The Master League adventures thread

A bunch of stinkers for my Roma, gambled with my b squad vs Salernitana in the cup, got smashed 5-2 over two games and I'm out.
Next up after that was Torino, a game that didn't go my at all, not one single touch, passes passing my players by etc and I lost 1-0
IMG_20240625_234245.jpg
Turned things around by beating Atalanta 3-1 away and my next game is Sampdoria at home, a must win.

Santos - Season 2 Summary (PES2021)

I have finally finished season 2 of my Santos save and it was a very successful season as we looked to adapt back to life in Serie A.

I mentioned in my last update that we crashed out of the Copa do Brasil which takes place before the league season starts. This meant that we only had the league season and Copa Libertadores campaign to focus on.

We started the season really well and found ourselves within touching distance of the top of the table at the midway point. Unfortunately, as we progressed further in the Copa Libertadores and the matches piled up we did not have the squad depth to continue our form. As a result the second half of the season was pretty inconsistent, with a few winning streaks accompanied by frustrating draws and losses. We just did not have the depth to compete on two fronts with games coming every 2-3 days. Despite a short period in the second half of the season where it looked like we may unexpectedly challenge for the title, we finished in 2nd place and runners up to Flamengo. In truth, Flamengo were the team to beat again and never really looked like slipping up as they claimed a second consecutive Serie A title.

IMG_3157.jpeg

The relegation scrap was an interesting one and we had a massive say in it as we played 3 of the teams fighting for survival in our last 3 games. In the end, it was Goiás who make an immediate return to Serie B alongside Vitoria, Coritiba and Botafogo.

Ponte Preta claimed the Serie B title to gain promotion to the top flight and Vasco Da Gama make an immediate return following their relegation the season before. Chapecoense and CRB made up the other two promoted teams.

IMG_3158.jpeg

We had a fantastic run in the Copa Libertadores. We managed to beat Flamengo in an epic all Brazilian Quarter Final, comfortably beating them over two legs. We were drawn against Palmeiras in another all Brazilian tie but unfortunately we could not repeat our heroics and we bowed out in the semi final.

It was Argentina vs Brazil in the final as River Plate defeated Palmeiras on penalties to bring the title back to Argentina.

IMG_3159.jpeg

All in all, a fantastic season for us - Comfortably establishing ourselves back in Serie A coupled with a solid run in the Copa Libertadores.

Ahead of season 3, we have already started a bit of a rebuild with 7 new signings. We’ve not strengthened too much in the last couple of seasons but a good run in the Copa Libertadores and a high finish in the league gave us the funds to make some key signings.

Igor Jesus and Clayson look like really exciting signings for us. Jesus joins from relegated Coritiba, but at 21 he has lots of room to develop. Clayson is a ready made player who joins from divisional rivals Bahia and will hopefully add some real quality. We’ve added depth and strengthened across the whole squad to hopefully help us avoid the fatigue/rotation issues that cost us at times last season.

IMG_3163.jpeg

Here’s hoping we can challenge for some trophies and enjoy a successful 3rd season!

Santos - Season 2 Summary (PES2021)

I have finally finished season 2 of my Santos save and it was a very successful season as we looked to adapt back to life in Serie A.

I mentioned in my last update that we crashed out of the Copa do Brasil which takes place before the league season starts. This meant that we only had the league season and Copa Libertadores campaign to focus on.

We started the season really well and found ourselves within touching distance of the top of the table at the midway point. Unfortunately, as we progressed further in the Copa Libertadores and the matches piled up we did not have the squad depth to continue our form. As a result the second half of the season was pretty inconsistent, with a few winning streaks accompanied by frustrating draws and losses. We just did not have the depth to compete on two fronts with games coming every 2-3 days. Despite a short period in the second half of the season where it looked like we may unexpectedly challenge for the title, we finished in 2nd place and runners up to Flamengo. In truth, Flamengo were the team to beat again and never really looked like slipping up as they claimed a second consecutive Serie A title.

View attachment 287652

The relegation scrap was an interesting one and we had a massive say in it as we played 3 of the teams fighting for survival in our last 3 games. In the end, it was Goiás who make an immediate return to Serie B alongside Vitoria, Coritiba and Botafogo.

Ponte Preta claimed the Serie B title to gain promotion to the top flight and Vasco Da Gama make an immediate return following their relegation the season before. Chapecoense and CRB made up the other two promoted teams.

View attachment 287653

We had a fantastic run in the Copa Libertadores. We managed to beat Flamengo in an epic all Brazilian Quarter Final, comfortably beating them over two legs. We were drawn against Palmeiras in another all Brazilian tie but unfortunately we could not repeat our heroics and we bowed out in the semi final.

It was Argentina vs Brazil in the final as River Plate defeated Palmeiras on penalties to bring the title back to Argentina.

View attachment 287654

All in all, a fantastic season for us - Comfortably establishing ourselves back in Serie A coupled with a solid run in the Copa Libertadores.

Ahead of season 3, we have already started a bit of a rebuild with 7 new signings. We’ve not strengthened too much in the last couple of seasons but a good run in the Copa Libertadores and a high finish in the league gave us the funds to make some key signings.

Igor Jesus and Clayson look like really exciting signings for us. Jesus joins from relegated Coritiba, but at 21 he has lots of room to develop. Clayson is a ready made player who joins from divisional rivals Bahia and will hopefully add some real quality. We’ve added depth and strengthened across the whole squad to hopefully help us avoid the fatigue/rotation issues that cost us at times last season.

View attachment 287655

Here’s hoping we can challenge for some trophies and enjoy a successful 3rd season!
A really good season buddy, trophies will come next season for sure.
Really fun playing with a league outside europe must do it soon as well
Good luck buddy

Can't buy a goal atm on my Roma ML, yet i play 20 min games.
Every rebound ends up with my opponents, no zip to the shots either.
I know there's ups and downs in a ML, but seriously starting to look at Pes 18 etc for a ML.

Still giving it a few more matches,, but a bit bored with the soft shots etc
27 games played and tied at 5th

Seems like i posted in the wrong thread, so here it is in the right one.
Frosinone at home and after my last 3-4 games I dreaded another 0-0 game but...
I was 3-0 up after 13 min, and Nicola Zaniolo had its hattrick
Closed the game early by making it 4-0 after 27 min and the rest was just me trying new and fun attacking patterns.
Funny how this game changes its gameplay.
IMG_20240630_233954.jpg
Really a fun game to play, also won in the last 32 of the Europa League vs Rennes 1-0 (first leg)
Next up is Salernitana away.
Not ready to pack PES 20 in yet.

Can't buy a goal atm on my Roma ML, yet i play 20 min games.
Every rebound ends up with my opponents, no zip to the shots either.
I know there's ups and downs in a ML, but seriously starting to look at Pes 18 etc for a ML.

Still giving it a few more matches,, but a bit bored with the soft shots etc
27 games played and tied at 5th

I’ve played a lot of PES 20/21 and in both games you definitely experience these slumps every now and then where nothing seems to work.

I always put it down to scripting and the games way of reigning you back in after a decent run of results. Sounds like you have managed to crack it now though mate with a great win in your last match - I’m sure the wins will start flowing again 👍🏻

I’ve played a lot of PES 20/21 and in both games you definitely experience these slumps every now and then where nothing seems to work.

I always put it down to scripting and the games way of reigning you back in after a decent run of results. Sounds like you have managed to crack it now though mate with a great win in your last match - I’m sure the wins will start flowing again 👍🏻
Cheers buddy think I'll have a good spell coming, think I need to get back to PA0 again as well to make the game a bit more random/varied

Cheers buddy think I'll have a good spell coming, think I need to get back to PA0 again as well to make the game a bit more random/varied

Good luck mate - I’ve gone back and forth with PA0, I’m back to PA1 now but I really need to stick with manual as you do get a better and more realistic experience.

In my case, I'm almost exclusively a PA1 player, I like the stats passing weight. :) But sometimes I dabble in PA0 and it can be fun too.

@Kopite1990 Man, you dominated your Copa Libertadores groupstage! Getting a win at the mythical Bombonera is indeed great, as it is considered one of the toughest fields in South America.. And then progressing all the way to the Semifinals!! Losing to Palmeiras is no laughing matter.. They've been on a tear lately, winning 2 Copa Libertadores in a row (I reckon you faced their best team, 2020-21 under Abel Ferreira)!

Something I find interesting though is that River won, breaking the Brazilian dominance in the Copa. Brazilian teams have won 4 straight Libertadores and are catching up!

In fact, I also lost to Palmeiras in my first ML adventure with my dear Millonarios, also in the semifinals. But it was an amazing run!!
https://evoweb.uk/threads/millossobeks-master-league-written-stories.88367/#post-3753997

I like how your Santos is looking, very realistic ratings bro!! I like it when teams build slowly.. Oh, here's a tip: You can set your budget in PES 2021 so that proceeds go more to your salary/transfer budget according to need!

Looking forward to your third season!! :TU:

In my case, I'm almost exclusively a PA1 player, I like the stats passing weight. :) But sometimes I dabble in PA0 and it can be fun too.

@Kopite1990 Man, you dominated your Copa Libertadores groupstage! Getting a win at the mythical Bombonera is indeed great, as it is considered one of the toughest fields in South America.. And then progressing all the way to the Semifinals!! Losing to Palmeiras is no laughing matter.. They've been on a tear lately, winning 2 Copa Libertadores in a row (I reckon you faced their best team, 2020-21 under Abel Ferreira)!

Something I find interesting though is that River won, breaking the Brazilian dominance in the Copa. Brazilian teams have won 4 straight Libertadores and are catching up!

In fact, I also lost to Palmeiras in my first ML adventure with my dear Millonarios, also in the semifinals. But it was an amazing run!!
https://evoweb.uk/threads/millossobeks-master-league-written-stories.88367/#post-3753997

I like how your Santos is looking, very realistic ratings bro!! I like it when teams build slowly.. Oh, here's a tip: You can set your budget in PES 2021 so that proceeds go more to your salary/transfer budget according to need!

Looking forward to your third season!! :TU:

Nice one Milloss! The Palmeiras team in PES21 are pretty good, they have the best OVR with Flamengo but weirdly enough they did not do too well in Serie A. They were too good for us over two legs though unfortunately.

You’re right - River Plate ended the Brazilian dominance but hopefully Santos can have a say on who will be lifting the trophy this season. Fingers crossed we can have a stab at bringing it back to Brazil.

I just caught up on your Millonarios save too - Hard lines mate but it looks like you had a great save with them. I will go back and read your stories on that one for definite 👍🏻 I also noticed Salazar in your lineup, one my favourite players from my PES United save. A real unsung hero.

I’m really enjoying the save at the moment and trying to keep things as realistic as possible to hopefully add to the longevity 👍🏻

Since xbox has been acting up all night and not being able to log in, i picked up a started ML on PES 21 on pc.
Salernitana, horrible squad and a horrible TS making it tough as hell, enjoyed my game vs Sassuolo, scraped by with a 0-0 draw.

Gotta say that i feel and see a difference between PES 20 and 21, cant really point out what, but a difference for sure
Going to keep this as my back up (self harm) ML , its a struggle for sure:)

Back with my Pes 20 ML and it feels a bit faster than 21, but I'm going to finish this season at least.
A tight and hard fought game Vs Salernitana (funnily enough) had me winning it in the end.
Zaniolo is on fire, 4 goals in 2 games.
Next one is the second game Vs Rennes in the EL last 32
IMG_20240703_003855.jpg

And back to my Pes 21 ML with Salernitana.
Had a very good and random game Vs Bologna, I've been struggling a lot in this ML but it all came together Vs them
A solid 4-1 win, really satisfying
IMG_20240703_121432.jpg

Feeling the difference for sure between my pes 20&21, think the pace is better for sure on 21.
Bit of an issue with player switching, think it's better on 20 but could be the platform/patch etc.
Still a great game

And back to my Pes 21 ML with Salernitana.
Had a very good and random game Vs Bologna, I've been struggling a lot in this ML but it all came together Vs them
A solid 4-1 win, really satisfying
View attachment 288829

Feeling the difference for sure between my pes 20&21, think the pace is better for sure on 21.
Bit of an issue with player switching, think it's better on 20 but could be the platform/patch etc.
Still a great game

Great win mate, nothing more satisfying than when it all comes together. Crazy to think PES21/20 are 3-4 years old now and still better than any football game that we have had served up in recent years. Football games are in such a sorry state, unfortunately I don’t see it improving any time soon either 🤦🏻‍♂️

Great win mate, nothing more satisfying than when it all comes together. Crazy to think PES21/20 are 3-4 years old now and still better than any football game that we have had served up in recent years. Football games are in such a sorry state, unfortunately I don’t see it improving any time soon either 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sure is a sad state when it comes to football games nowadays.
Really had a fun and good game, even scored outside the box.

Down to 15th place with my Salernitana after a string of bad games.
WLWLLL and my Team spirit is growing (68) and even if the team feels stronger, I've had a tough time playing pretty good teams lately.
I have two games coming up that should get me some points, Genoa away but most importantly HellasVerona at home.
Need a win in one of those game to avoid relegation zone.

Finance's aren't the sharpest either, expecting to sign at least two players (a CM and a CB).

So my away game to Genoa turned in to a 5-2 beating, absolute stinker of a game, Genoa scored on pretty much every shot, my defenders were all over the place.
That loss made it 4 straight losses for me, and my form is down in the dumps for sure.

HellasVerona at home is a must win to secure some stability, proved to be tougher than i thought,
1-0 down after 30 mins, but kept on pounding the box with crosses trying to get some result.
Took me 70 mins to score an equalizer and that came from a tap in after a corner, and 5 mins later a shot from my striker made it 2-1.
Last 10-15 min was a bombardment from Verona and my gk were keeping us in the game.
2-1 and finally a win, well deserved tbh
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-07-04 14_02_39.png

Not a safe situation but some space sown to relegation which feels good
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-07-04 14_03_49.png

Next three games will be a nightmare, Napoli away, Juventus at hpme then Roma away.
Dont expect any points from those games

Last edited:
Did you create Paolo Maldini or is there any trick to get him in (through some unlocked legends for example) ? He's not one of the legends you can choose as coach, as far as I know.

Did you create Paolo Maldini or is there any trick to get him in (through some unlocked legends for example) ? He's not one of the legends you can choose as coach, as far as I know.
Hes in the game, could be that im playing a patched game (smokepatch)
Most likely a from the patch, and yes his face is in as well

@rockstrongo Salernitana have always been a bottom-table team in the two Italian stories I've played. It's cool to see that you are trying to establish an identity with them! A point in any of the next 3 matches would be a bonus.. As long as you stay off the bottom 3, it's going to be an interesting battle! :TU:

Last edited:
So my away game to Genoa turned in to a 5-2 beating, absolute stinker of a game, Genoa scored on pretty much every shot, my defenders were all over the place.
That loss made it 4 straight losses for me, and my form is down in the dumps for sure.

HellasVerona at home is a must win to secure some stability, proved to be tougher than i thought,
1-0 down after 30 mins, but kept on pounding the box with crosses trying to get some result.
Took me 70 mins to score an equalizer and that came from a tap in after a corner, and 5 mins later a shot from my striker made it 2-1.
Last 10-15 min was a bombardment from Verona and my gk were keeping us in the game.
2-1 and finally a win, well deserved tbh
View attachment 289036

Not a safe situation but some space sown to relegation which feels good
View attachment 289042

Next three games will be a nightmare, Napoli away, Juventus at hpme then Roma away.
Dont expect any points from those games

Some tough games coming up mate but I’m sure you will get some points out of them - Weirdly, in both PES20 and 21, I find the higher rated teams a little bit easier to play against and tend to drop my points against the teams who I should be beating quite easily. The higher rated teams always seem a little bit more open.

Loving the realism of the save though mate. Out of interest, what difficulty do you play?

