UEFA Euro 2008 - Captain Your Country Stories...

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
My CYC is on World Class and I play for England, I have done randomly seeded groups too, which is a great option to have, saves me doing it all seeded myself :)). I am a CAM, with current overall rating of 58. Started off in the B team in centre midfield for the first match:

Luxembourg 0-2 England B (MotM: Edwins 9.0)
Owen, Downing

T. Edwins has been selected to captain England for the B-International match against Hungary

Hungary 0-0 England B (MotM: Edwins 8.9)

After impressing in the B Team I got picked for the full England team for the upcoming friendly away in Portugal and was put on the left of midfield:

Portugal 0-1 England
Downing

Well it was a win, but adjusting to the new position on the wing was tough and I got a rating of 6.0, not enough to make the squad for the next qualifiers. I did get picked again for the next full friendly, at Wembley against the Italians:

England 0-0 Italy

A drab match, with the Italians not doing much either, final rating of 5.8 :((. Another friendly next up:

England 2-0 Lichenstein (MotM: Edwins 8.8)
Owen 2

I am getting used to my new role on the wing, and got the assist for the first goal, whipping in a nice cross for Owen to head in. Good times :)). Though I still wasn't ready for the Euro qualifiers squad. Bad times :((. The final friendly before the next set of qualifiers was away at France in the Parc des Princes in the pooring rain. I really needed to show I had what it takes and impress against a big team:

France 1-1 England (Edwins :y1)
Anelka / Edwins

Well, I certainly caught the manager's eye, with a performance of 7.9 and a goal, a good goal too, watch it by clicking on my name in the scorers list under the result :)). I really got involved and stuck in that match, battling for the cause as well as attacking, as the yellow card shows :LOL:. The next qualifier was at Wembley, against Turkey, and I was in :)):

England 2-0 Turkey (MotM: Edwins 8.8)
Downing 2

A good game and an assist for the first goal gave me another man of the match performance :)). Next up a trip to the Ukraine in another qualifier:

Ukraine 0-1 England
Wright-Phillips

A good win against a decent team away from home on not the best pitch. I ended with a rating of 7.4 which I am happy with. A great night to say the least! I am glad Live was screwed last night :LOL:. My average rating is a healthy 7.8 and my form rating is an even better 8.0. Next up is a Euro qualifier at Wembley against the Republic of Ireland, I can't wait :)). We also still have to play San Marino at Wembley, so I'm looking forward to that one! :DANCE: :LOL:

I can seriously see me playing more of this, and the fact that it's offline single player shows how good this mode really is.

I look foward to reading some of you guys stories too :)).

Good stuff boys :)).

Oh yeah I forgot to say I play using the BAP camera, it really makes this game for me, seeing yourself in all the different stadia is amazing :)). I will be uploading more stuff in the future, i.e. I should have uploaded one of the assists I did as it was a quality cross. Just a shame you can only have 5 videos on EA FootballWorld at once. You can download them, convert and upload to YouTube, but the quality is ropey. Maybe DailyMotion would be better? I'll give it a try. Jesus, I'm having a fucking conversation with myself now...

Played a few more yesterday as LM again:

England 1-1 Ireland
Downing / Doyle

Finland 0-0 England

Couple of mediocre games really, I didn't do much, and only got ratings of around 5/6. Was getting into the Finland game more as it went on, but we just ran out of time. I think they've got the feel of home/away matches spot on, when we're at Wembley I really feel at home, and tend to try and bomb on more down the wings and get in some good attacking positions. But when we were away, especially in that last match against Finland I just seemed to be a lot happier just linking up play and keeping the ball, playing the possession game and upsetting their fans, who kept whistling and booing, the atmosphere is fantastic :DD.

You can download them, convert and upload to YouTube, but the quality is ropey. Maybe DailyMotion would be better? I'll give it a try. Jesus, I'm having a fucking conversation with myself now...
Yea, you are a bit mate! Leave it to me I'll try and upload a Euro clip to DailyMotion tonight and see what it's like. Cool, thanks :)).

I won't let this thread die. I think it's a great idea. I've started my CYC campain with Scotland. I created myself as a CM. I'm well into qualifying and I am now the captain. I think I am playing on Pro. Sorry I can't be for sure. I thought I put it on Pro level but I've just had a Italia 0 - 1 Scotland result in Italy. It wasn't that it was easy to win. It's that I won. We played a defensive 4-4-2 with me playing out on the left of midfield. I scored our only gone on a beautiful run into the box in which I told a player to play a throughball. I then hit the ball across the keeper for the go ahead goal with 16 minutes to play. I was MOM with a 9.6 rating. Hopefully I am playing on Pro and not Semi-Pro. Other key games. I did get thrashed 3-0 at home against France. That's what makes me think I am on Pro. Other teams in the group are Ukraine, Lithuania, Georgia, and Faroe Islands. Maybe that's why I'm near the top of the group.

Still playing with Wales as a CAM and i have been awarded my first captaincy, three qualifiers and several friendlies in. I got MOTM at home to Cyprus in a qualifier, despite a 1-0 loss. I was there however testing the keeper, who was brilliant. I appear to regularly play as LCM.

I then captained the team in a friendly against Kazakhstan. What a performance. I grabbed a hat-trick in a 4-1 victory. Earnshaw grabbed the other. They only got a consolation goal in the second half.

Last edited:
I've been told a way to make sure you're played in the correct position... Works a treat.

Before you start a CYC game, go into the squad editor for the country you want to play for, and put the three rivals that you choose into the first team. For me, I play for England, and I put Joe Cole on the left wing, Aaron Lennon on the right wing and Theo Walcott up-front (right). Save the squads file when/if prompted, and also at this point you can free up the shirt number you want if you desire. I changed Hargreaves from number 19 to 20-something (Barry's number), then changed Barry's number to 41. Meaning 19 is unassigned. Save the squads again.

Then start a new CYC game. I make myself as a CM, and (about pissing time), I'm now played as a CM. :)

I've been told a way to make sure you're played in the correct position... Works a treat.

Before you start a CYC game, go into the squad editor for the country you want to play for, and put the three rivals that you choose into the first team. For me, I play for England, and I put Joe Cole on the left wing, Aaron Lennon on the right wing and Theo Walcott up-front (right). Save the squads file when/if prompted, and also at this point you can free up the shirt number you want if you desire. I changed Hargreaves from number 19 to 20-something (Barry's number), then changed Barry's number to 41. Meaning 19 is unassigned. Save the squads again.

Then start a new CYC game. I make myself as a CM, and (about pissing time), I'm now played as a CM. :)

Sounds like a lot of work but that's good to know. yes, I am lazy.

Now you know how it feels! ;)

Yes it was Plan M who gave me that method, so everyone thank him.

Ive played 21 matches with England , next match is against Holland @ Euro 2008 semifinal. I`ve created my own player / / Position striker next 2 Wayne Rooney ( FIrst I played on the midfield , but thats was kinda boring so I put myself up front as soon as I became Captain :D

Yeah and btw I have always been a fan of Pro Evo , but this game made me change my mind :) I think that Pro evos time is over , cant wait untill fifa 09 is realesed :)

Edit: Won the Euro 2008 final yesterday against Germany with 2-0 , Rooney scored twice.
My Player "Fredde" Scored total 31goals on ~22 matches , that its quiet?! good huh? ;)
/ Avarage rating 9.6. And I was playing on Pro difficulty.

Sry 4 my crappy english , Im from sweden <3 :D

Last edited:
Well I ended up 3rd in my group so I didn't make it to the finals. I am starting a new one with England. I'm going up against Richards, Crouch and SWP. I am in the midfield.

How do you guys play so good lol. I am playing on pro as a LM or RM, i cant seem to score any goals or make good crosses. Help?

thnx Placebo, one of my rivals is Fabregas :P so its kinda hard to become captain lol

well you can just set it to 4 players and dont use the other 3. That way your all alone with only your stats on the radar as well

found this out when we didn't have all 4 players, so we had to carry on with 3 and it worked fine.

dont see the point in putting the CPU in anyway becuase they dont affect your game

I already started and i dont want to make a new one lol

Just forfeit the matches until you get gameover then choose continue and your player will stay in the list for when you choose continue career for the new game

:))

yeah if you choose continue when its says the tournament has ended

Back
Top Bottom