The Master League adventures thread

@Madmac79 Tudor Baluta! I've loved him as a pickup in my Reggina story, the Romanian has been a stalwart Defensive Midfielder for my team, if I remember correctly he plays more as an Anchorman, so he covers a lot of space quite well, and also has a good passing game to help with the build-up! Nice pickup for sure!

Interestingly, I've never played a 4-3-3 in Master League! I either play 4-5-1, or 4-4-2 diamond or 4-4-2 traditional (in case of traditional 4-4-2, like I am playing with Reggina, I use my secondary striker and sometimes my center midfielder as my creative players).. I like having "classic number 10's" or players with passing and some old school flair in terms of skill haha.. But 4-3-3 sounds like something interesting to try down the road. :)
Yeah, in my careers/MLs I've not used 4-3-3 very often as I'm more of a fan of the two forwards (usually one SS and a CF) and possibly a classic AMF like you prefer yourself.

Fact is that, when I pick an existent team, I usually respect their default module at least for a few seasons.. it's not a real rule or something, but since the majority of players are more often than not apt to the scheme they are currently playing, I find more comfortable to reinforce that same structure and keep going as it is, at least if I have scarce finances. It's also a nice excuse to explore other modules outside my favourite ones and vary things a bit.

Hey guys! Here's a small update about my Bolton Wanderers save!

Been having a tough time deciding between PES 2010 and PES 2014. I'll let you guys know what my journey has been.

If you guys remember correctly, I played an entire Bolton season in PES 2010 first. After my first season was done, however, I kinda grew tired of it, and wanted to try the same story in a different edition. But check this out.. I found that I was doing something all wrong! Turns out I was playing with a gameplay mod that made the game too ping-pongy! I re-tried a Bolton vs Chelsea exhibition with the VANILLA gameplay and guess what.. Even though I lost 1-0, I really enjoyed it, as it was a way more realistic match and overall better experience than with the mod!

Now about PES 2014: Like @slamsoze remembers, I had quite a bit of trouble installing a patch which worked for my save, until I was finally able to download and apply PESEdit 4.4! But here's the thing.. I want to play with an intermediate speed setting (between 0 and -1), and probably 17 minute matches.. But guess what.. The PESEdit patch did not support the game editor (called file loader) which changes these settings! So now i am reinstalling the game, and will probably try "Fire Patch" which allows for these in-game changes!

As you guys can probably tell, I really like editing things such as speeder, match minutes, etc.. before starting my ML.

So now, I'm kind of at a crossroads:
- PES 2010 seems like a sure bet for me. Strangely enough, I seem to really like it even if it is not the most popular game. It kinda has an old-school PS2 era feel, but with much more beautiful graphics (man I love the palette). Some people reviewed it poorly, saying that it was too fast and too hectic, but setting Speeder at 0.94 really solves this issue for me, as it slows the matches down to a pace that I prefer.. And I'm quite enjoying the "ambiance" and vanilla gameplay with slowed down speeder in kitserver. I also see the advantages of having a much deeper Master League, with way more options than 2014.

- PES 2014 is definitely more of a challenge for sure. I played it quite a bit (even if I haven't been able to decide between 15 or 20 minutes, 0 or -1 speed), using a tool called "catchup removal tool" which takes care of the catchup bug in the game, and the gameplay is.. upredictable, chaotic, physical, and quite challenging. Pass assistance is quite different, and especially defending is really really different. I've lost many more games that I've won, and it seems that in the long-term it would be much more challenging to run an ML, even in Top Player, which is what I usually play, so that's interesting.. Even if ML in 2014 is really really basic, perhaps too basic.

So in a way it's going for a sure bet (2010) vs an unknown long-term experience (2014). This is where I'm at right now in trying to decide between these two editions. :TU:

Would like to hear your opinions bros!

Last edited:
Bros, I started my ML in top player in PES 2010, but I'm finding it a bit too easy. The only game I lost was 3-2 against CHELSEA, and that is because I rested all of my star players (because they were tired from the FA cup :LOL: )The thing is there's no superstar in 2010 and the gameplay mod that I played with earlier, even though it makes the game more difficult, makes it a bit too tiki-taka for the computer.

1669336235605.png

So now I am thinking: either try to find a different gameplay mod (which is quite difficult for PES 2010), go to PES 2014 (which has fun gameplay but very bare-bones Master League), or try a different edition. Will keep you guys posted on how I proceed. :)

Last edited:
Cheltenham finished at 14th place. Considering that they were scrapping the bottom of the barrel for most season and their mid season goal was to finish 21st - last quarter of the season was awesome. Players finally started to understand one another, making good runs and tracking back properly.

Interesting to see how the gap between Goals Against in compare to Goals Scored - started to close at the end of the season.

Screenshot_20221125_162550_Chart Maker Pro.jpg

@Emroth wow, you made a graph and everything! that's dedication
Cheers!😁
I was always annoyed how Pes didnt track past results properly.
So, just for myself, I created Exel sheet, so I could record all the details. Purely so I could see that I met such and such team that many times and so far the results were xxx.
And once I finished the season I looked at this spreadsheet and thought I might do the graph from it. ;)

I know a lot of people hate regens, but I love them. Proper faces, names being called out, some cool skills.. So I signed 5 players from youth team already.
We shall see how new season goes.

Im treating this ML with a little wink, coz most likely I'll be moving to Playstation with proper option files in the future. So I will lose all this.
But then I'll be able to create proper kits in Pes Kits Creator and do some screenshots.

That's cool. :) I wasn't a fan of regens, but entering into my third season in my PES 2017 Reggina save, I decided to give it a go and signed an Italian defender! I only have one "rule" he can't look like a 45 year old if he's 19, haha so I try to find a more "neutral" face. :LOL:

Small january update on the Spezia ML :P

Passed the second Coppa Italia round against Napoli; unexpectedly won the first game home 2-0, then the return match was easily one the best games of Pes 2021 I've played until now, maybe the best;

Napoli played incredibly aggressive from the get go, creating a lot of chances, but thanks to my bulwark Zoet I could fend them off. Probably also with the help of them playing all the match alternating between the two most offensive mentalities, I could put in another long ball goal with Kaufmann just at the start of the second half; Napoli then tried to all attack me and got a deserved draw, but I could hold the fort until the end and now I'll have Fiorentina in the quarters.

As for the market; another youngster, goalkeeper Mirante, refused to renew the contract, so after Cvitanich I had to sell him as well. I really like this thing that young players seems to react to the fact you don't give them enough field time - no idea if there are ways around it, but it's very good for roleplaying.
Despite his recent decisive goal, and a not really bad first round of games, decided to give Kaufmann on loan and to bring in a more complete/ready striker, always on loan; tried for belgian Dimata, who would have been the perfect profile, but he refused as he was apparently afraid of the fact he wouldn't have played enough even if he had like 5 points more of overall compared with my best CFs.. whatever, no idea what triggers this response lol. Had to refold on Shomurodov, who gladly accepted my offer with an option to buy, and completed the roster with another loan: goalkeeper Svilar from Benfica.

Also promoted brazilian OMF/SS Muriqui (to not confond with ex Lazio, now Mallorca striker Muriqi) from the youth team, but guy is already a bit too strong for my taste, don't know if I'll gonna keep him or release him in the summer. Fact is that as an OMF, his natural role, he has an overall of 70, but when I put him as an SS he becomes a 74.. almost as strong as all my best attackers. Well we'll see after these last months.

Last edited:
Napoli played incredibly aggressive from the get go, creating a lot of chances, but thanks to my bulwark Zoet I could fend them off
That was an amazing performance by your keeper, bro. Talk about a stone wall! :APPLAUD:

but I could hold the fort until the end and now I'll have Fiorentina in the quarters.
In my save, Reggina have beaten Fiorentina twice in the Cup, so here I will send you a bit of Baggio's magic, his secret "Il Divin Codino" recipe! :RSCARF:

I love the fact that you're considering one of your recent signings too strong for your team. I also have a rule trying not to sign players who seem a little too overpowered for my team. Another thing is that instead of getting one star, sometimes I think it's better to spend money trying to get a lot of "rotation players" so that form and fatigue can be alternated! :TU:

Are you playing "classic", or "challenge" ML mode?

That was an amazing performance by your keeper, bro. Talk about a stone wall! :APPLAUD:

In my save, Reggina have beaten Fiorentina twice in the Cup, so here I will send you a bit of Baggio's magic, his secret "Il Divin Codino" recipe! :RSCARF:

I love the fact that you're considering one of your recent signings too strong for your team. I also have a rule trying not to sign players who seem a little too overpowered for my team. Another thing is that instead of getting one star, sometimes I think it's better to spend money trying to get a lot of "rotation players" so that form and fatigue can be alternated! :TU:

Are you playing "classic", or "challenge" ML mode?

Thanks for the Baggio's magic, I'll probably gonna need it :D

Yeah my idea with Muriqui was to pick up a very young forward and slowly growing him up as a false nine. But as I, ehrr, almost said above (just realized I forgot a "0" near 7 lol) when I tried him as an SS he immediately went up in overall by 4 points.. plus he already is very solid in speed and dribbling. Still don't know what I'll do with him tho.

As for your last question, at the cost of sounding stupid.. how do I select challenge mode in 2021 ML? I can't see it anywhere in my current Master and not even when I try to start a new one.. youtube doesn't help either.

As for your last question, at the cost of sounding stupid.. how do I select challenge mode in 2021 ML? I can't see it anywhere in my current Master and not even when I try to start a new one.. youtube doesn't help either.
Oh, my bad bro. I thought I remembered PES 2021 having a "normal" and "challenge" mode, but actually this changed from PES 2019. What they do have is "frequency of transfers", "difficulty of negotiations", and "initial budget". :TU:

1669513122373.png

Still don't know what I'll do with him tho.
Suggestion: You can also try building your team around him, kind of like how I'm doing with El-Sherif since he is also improving a lot. :)

Thanks for the Baggio's magic, I'll probably gonna need it :D

Yeah my idea with Muriqui was to pick up a very young forward and slowly growing him up as a false nine. But as I, ehrr, almost said above (just realized I forgot a "0" near 7 lol) when I tried him as an SS he immediately went up in overall by 4 points.. plus he already is very solid in speed and dribbling. Still don't know what I'll do with him tho.

I saw that solo 7, i assumed it was 77...I was wrong. As for the Napoli match, it was more or less a siege, but your GK diserved his salary.

As for the transfers/negotiaions system, it has RPG aspects, but i've you get used to the patterns, it can be exploited very easily after, or to be more kind, it becomes repetitve.

For the players that do not want to renew, after they refuse, you can offer them again a renewal, with better terms, and after the 2nd or 3rd attempt, they renew. But you can always stay in the first response, and pretend that they want to leave, at any cost, as happens in real life.

What's a lot cheasy for negotiations, renewal or transfer offer, is to always have the release clause in the minimum value, ONE BAR, not OFF, not HIGH, and add them bonuses to the maximum, IE, GOAL bonus for Midfielders that score too rare, or even the Clean Sheet for GK's and CBs, SBs, as it is very usual to concede a goal, epsecially in the early seasons, when Team Spirit is below 90.

Now about Release Clause, i was alwas wondering, why the other teams trigger it so rare, to me happens almost 1 time per 3 seasons. And i would like as an added drama, to loose players to bigger teams, it's kind of realistic.

Well the solution to this according, to a friend of the Italian Forum, is to set the Negotiations Level to the hardest option, IIRC. When set to this, the other teams will very usually try to steal players from you, of course it does have some side effects.

And that's the personal reason , i have it to default "normal" and not mess with these things. Cause i have a personal belief, that PES devs, do not never do a proper playstest, to other option than the defaults. They set up the default settings, and do a poor playtest, than implement the options to co-responding sliders, but never make playtests with the added settings, so i will avoid them.

A very huge side-effect that was discovered very early by the PES community, was the financial/budget slider. If you set up to start with a big budget, it is not just that you start with a big amount of money, but your general income is increased so high, that you end up the first season , having in your club account, some Hundreds of BILLIONS!!!! of EURO!!!!! Which i find , unrealistic and ridiulous.

And i assume the opposite applies, if you start with minimum badget, you general income is also decreased to a point , that you cannot keep even your low class amateur players.

That's why, i stay to NORMAL in most options, with zero trust for radical option changes. To be fair, i feel OK-ish with NORMAL settings, i would only want more players of me stolen by CPU by paying release clauses, and my players to be completelly negative to renewal, as it was in PES 2012, once the player becomes pissed off, you couldn't even suggest a renewal, the option was removed.

I saw that solo 7, i assumed it was 77...I was wrong. As for the Napoli match, it was more or less a siege, but your GK diserved his salary.

As for the transfers/negotiaions system, it has RPG aspects, but i've you get used to the patterns, it can be exploited very easily after, or to be more kind, it becomes repetitve.

For the players that do not want to renew, after they refuse, you can offer them again a renewal, with better terms, and after the 2nd or 3rd attempt, they renew. But you can always stay in the first response, and pretend that they want to leave, at any cost, as happens in real life.

What's a lot cheasy for negotiations, renewal or transfer offer, is to always have the release clause in the minimum value, ONE BAR, not OFF, not HIGH, and add them bonuses to the maximum, IE, GOAL bonus for Midfielders that score too rare, or even the Clean Sheet for GK's and CBs, SBs, as it is very usual to concede a goal, epsecially in the early seasons, when Team Spirit is below 90.

Now about Release Clause, i was alwas wondering, why the other teams trigger it so rare, to me happens almost 1 time per 3 seasons. And i would like as an added drama, to loose players to bigger teams, it's kind of realistic.

Well the solution to this according, to a friend of the Italian Forum, is to set the Negotiations Level to the hardest option, IIRC. When set to this, the other teams will very usually try to steal players from you, of course it does have some side effects.

And that's the personal reason , i have it to default "normal" and not mess with these things. Cause i have a personal belief, that PES devs, do not never do a proper playstest, to other option than the defaults. They set up the default settings, and do a poor playtest, than implement the options to co-responding sliders, but never make playtests with the added settings, so i will avoid them.

A very huge side-effect that was discovered very early by the PES community, was the financial/budget slider. If you set up to start with a big budget, it is not just that you start with a big amount of money, but your general income is increased so high, that you end up the first season , having in your club account, some Hundreds of BILLIONS!!!! of EURO!!!!! Which i find , unrealistic and ridiulous.

And i assume the opposite applies, if you start with minimum badget, you general income is also decreased to a point , that you cannot keep even your low class amateur players.

That's why, i stay to NORMAL in most options, with zero trust for radical option changes. To be fair, i feel OK-ish with NORMAL settings, i would only want more players of me stolen by CPU by paying release clauses, and my players to be completelly negative to renewal, as it was in PES 2012, once the player becomes pissed off, you couldn't even suggest a renewal, the option was removed.
Really interesting!

Yeah, I suspected there were ways around the renew refusal. But as you said it's still very good for roleplaying and I'll probably end up offering it once or twice if I really like the player, and then let him go. I'd rather have the player break any negotiations for good as well, but in lack of this I think it will have to do anyway.

As for the clause, even if I put the negotiation level on "fairly hard", the penultimate, I only had one single player stolen to me that way (N'zola) in two seasons and half. You made me curious to test "hard" now lol, maybe for the next Master.

All the rest I kept it as "normal" like you. The thing you obtain hundred of billions with the highest budget is really stupid indeed :D, maybe it's just their to way to introduce an "here, buy whoever you want" scenario, or more probably they never bothered to test it as you said, anyway.. yeah, definitely not interested either :D.

Anyway, I imagine playing Legend, with the mininum budget and the hard transfer level, possibily with a bad team, must be the ultimate roguelike football experience or something tho.. almost tempting on paper :P

Last edited:
Now that you guys mention it, I remember that in the Gunma United Comizzo's story, I started with the lowest budget and hard transfer level, with the lowest rated team in the J-League and it was a pleasure to play (I played Superstar, not Legend tho, and with PC gameplay mods)!

It was so rewarding to start with all players with 73 and under rating and slowly build them up, haha almost got relegated in the first season (finished 17 out of 20 I think!) but then won the AFC Champions League in my third season. :) haha this is not to boast or anything but pretty much give an example that with lowest budget and hard transfers it is actually very enjoyable. :) Then again, I mainly used Japanese and South American players so it's not like I spent a lot of money, always tried to get budget transfers. :LOL:

1669594834235.png

Hey bros! After mixing and matching and trying a lot of editions, I finally settled on PES 2019 for my Bolton save! I applied a gameplay mod that (so far) has significantly decreased the scripting issues I've had earlier! Playing 17 minutes with sider, normal ML mode, with an invented Spanish manager called "Jose Maria Goya"!, a first time manager in the Premier League (a bit inspired on a young Rafa Benitez!). Even though his English isn't the best, he is trying his best to speak English in his press conferences and wants to build a rapport with the team and the fans from the get-go!

1669595414139.png1669595459464.png

Started off in the Championship and I'm doing well so far, 3rd place after 5 matches.. With Okocha, Nakata, Donovan, and Sol Campbell (captaining the team) being significantly above the rest of the team in terms of ability (they are 80+ rating in a team filled with 60's and low 70's), and the board is expecting me to earn promotion in my first season! I made Okocha and Nakata 22 years old, Donovan 23, and Sol Campbell 24 and my idea is to keep this core intact for my entire ML career. Let's see what happens, I'm really enjoying it so far and hopefully the scriptfest won't appear or will be significantly reduced with the gameplay mod I'm using! So far so good, my wins have been fair and well earned, with a good degree of difficulty.

Check out this epic away comeback against Bristol, I was down to 10 men and a goal down and things were looking grim, and the Wanderers were able to claw my way back with a lot of grit and tactics! (and a bit of luck as well)! One of the most enjoyable games I've had lately. :) Will keep playing this edition and will keep you guys updated, let's keep our fingers crossed that Top Player/gameplay mod is the ticket for more fun matches in the Championship! :BSCARF:

Last edited:
1669943936425.png

Are the Wanderers on their Way to the Premier League??

It's been a pretty solid first half of the season for Bolton Wanderers and their manager, Jose María Goya! With 10 wins, 6 draws, and 3 losses, the team has reached the Winter Transfer window in Promotion Zone, although not directly. Here is basically how promotion works in the English Championship, PES 2019 edition: The top 2 teams are automatically promoted to the Premier League, and teams 3-6 battle it out in a Play-off to determine the 3rd promoted team! Sounds familiar? Yes, this was basically the same format with the Italian Serie B in my Reggina story!

1669944025607.png1669944537530.png

It's pretty much all started at the back. 25-year old Sol Campbell (who I've set his age before I started my ML), has been a rock-solid presence in my back 4, captaining the team and being the leader everyone has expected him to be. Not only does he have great fighting spirit, but also his tackling and aerial skills to head plays out of danger have been of crucial importance to the team. Manager Goya has deposited his trust in Sol, and the team is riding his solid and steady play to the upper echelons of the Championship.

1669944068534.png1669944117989.png

Of course, One cannot continue mentioning this Wanderers story without the addition of my well known "4 Musketeers". In addition to Campbell, I've also added as you well know, the magical Jay-Jay Okocha, age 22, (who has delighted the fans with his trickeries and showmanship as well as goals and assists), American star Landon Donovan, 23, who is the top scorer in my team (and tied for second in the entire Championship with my Center Forward Clayton Donaldson), and Japanese icon Hidetoshi Nakata, 22, who has been a jack of all trades playing in the midfield, doing a little bit of everything, scoring here, asissting there, tackling as well, as a very valuable addition to the team! My intention is to center my whole Master League with these "4 Musketeers" and slowly surround them with talent! :)

1669943972552.png1669943992001.png

A surprising but very welcome addition to my season has been the play of unsung hero, 34-year old Clayton Donaldson, my everyday striker. Even though he is hanging up his boots at the end of the season, he has used his skills, large frame, strength and speed to score 9 goals in the Championship, good enough for 2nd place! One of his greatest performances came against Derby County, in which he scored a hat-trick! Too bad he's retiring as he has been a veteran presence and has provided goals and leadership to the Wanderers! I'll have to look for a replacement once the season ends!

1669944139294.png

One thing is for sure. I want to give him a proper goodbye, it would be awesome if he capped his final season as a Wanderer with helping us reach the Championship. I loved this quote by him "I've still got a few games left in me-just you watch." It's great to have a proper veteran like this playing his final year and helping the Four Musketeers find their place in the team! Loving this side story too, by the way. :) In anycase, right now Bolton is sitting 4th in the Championship, in a super-tight league in which the top 3 teams only lead us by 1 point, and the difference between the first placed team and the 8th placed team is only 5 points!! An interesting point is that I won't be signing any new players probably until the end of the season, since I've renewed the Musketeers' contracts and have to save some money, but once the season ends, I will probably have more cash to spend and reinforce the team! A long way to go still, but things are getting really exciting and tight in this extremely well fought English Second Division!

1669944167006.png

Stay tuned my friends. :) Go Bolton! :BSCARF:

Last edited:
View attachment 190473

Are the Wanderers on their Way to the Premier League??

It's been a pretty solid first half of the season for Bolton Wanderers and their manager, Jose María Goya! With 10 wins, 6 draws, and 3 losses, the team has reached the Winter Transfer window in Promotion Zone, although not directly. Here is basically how promotion works in the English Championship, PES 2019 edition: The top 2 teams are automatically promoted to the Premier League, and teams 3-6 battle it out in a Play-off to determine the 3rd promoted team! Sounds familiar? Yes, this was basically the same format with the Italian Serie B in my Reggina story!

It's pretty much all started at the back. 25-year old Sol Campbell (who I've set his age before I started my ML), has been a rock-solid presence in my back 4, captaining the team and being the leader everyone has expected him to be. Not only does he have great fighting spirit, but also his tackling and aerial skills to head plays out of danger have been of crucial importance to the team. Manager Goya has deposited his trust in Sol, and the team is riding his solid and steady play to the upper echelons of the Championship.

Of course, One cannot continue mentioning this Wanderers story without the addition of my well known "4 Musketeers". In addition to Campbell, I've also added as you well know, the magical Jay-Jay Okocha, age 22, (who has delighted the fans with his trickeries and showmanship as well as goals and assists), American star Landon Donovan, 23, who is the top scorer in my team (and tied for second in the entire Championship with my Center Forward Clayton Donaldson), and Japanese icon Hidetoshi Nakata, 22, who has been a jack of all trades playing in the midfield, doing a little bit of everything, scoring here, asissting there, tackling as well, as a very valuable addition to the team! My intention is to center my whole Master League with these "4 Musketeers" and slowly surround them with talent! :)

A surprising but very welcome addition to my season has been the play of unsung hero, 34-year old Clayton Donaldson, my everyday striker. Even though he is hanging up his boots at the end of the season, he has used his skills, large frame, strength and speed to score 9 goals in the Championship, good enough for 2nd place! One of his greatest performances came against Derby County, in which he scored a hat-trick! Too bad he's retiring as he has been a veteran presence and has provided goals and leadership to the Wanderers! I'll have to look for a replacement once the season ends!

One thing is for sure. I want to give him a proper goodbye, it would be awesome if he capped his final season as a Wanderer with helping us reach the Championship. I loved this quote by him "I've still got a few games left in me-just you watch." It's great to have a proper veteran like this playing his final year and helping the Four Musketeers find their place in the team! Loving this side story too, by the way. :) In anycase, right now Bolton is sitting 4th in the Championship, in a super-tight league in which the top 3 teams only lead us by 1 point, and the difference between the first placed team and the 8th placed team is only 5 points!! An interesting point is that I won't be signing any new players probably until the end of the season, since I've renewed the Musketeers' contracts and have to save some money, but once the season ends, I will probably have more cash to spend and reinforce the team! A long way to go still, but things are getting really exciting and tight in this extremely well fought English Second Division!

View attachment 190480

Stay tuned my friends. :) Go Bolton! :BSCARF:
No sneak-peek of Dotan? :P

Was tempted since a lot ago, for a PES 2017 run, by reading @millossobek ML topic.

Still running my 2021 and 2020 runs, and also a 2018 and a 2019 saves. Nothing stops , until there is a big EDITING reason to give up, like Inaki Williams playing for Ghana national team, and similar Nationality changes.

2018 and 2019 are a big experiment basically. I am just FIGHTING against the beast, which is SUPERSTAR AI in Master League.

Also after a recently conversation on pesgaming forum, the spark inginted again. And finally, i had the mutliple teases of @vialli82 :COOL: that nobody plays Eredivise , never in Master League, which of course is not 100% accurate, i had a run with Fortuna Sittard and Ajax in the past, other 2 guys have played with Ajax.

So i decided to start someting on 2017, and in EREDIVISIE!!! :) :D

As Fortuna Sittard is not a team i 2017 PES, i went for my all time classic, Utrecht FC. The problem was, and i noticed after i started the 1st match, that the Utrecht kit of 2017, does not have name in the back, only sponsors, which is part of "gamebreaking" for me. :)

So the solution was, to restart and edit the League structure, moving my created "fake" team, Utrecht Oranje, or better since 2020, Oranje FC. A team inspired by Utrecht and the Netherlands national team, you know total football, flying ducth, etc...

The decision on which team to move to PEU Leauge was tough, cause Go Ahead Eagles, and other lesser teams, have promoted this year again, so i went back from 2016-2017 season on wikipedia, until today, and removed the team that had the less appeareances in Eredivisie, and the less tier and the least fancy kits/logo. :P :P

IIRC it was Willem II, not so sure.

Only problem is, the team needs heavy fixing/editing, cause they have some old kits and badges, i used back from 2016, so i need to create new kits, cause unfortunatelly, cause the new kits i had created for them, are in 2018+latter template, so the logos in the socks are not centered properly.

The emblem i am using, is an alternative of Utrecht, as i am very bad at creating something artistic from scratch.

Oranje FC! Love it! :TU: 🧡 This is a great idea, I always wondered why there was never a Netherlands league team that paid homage to their great NT team/colors! I think that a big part of the reason why the Netherlands NT is so popular are their look, so unique!

I think one of the most interesting questions is: Will you be playing Total Football with them? :) I think it'd be a nice touch if you try to emulate Cruyff's genius and tactics, hehe.

I'm glad my Reggina save gave you some motivation to play PES 2017. It is one of the best and most solid recent installments for sure. :)

One more thing bro: Your logo is really cool! I like it. For future reference though, if you want perhaps you can use this website: https://www.designevo.com/logo-maker/ It's where I found the Gunma United logo, of course tweaking it and personalizing it to my liking!

Can't wait to hear about your Oranje FC exploits!

Last edited:
As for the kits, i have some new kits, which i can't use. They are, were those:

OFC preview.jpg

So i have to create new kits from scratch. Thankfully the PESMASTER kit creator for 2017 still works :) I hope it doesn;t shut down soon. :D

https://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2017/kit-creator/

Now i need to find some ideas, it is a long time, since i created kits last time. I want for sure to change the sponsor logo, usually i use some video game related, like Nintendo, Sega, or console, like SNES , N64, or even games. SONIC the Hedgehog was the sponsor of my Fortuna Sittard kit.

I have also used PES games, for Blookrows and fake teams that started using since 2010-2011, their sponsors were PES 2011 and PES 2010. Must scratch my head, for some ideas. :D

@millossobek thankx for the logo site. I've explored a lot sites in the past, but i was usually end up in a pay wall, to get the .PNG file, or with a watermark. I will check yours, seems legimetaly free.

Also i've created a post with my "fantasy" corner here in KITS section thread, feel free to check :)
https://evoweb.uk/threads/kits-by-slamsoze-generic-fictional-fantasy-kits-corner.86204/

Now as for the gameplay, i've said in the past. My only one concern with 2017, are the OP crossing and headers. I feel the only one been annoyed by this, but again in this current save, headers feel too OP, and crosses too razor sharp. In contrast, normal shooting is less OP, i would say the supermen GKs, save shoots, and catch the ball, which would seem impossible to catch in real life. I hope this time i will escape this only headers scoring decease! :)

As for the Save, 2017 has still some kids that are deadly wonderkids when bought with few money, and can develop a lot, cause they are 5 years younger than today.

My obvious signings are, Z. Bakkali and Matteo Cassierra. Bakkali is an incedible maze-runner and Cass is like a prime Ronaldo-9 in my early days! :D

The big surprise of this save, is this Dutch guy, that i never knew he existed ever, first time i see him, signed him as Free Agent, and due to KONAMIs strange/great mentality to polish players from lesser teams, he has a real SCANNED FACE!!! :SHOCK:

His name is M. TE VREDE!!!! Mitchell Te Vrede. Great tower for the penalty box, great both as Target Man, or Fox in the box, with 1,91m height and good ATTACK, FINISHING, HEADER, CONTACT stats.

https://www.pesmaster.com/m-te-vrede/pes-2017/player/42551/

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mitchell-te-vrede/profil/spieler/79127

Seems we have a new ML hero here!!! 2 goals in the first 3 matchs, but guess what, most goals come out of headers!!! :D :COOL::BAND:

Hahahha.... and i forgot the most important part!! :P

Our captain, with team role, is Wesley Sneijder, from Al-Gharafa. Arrived as loaner, hoping to buy him, in order to retire here in Holland :)

ws.jpg

As i said previously, for the first 3 matches ignore the logo, it's the old one, and until i make 3 new kits and 1 GK kit, try to ignore the kits :)

Now as for the gameplay, i've said in the past. My only one concern with 2017, are the OP crossing and headers. I feel the only one been annoyed by this, but again in this current save, headers feel too OP, and crosses too razor sharp.
I agree buddy. This is my only issue with PES 2017 gameplay. The crosses are really precise and there are too many goals, not only through headers, but also through a bit unrealistic flicks and "rabonas" after crosses. At first I thought it was a "top player" thing, but I think it's accross all difficulties and also on PC/console, hehe. I've learned to live with it though. (Maybe I'll tinker with a dt18 to make crosses less accurate on PC).

Other than that, I think PES 2017 has the best gameplay out of all recent installments! I've never detected any script, and to put it in one word, the gameplay flows.

Haha, that's so random and cool that one of your lesser-known players has a scanned face. :LOL: Sometimes PES surprises you like this.

Also i've created a post with my "fantasy" corner here in KITS section thread, feel free to check :)
https://evoweb.uk/threads/kits-by-slamsoze-generic-fictional-fantasy-kits-corner.86204/
Haha, that's awesome! I'm liking quite a bit of your kits and logos, good job there bro! I loved creating Gunma United's and Windsgate kits and logos, I think that's the half the fun of creating a team! The website I showed you is legit free, here are the two logos I've created with it. :) In anycase, can´t wait to hear about Sneijder's exploits!!

GUNMAUNITED14.pnglogo_ccexpress (1).png

Last edited:
@slamsoze really appreciate your idea for the "fake" Utrecht. Are you giving yourself some particular challenge? Or just going with the flow? I like the mix between wonderkids and some old fox like Sneijder!

By the way, just by chance I started a Pes 2017 ML as well some two weeks ago or something.. I wanted to rebuild Milan, as safe from some exception the team in those years was really plenty of dead weights and failed promises, so it's the perfect one for that.. but unfortunately, while it has been fun enough on the field and the squad building, it feels a bit off as I'm ALWAYS playing by night and all the stadiums are messed up (stuff like Cesena or Chievo playing at Emirates or Santiago Bernabeu.. lol). I'd still like to do a 17 run but I'll probably search for another, better patch (suggestions by anyone are welcome :D).

@millossobek I'm having the curiosity of trying 19 again. Last time I tried, CPU absolute lack of variety was what stopped me. You think gameplay mods can spice things up in that sense?

@slamsoze really appreciate your idea for the "fake" Utrecht. Are you giving yourself some particular challenge? Or just going with the flow? I like the mix between wonderkids and some old fox like Sneijder!

By the way, just by chance I started a Pes 2017 ML as well some two weeks ago or something.. I wanted to rebuild Milan, as safe from some exception the team in those years was really plenty of dead weights and failed promises, so it's the perfect one for that.. but unfortunately, while it has been fun enough on the field and the squad building, it feels a bit off as I'm ALWAYS playing by night and all the stadiums are messed up (stuff like Cesena or Chievo playing at Emirates or Santiago Bernabeu.. lol). I'd still like to do a 17 run but I'll probably search for another, better patch (suggestions by anyone are welcome :D).

@millossobek I'm having the curiosity of trying 19 again. Last time I tried, CPU absolute lack of variety was what stopped me. You think gameplay mods can spice things up in that sense?

Thanks buddy. Wanted for only one time, to start with some official, and play something 100% official, without editing here and there, but no names in the backshirt was an overkill...

As for the target, i believe despite the more "human" Superstar difficulty, a spot in the top-5, to go some Europa League, is something reasonable, as a target.

I just signed also Freddy Guarin the other day, for vice-captain, so 2/3 of my midfielders are beasts now. Of i sign also a good defender, till the end of the window, i have to, try for the 2nd place, that leads to CL playoffs.

In my first 3 matches, i started with a traditional 1L-1D-1W, but i am sure, things can go better.

I really live defending in this game, it's so pro-active, no black outs, no bad awareness, i find defending is the best in any PES in PS4-XboxOne generation.

@Madmac79 Hey bro! I really like the Milan rebuilding idea, that's cool you also started a PES 2017 adventure. :RSCARF: Is that the team that had Carlos Bacca, the Colombian striker? Would really like to see what the squad looks like. :)

As for PES 2019, yeah, I think the vanilla game is really broken in terms on unmanageable scripts in ML. Thankfully, I'm using a very easy to install mod, originally made by @*Supernova*! I made some small modifications to it and it's available here! The only catch is, it is highly recommended that you play it in Professional. The gameplay mod is designed for this difficulty (makes it a bit harder)! The cool thing about it is that I've never detected any script in Professional. You can also try it in Top Player if you want, but I think Professional is great for this dt18. :)

All you have to do is rename the file to "dt18_x64" and put it in your Data folder, backing up the original if you'd like! Let me know how it plays!

@slamsoze Freddy Guarín! He grew up a Millos fan and played for us in his last year, so that's cool you have him in Oranje! I remember him as really complete box to box defensive midfielder! :TU:

Back
Top Bottom