The Retrogaming Thread! [8-bit/16-bit/32-bit/64-bit]

AGAIN i found the mix between the HD and the basic version out on PS3. A Neo Geo or PS1 could have done it but well, just to show you what i'm waiting where a 2D remake is announced :

@vialli82 I think I might've posted it before, but still I think it's ok to re-post games if we want to expand about them lol. :LOL: in anycase, Speedball looks cool! I wish there were more of these "hybrid"sports games, like a whole new sport being invented! Speedball definitely looks high-paced and fun! :TU:

Going back a bit into wrestling games, just saw this one for SNES! Listen to this review: Technos "Funaki Masakatsu Hybrid Wrestler: Tōgi Denshō" is rather unique for it's career mode. After making your wrestler and along the way you get the option to get married to a spouse of your choice. The result of said marriage is a son who on his 8th birthday will became a wrestler that inherits his father's uniform and finishing moves"

LOL!!!! I think that's awesome !! :LMAO:

Last edited:
I think @vialli82 mentioned it before, but I don't recall ever playing Capcom's Soccer Shootout for the SNES, as I was more focused on International Superstar Soccer and Hat Trick Hero, but I'm sure some of you guys might be familiar with it. In anycase, looks pretty solid for its time. :TU:

Last edited:
Being that @fear was mentioning wrestling in another thread.. I also like wrestling, the show, the storytelling, and also the video games. :) I remember I played this one so much back in the day, to this day one of my favorite WWF games ever! You fans of wrestling games, should give it a try. One of the classics.

And of course, (I posted this one before, but I repost since it is related to the theme), perhaps my favorite wrestling game of all time.. SNES' Super Fire Pro Wrestling Premium! This is a great game, the most customizable 16 bit wrestling game ever, with tons of moves and I also loved the grappling/special attacks system. :TU:

Here is a completely new (to me) fighting franchise that I'd never heard of, Asuka 120%! Looks pretty cool, this is the Sega Saturn version, love the combos and how it looks.. Looks like one of those games which was more specifically built for the Japanese market I believe there is also a PSX version, and more surprisingly, also one for PC Engine! :) In anycase, always pleasantly surprised to see an old-school franchise that I had never heard of before, and this one looks like it has been around for a while!

Guys, I've downloaded "Fire Pro Wrestling Returns" fpr the PCSX2 emulator! Great game, a worthy addition to the Super Fire Pro Wrestling series from the SNES! Looking into it, I had no idea that this saga had progressed beyond SNES! It plays basically like SFPW from SNES, but with more moves, more editing options (almost 1000 faces and outfits) and larger, more detaield graphics, What I like the most about it though is the "timed grapple" system, which remains faithful to the original editions. A must have for wrestling fanatics! :TU:

Last edited:
Bro i'm sorry but i never been a fan of Westrling games at all :LMAO: Well the only one because i followed catch was WWF Westremania on NES, but the rest i really didn't carried. Well everyone his taste. Like Golf games : it's not that i don't like it, but i found it boring, just my own perspective don't open the fire on me 😅
Except Saturday's Night Slam Master (with Haggar on it) which is a mix between a 1 vs 1 but played with a BTU. A great game but not totally catch sim like i said on the last paragraph, patterns and all doesn't looks like a classic Wrestling game. the 2 and the 3 are looking awesome, but never been out except on Arcade

Saturday's Night Slam Master Arcade, Snes Megadrive

There's also Midway's (R.I.P : a company brought it) WWF Westrlemania Arcade but it was a bit difficulte to handle and i never tried too mutch that version, wasn't interested by it + small roster. I think there's only 6 players on 16 bits or only on megadrive : they removed YOKOZUNA the legend.

But now, rewatching the game in comparison to other catch game which i found pretty slow and more like a tactical than a direct fight, that one seems really dynamic in comparison to every other Catchs games.
Well, in fact i post the two who doesn't really fit to Wrestling games standard that's why i like them lol

WWF Westlermania Arcade : Many ports, but the most intersting are by order Saturn/PSX, 32X, Snes, Megadrive.

I was a huge fan of wrestling. Consumed Smackdown Shut your mouth! and Here comes the Pain on the Ps2.. I remember especially the latter, it was sort of a Pes 5 of wrestling games, with me and my friends creating wrestlers, playing a lot one vs another and so on. Shame there were a lot of exploits and submissions were so hard to pull off tho lol.. but all in all it was a really solid one. From Smackdown vs Raw onwards game lost his charm to me (even cause I was losing interest on wrestling in general and focusing all my "combat" hunger on MMA).

