natural competent left backs in favour of him. That's just my thoughts for now.
Thanks mate,I'm quite sure we'll beat Poland and most likely Slovakia,though they look a bit scary,just like the Czech.

The Scotland England game is probably ticked in every football fans calender.
It's a tricky one

Back
Top Bottom