@rockstrongo Salernitana have always been a bottom-table team in the two Italian stories I've played. It's cool to see that you are trying to establish an identity with them! A point in any of the next 3 matches would be a bonus.. As long as you stay off the bottom 3, it's going to be an interesting battle! :TU:
Had a 3 year run with them on pes 20, really loved it.
Will keep them going, low finances and a crappy team makes it interesting, aiming for a top 5 position with in 3 seasons

Some tough games coming up mate but I’m sure you will get some points out of them - Weirdly, in both PES20 and 21, I find the higher rated teams a little bit easier to play against and tend to drop my points against the teams who I should be beating quite easily. The higher rated teams always seem a little bit more open.

Loving the realism of the save though mate. Out of interest, what difficulty do you play?
Same here, often play better Vs top teams, especially when I have a good team spirit.
Top player PA0 and basic shooting, should go fuma since it's a bit more random, but have t done that since pes 17
Thanks buddy

Season 3 Update (PES2021) - Early season heartbreak for Santos…

It has been a really exciting start to season 3 in my Santos PES21 save. Our new signings have bedded in well and the difference in quality across the squad is evident compared to last season.

Our first aim was to have a good run in the Copa do Brasil and hopefully go all the way. We were given a tough side of the draw but we quickly hit our stride as we knocked out Palmeiras, São Paulo and Cruzeiro en route to the final.

The Copa do Brasil still has two legs in the final, meaning we would face Athletico Paranaense both home and away in order to determine who would win the cup. Unfortunately we fell to a 1-0 defeat away from home in the first leg, but a narrow loss meant that we had every chance of turning it around in the home leg. We started off brilliantly and went 1 nil up before half time. Unfortunately the game fizzled out a bit after that and both teams cancelled each other out.

Eventually, we ended up at penalties and I knew my fate was sealed 😂 It’s my main issue with PES21, I have never won a penalty shootout and they are evidently scripted. I play on Superstar so not sure what it is like across the other difficulties, but as expected the AI keeper guessed the right way every single time and we were defeated in the shootout. We probably did not do enough over the two legs to have too many complaints, but it still felt like a cruel way to lose.

IMG_3232.jpeg

Our deep run into the Copa do Brasil also coincided with the start of the Copa Libertadores group stage. We were given a fairly decent group, drawn alongside current champions River Plate and Ecuadorian clubs Católica and Liga De Quito. Unfortunately the games piled up, with only a 2-3 day break in between the Copa Libertadores games and our cup matches.

Naturally, I favoured the cup competition as we looked to win some silverware but unfortunately the squad rotation really damaged our group stage form. Despite a win in our last match against River Plate, we crashed out at the first hurdle with just 6 points from 6 games.

IMG_3233.jpeg

IMG_3234.jpeg

A really poor showing from us after reaching the semi-final last season.

…but on the plus side, our signings have really hit the ground running and our Copa do Brasil run has proven that we can mix it with the best teams in Serie A. With only the league to focus on now, a lack of fixture congestion could help us maintain our early season form which sees us topping the table. Flamengo have dropped some early points and although we are only 10 games in it looks like we may have a more open title race this season.

IMG_3235.jpeg

Last edited:
@Kopite1990 Rough to hear about your Copa season, thats were you want to go far, domestic cup is alright if ended early ( if youre still in the mix for itl cup by league)
then again full focus on the league now buddy, some silverware coming up hopefully

Two games played for me, the first one i had to do a do over since i made a horrinle mistake afterwards in the transfer window.
Lost 2-0 to Roma, to bad since i had drawn them in my first game 1-1, but had to replay it.
Not much to say about it
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-07-08 19_16_44.png

Second game was vs Sampdoria at home, won easily 4-0, could have been a bigger win, but 4-0 is quite alright
eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE 2024-07-08 19_12_44.png

My next 3 games are of the "easier" type of hames, Cagliari/Spezia/Venezia so i guess ill get fuck all from them...
Still in 15th place, but 6 points down to the relegation zone, so if i can grab 3-6 points next 3 games im quite comfy going fw.
Made a signing in the winter window as well, a 77 ovr CB, im trying to add a new good player each window starting with my central line

Back
Top Bottom