@millossobek FPW always made me curious, but the fact there is no true career in any of those (correct me if I'm wrong) is too much of a turn off. To me wrestling is storylines and rivalities at least as much as it is ring action.. can't play one withouth the other. By the way, another thing I liked on paper about FPW is that it also reproduced MMA.. of which as I said I'm a great fan. Unfortunately from the videos of it I saw it's still very wrestlingly as a mode, but nevermind.. after all, if you have some kind of eye for it, MMA complexity and phases are really too tricky to reproduce on a videogame (don't want to sound "elitist" but even modern stuff like UFC Undisputed looks so dull and barebones to me).

@vialli82 both games you posted looks more precisely like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat on a ring 😂.. which is fine. Shame I never played it them at the times, they look like some arcade fun.

I liked to view Wrestling in the 90's to start 2000 then to me it became ridiculous when they started their stories like a bad soap.

Well i don't like that much "real" game of wrestling for a weird reason : because there's no fight but a choregraphy lol. I got hard to play like if it was serious.
But no joke, in term of "Real/Street" fighting, there's 2 type of sportive you better avoid having problem with :

-Boxers (on jab and it's done. It's ultra fast. I know an ex pro boxer lightweight and it's impressive)
-Wrestler (their train is painfull as hell. They don't even feel pain. You can't do anything, MMA got rules but not in the street)

I ain't a street fighter lol but i know from my youth and some other youth... And i just like Martial Arts, even mode Sports Science debate vs it.
Well without talking about killing (otherwhise a crazy soldier or a pro assassin kill everyone : finger in the eyes, fist on the trachea etc.)

Those things are learned when you reach a high level in Martial Arts, MMA isn't the most powerful sport/martial arts. There's rules, were for example in advanced Ju-Jistu or even "simple" Karate everyone saying it's shit, you learn things not really sportive, more to kill (Martial Arts > War Arts)but effective if you're against someone who wants to kill you. Karate was create to be able to fight when you're fighting against a samurai who still got weapons so... Not so weak, just school can't learn everything in Karate, Jiu-Jitsu (to me the most complete also ancient martial arts) etc.

Last edited:
I liked to view Wrestling in the 90's to start 2000 then to me it became ridiculous when they started their stories like a bad soap.

Well i don't like that much "real" game of wrestling for a weird reason : because there's no fight but a choregraphy lol. I got hard to play like if it was serious.
But no joke, in term of "Real/Street" fighting, there's 2 type of sportive you better avoid having problem with :

-Boxers (on jab and it's done. It's ultra fast. I know an ex pro boxer lightweight and it's impressive)
-Wrestler (their train is painfull as hell. They don't even feel pain. You can't do anything, MMA got rules but not in the street)

I ain't a street fighter lol but i know from my youth and some other youth... And i just like Martial Arts, even mode Sports Science debate vs it.
Well without talking about killing (otherwhise a crazy soldier or a pro assassin kill everyone : finger in the eyes, fist on the trachea etc.)

Those things are learned when you reach a high level in Martial Arts, MMA isn't the most powerful sport/martial arts. There's rules, were for example in advanced Ju-Jistu or even "simple" Karate everyone saying it's shit, you learn things not really sportive, more to kill (Martial Arts > War Arts)but effective if you're against someone who wants to kill you. Karate was create to be able to fight when you're fighting against a samurai who still got weapons so... Not so weak, just school can't learn everything in Karate, Jiu-Jitsu (to me the most complete also ancient martial arts) etc.

Oh man, was only saying some innocent shit about games. We'll just have to delve into a giant OT now 😂

My opinion about combat sports/self defense etc. (sorry for the WOT):

I practiced Karate as a kid for some years, then Bjj/Grappling and some Judo for most of my adult life, with giant pauses here and there due to injuries and personal stuff (I started less frequently from middle 00s when I was 19, only to embrace it fully by the end of that decade to an year before covid, I'd like to start again but I'm kinda physically battered by all the grind and busy in RL as of now lol so we'll see, I'd need to prepare myself for some month.. wish I was 25/30 again, was so easy to just jump in again :(). Not sayin I'm an expert, a master or any other silly thing and not want to give myself an aura or anything 😂 but I saw every kind of tough, different dude coming in or out the gym.. policemen, army guys, shady individuals, even some UFC guys.. literally everything lol. I talked with many fighter people who have been in brawls (thank God it never happened to me, I'm just fascinated by the disciplines, otherwise I'm the most pacific person in the world). So I have my humble and personal vision.

