After +500 hours of work, here's my 96-minute Final Realism Review of PES 2021

Well he told me to remove the turfs from the free version which makes sense as it's a paid mod. So you can get those stadiums (England, Spain, Italy) from the stadiums section here. Tbh for $3 it's worth getting his mod because it's pretty much why this footage looks so real. He individually edited every single stadium in these three countries, so you don't have a single grass color and pattern for the whole game. Even the fog is stadium-specific.
hey mate where can i get his turf mod?

I absolutely loved this video.
As a die-hard PES 5 (or more exactly: WE9LE) player, I never really bothered to try newer PES titles after 2014.

But this video makes want to check out and seriously try PES 2021.
Is it the most realistic PES with FUMA controls? Because in this video it certainly looks like it is.

But this video makes want to check out and seriously try PES 2021
Can I make a suggestion? Download Pes Lite, which is free, and play few Kick Off matches against AI first.
@The_Knight made an absolute brilliant video, which really shows potential of Pes. It made me jump straight back to Pes (im a Fuma player myself).
But I didnt last long. Its sluggish, AI is dull and the game is very boring after few matches.
I think seasonal update is about €5 now, so its not a big price, but still - Id suggest you try it first.
Coz it looks amazing on this video, but it doesnt really feel amazing when you play it.

Can I make a suggestion? Download Pes Lite, which is free, and play few Kick Off matches against AI first.
@The_Knight made an absolute brilliant video, which really shows potential of Pes. It made me jump straight back to Pes (im a Fuma player myself).
But I didnt last long. Its sluggish, AI is dull and the game is very boring after few matches.
I think seasonal update is about €5 now, so its not a big price, but still - Id suggest you try it first.
Coz it looks amazing on this video, but it doesnt really feel amazing when you play it.

I already did that and I kinda agree. I blamed it on me not practicing enough and the short 5 minute matches of the lite version (somehow the game length settings for Sider didn't work for me and the full vertsion is still sitting at €30 on Steam for me). Also as a PES 5 player, while the 2021 animations looked really nice, the players felt INCREDIBLY unresponsive. I thought this is just something I need to get used to.

So I was wondering: Do any of the earlier PES (2015-2020) do a better job at delivering a fully realistic gameplay experience on FUMA controls? Unfortunately I haven't played any of them.

So I was wondering: Do any of the earlier PES (2015-2020) do a better job at delivering a fully realistic gameplay experience on FUMA controls? Unfortunately I haven't played any of them
17 was the best IMO. AI was fun to play against. Very physical and responsive. Maybe it wasnt most realistic looking pes , but it was very fun to play.

I already did that and I kinda agree. I blamed it on me not practicing enough and the short 5 minute matches of the lite version (somehow the game length settings for Sider didn't work for me and the full vertsion is still sitting at €30 on Steam for me). Also as a PES 5 player, while the 2021 animations looked really nice, the players felt INCREDIBLY unresponsive. I thought this is just something I need to get used to.

So I was wondering: Do any of the earlier PES (2015-2020) do a better job at delivering a fully realistic gameplay experience on FUMA controls? Unfortunately I haven't played any of them.
Hmmm. I also loved WE9KLE and played it religiously. I do know though that the lite edition's offline experience is quite meh. The full 2021 game costs like $9 on cdkeys. I suggest you give it a try there...

Just finished watching this video this morning before work.

Great job, OP.

You highlighted one of my biggest concerns with PES, the lack of animations, even mentioning my biggest annoyance, the pass-behind animation (ugh... I just... ugh).

The traditional approach to motion capture seems slow and expensive, and I'd hope Komani is actively researching this field. I don't know what the status of the research is, but a good AI driven approach to do mo-cap from footage would be a game-changer.

I had a lot of things I wanted to say or ask. However, and luckily for you, I can't remember but a few right now. :)

Since you like free-kicks, I'll include my biggest annoyance regarding them: Defending against AI free-kicks. It's just too easy. You just take control of the keeper, and move them to the opposite side a little before the ball is kicked.

Regarding crossing, I'm quite fond of the low cross (quickly double tap O or B), though I'm not sure how successful that is against real players (AI-only guy).

I don't think I'm a good dribbler. And I remember finding the dribbling (specially the finesse dribbling) much more enjoyable in the early PES 20. Do you feel like PES 21 (rather, PES 21b) is quite different from the demo, or am I looking at the past through rose-tinted glasses?

I also want to mention again--terrific work, OP.

As always, amazing video. I've been mad at PES, but it made me want to play lol. I've been trying so hard to get used to FUMA, but I can't create any chances. Most of my games end up in a draw or I concede 1 and can't come back. In the last 10 or so games since I switched to FUMA, I've only scored once and it was some kind of comedy goal which I didn't even intend on scoring lmao. It's not even the shooting which is stopping me. Any tips on chance creation? I tried the long pass counter attack tactics, but my players don't make runs no matter which player has the ball. So I'm stuck passing around in front of the other teams defense lol.

As always, amazing video. I've been mad at PES, but it made me want to play lol. I've been trying so hard to get used to FUMA, but I can't create any chances. Most of my games end up in a draw or I concede 1 and can't come back. In the last 10 or so games since I switched to FUMA, I've only scored once and it was some kind of comedy goal which I didn't even intend on scoring lmao. It's not even the shooting which is stopping me. Any tips on chance creation? I tried the long pass counter attack tactics, but my players don't make runs no matter which player has the ball. So I'm stuck passing around in front of the other teams defense lol.
10 games only? That's what, one or two days max? Don't despair so early ;) I probably spent at least 1-2 months, losing my games and ending up in the bottom 3 for a season or two. At one point I felt it's broken and that I should go back to shooting assists. Passing wasn't an issue after a few days on no assists. Shooting was the big issue. I spent those first two months just hoping to get the ball on target. Then the muscle memory clicked and I now have a good grasp of where my ball would end up with the current angle I'm holding. As I say in the video, there's no way I'm ever going back, especially now that long rangers are back on the menu.

Use the coming month or two before eFootball is out, to learn the ins and outs of FUMA, so by the time it's here you don't need to pay-to-win, and can get by using your actual skills.

I probably spent at least 1-2 months, losing my games and ending up in the bottom 3 for a season or two. At one point I felt it's broken and that I should go back to shooting assists
I was going back to assisted multiple times on my journey.
Getting frustrated, switching it off, going back to PA1. Then missing the freedom from Manual. Seeing a player run and thinking "if only I was on manual I could pass into the space there...". Going back. Getting frustrated. PA1 again. :LOL:
It was a vicious cycle for a good while, until I noticed going back to PA1 happened less and less often, until it stopped completely. And I never went back.

Even though I've tried manual passing before, I've always felt that for my style of play, PA1 is better since I quite like the weight of passing stats. In any case, some of the gameplay mods make PA1 more sensitive to pass strength and with more errors so that works for me. :TU: Now and again I will switch it up but I suppose it all comes down to personal preferences.. Anyway.. Great job on the video bro! :TU:

Last edited:
Same problem for me. But I am not consider quiting FUMA though. Practicing every time in free training, exhibition matches and all. Now, I am almost good in passing the ball. Shooting is the harder thing here. I need to get better at shooting and I'm done. FUMA is the most interesting, harder and enjoyable way of playing a full realistic football simulation. Not to mention, I was on keyboard for 3 years and I just got a cheap controller last month. From there, I am on FUMA practicing every matches. I didn't even know how to make passes on controller accurately in pass assist basic controls that time (before 2 or 3 weeks).. Now, I am better than before. But not the best. But I hope for the best.

Same problem for me. But I am not consider quiting FUMA though. Practicing every time in free training, exhibition matches and all. Now, I am almost good in passing the ball. Shooting is the harder thing here. I need to get better at shooting and I'm done. FUMA is the most interesting, harder and enjoyable way of playing a full realistic football simulation. Not to mention, I was on keyboard for 3 years and I just got a cheap controller last month. From there, I am on FUMA practicing every matches. I didn't even know how to make passes on controller accurately in pass assist basic controls that time (before 2 or 3 weeks).. Now, I am better than before. But not the best. But I hope for the best.
Great Video mate. Can I please ask if I download Jeremiah's mod do I have to remove the Endo Turfs that I have installed? I just wanted to double check how it all works before I purchase and how the installation process works. Thanks

Great Video mate. Can I please ask if I download Jeremiah's mod do I have to remove the Endo Turfs that I have installed? I just wanted to double check how it all works before I purchase and how the installation process works. Thanks
I guess you are suppose to quote/reply to @The_Knight Isn't it? or you pinged me itself for the help? Anyway, Jeremiah's Turf & Fog Mods are added as an addon for stadiums inside stadium-server. So, it won't affect other stuffs outside that. So, you can keep pretty much everything. You'll be able to play correctly if you follow the instructions properly. Good luck mate.

I guess you are suppose to quote/reply to @The_Knight Isn't it? or you pinged me itself for the help? Anyway, Jeremiah's Turf & Fog Mods are added as an addon for stadiums inside stadium-server. So, it won't affect other stuffs outside that. So, you can keep pretty much everything. You'll be able to play correctly if you follow the instructions properly. Good luck mate.
Sorry Mate yes I was lol. Thanks for your response though. Much appreciated

Hmm. Looks like you have a reply already, but Jeremiah's stadium server is more than just the turf, it's also the weather effects and stadium details like net posts and nets etc. Each stadium turf is unique and custom made to replicate the version on TV, so it's not like any other turf mod which applies the same effect to every stadium. It works well with GFX MOD, but Jeremiah has a different one to replace it called 'FIFA turf'. I suppose I'd ask Jeremiah directly as he's happy to individually help people with installing his mod.

Hmm. Looks like you have a reply already, but Jeremiah's stadium server is more than just the turf, it's also the weather effects and stadium details like net posts and nets etc. Each stadium turf is unique and custom made to replicate the version on TV, so it's not like any other turf mod which applies the same effect to every stadium. It works well with GFX MOD, but Jeremiah has a different one to replace it called 'FIFA turf'. I suppose I'd ask Jeremiah directly as he's happy to individually help people with installing his mod.
Thank you @The_Knight I will ask Jeremiah directly for his advice! Do you know the best way of contacting him as i'm a bit old school and don't have hardly any social media lol. I might try his youtube!

It works well with GFX MOD, but Jeremiah has a different one to replace it called 'FIFA turf'.
So, can we just install GFX Mod + any turf for more improvement in-terms of turf. What's the use of GFX Mod + Other turfs? Sometimes, GFX Mod didn't working correctly for me. Any help for that?

@The_Knight thank you for this video, as a long term console player the disappointment of efootball 2022 and your video inspired me to get PES 2021 on PC and apply the mods and try out FUMA, loving it so far! I have one question though, I have downloaded your all-in-one patch folder and applied the paid Jeremiah stadiums and cameras but am finding some stadiums (in particular the German ones but some others as well) have no adboards at all. I asked Jeremiah about this directly but he said to ask the patchmaker. Would you kindly be able to point me in the direction of how to update/fix these adboards? I saw on your youtube video you linked to a Predator adboard post, but then saw in your folder you have some other adboard folder so was a bit unsure. Thanks again!

@The_Knight thank you for this video, as a long term console player the disappointment of efootball 2022 and your video inspired me to get PES 2021 on PC and apply the mods and try out FUMA, loving it so far! I have one question though, I have downloaded your all-in-one patch folder and applied the paid Jeremiah stadiums and cameras but am finding some stadiums (in particular the German ones but some others as well) have no adboards at all. I asked Jeremiah about this directly but he said to ask the patchmaker. Would you kindly be able to point me in the direction of how to update/fix these adboards? I saw on your youtube video you linked to a Predator adboard post, but then saw in your folder you have some other adboard folder so was a bit unsure. Thanks again!

I use @predator002 's incredible video adboards here:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/preds-upd...st-1-full-contents.84047/page-46#post-3690313

They include German Bundesliga! Here is the link he posted in his thread: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mksmspf20tenstb/Preds2021_Ads_Germany_V1a.rar/file

Last edited:
Haven´t seen it yet, but I just had to coment on the great work you've done. Thank you!

I believe that PES 2021 is the best we currently have to play, probably for the next years to come. Despite it's flaws, there are many issues that are actually features related with things we didn´t even think about, like "line of sight" for example.

Thank you - what I remain confused about is that in Predator post he says to create a "pred-ads" folder inside livecpk. But in your folders you do not have this, and instead have other ad folders that I can see like "EvoAds". Would it be a problem if I added some of the "pred-ads" as well - how would the game know which to use?

As mentioned I am brand new to PC modding and very appreciative of any help. Thanks again!

EDIT I tried installing the bundesliga as per your link and seems to be working fine. As per above I'm not sure how the game is picking which adboards to show but as long as it works I'm happy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom