What are you listening to?

For some reason, I can't bring myself to hate this guy. The final years of his life were tragic, and there may very well be something to the accusations, I especially found one of his accusers in the Finding Neverland doc to be quite believable. Also listending to some of the messages he sent to young boys - yikes.
But I try to justify still listening because I only go after his early stuff, Off The Wall and Thriller are near perfect albums and I just can't let them go.
I don't want to watch another Woody Allen movie in my life, it's a bit odd how differently one can perceive such things. I am definitely conflicted about it, this is like the fourth time I edit this post

Last edited:
Iron Maiden and killers are probably my favourite maiden albums.
Probably because I haven't really been in to any albums from NOTB and onward.

Powerslave for me. In the early/mid 90s, when my interest in music started to get serious, a school friend had a walkman with him in our local swimming bath. He had tapes with Powerslave and „Keeper of the seven keys“ from Helloween. I knew the record covers of Maiden but had never heard a tone from them before. I was blown away from the music and that opened the door for my music taste till today.
Soon I owned these 2 records myself plus „A seventh son of a seventh son“ , „Walls of Jericho“ from Helloween and „Apetite for destruction“ from GnR and listened to it all summer long.
I don’t listen much metal anymore but untill this day, when I hear the first tones of Aces High, I have the smell of chlorine in my nose like it was almost 30 years ago.

Powerslave for me. In the early/mid 90s, when my interest in music started to get serious, a school friend had a walkman with him in our local swimming bath. He had tapes with Powerslave and „Keeper of the seven keys“ from Helloween. I knew the record covers of Maiden but had never heard a tone from them before. I was blown away from the music and that opened the door for my music taste till today.
Soon I owned these 2 records myself plus „A seventh son of a seventh son“ , „Walls of Jericho“ from Helloween and „Apetite for destruction“ from GnR and listened to it all summer long.
I don’t listen much metal anymore but untill this day, when I hear the first tones of Aces High, I have the smell of chlorine in my nose like it was almost 30 years ago.
Ha ha ,yeah you know they use music as therapy for older people with dementia?
That's cool since music brings back memories that people had forgotten etc.
Listened to Helloweens keeper of the 7 keys a lot ,and GNR appetite is a classic ,great album.

Not listening to traditional metal that much nowadays ,a lot of Stoner/death/black metal and the classics ,can't beat old Sabbath.

Ha ha ,yeah you know they use music as therapy for older people with dementia?
That's cool since music brings back memories that people had forgotten etc.
Listened to Helloweens keeper of the 7 keys a lot ,and GNR appetite is a classic ,great album.

Not listening to traditional metal that much nowadays ,a lot of Stoner/death/black metal and the classics ,can't beat old Sabbath.

This therapy thing would definitely work on me, haha.
Never listened much of classic heavy metal stuff, but especially Maiden is honored by every type of metal and rock fan.
Speaking of black metal, as a teen I was pretty fascinated of all thoses weird things going on in Norway (only fascinated, never glorified that!) and read everything I could get. Musically I liked some of those bands but never digged too deep in that music, just the stories.
My happy place back in the days was gothic metal (before the term became an insult). Paradise Lost, Tiamat, My Dying Bride, Lake of Tears, just to name a few. PL and Tiamat are still ones of my all-time bands.
Nowadays I‘m more into punkrock than metal, although I will love this sound forever.

For some reason, I can't bring myself to hate this guy. The final years of his life were tragic, and there may very well be something to the accusations, I especially found one of his accusers in the Finding Neverland doc to be quite believable. Also listending to some of the messages he sent to young boys - yikes.
But I try to justify still listening because I only go after his early stuff, Off The Wall and Thriller are near perfect albums and I just can't let them go.
I don't want to watch another Woody Allen movie in my life, it's a bit odd how differently one can perceive such things. I am definitely conflicted about it, this is like the fourth time I edit this post

Mate, there are so many of these "superstars" that are just wrong as people, you shouldn't feel guilt for enjoying their work I think.
Obviously not as messed up as MJ's allegations but watching Maradona be a god on the field & crumble as a man was tragic.

And besides, I can't stop watching Seinfeld, just because Kramer turned out to be a POS!

This therapy thing would definitely work on me, haha.
Never listened much of classic heavy metal stuff, but especially Maiden is honored by every type of metal and rock fan.
Speaking of black metal, as a teen I was pretty fascinated of all thoses weird things going on in Norway (only fascinated, never glorified that!) and read everything I could get. Musically I liked some of those bands but never digged too deep in that music, just the stories.
My happy place back in the days was gothic metal (before the term became an insult). Paradise Lost, Tiamat, My Dying Bride, Lake of Tears, just to name a few. PL and Tiamat are still ones of my all-time bands.
Nowadays I‘m more into punkrock than metal, although I will love this sound forever.
Tiamat is a great band.
Listened a lot to them way back.
Punk rock is always great ,still a thriving scene

@mattmid check it out check it out. 3:14 now that's some FUNK!!
:LOL:
:TU:

This band.. from Spain, Valencia. Sadly not known much out of Spain, this album is inspired by 70s stuff.. but it is definitely not the typical 70s sound. It is definitely more Soft/Pop rock.

Main guy in the band said this:
Papu: “The sound of the 80s doesn't exactly blow our minds. I see them colder; more beastly drum machines, digital input, reverbs ... With our music I think we are looking for just the opposite. We are totally in the 70s ”

Do any of you know them? Perhaps @drekkard , I think he is from Spain, so perhaps he would have heard of them as they are known in Spain. I think if you are looking for a pop sounding album with 70s influence and riffs, then this is very good.

@millossobek You might like this album.

@shareq01 Lol I'm enjoying the sound. How'd you know I like this? :LOL: At times it sounds to me a little bit like parts of The Strokes, or the Temper Trap! It's funny how they mention they don't like the 80's but some of their songs seem a bit 80's inspired with the synths lol.. Good sound, definitely! :TU:

@mattmid Those guys from Quasimode were DEFINITELY Castolo fans, bro. 🤣 🤣

@shareq01 Lol I'm enjoying the sound. How'd you know I like this? :LOL: At times it sounds to me a little bit like parts of The Strokes, or the Temper Trap! It's funny how they mention they don't like the 80's but some of their songs seem a bit 80's inspired with the synths lol.. Good sound, definitely! :TU:
I'll be honest
I said "might like" but I was going to say "you may or may not like" because I actually thought you won't like it very much.
But now that you like it, yes they have a really good sound.
In fact,
They have a 4th album which they released last year, and it's in Spanish, you might like it more, here it is: Romance

A bit of the synths stuff is there yes, but then again synths were also there in 70s, especially in Progressive Rock in the 70s
But yes they are a really good group and it is a shame that people do not know about them outside Spain

Edit: About that 4th Spanish album, I like the sound too.. especially Gran Via and Mala Reputacion and Mar Dorado.. except I don't have a clue of what he is saying in the songs :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom