The Master League adventures thread

@Madmac79 judging by the most long range goals, that's what i assume too. They are not so many though, most rare i would say, but that's what i conclude too.

@millossobek as for the kits, they are not mine, they were given to me by @ThanosMJ a good friend, despite he is an Olympiakos fan 😅😋 (I'm kidding here 😅😋😁) who Thanos is messing alone with the PC versions of greek patches for WEHELLAS.

@Madmac79 also what enforces this theory of yours, and to exclude any momentum scenario, this scorer Meliopoulos is a very poor rated guy, without good traits, and the conceding GK, Francis Uzoho, plays for Nigeria NT in my save, and had two top corner crazy saves previously in the same match, before the goal.

Ok, joining forces to update my "mainstream" ML save. Quick reminder, PES 2021, 3rd season total in the ML, 2 seasons previously in Burton Albion, 1 season in Extremadura, in Spanish Segunda. Fighting for promotion.

In previous episode we were here.
laliga2-36.jpg

1st position, with +3 from second Huesca, 6 matches to go... Let's see.... :D :P

In MD37, Las Palmas pays us a visit, a classic pain in the arse this team...

MATCHDAY 37: Extremadura UD 2 - 1 UD Las Palmas

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Matchday 38 : CD Lugo VS Extremadura UD. Another team that puts obstacles to our way, who doesn't in this point, you would ask!!! :P

Copy paste result, 1-2 , much more difficult than intended . At least, Huesca did shite in previous MD, and now we are in +5.

Matchday 39 : We hosting UD Almeria in our home, Estadio Francisco de la Hera. Like an ancient Greek Tragedy, this season kept the worst for the finale.

EXTREMADURA UD 1 - 3 UD Almeria

Tailling 0-2, by two conceads, 15' and 30', tried to comeback in 60', only to take the finishing blow in 88'... :(

Shame on us, but thank ML god, HUESCA did a goaless draw, so we stay only in +4, with 3 matches to go...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Next, the (maybe) most critical match until today. A pre-match cutscene, with an pressroom conference with coach Tanaka, critical, dramatic end to season, Do or Die, blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah.... Long story, short, we did choose to DIE!!!! :D

MATCHDAY 40: Cartagena (the mighty, with much respect) vs Extremadura UD, draw 1-1...!!!

The 2nd HUESCA, our chaser, won 2-4 :(

So we are 1st with 80, 2nd HUESCA with 78 !!! :D
Next post coming the 2 final matches..... As i said before, Do or Die.....or Die....or Do??? :P:BRMM:

And concluding this "dramatic" and almost painfull 3rd season, one match before the last one.

Matchday 41: Again do or die, or better, die or die, or maybe, do or die-or die. Short story, we have once chance to progress , and 2 possible results go get screwed, that's 1/3 in or favour. We are against the odds, to place it reasonable! :)

Estadio Francisco de la Hera again, we host RCD Mallorca, in a sweet afternoon. Final result.

Extremadura UD 2 - 1 RCD Mallorca

leaguewin.jpg

As we say in Greece, Huesca spilled the milk in the end, lost to Almeria , 1-3 in their home.

MD41.jpg

So the league table, after the ceremony, is like this, and we are finally 1st!!!! and promoted...

MD41table.jpg

Now if you ask me, why i got the title, with +3 from now 2nd Granada , and one match remaining, i was lazy enough to read the league rules in the ML descriptions, or in the internet, but i assume that it has to do with me vs GRANADA results in our both between games, and that i was better... :)
I've read in Reddit, about cases in "the other game", were the trophy ceremony is bugged and sometimes, it is displayed before the leage winner is decided, cause of the bug of being in your home stadium, and first in the League in the final matches, 1 or 2 Matchdays before the final one, but at this, i trust KONAMI 1,000%, no jokes. They may created half-arsed staff, but at least they are creating them with care on that details, so not such things to happen.

So to conclude, cause my intention was not to mock the other game, but to set clear, that despite we are in +3, we are the LaLiga 2 winners, one matchday before the end.

And just for the context, the last match, against Deportivo La Coruna, Francisco de le Hera again, typical match to finish the season, nothing to compete here, so we did some small squad-rotation. Our dear friend's @Madmac79 protege, appears again back, after a streak of small annoying injuries, that made him lost almost all the 2nd round.

Matchday 42: Extremadura UD 1 - 1 Deportivo La Coruna

Next coming, the next season preperation.... After the struggle in the last turns, i was really wondering, if our place is really in the Primera Division, with such type of struggle. So we must inject a lot of talent, in order to stand in the 1st division and hope for something in the future.

EDIT UPDATE: For the moment... Let's celebrate with the Himno Extremadura!!! :) :D JUST AMAZING, WONDERFULL!!!!!

Last edited:
Next, the (maybe) most critical match until today. A pre-match cutscene, with an pressroom conference with coach Tanaka, critical, dramatic end to season, Do or Die, blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah.... Long story, short, we did choose to DIE!!!! :D
LMAO :LMAO: This part cracked me up! Los Gokus get promoted on their first try!! A long, tough season with a fairy tale ending! At first I read "three seasons" but then I realized that 2 seasons were played with Albion and 1 with Extremadura.. Best thing about winning the league too, is that there's no playoff stuff to worry about. Direct promotion is the ticket!

1674665939110.png
you can really tell the relief of your players and the Extremadura fans in that delightful promotion afternoon!

Can't wait to hear about your summer transfer reinforcements bro. You're gonna have to be very careful and thoughtful when thinking about your signings! It'll be interesting to see whether you go for a big name or you go for a more "all around" strategy! Congratulations man!! :BSCARF: :RSCARF: :GSCARF:

@slamsoze Already complimented on Youtube for the much awaited Extremadura promotion :).
Glad to see again my boy Luka Romero even if iirc you already sold him :P.

Anyway, love the team building and, as I also already told you, this ML is probably the one that inspired me to give a true chance to 21, so it truly holds a special place in my heart :D. Hope you'll update us with a detailed report of the summer market!

So after persevering with numerous saves on Fifa 23 I am back to PES 21 on the PS4. I like certain aspects of Fifa, but it’s just not scratching the itch in the way that PES does. There is something about the narrative of a Master League and building up your team which just isn’t there on Fifa, plus I really do like how PES 2021 plays - By far the best version for me.

So I have committed to a new ML save and download an option file with up to date squads, leagues etc.

I have gone with Saint Etienne in Ligue 2, with the challenge of trying to build them back up and (eventually) over throw PSG by winning Ligue 1.

Difficulty - Legendary
Match Length - 8 mins
First Transfer Window - Disabled
Negotiation Difficulty - Fairly Hard
Starting Budget - Lowest Setting

C4DEE144-6EC7-4FF9-ABA9-D977576266DE.jpeg

Apologies for the poor pic quality, but one thing I have done to make this even more challenging is completely change the squad in the editor to make my own ‘default’ Saint Etienne Master League Team. I kept one or two players but the rest of the squad is mainly made up of younger players with low current ratings but decent potential. For example, Hadjam at LB is only 17 and rated 62 but I suspect he will quickly develop. I also have a couple of experienced players in there who are past their peak but will hopefully carry me through the first season.

As a result we have one of, if not the worst, squad in the league.

B79E0E48-8469-407B-AF52-B37AAE5C6CD5.jpeg

We have made a modest start so far but I suspect this season may be a case of consolidation in Ligue 2 and then we can hopefully challenge for promotion in our second season.

Will try and post as many updates as I can 👍🏻

So after persevering with numerous saves on Fifa 23 I am back to PES 21 on the PS4. I like certain aspects of Fifa, but it’s just not scratching the itch in the way that PES does. There is something about the narrative of a Master League and building up your team which just isn’t there on Fifa, plus I really do like how PES 2021 plays - By far the best version for me.

So I have committed to a new ML save and download an option file with up to date squads, leagues etc.

I have gone with Saint Etienne in Ligue 2, with the challenge of trying to build them back up and (eventually) over throw PSG by winning Ligue 1.

Difficulty - Legendary
Match Length - 8 mins
First Transfer Window - Disabled
Negotiation Difficulty - Fairly Hard
Starting Budget - Lowest Setting

View attachment 199292

Apologies for the poor pic quality, but one thing I have done to make this even more challenging is completely change the squad in the editor to make my own ‘default’ Saint Etienne Master League Team. I kept one or two players but the rest of the squad is mainly made up of younger players with low current ratings but decent potential. For example, Hadjam at LB is only 17 and rated 62 but I suspect he will quickly develop. I also have a couple of experienced players in there who are past their peak but will hopefully carry me through the first season.

As a result we have one of, if not the worst, squad in the league.

View attachment 199293

We have made a modest start so far but I suspect this season may be a case of consolidation in Ligue 2 and then we can hopefully challenge for promotion in our second season.

Will try and post as many updates as I can 👍🏻
Pitroipa and Hadjam very decent additions, know them bery well, from my Paris FC saves. Pitroipa is superb as a regen too. Hadjam, has a very rigid low development curve, which you can hardly escape unfortunatelly, only if you are lucky enough to get some Developemnt Explosions, that player has his arrow form blinking light blue and upside.

Before i post my new season, a little bit sneak-peek of the next one. After 4 seasons, of ugly and unneeded acrobatic scissors, finaly i achieved a successfull and beautifull one! :D

Managed to get quite a few games in yesterday and it’s safe to say we look like we could be in the promotion hunt…

2C1CC6E5-B090-4C53-9C9C-320FDBA5BE86.jpeg

We managed to string 7 straight wins together which transformed our start to the season, including a 1-0 victory away to Nimes who were 9pts clear at one point.

We’re winning a lot of games 1-0 at the moment and relying heavily on our defence to keep a clean sheet. In an ideal world I think another season in Ligue 2 would be best to allow the squad to develop enough to compete in Ligue 1, but if we challenge for promotion then so be it.

C8AA6C5C-88E0-44CE-B1D1-EF729A22225D.jpeg

Of the 14 goals we have scored, Sylla has netted 8 of them. We look a much more clinical side when he plays but his form arrows are inconsistent. To force a bit of realism and rotation, I never play anyone on a Orange or Red arrow.

Onwards and upwards to the next update 👍🏻

I have just started a BAL save in the french ligue2. This is my first goal for my team Annecy during a coupe de France game against Toulouse:

We managed to win the game during the last minutes of extra time.

I have always wanted to start a BAL, but never managed to stick with it in previous iterations (18-->20) because of the AI. So far it, it feels good enough. Let's see how far it will bring me. Only two games played so far :)

I have just started a BAL save in the french ligue2. This is my first goal for my team Annecy during a coupe de France game against Toulouse:

I have always wanted to start a BAL, but never managed to stick with it in previous iterations (18-->20) because of the AI. So far it, it feels good enough. Let's see how far it will bring me. Only two games played so far :)

NIce job! I also bet the fact player camera is your favourite makes you potentially appreciate this mode much more.

Hope to see you around here, I'd love to hear some good BAL story as well :)

@papinho81 Nice goal!! (and Samurai haircut to match!) Is he an invented player? :)

Are you planning to play every single BAL game, and what match duration? Will be looking forward to this. BAL stories are very unusual and could be quite interesting!

I am playing 10 min half games, with full manual controls, using gentlemen gameplay (Pro GK). I am not sure about the difficulty as the mod overwrites it, but it is set to top player in game menu. I am planning on playing as many game as I can. I am not sure yet about my transfer philosophy. I will probably stick to one place, as long as I am getting playing time and it feels challenging/interesting enough.

As for the Avatar, I tried to create a players that look a bit like me (yes I have this type of hair cut). From behind I do think it looks like me, but I am not quite happy with the face yet.

Last edited:

Basically, as @Madmac79 said for the camera it's your signature camera by now. You know that a video is legit @papinho81 footage, when the camera is spinning and spinning and spinning around 😋😋😋

Jokes aside, i honestly admire your for this camera, i try to place myself in your position when I'm watching your videos, and i imagine-emulate what control input i would apply. But it's impossible for me. 🙂

NIce job! I also bet the fact player camera is your favourite makes you potentially appreciate this mode much more.

Hope to see you around here, I'd love to hear some good BAL story as well :)

Yes, I actually started using the third person cam with the idea of practicing for a BAL or player career in FIFA. That was 5 years ago :P.
I started one with FIFA16, but in that game mode, the AI doesn't really shine (too much tiki taka, low risks trying to go forward) and the mode doesn't offer much in terms of player story. PES in that regard, with full stats tracking for players worldwide and players awards makes for a much more entertaining journey I believe.

Last edited:
As for the Avatar, I tried to create a players that look a bit like me (yes I have this type of hair cut).
"Papinho" on the back shirt. :)

Good luck on your adventure! I've always wanted to stick with a BAL story, the closest I got was playing about 6 or 7 matches with an invented Nigerian CB (named Peter Okbepe) in PES 2011. But in the end it felt like a bit of a grind, probably since I was playing 15 minute matches and not skipping any, haha.. Still, it was interesting to play as a defender. Probably not the most action-packed, but a good "stand your ground, time your tackles" kind of experience.

So, I retook some Pes 2019. At the times, between the alien CPU, my wrong approach and the fact the game was objectively super hard, I just played a 30 hours something and it fell really flat on me.

After I completely changed my mind on 21, I was curious to experiment again with 19 and reinstalled it some time ago. Man, first thing I'm truly appreciating for the first time, thanks to the new monitor, are visuals. Loved the turf details and the darker patina.. overall, looks way better than 20/21.

By the way, started a SS, Classic mode, 12 minutes ML with Hebei, in China SL. Put in an Incas random gameplay which helped with variety.. CPU still loves a bit too much low crosses and high corner finishes, but I also saw some screamers, headers, some skill here and there and some other random conclusion.. so all in all, even if it feels a bit robotic at times, it's acceptable.

Well, played a whole season and just will spoil it to you now.. it was just plain bad, probably my worse ML ever in terms of results:

2023.01.25-18.45.png

One victory was also simulated (last match that I had no will to play).

Game is really mean to a different level. I was dominated in many of those losses, but in some others a perfectly balanced match became doomed for a free kick, a corner, a loose ball I simply couldn't defend. Other than the low cross thing, CPU do also have a love for launching their forwards in open field whenever possible.. and when that happens, they are almost always surgical in the finish.

Necessary to say that playing with Hebei isn't easy on itself :P.. Lavezzi, Hernanes, RMF Zhang Chendong and forward El Kaabi were the only players that looked useful, but the first three almost always vanished in the second half due to stamina issues, the other one often ended up fighting against windmills, with too small of a support, strangled between opponents CBs. Others like Mascherano and Negredo (only player I bought in the summer market) felt like they were already enjoying a golden retirement.. completely useless/soulless lol.

That said, it may sound like I'm destroying the game, but in reality there are many things I enjoyed. 19 is incredibly reactive and on the ball it's pure joy, almost addictive; I also like that it generally stays a bit on the physical side, not as much as 20/21 but immensly more than 2018 with his paper players, and this helps both on and off the ball. When the game doesn't bring out all his shenanigans I really enjoy the faster rythm and the general flow of the match, to a point it really surprised me.

Also really like the missions and the owner's trust, wish they had brought it in 20 onwards, I feel like they give depth to the story. Even tho it seems in classic mode you can't get sacked, loved the casual passive aggressiveness of the chairman:
2023.01.29-11.07.png
that's stuff you don't find in Fifa :P

I would have even go on with this save, since it seems in classic mode you can't indeed be sacked (or can you? I'm still in my place after this disaster of a season), but for as much as I like Chinese SL, with that nice mash of old superstars and local players that reminds me the J-League, practically every team save one or two plays in Konami Stadium.. unfortunately it gets too visually monotonous lol.

Anyway, not giving up on it all; in fact, given the particular nature of ML here, I immediately started a new project, something a bit different than the usual starting with a low team and graduall build it up and more appropriated to the whole 19 enviroment.

Will update on it later as I feel I already wrote too much :D

@Madmac79 Bro, I just read your entire 2019 Hebei update.. and I agree.. PES 2019 has some absolutely great points, dribbling, graphics and other gameplay features are really nice, but the cynical "scripting or momentum" in Superstar makes ML unplayable.

Could I perhaps suggest a few gameplay mods for your PES 2019 campaigns? In my experience, the best difficulty to play PES 2019 is Top Player.

This is a gameplay I edited from @*Supernova*'s superb work, Supernova rev 3. It is meant to be played in Professional or Top Player (I believe the parameters are changed so that difficulty is increased). I've played 2 seasons with my Four Musketeers of Bolton using this gameplay, Top Player, and IMO the "scripting or momentum" is quite decreased while maintaining a challenge.

This is the other suggestion you can use, courtesty of @incas36 I've tried a few exhibitions with this one and it is quite solid too. Same principles apply: Professional or TP. :) This one as well, also by Master @incas36

Gameplay mods have truly saved PES 2019 for me. I remember a couple of years ago when I played in vanilla, I tried to play a campaign with Estudiantes de la Plata on SS and it was one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in gaming. Top Player and gameplay mods are the way to go for this edition, my friend! :TU:

PS: Another observation.. I've pretty much always played in "classic" ML mode. I find "challenge" mode a bit unrealistic as wins do not reward your manager trust enough.

Last edited:
@millossobek thanks a lot mate, but at the moment I'm happy with the Incas GP I'm using. If in the future I'll feel like varying a bit, I'll gladly try those too :)

Anyway, to elaborate on what I said above about my new adventure, and also to explain my point of view on difficulty: as of now, I choosed to see unfair challenge in Pes 2019 as a "feature" of the game, as integral part of its identity rather than a flaw. So, given my love for permadeath games like Roguelikes/lites, I decided to translate it in 19: starting a ML at SS/Challenge, and simply see how far I'll go before being sacked, in a pure, classical "arcade" gaming perspective, without thinking long term as I usually do with my MLs. A sort of Roguefootball mash or something, if you want.

For my first, trial choice I decided to pick a good team: Eredivisie Feyenoord.

Very interesting roster, with an aging Van Persie as the poster guy, but also full of other interesting players like Vilhena, Larsson, Berghuis and many more. Feyenoord also has his own stadium in game, luckily, which is a great plus to me. Owner is asking me to qualify for the Champions Cup.. will be a tough one, I guess.

As for the market, brought in free agents Weghorst and Van Ginkel, just to respect the dutch setting; sold keeper BIjlow and also bought turkish RWF Emre Mor.

First few games made me doubt of my idea, as I lost the Dutch Supercup against PSV in a very nice battled, but cursed game I was winning until the very end, then lost two more games in the League.. only to finally get going from the third, and starting an undefeated line of 3 wins and a draw. Unfortunately, De Graafschap already eliminated me from national Cup, and Arsenal ripped me a new one in EL with a sound 3-0, and lost the other game against Vitoria Guimaraes.. but I won against Lugano, so there still is hope.

All in all, with a team clearly more than a notch up than Hebei, game seems way more approachable. We'll see how it plays, I'm still too green to make previsions :)

A couple of videos from my BAL start.

The 1st one is from the same game than the video I posted above. It showcases a nice shot that took out of the guard the GK and almost gave us the win before the extra time in that cup game (we won during ET 2-1).

The 2nd one is my first goal in the ligue 2

It is a scrappy one, but I take it. It is really hard to get good scoring chances. The game ended with a 1-1 draw.
We are currently sitting right in the middle of the ligue 2 table. Next game is a coupe de France game against RC Strasbourg, likely a tuff game for us.

Last edited:
33E0FAF7-C00C-4CD0-B489-E9C5B3992057.jpeg

So mid season in my Saint-Etienne save and it’s been a frustrating few games. We have only managed three wins in our last 8 games which has cut us adrift from the top 2.

We were second after 18 games, just 2 points behind Nimes who have been unstoppable all season. Unfortunately our form has seen them and Dijon open up a nine point gap. With 12 games to go there is still a chance that we can claw it back but judging by our form and theirs, I think it looks unlikely.

Does anyone have experience of getting promoted from Ligue 2 on PES and know if they implement the same play off system? I know in real life the teams finishing 3rd - 5th go in to a promotion/relegation play off with the team in 18th place from Ligue 1. There’s no mention of that on the regulations in PES but if that is the case then we may have a fall back option of promotion via the play offs.

Last edited:
View attachment 200307

So mid season in my Saint-Etienne save and it’s been a frustrating few games. We have only managed three wins in our last 8 games which has cut us adrift from the top 2.

We were second after 18 games, just 2 points behind Nimes who have been unstoppable all season. Unfortunately our form has seen them and Dijon open up a nine point gap. With 12 games to go there is still a chance that we can claw it back but judging by our form and theirs, I think it looks unlikely.

Does anyone have experience of getting promoted from Ligue 2 on PES and know if they implement the same play off system? I know in real life the teams finishing 3rd - 5th go in to a promotion/relegation play off with the team in 18th place from Ligue 1. There’s no mention of that on the regulations in PES but if that is the case then we may have a fall back option of promotion via the play offs.
I've promoted many times from Ligue 2. Unfortunatelly or not, it is as stated in your image. Only the 1st and the 2nd clubs of the table are promoted. No play-offs.

My estimation is that you will be promoted either 1st, there is still time for this being on -9, with so many games ahead. Or you can also finish 2nd, i see Dijon and Nimes are doing a Mirror Race. One of two, i believe will collapse near the end of the season.

"Small" january update about Spezia in Pes 2021 :)

Currently sitting 7th in the League, a Europe spot still highly possible in both tournaments. As for the current cups, passed the Europe Masters group in first place with 3 wins and 3 draws, and will go against Lille in the direct elimination phase; also beaten Pordenone and Spal in the two first Coppa Italia matches, now I'll have to face Lazio in the next turn.

Regarding transfers, nothing happened in the market for almost all january, so much that I was settling for a conservative session with maybe a loan in the last day, until.. last days, things moved in a really chaotic way. First, an offer for Farinez, who I wanted to keep as a second, but almost 6 mln when I paid him like half and I was short on cash.. had to let it go.

Then, the last day of market, the true bomb dropped.. as I approached the turn, a cutscene where my owner told me Burnley was poaching my bomber Augustin due to his low releasue clause, and we had to do something, started to play.. unfortunately, I couldn't renew his contract and set a new one as "the ink on the last one was still fresh" (sick), so in the next turn another cutscene started to play where the chairman told me Burnley acted and paid the release clause, with me forced to let him go.

2023.02.07-19.15.jpg

A small reflection about it:

1. Release clauses money sums sometimes don't make sense. Augustin was in my top three best player with an overall of 83, a very complete and fast striker, one of the players that mostly turned my team.. yet I couldn't give him more than 5 mln something release clause. And the same is true for some other good players like Chukvetadze or Villagra. Wish there was some more uniform criteria about them.

2. That said.. pissed off he left, but fucking love the "drama" of it. No idea if this of the release clause cutscene is a scripted event that's suppose to happen once in a while (I've already lost two players thise way, but it's the first time I see it).. by the way, really like the challenge to lose my best striker in january. To add to what I said above, Augustin had great dribbling and speed, was excellent both in dialoguing with other players and in going deep to conclude, being by far my best bomber, so that he stolen the starting place to my usual kind of tall striker.. since I probably won't be able to find another striker like him in these last few hours, I will be forced to come up with something different in this last hours of january, and all in all I really like it.

Last edited:
@Madmac79 I only experienced the release drama once! I remember that in one of my first PES 2021 ML's (before I started writing the stories), I was playing with Juventus and I think it was Arsenal came and snatched Ronaldo away and there was nothing I could do about it haha. Funny thing is, I remember I got a notification a few weeks before that he was unhappy in the team (drama queen :LOL: ) even though I was starting him almost everyday. Then again it's Ronaldo so this kind of drama is expected at least he didn't give an interview with Piers Morgan :LOL:. It's actually quite surprising what happened with Augustin, letting you know close to the end of the transfer window!

This surely is going to be a big challenge for you, very exciting situation. Really curious to see if you were able to get a new striker in the final hours of January!! :BSCARF: These kind of unexpected situations definitely add a lot to the ML save. Are you playing in classic or challenge mode? It'll be very interesting to see what Manager Eto can do in terms of signings and creativity to replace your big bomber!! I think this situation will truly test your team, especially with your upcoming European matchup.

Speaking of which. Oh man, facing none other than your dear LAZIO in the second round of the Italia Cup.... Can't imagine what it's like! Thankfully I've never had to face Millos in any of my ML's or Cups, talk about mixed feelings!! This is getting very exciting.. Can't wait to hear your next update man!! :BSCARF: :TU:

Also bro, good luck against Lille in the Europa League!!!! They are in my group against Reggina, you'll see very soon. :)

Last edited:
@Madmac79 I only experienced the release drama once! I remember that in one of my first PES 2021 ML's (before I started writing the stories), I was playing with Juventus and I think it was Arsenal came and snatched Ronaldo away and there was nothing I could do about it haha. Funny thing is, I remember I got a notification a few weeks before that he was unhappy in the team (drama queen :LOL: ) even though I was starting him almost everyday. Then again it's Ronaldo so this kind of drama is expected at least he didn't give an interview with Piers Morgan :LOL:. It's actually quite surprising what happened with Augustin, letting you know close to the end of the transfer window!

This surely is going to be a big challenge for you, very exciting situation. Really curious to see if you were able to get a new striker in the final hours of January!! :BSCARF: These kind of unexpected situations definitely add a lot to the ML save. Are you playing in classic or challenge mode? It'll be very interesting to see what Manager Eto can do in terms of signings and creativity to replace your big bomber!! I think this situation will truly test your team, especially with your upcoming European matchup.

Speaking of which. Oh man, facing none other than your dear LAZIO in the second round of the Italia Cup.... Can't imagine what it's like! Thankfully I've never had to face Millos in any of my ML's or Cups, talk about mixed feelings!! This is getting very exciting.. Can't wait to hear your next update man!! :BSCARF: :TU:

Also bro, good luck against Lille in the Europa League!!!! They are in my group against Reggina, you'll see very soon. :)

That's so cool Ronaldo "rebelled" in your save :LOL: ! I think it's kind of realistic for it to happen to a star sometimes, after all we see it in rl too. Yeah, it indeed adds a lot to the story and I'm glad they put it in. Even if it's not still ideal in many ways, I'm finding out 21 ML has enough going on to keep things decently eventful and interesting.

I'm playing with transfers at fairly hard (just a notch before the hardest setting), there is no challenge mode unfortunately here :P . About manager K. Eto, I randomly choosed him in the start of the save as he gave me the idea of a seasoned veteran of asian football (wanting now to prove his worth in Europe as well, at least in my story), but I did a quick research and can't find him anywhere in real life, only other reference being a 47 years old midfielder in Pes 20 (that now supposedly retired and became a coach in game). Does this guy exist at all :BLINK:? I've always given for granted all available coaches besides the other superstars were not famous, but real life guys too:CRY:.

By the way, after the snatch of Augustin, all my other main market targets failed: argentinian De La Vega and belgian Boussaid, both wingers, refused to come in despite being in the scouting watch, but in the end I managed to buy stony CB Ross and AMF Anjorin; decided I'll rely on Wind and Kaufmann, both big target men I sacrificed a bit when I had Augustin, as my main strikers, while I'll give some depth to the AMF role (where I usually sacrificed Wind when poor stamina Chakvetadze gave up) and to the defense.

Yeah the Lazio bout will be nice, even if to tell you the truth I've always been kinda detached from my team in football games lol. I also very very rarely do ML or careers with them, probably the fact I know the club through and through unconsciouly breaks immersion too much to me.
Looking forward to see what will happen in your Reggina save, Lille surely has been a tough one these latest years :RSCARF:

@Madmac79 Right, I always forget there's no challenge mode in PES 2021. :LOL:

You know bro it's funny with me it's the opposite. I love playing with Millos, sometimes with somewhat "alternate" realities,, or with a slightly different roster. For some reason when I play with my team it increases the immersion, maybe because there's an extra "emotional" factor when I put them in different situations, like the 3-Stars Cup for example!

As for the coaches, I think some of them don't exist. For example, our dear Peruvian "who in @slamsoze's world became Japanese" :LOL: J. Enguiz. I don't think he exists, but he is still listed as a 41-year old midfielder. https://www.pesmaster.com/es/j-enguiz/pes-2020/player/65348/ haha I find this pretty interesting, it's the same case as with Eto! I think they are completely invented managers who for some reason are also listed as older players.

As for the "veteran Asian coach".. Just wait bro. I have a future planned ML with an invented Asian Coach, a manager, maybe from a small Korean community and a former high-school coach as well. That story has been in my plans for a long long time. But first things first. Grande Gol Di Lapadulaaaa. :RSCARF:

@Madmac79 BTW bro, I absolutely love the idea of an Asian or South American manager wanting to prove themselves in Europe storyline. I did something similar with Comizzo (who in this case was an Argentinean Exile in Japan, so it was kind of a reverse type of deal), but I think this adds so much to the stories. It's like South American players.. For every Veron or Neymar (who have proven themselves as winners in South America and then go on to have successfull careers in Europe), there are also a lot of players like Matias Fernandez (who was South America's player of the year 2006 with Colo-Colo but didn't make an impact in Europe). The same thing could be done with managers.. For example, River's Marcelo Gallardo.... He has won everything in South America and is now looking for a job.. Will he be able to succeed in Europe? A similar deal with Asian managers.. Such a cool storyline. :)

@Madmac79 BTW bro, I absolutely love the idea of an Asian or South American manager wanting to prove themselves in Europe storyline. I did something similar with Comizzo (who in this case was an Argentinean Exile in Japan, so it was kind of a reverse type of deal), but I think this adds so much to the stories. It's like South American players.. For every Veron or Neymar (who have proven themselves as winners in South America and then go on to have successfull careers in Europe), there are also a lot of players like Matias Fernandez (who was South America's player of the year 2006 with Colo-Colo but didn't make an impact in Europe). The same thing could be done with managers.. For example, River's Marcelo Gallardo.... He has won everything in South America and is now looking for a job.. Will he be able to succeed in Europe? A similar deal with Asian managers.. Such a cool storyline. :)
The problem is, the National Team offers, is basically broken or rigid to say it more properly, if you are planning to manage a NT in the future. The nationality you pick 9/10 times is the first NT team to offer you a position, with the rest being randomised from an almost "standard" pool. So let's say i want to manage Lichtenstein and make a RtG in the save. If i don't pick my manager to have Lichtenstein nationality, it is practically impossible to recieve an offer from Lichtenstein NT , at least for the very first 5-6 seasons, that i usually play. And the rest teams, as long as you are doing a mediorce job, are usually some Bosnia or another mid-EU team, than Ghana and/or another African nation, like Burkina Faso etc, and then some mid-tier South AMerican team like Peru, and then some USA or Mexico, and an Asian team.

But especially for Europe, depsite all 55 UEFA nations do exist, it's pretty soft-locked what teams propose to you.

Of course, if you don't plan to manage a National Team, that's not even a problem. I mean, i didn't have a problem my avatar to be Peruvian, but i would recieve an offer from Peru NT, sooner or latter.

I don't maybe it's a stupid reason, to contain the options, but it's still an issue for me.

@slamsoze Ahh I see. :) I've never actually managed an NT in Master League as it doesn't seem too realistic to me. I don't think there's been any rl case where a club coach manages an NT at the same time, so it kinda breaks immersion for me. :LOL: I think it would be cool if there was a manager option just to play as NT manager, with scouting and stuff like that. Kind of a "road to the world cup" mode. Then again, it would be hard to fill up the NT Master League with options and extras so that's probably why they paired it off with the club experience!

In anycase, I think J. Enguiz looks a bit Asian too, so having him as a Japanese manager works too. Now that I remember correctly, I had him as a "half Japanese half Peruvian assistant coach" in my Comizzo save, take a look at this post, so it works perfectly and is a believable avatar for a young Japanese manager. :TU:

Back
Top Bottom