To me, if we talk just pure technical fighting, wrestlers and judokas of level are the toughest ones. There is something in all the grinding they develop with their sport.. the never stop moving, the costant fight for position and takedown.. it seems their tank is neverending, they develop a natural peak condition/strength and an iron mental: they never get discouraged no matter what. I've not done Judo as much as nogi grappling and Bjj, but standing grip fighting was probably the most strenous, will breaking traning situation I've ever been in.
And yeah, if somebody with great takedowns get an hold of you in the street.. good fucking luck with that. They easily could cripple you without much ease.

Admittely I'm not a great striking expert. I suppose boxeurs are the most dangerous ones just by logic but, just between us, I saw what taking many blows for years to the head does to people sometimes.. yeah, for me it's no thanks lol. But striking in general is great of course.

As for traditional martial arts like Karate.. I think they have value, and the right master will teach good, useful things, but I don't drink much of the "stuff to kill" thing. I believe in things people can train and reproduce costantly with some proper resistance of the opponent.. the kick to the balls, eye gouging etc. are surely efficient, but you can't train those ones constantly and I doubt there is some secret technique that let's you hit it at command. At this point, I'd rather be good in a combat sport and then implement dirty stuff than the opposite.

That said.. my idea about hand to hand self defense after so many years.. is that it essentially can't be teached to the random person.
You can teach people what to do in a lot of situations, but in a brawl it's always going to be a coin toss. You can be the most skilled kick boxeur in the world with the most incredible takedown defense.. only to slip somewhere you did not see cause you are in some dark alley and you'll get stomped. Or the guy you are discussing with can have a friend coming behind crashing a bottle to your head just a second before you KO him. There literally are thousands of things that can happen out there. So in the end it's good to have some combat base just in case the confront is impossible to prevent, of course, but best self defense is either to avoid entirely situations or to get a gun :D (which I wouldn't anyway).

Besides.. coming back at my first paragraph, about shady guys. Back in mid 00s and even later, had some of those coming in the gym to train.. people who clearly has been in many brawls before, that were clearly dangerous, or that even did time in prison. I assure you there is something bout this kind of persons that can't be teached and you just perceive.. some "street smart" you either learn, yeah, on street, or that I don't think people can pass to you in a safe environment. As a guy told me at the times about one of them, that stuck with me until now.. "you really think this guy comes here to learn how to fight?"

sorry again for the giant OT

Even though I used to watch it much more from the 90's to the early 2000's, I like the idea behind Wrestling. Pure entertainment and story driven. :) I'm actually not that connected to the nowadays stars, but my personal golden age (everything from Hogan's NWO, Lex Luger and the Undertaker, passing through the attitude era of The Rock and Steve Austin, Mankind, etc) was really pure fun. I actually think the whole point is the choreography. In anycase, really want to explore more of the Japanese wrestling world, but kinda hard to follow if you're outside Japan! :)

In terms of boxing, I used to be a huge fan, but not really lately.. I kind of lost touch when Pacquiao retired and heavyweights became superbig.. My favorite era is the 80's middleweights (Leonard, Hagler, Duran, Hearns), and the 90's heavyweights (Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson, Bowe). MMA I still haven't been able to get into it much.. Only watched a few Anderson Silva and some other stars like the Korean Zombie. :LOL: I actually much prefer K-1, the kickboxing championships. :)

@vialli82 Saturday Night Slam Masters is a really cool game. :) It's kinda different since it has more "Final Fight" elements to it, more like the striking and grappling style. Actually what I love about wrestling games is that they are skill based and things are unpredictable (like a real fight), but retaining the wrestling moves and show aspects, I think that's awesome. :)

@Madmac79 I think you're right about Super Fire not having career mode. Well actually it kinda does, but it's not story driven. :LOL: Like say for example in the SNES version, there is World Tour, where you pick (or create) a wrestler and literally face every other wrestler in the game, one by one. But there's no story involved, you're basically just beating everybody. In the PS2 version (which I'm playing right now), there's a knockout tournament and also a league mode which I think is really cool. In the league mode, you face from 4 to 64 wrestlers (or maybe even more, up to 128? Not sure), and everyone fights against everyone, and have a record like say... 41 wins, 23 losses or something like that.. So that's cool. :) But in terms of the story, I guess you have to make it up yourself since as far as I know, there are no cutscenes. :LOL:

Last edited:
As for traditional martial arts like Karate.. I think they have value, and the right master will teach good, useful things, but I don't drink much of the "stuff to kill" thing. I believe in things people can train and reproduce costantly with some proper resistance of the opponent.. the kick to the balls, eye gouging etc. are surely efficient, but you can't train those ones constantly and I doubt there is some secret technique that let's you hit it at command. At this point, I'd rather be good in a combat sport and then implement dirty stuff than the opposite.
Lol sorry about the O.T. (we don't care lol)
The issue is they "softened" Karate, to be sportive and because it was more social. But i swear that some school (there's 200 types of Karate ways or "Do" in japanese), the master is still learning those things to certain who will took their place as a Sensei. But what you can see most of is sportive Karate, i ever think that war Karate is forbidden (that's the basis, but well we're not in Samourai country where every man was on a dojo with a big and long Katana lol)

Where you can see real Karate or Jiu jitsu is.... In self-defence trick, lessons for women etc. lol. It's not really a secret, it's just forbidden in fact but those technique are part of real Karate. Jiu Jitsu is much more complex, i know a professor (when he was 35-40 y.o. : six punch in one second and not tiny punch) and he considers more himself as an art martial philosopher.

What he learn, is mixed a bit with the Jet-Kun-Do (Bruce Lee philosophy of fighting) it means that you don't have to learn all the art martial from the start to the end : but you can take some pose you're most at ease with and try to make perfect what you feel better to it. Of course the basis is still Jiu ji tsu but is very vast and you can found every type of movement, block, counter, punch, kick etc. and there's variety of it.

In fact : there's different school learning Jiu Jitsu too with very different way to fight, but to him there's no school in particular which he will learn to his students : there's good thing in every school and he knows most of all so he observ and advice to one student something that may be more convenient to him / Just to say, he's probably "on the paper" the strongest person i know, He was 7th dan 20 years ago, and about to go to the 8th. That makes him one of a very few person in Europe, like 5-7 people who got that status i don't remember the number lol. But he's a super cool guy and you can't guess one second that he's a so high graded master.

About boxing, it's not only striking : it's because they're probably the ones (i talk about pro) who can take many punch and every strike in their body and never let down. Also the punch speed relative to the powr of a boxer as he repeat again again and again the same move is becoming something totally automatic. Boxer vs Judoka or Wrestler : it will be the one who will strike or grap the other with efficiency. If they miss, it's another story.
Defensive boxing is the most effective. One counter : direct K.O.

His personnality no one really like him.
But as a boxer he's a super-human. All their opponent through they were fighting against a ghost.
I remember every time "but X got a chance, one punch is sufficient" like they said with Canelo (way better since he's in a higher category.

... But the issue is the punch never happened on every match. It's phenomenal : waiting the fist/combo to land and avoiding them with his jaw only touching the glove at an incredible speed...
I love watching him boxing, some slowdown are WTF he isn't human.

Even if my favourite dude on every category is Tyson Fury. He passed through everything in his life, you think that he will be weakened on his next fight but when he's on the ring he's the boss, Hail to the Gipsy King. I can't wait to him vs Usyk. Usyk is also a monster but less shown as he's not a "character" like Fury looks like he's been out from a movie.

Going back to retrogaming. :) (offtopic is totally ok! I just saw this info and wanted to share it) ;) I've been eagerly awaiting this, and all signs in retrogaming twitter point towards Abathor being released very soon (already put it on my steam wishlist, maybe @Isslander will be interested as well), inspired by Rastan and other late 80's platformers, this one looks really classic and fun, with all the elements! You can really tell that this has been a labor of love for the creators, from the bosses to the soundtrack, it looks all out old school. :TU: Just wanted to give you guys a heads up just in case, I have a feeling it's going to be released quite soon!

About Boxing, i watched in the 90's more. Then i stopped on Lennox Lewis era, and i re-watched again since 10 years almost.
That's why i'm waiting a lot about Esport Undisputed Boxing. They moves exactly like the real one!

If ever we could have a real very good 16 bit boxing sim, that's perhaps something i always missed. It was always too simple or pretty arcade, not a lot of character etc.
But some were super good. I loved George Foreman for Real, big fun with it :

FOREMAN FOR REAL snes/megadrive/gameboy
There's also "Foreman KO Boxing" but it's less immersive. The cam view was pretty impression on 16 bits era

Also an arcade game i was a big big fan and didn't know he was ported on Megadrive : Final Blow.
A super port, ultra looking like the arcade version (will post the Arcade version for more visibility)

FINAL BLOW : Arcade, Megadrive /computer like Amiga, Atari ST,

Talking about George he was one of my idol from the time, at his age World Champion etc. he became stronger like wine become better with age

Note: there's others boxing games i liked too but i leave you posting some stuff lol

Going back to retrogaming. :) (offtopic is totally ok! I just saw this info and wanted to share it) ;) I've been eagerly awaiting this, and all signs in retrogaming twitter point towards Abathor being released very soon (already put it on my steam wishlist, maybe @Isslander will be interested as well), inspired by Rastan and other late 80's platformers, this one looks really classic and fun, with all the elements! You can really tell that this has been a labor of love for the creators, from the bosses to the soundtrack, it looks all out old school. :TU: Just wanted to give you guys a heads up just in case, I have a feeling it's going to be released quite soon!
Saw that game on Steam. I thinke directly to Golden Axe when he's on the giant sculpture in eagle form

Hands down my favorite 16-bit boxing game has to be "Riddick Bowe Boxing"! So action packed and intense, and to me the most realistic of all of the generation's boxing games! It had career mode, where you had to go up the ranks until you dethroned Bowe, and then as a defending champion you would age and your stats would go down. It was cool because you could approach it with different strategies, and also there was a good variety of punches, jab, cross, uppercut, hook, both to the body and the head. Overall a very complete game. :TU:

There was also a "hacked" version of the game, but instead of Bowe, you had Julio Cesar Chávez as the main character. :LOL:

I'm going to try George Foreman's one in Mega Drive emulator again. Played it once and liked it, time to give it another shot! :)

BOXING LEGENDS OF THE RING snes only i think

That one too, it's looks like Foreman but it's just the view : it's a bit more fast and dynamic.
Hidden gem like the vid say at least to me.

Love Chavez II buy weirdly it's the first time i see the 1st version : it looks a bit like FINAL BLOW so it should be a cool game.

Yeah i remember the issue with many of boxing game exactly the same but without the licence :LOL:
From what i carried that time... One boxer and the rest fake, same to got every of them fakes lol

Oh, legends of the ring was a great game, very fun and dynamic. The only thing about that one that I didn't like so much is that the boxers all had "patterns". Once you memorized the patterns, you could beat them, even if it took a while. I remember back when I played it I had so much trouble against Thomas Hearns, but then when I memorized the pattern to block his punches, it was much easier. In that sense, I preferred the Riddick Bowe one, it had more randomized computer behavior. :)

@vialli82 Just realized something bro! The versions I have for SNES/Mega Drive is a different one from the one you posted! I have "George Foreman KO Boxing", not "Foreman for Real"! (I confused the two, lol).. I've never played Foreman for Real, time to try it! :LOL:

It's that one i never tried on my side lol, it's looking like Punch OUT in more realistic, and it's a compliment. Need to repair my Raspberry i updated to the last Batocera update which fucked up almost everythng they will release a fix but... When, 1 week or 1 month : no info. Fortunately i got 2 of those micro-Linux PC.

Back to boxing there anther one released late Megadrive and 32X game (through it was 32X exclusive since last year lol) is Toughman Contest : i'll post the comparison.
Played both, it's hard but very immersive and fun.

TOUGHMAN CONTEST Megadrive, 32X

Almost the exact same version but with small animation on the pubic or presentation in more, and the sound is a tiny bit better. Nothing really noticeable, EA didn't moved their balls for the 32x versions.

Here's another retro boxing game which was released for N64 which I really liked: Ready 2 Rumble Boxing! :TU: I liked the fluidity of this one, I hadn't played a more fluid one when it came out.. Also liked the cartoony quality of the characters (kind of stereotypical before the political correctness era but that's what made them fun, there were many nationalities and colorful characters) :LOL:, and the fast combo system.. I think this one didn't get too much publicity (even though it was also released on Sega Dreamcast), so if you can pick it up, it is highly recommended!

Here's another retro boxing game which was released for N64 which I really liked: Ready 2 Rumble Boxing! :TU: I liked the fluidity of this one, I hadn't played a more fluid one when it came out.. Also liked the cartoony quality of the characters (kind of stereotypical before the political correctness era but that's what made them fun, there were many nationalities and colorful characters) :LOL:, and the fast combo system.. I think this one didn't get too much publicity (even though it was also released on Sega Dreamcast), so if you can pick it up, it is highly recommended!

To be honest, i remember it was advertised and hyped a lot by the magazines of that era. I would see and advertisment in almost every issue. But it was completelly forgotten later.

Watching now the Dreamcast version, i think it is better optimised, or to say it better, it works better on Dreamcast superior (to N64) hardware. As a N64 owner and lover, watching now from the future, i think N64 had a lot issues with frame skipping, that wasn't so obvious back then, as it is now, that we are familiar to a better technology.

And basically almost all games except for the 1st party of Nintendo, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, had "issues" with colour brightness and lighting. Speaking always as of standards of today, not of back then.

Dreamcast is a mystery console to me! Never actually played it, either original or in emulator, but taking a look at the catalog, it looks quite interesting! These two in particular stand out to me as I take a quick look at their offering of games:
Sonic Adventure

SoulCalibur (I actually never played it in console, only on arcade!)

I owned a Dreamcast until they stopped producing games. But let's say i kept it one year, there was less polygons and stuffs than on PS2 but all was based on the rendering : a super filter anti-aliasing it was HD before it existed (even more if you owned the VGA cable... My god) no seriously, the first game on PS2 got some flickering and aliasing, less colorful. Just less Beautiful, i wasn't impressed. Until they released games than needed more polygons and plenty of details, and the devs started to master the beast.

Well back to the Dreamcast : i owned Soulcalibur but not Sonic Adventure (i played it in location at the start) : the advantage of that console for piraxix was that you could've run the GD-Rom games burned with a simple program. I owned games for 10 euros.
There's Sonic Adventure DX on PS3 i believe, with the story a bit longer and some changes + of course in HD.

Virtua Tennis / Virtua Striker 2 / Virtua Fighter 3b / The best classic Resident Evil aka Code Veronica / Capcom vs Snk Millenium 2000 pro (one of my 2D top 3 fighting games of all time/Dead or Alive 2 (loved the counter system) etc. But i got the two sequel on PS2 didn't tried yet) The thing is when Sega decided to stop production, there was still a tons of games in production who were cancelled. Sincerely that announcement breaked my hearth lol, as a super fan of all Sega made in Arcade...

Well in counterpart, wasn't that a big fan of Crazy Taxi but graphically and the streets where great. But the game putted me on my nerves for idontknow reason lo.

Also a very fun mix BTU with some element of adventure/opening treasure but in VS or Royal Rumble : Power Stone 1 and 2.

I'll post the 1ST as it's the one i owned. I'll post it as a very particular game :

Now, with friend, i should admit the game we played more was Virtua Tennis and Soulcalibur. But i leaving them played as i was a bit cheated as i played so much. Soulcalibur story is awesome, plenty of unlockable stuff, way better than the arcade version. It's the sequel from 32bits game Soul Edge.
Virtua Striker 2 was less balanced between my friend but we played it too.

One of my biggest regret was that i didn't know Shenmue, or the panel didn't tilted me. They called it a masterpiece with the sequel but the story was continuing that's why they finally released the 3 with the same graphics style.

Sad when you see the list of unreleased game (also that there wasn't a Winning Eleven in prevision... Perhaps later)
What killed the console? The GD-Rom. While the PS2 could've read aswell DVD movie and it was the start of it : the sales jumped. Also the specs on magazine etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dreamcast_games

Power Stone definitely looks different. At first I thought it was going to be like Chrono Cross, but then I saw them moving and throwing boxes around.. Very unique!

I'm actually sometimes a bit confused about the Sega timeline after mega drive. Without looking for it in wikipedia, I'm guessing the order was.. Saturn, Sega CD, Dreamcast? Like I've mentioned before I didn't know much about Sega when I was a kid, which in a way is better because now I am all about discovering new games! When I was a kid I was all about NES/SNES, moving on next to N64 and PSX. Even though I played Sonic of course, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, my experience with Genesis and other Sega systems was limited.

In terms of the Saturn, I was researching some games, and came accross this one: GUARDIAN HEROES. It looks so awesome, I might have to find myself a Saturn emulator just to try this one out. It seems to check all the boxes for me, Similar to King of Dragons/Golden Axe Beat-Em-Up with swords, with 32-bit graphics, dynamic and simple gameplay, and it really looks fun. Like you guys know this is one of my absolute favorite genres of games, and I'll definitely be adding this one to my list of games to play!! :BSCARF:

Back
Top Bottom