Will there ever be something like Fiveserver/Sixserver for a modern PES title?

It is possible. There are tools for capturing network traffic, and with enough dedication and time, one could reverse-engineer the protocol. Building a server after that is more of a traditional exercise in writing a networking service backed by a database, etc. Nothing too challenging, in other words. But the reversing step is the difficult one - mostly because it's a trial and error route, so you make little by little progress, until you have the protocol figured out. With many false turns and backtracking. It's an art in itself to some extent, really.

Certain knowledge of network programming is required. A bit of experience with packet filtering, also being able to use a debugger (like x64dbg) helps too. But more than anything, somebody must really really want to do it, in order to be successful in this task. ( If you were to ask me, then sadly i have no appetite for this work )

I'm quoting you just to see if anything has changed from your side. I'm pretty sure many people would try to help you if you could just give it a try and assign simple tasks to less experienced developers (us). You don't own to anyone but you're one of the few persons that could help save this game and realistic virtual football as a whole. Nobody trusts the companies anymore, they have proved that they don't care about our experience or enjoyment, unfortunately they only care about our money, which is fine if we could at least get a decent product. But we don't and it doesn't seem that this could change anytime soon.
May you please at least consider this? Most of us could probably do basic packet sniffing or write basic methods/functions and generally contribute in a shared git repo.

The problem with this generation of PES is that, I'm afraid, the server (at least the team-play lobby) has more features and generally seems more complex.
For example, in PES6 you only needed to bring 2 peers to get to know each other (lobby -> room -> go play) and then the game (meaning client's code) would mostly handle itself, exchanging host at half time etc. The same for co-op as well (Except that in co-op the host would not switch in half time).

In the case of team play lobby in PES21, you can see connection bars before joining which implies that your experience will be heavily related to how good your connection to the server is. This ultimately could mean that either the whole game is server side (so the custom server implementation will be much more complex and the hardware requirements for it higher) or at least some kind of server-side syncing mechanism between the clients takes place.
In any case, basic 1v1 lobbies will theoretically be easier to reverse engineer and i think that's where someone should start after he's done with the initial connection to the base server and fetch the welcome messages etc.

In any case we should hope that the servers do not interact a lot with the clients and that the clients do the most work, as this will make custom builds easier to implement. But i'm afraid it's not gonna be as easy it was (relatively speaking) back in PES5 or PES6.

To finish this message in a positive way, if we somehow manage to create a custom PES21 server, we could probably enjoy scriptless matches by using everyone's favorite version of the game. Version 1.0.0 ;)
Sure, You know a lot about these things, you helped to fix PES6Starts servers from Edna attacks. THe sad think is that... this is Last PES game ever, last regular Konami football game ever. We need to find people with the necessary skills who love the PES series, in the pass Juce and Reddwarf did it !

Now..... I find it a bit absurd that here, this is one of the largest PES communities, there are people who have been making and codding a tools, mods for years and now we can't find ones to save the last PES game and server... maybe for now we do not need a full server with online all modes, we can start from Team Play Lobby mode, from there you can play everything, 1vs1 to 11 vs 11.
I'm afraid it's too late, there's no time. but this is because I do not understand and do not know what needs to be done

I am sad that didn't see this thread before. Currently i just wish someone from Pes community managed something, even the simplest thing, a simple 1vs1 Pes21 server. Any news guys?

I'm quoting you just to see if anything has changed from your side. I'm pretty sure many people would try to help you if you could just give it a try and assign simple tasks to less experienced developers (us). You don't own to anyone but you're one of the few persons that could help save this game and realistic virtual football as a whole. Nobody trusts the companies anymore, they have proved that they don't care about our experience or enjoyment, unfortunately they only care about our money, which is fine if we could at least get a decent product. But we don't and it doesn't seem that this could change anytime soon.
May you please at least consider this? Most of us could probably do basic packet sniffing or write basic methods/functions and generally contribute in a shared git repo.

i'm sorry, i would've responded sooner, but somehow i missed this message until today.

Putting aside for the moment, the fact that the servers are already offline, and that it is likely too late to attempt this, still wanted to answer the question.
I appreciate the kind words and your trust in me leading such a project, but i have to be honest: i don't really have the burning desire to to dig into this. And without that, it's a non-starter.

There's another aspect to this, which is often overlooked, but nevertheless exists. There's no guarantee that PES 21 (or any of the recent gen PES games that use Denuvo protection) will continue to work for "foreseeable future" . If Konami decides to "retire" the game completely, they can simply block it from starting, and I'm not talking online, it's everything, all offline modes too. Not sure if that is legal in all countries were PES was sold (i mean we did pay money for something, right?), but the possibility of such abrupt ending is there.

