The 'Things That Are Great' Thread

@rockstrongo I found this a couple of weeks ago, and noticed it originates from Sweden. It's great for helping you reach your daily protein intake.

What i want to ask mate is can you recommend another brand, because i don't like to give my money to nestle if i can help it.

100229593_1.jpg

@rockstrongo I found this a couple of weeks ago, and noticed it originates from Sweden. It's great for helping you reach your daily protein intake.

What i want to ask mate is can you recommend another brand, because i don't like to give my money to nestle if i can help it.

View attachment 231544
Think the food industry is like every other nowadays, one company owning everything.
When it comes to "kvarg" (no clue what thats called in english) should be plenty of other options, do you have Arla in england`?
I know thats a pretty good option, and non nestle as well

Think the food industry is like every other nowadays, one company owning everything.
When it comes to "kvarg" (no clue what thats called in english) should be plenty of other options, do you have Arla in england`?
I know thats a pretty good option, and non nestle as well
Not to my knowledge. we have Aldi & Lidl. i could try there. About Kvarg, it's still called that on the tub in Britain. They also call it "Quark". Whatever that is.

Nice one Rocko. Now i have seen the label, yes i have seen Arla products in the stores. I will have something to find now. ;)
No worries mate, hope youll get a better product than Nestles shite.
How about the game vs the Sportswashers fc today?
1-0 down, VWD sent off and still managed a 2-1 win.
brilliant

No worries mate, hope youll get a better product than Nestles shite.
How about the game vs the Sportswashers fc today?
1-0 down, VWD sent off and still managed a 2-1 win.
brilliant
Lady luck was with us there. TAA could have walked too. However i think it would have been harsh after the daft yellow he received for basically tossing the ball back onto the pitch. I saw nothing malicious in it. I bet they hate playing us. :D

Yes i know what you mean. Until you feel pumped again, it is a slog.

My training is ticking along Ok. I started back after a 10 year "break", in February, i was taking it easy for the first month. Now i am slowly taking shape. I am

only training Mon, weds, Fri. (age related) But it is high intensive for around 30 mins. I have within the last 3 weeks, started taking a creatine pre workout mix.

So hopefully within the next few days i will start seeing the benefits.

Had to dig this out.

Did you meanwhile notice the results of taking creatine?

Like you I'm doing excercises at home, every second day for about 40-45 minutes, startet in March this year. Almost 4 weeks ago I startet to take creatine too, but for now I don't notice anything other than being thirstier than before. It's not that I can train more intensive or am less tired.

Had to dig this out.

Did you meanwhile notice the results of taking creatine?

Like you I'm doing excercises at home, every second day for about 40-45 minutes, startet in March this year. Almost 4 weeks ago I startet to take creatine too, but for now I don't notice anything other than being thirstier than before. It's not that I can train more intensive or am less tired.
Hi, Creatine takes around 21 days to be fully absorbed into the muscles. The product i was using contained creatine as part of a pre workout concoction. I didn't really notice anything apart from thinking i could rave all night with the caffeine rush.
I then went to a proper body training shop, and bought a different pre workout mix. (ABE pre workout). This one is better, it feels cleaner and seems more effective. I have now started monitoring my daily protein intake. I now take a whey protein shake every day to help. It also contains stuff to synthesis muscle growth.

Hi, Creatine takes around 21 days to be fully absorbed into the muscles. The product i was using contained creatine as part of a pre workout concoction. I didn't really notice anything apart from thinking i could rave all night with the caffeine rush.
I then went to a proper body training shop, and bought a different pre workout mix. (ABE pre workout). This one is better, it feels cleaner and seems more effective. I have now started monitoring my daily protein intake. I now take a whey protein shake every day to help. It also contains stuff to synthesis muscle growth.

I think I’m gonna buy another box (each contains pills for one month) and see if it works for me.

I drink a whey shake per day as well, but other than that I don’t really monitor anything else.

It’s not that I follow a certain goal other than staying somewhat in shape after losing weight last year which worked well enough without creatine so far, I can see the results. So it was more out of curiosity that I tried it. If it doesn’t work for me I would be fine with it also.

Anyway, thanks for the answer and good luck with your workouts!

Ostrich burgers. Sorry, but they are great. Fry them in the pan and there's zero fat. Although I have a strange urge to bury my head in the sand after eating them. :LOL: (actually that's a myth - the ostrich thing, not me, but why ruin a half decent joke!)

I think I’m gonna buy another box (each contains pills for one month) and see if it works for me.

I drink a whey shake per day as well, but other than that I don’t really monitor anything else.

It’s not that I follow a certain goal other than staying somewhat in shape after losing weight last year which worked well enough without creatine so far, I can see the results. So it was more out of curiosity that I tried it. If it doesn’t work for me I would be fine with it also.

Anyway, thanks for the answer and good luck with your workouts!
I was the same, i spent the first few months losing the weight, now i am building muscle. As a general guide you are only going to gain around a pound of

muscle per month, dependant on things like genetics diet and protein. As a general guide to protein you should be aiming daily for 0.8 grams of protein for

every Kg you weigh. Don't worry about overdoing it though, as your body will get rid of what it doesn't need. Only carbs and fat are stored.

sorry, lads, gonna jump in here for a second.
About creatine - I wouldnt recommend it. its a 'fake' effect. it will swell your muscles as long as you take it and then when you stop it will all deflate like a balloon.
Much better option are just protein shakes.

(thats just my experience anyways)

Last edited:
sorry, lads, gonna jump in here for a second.
About creatine - I wouldnt recommend it. its a 'fake' effect. it will swell your muscles as long as you take it and then when you stop it will all deflate like a balloon.
Much better option are just protein shakes.

(thats just my experience anyways)
Creatine increases your strength. So you get bigger by lifting heavier. The protein is like you say, vital for building and maintaining muscle growth. Creatine alone will do you very little good.

Back
Top Bottom