The Hunter call of the wild

Got knocked out cold by a aggressive moose.
Managed to unlock "scared your 1000 animal" (good job...) Trophy.

I'm still grinding on the same (lake District) map ,which is huge ,I mean massive.
Got up to level 10 and have got perks to unlock better tracking and steadier shooting.
Halfway to my goal for a new gun so I can hunt every where ,including bison and Grizzly.

I got killed by two bison but eventually killed one after shooting it about ten times. Can't be arsed with these missions now I just want to kill every living animal.

Which one is it mate and are you PC or console? I've only played the first map so far but I'm still enjoying it.
On Xbox ,Its called 7mm Magnum ,a truly kick ass gun ,only 1 round in it ,so you load it like a shotgun (break it open).

I discovered that my version (the game pass) only has Hirchfelden ,the one you've been playing and The lake District ,I recommend you to try Lake District out ,more fun ,bigger animals ,massive map with different terrains
I might buy the game or one of the other maps especially Yukon valley

Started hunting Hirschenfeld two days a go ,hated it at first but tonight I bagged 12 boars 5 deer 4 red foxes and a few rabbits.
Boar hunting is really cool ,miss the really big animals though (haven't seen any bison yet)

Started hunting Hirschenfeld two days a go ,hated it at first but tonight I bagged 12 boars 5 deer 4 red foxes and a few rabbits.
Boar hunting is really cool ,miss the really big animals though (haven't seen any bison yet)
Bison take loads of shots and attack you if you get too close.

First Bison.
Shot him tracked him 200 meters and found him dead.

Then at the same spot 4 Wild boars turned up ,killed two injured a third who attacked and killed me (forgot my pistol).
Respawned at my cabin went back and collected the two dead boars ,tracked the third and killed him.

Sometimes nothing happens ,then all of a sudden your in trouble.
Can't wait to hunt Wolf and mountain lions ,that's probably risky as hell

Bagged three red foxes and 3 bisons last night.
The bisons were a bit scary dealing with since I had my 270 rifle (not really suited for those beast's) needed 3-4 well aimed shots to get them down.
Still enjoyable this

I have to say - I wasnt convinced about this game. Im a big fan of survival and no survival elements were a huge disappointment. But I needed something "calm", so I tried it.
Have been playing this game everyday this week and I bought a version with couple of extra DLC maps.
I absolutely love it.
Turned all the visual hints off and immersed myself in the world.
Still on a first map, been playing missions. They give you some sort of goal and direction and make the game even more immersive. It feels like a cross between being a park ranger and a bloke from an episode of "Alone".
Maps are huge and gorgeous. I dont think any game I played so far was able to create such authentic wilderness.
I've been playing on Alaska map and dynamic weather adds even more to the experience. You can walk through the forest, it starts to snow and next minute everything turns white. Its a beautiful game.
And it can be scary at times, which is a big plus. Im mainly hunting with a bow, so I have to get closer to the animals.
Overall - a must play for anyone who likes slow paced hunting simulation and is patient enough to enjoy it.

Love that show! Have you seen the Swedish/Norwegian/Danish ones? They're all free to watch on SBS with embedded subs just need to persuade the site you're really in Australia ;)

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/alone-sweden
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/alone-norway
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/alone-denmark
I think I watched up to series 4, or 5, where there were doubles. Each team had two people. That season was crap, put me off a bit, I got distracted and never went back.
There were few latest seasons on Sky On Demand, but like last 3 or so. And I wanted to watch from the beginning.
Definetely need to put some effort into it, coz the series overall was brilliant.

Ps. The new DLC map that just came out for Hunter is a Scandinavian one. Finland, I think.

I think I watched up to series 4, or 5, where there were doubles. Each team had two people. That season was crap, put me off a bit, I got distracted and never went back.
There were few latest seasons on Sky On Demand, but like last 3 or so. And I wanted to watch from the beginning.
Definetely need to put some effort into it, coz the series overall was brilliant.

Ps. The new DLC map that just came out for Hunter is a Scandinavian one. Finland, I think.

The latest series of the Danish one was a mix of doubles and singles which was quite interesting! I get them from the Danish broadcaster site and then self translate the subtitles using Deepl, usually works well enough with the odd bit of unintentional humour!

https://www.dr.dk/drtv/saeson/alene-i-vildmarken_304071

Back
Top Bottom