What can we do to make your burning desire active again dear friend? I honestly believe that many of us could donate such an action, since you are the one who could help us all, we are willing to help you as much as we can. It would be really pity such an idea to be wasted. Me and a couple of my friends, we are 42-48 yo, grew up with Pes, please make a try, we shall support anyway we can.

What can we do to make your burning desire active again dear friend? I honestly believe that many of us could donate such an action, since you are the one who could help us all, we are willing to help you as much as we can. It would be really pity such an idea to be wasted. Me and a couple of my friends, we are 42-48 yo, grew up with Pes, please make a try, we shall support anyway we can.
As he says, it's too late anyway. You can't capture anything now to reverse engineering.

I don't think that a company got the rights to shut down a sold product like PES 2021 or sooner. Good for people who brought it bad for the others. It's just like abandonware for them... Already.

Only the online support, which is already done. Never see something like that in a BRay or even dematerialised product (so not only video games).
They can't. Even for ted importing on console or whatever they can't neither : it's up to Sony or Microsoft. Take the example of latest DLCs : as long as PSN and Xbox Live will be connected on this generation (and it will be for a long time i believe) DLCs will be available.
PS3 Store case is different : there's no link between PS3 old store and PS4/PS5 current store. PS3 PSN closed their door few years after the PS4 / They weren't compatible simply.

So long life to old games / Now they're all that, for now, is remaining. I Don't worry about the complete erasing from PES 2015-21 AT ALL.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(About the current situation)

Is/if their system is financially a failure... It is in terms of content. We don't know if the game will be dead or "transformed". But now, it is in term of a game : Can't keep or get back to an older game/season, no important DLC for the game, no full edit mode (THE thing that without, PES would already old stories) deadline never respected, always pushed to another, gameplay change a bit too much between versions, even system for defending etc.
"Capernaum" is their structure.

3 options cames to my mind me wich could make at least us less happy, coming from them for the future and doable :

-Or they made a step back and relaunch a Winning Eleven / separate from Efootball with +- the same gameplay but without all the feature purposed by a complete football game EXCEPT what they got in Efootball (so, keeping Efootball online stuffs appart , let's imagine it like a "PES Lite" with mode not in the regular game). Konami's "trademarked" Winning Eleven, and the game is censed to be off, so... Perhaps a plan B. Without hope > no life.

-Again, a step back ONLY if affair and business around Efootball start to crash, a last try with a full game including Dreamteam and all shit like they did with with Myclub, called "Winning Eleven" (trademark stuffs etc.).

-Worst scenario for the end : Efootball makes profits. Like never. I didn't followed a VS in terms of profits with PES 2019-20-21 so i can't tell how much profitable it's for them but well.
If that's the case they will update it again and again until the "F2P FUT/MyClub Vogue" will end, people will be bored and they need to found something else... And often "something else" is back to the basics (games sold at full price + "Complete edition") : when the F2P/Card games etc. will became a standard, modes will be repetitive, restricted even with some DLCs and nothing new...

Of course I focus on Console as they bring more money, and still there, people don't buy it less etc. so they still a bit for some game, but a lot more over PC gaming in terms of sell for PES/Sports games types. From that type of game : console world still dictate the New or Old gen as well as feature.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Some through about the PES/EFB late future)

There's a thing i'm thinking about, and many of us too... But i see in my crystal ball that Efootball "engine" will be brought one day by another company or people from Konami, under other directive, like something obvious. ll.
Now, if another company buy the whole ex-PES production / probably now Efootball Production (ugh) as creating a football game is way too hard from nothing from players, systems etc., can be a good or a bad thing. They just can revamp a F2P mode or re-create a full AAA game... Depends from them.

Now PES/WE renaissance, for that, there's should be Nostalgia.
It sells, and a LOT. People's rush on Snes/NES/Megadrive mini... Even if i'm equiped for Retro-gaming since 2004 and my 1st "playable" PC.
The issue is not in close future but like in 5 min. to 10 years maximum :(
But people seems already nostalgic about PS2 PES etc., so let's see what plans they got or others people got to reproduce from scratch a PES 5 type game, or ISS Deluxe in pixel art and more feature (hope more directions)

But... Why not, when something fail it's not always the end. A 20+ years old sports game can't die like this in my opinion.
PES/Winning Eleven are brand, tilt on people minds, and even NBA2K can't rival in terms of popularity... Not even close : Football is international.

NOTE / Sorry for the long post again 😅
Imagine there's 3 posts a row; been a long time since i expressed myself and won't lie, got currently many issues in my life (health from my closest and friend, my dad, and big solitude)
Hope it's understandable for English people here with separation about different subjects linked to the thread ;)

PS/ Merry Christmas to every Evo members too 🎅🎅🎅

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom