The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I've actually been contemplating a replay for a while now, only played the base story when it first came out so never did the DLC, wonder how it'll improve on PC :)

I've actually been contemplating a replay for a while now, only played the base story when it first came out so never did the DLC, wonder how it'll improve on PC :)

I would assume RayTracing and swicthing to DX12.

The main improvements will come to PS5 and Series X, as they will be able to produce HIGH/Ultra PC Settings.

I've started the game and stopped after 3hrs, then started again, three times... I just don't have time to play (and when I do, it gets pushed for multiplayer games with the other half).

So I'm absolutely bloody delighted that I can experience the whole game for the first time on next-gen with a graphics upgrade!

...does mean I have to buy a next-gen console though, and I've been debating whether to bother or not.

the problem i have with this game is the stupid game control mechanics. You press a button only to be told "no not now" and holding the L2 forever how about toggle the senses on and off? This is why i love Japanese games so much the controls work!

I'll be playing this on next gen since it's getting upgraded,have had it for a year now,hardly touched it,same with RDR2

I'll be playing this on next gen since it's getting upgraded,have had it for a year now,hardly touched it,same with RDR2
Same here, i have most probably put around 5-6 hours into it, the size of the map is pretty huge and with 2 dlc's it would be a mammoth task to finish it.
Comment after a my 5-6 hours of play......
[HIDE] Got fed up trying to help out a Drunken, wife beating King by finding his wife and Daughter. Now i am stuck (and cant be arsed) trying to beat this wild hunt boss type, with a witch for help. Bloody frustrating. [/HIDE]

Same here, i have most probably put around 5-6 hours into it, the size of the map is pretty huge and with 2 dlc's it would be a mammoth task to finish it.
Comment after a my 5-6 hours of play......
[Hidden content]
Ha ha I got you,yeah never dived in to this,but will,and RDR2 and Skyrim,hoping for a massive update on that one

Game is amazing I played every DLC but the Blood & Wine DLC makes this game even more huge. I really hope some of you guys that plan on getting this for next gen end up making it to that expansion because the humour in it is top!

hey maggle!
are you getting Cyberpunk 2077 when it launches next month? if so, do you think this will take you as long as the witcher?

personally i cant wait to sink into night city! guess i dont need much more for the launch!
Don't have space to install :P
Might have to extend storage and then I'll think about it.

I tried looking into this game,watched some gameplay of the first hour on YouTube and didn't really get into it. I just noticed this is on game pass I might install to give it a try given all the positive feedback. Last open world game I enjoyed was HZD. I wonder how this compares, or to an ACreed.

Tbh I want kind of a simple game and not have to deal with potions and 1000 weapons.

Tbh I want kind of a simple game and not have to deal with potions and 1000 weapons.

Yeah..... You might want to pass then. Although, I felt pretty much the same way until I actually played this, my now all time favorite game. And it's not really 1000 weapons... only a few hundred

I tried looking into this game,watched some gameplay of the first hour on YouTube and didn't really get into it. I just noticed this is on game pass I might install to give it a try given all the positive feedback. Last open world game I enjoyed was HZD. I wonder how this compares, or to an ACreed.

I finished the game with no potions, you don't really need them but they help, you should give it a shot. It's a bit confusing and slow in the beginning but becomes extremely interesting once you get a hang of the plot and the mechanics.

I own the disc version since day 1, have about 150 hours of playtime and still haven't finished it, without the DLCs. As I am getting the digital PS5 version I bought the digital game of the year edition for 15 euros in the ps store yesterday to get the free PS5 update and it turns out, that the savegames of my normal disc version weren't took over to the digital game of the year edition. I'm really not sure if I want to begin this journey again...

Yeah the wait will be insane, but boy was I glad I was roped into buying the last game in here, so defo will get this....... If im still alive.

I've tried 3 times to get into this game and can never make it far. I bought it cheap for the next gen update, I hope its worth it so I can start it again and abandon it an hour in.

Is it an upgrade in graphics only? Or some QoL improvements/ combat/etc?

i believe it adds ray tracing among other things. would like to own it for ps5, have it on steam already....doubt they'll do a free cross-platform upgrade though .

I've tried 3 times to get into this game and can never make it far. I bought it cheap for the next gen update, I hope its worth it so I can start it again and abandon it an hour in.

Is it an upgrade in graphics only? Or some QoL improvements/ combat/etc?
Mostly graphical improvements. Ray tracing and some mods, I reckon HD Reworked Project will be one of them. We have to wait and see if they will implement any combat mods.

This has actually become a likely Chrimbo game for me now with the update. Like I have said here before I won't be playing it again, but rather cleaning up unfinished side stuff. So many of the side missions are so good too, I don't think any game has yet beaten Witcher 3 side stuff for diversity.

Back
Top Bottom