The Random Crap Thread

Is it a natural instinct?
My brain is certainly wired that way.

I do it, and I think it's a hangover (because I'm old) of using landlines because the vast, vast majority of area codes are five numbers long. So I've just carried that over.

But not everyone does. It came to me yesterday as someone read out my phone number to confirm it in a 4-4-3. My brain almost literally melted. I read it back to her the 'proper' way to get her to confirm what she had on file!

Like My first office phone. The business I worked for was phone number 636363, hard to forget.

We used to have this bad boy, that me mam used to lock. But we used to tap the number out on the receiver, getting zero was always a gamble though, just the right amount of pause would do it (if i remember correctly) :DD

d2dc9214cfaef6f415a52d99595fee1f.jpg

I put it to pals in WhatsApp groups and all kinds of shite came back, including 3-3-2-3 and 3-3-3-2. What kind of fresh hell is this?

That's just not right.
I remember when they first added a number to the area codes it causing a bit of confusion for a while before settling into the 5-3-3. I think it was a 4-3-3 originally (as the area code was just 4 digits). Those 3-3-2-3 types are like Jonny Foreigner Manager's coming to the old English Division 1 in the eighties with their la-de-da formations against our rigid 4-4-2's!

That's just not right.
I remember when they first added a number to the area codes it causing a bit of confusion for a while before settling into the 5-3-3. I think it was a 4-3-3 originally (as the area code was just 4 digits). Those 3-3-2-3 types are like Jonny Foreigner Manager's coming to the old English Division 1 in the eighties with their la-de-da formations against our rigid 4-4-2's!

I'd take the cumbersome, aggressive, 5-6 formation over any of these silly ones with 3 or 4 'at the back'.

Someone left me a voicemail message yesterday, in which she read out her number slowly, twice, in the 5-3-3. That is your blueprint for a solid voicemail message.

I see that doesn't strike at the heart of the matter. I might fill that void on YT, denouncing anything other than 5-3-3.

I say "zero" instead of "oh". I think the further north you go in the UK, "oh" becomes less distinguishable by pronunciation. For ease, I go with "zero". I could put on my posh phone voice, but... arsed.

It's a strange one is 0 when you think about it. I say oh for phone numbers. Then you have zero. But get to football and it has to be nil. Or occasionally you might hear they won 3 nothing. Then of course you have nought as well. Then the slang of zip or nada and probably some I haven't thought of here.

Then you have one. Simple.

This brings me nicely to a pissed off post.

Whenever there is some kind of big news why is it on every channel - isn't that the whole point of 24hr news channels? Sure, have a news flash but then can we continue with the schedule and keep the news on the, erm, news channel where people who wish to watch the 10 minute cycle of the same news until something new happens can do so.

And another thing on the news, why do they send reporters to places in stories to tell us things like "this is the house where the murder took place." Ok, a picture of it on the screen would have done, the news reader could have told us that. You don't need to send someone to go stand outside the house like some ghoul.

Whenever something happens to the royal family, I'm always taken aback that there are people who think it's something other than a ludicrous, anachronistic circus.

This brings me nicely to a pissed off post.

Whenever there is some kind of big news why is it on every channel - isn't that the whole point of 24hr news channels? Sure, have a news flash but then can we continue with the schedule and keep the news on the, erm, news channel where people who wish to watch the 10 minute cycle of the same news until something new happens can do so.

And another thing on the news, why do they send reporters to places in stories to tell us things like "this is the house where the murder took place." Ok, a picture of it on the screen would have done, the news reader could have told us that. You don't need to send someone to go stand outside the house like some ghoul.

I love how the BBC have felt the need to broadcast it to overkill proportions on BBC1 and BBC2. What about the covid situation BBC? you have seen fit to ram that down our throats everyday for the last year. What ever will we do? (sarcasm) without your up to the minute (overbearing) reporting.

And over on the other side we have yet again the darling of ITV Philip Schofield ticking the boxes on the royal mourn fest.

So it's Stuff the licence payers.They just take the money and do what they like. Be smart like Buzzy and tell them to do one. :RANT:

Agree about the royalty bullshit.Like..Kings..Queens..What is this fucking 1750..?
Just ludicrous that this is even a thing today.They're basically a bunch of spoilt rich as fuck people who never worked in their life and society gives them huge amounts of money for some reason..money of other hard working people..And some people like this shit and support it for some reason lol..
Crazy..I remember hearing somewhere on the news or whatever that when Elizabeth dies it will be a big hit for some reason that i don't remember now to the British economy and all the citizens will have to pay an extra tax or something and all this combined is many millions..go figure..

For me, at the moment all sounds like this:

Tween wave poo here crap there. I don't know why. Pes or Fifa /football in genrell or music = tween wave.

Is it normal? 💩🙈🙉

Does anyone else has issues with Google services at general lately? In my mobile phone, everything Google related goes a little bit slower lately, with not responding messages from time to time and in my PC, it gives me some crazy slowdowns to not responding, without any obvious reason even without any tab open, only the browser, with very random but rare moments during the day.
Also lately the Google Algorithm when Google-searching, seems as it has become a little bit more dump. For the same search with same key words as i the past, it seems to have issues now, especially when i am misspelling. In the past even in misspells , it used to suggest me to correct key word and give me results for that word.

Finally , whenever i miss to hit spacebar between words, the results now are to a BING! or a YAHOO! , level from time time. This looks also as new issue to me.

First Biontech update succesful installed and I'm hopefull to finish the lockdown soon here in germany.

But my arm hurt a little bit. :ACHOO: (no guys, not from musturbating... the vaccine) :BRMM:

edit: maybe you don't understand me because my bad english becomes to weird letters. It should just be a little joke. So laughning is better for your minds in such sad times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom