After +500 hours of work, here's my 96-minute Final Realism Review of PES 2021

Having experimented a bit now with manual shooting I am a bit disappointed with the lack of control on the finesse shots. I wonder what your thoughts are on advanced shooting mode, in order to get more control than basic but also keeping the option of curling shots. I don't remember seeing this in your video but apologies if it was. Thanks!

Hi bros! So, after playing PA1 for a long time in PES 2021, I finally decided to give Manual Passing a serious try in my Master League. :TU:

I'm getting better at it, especially the ground passing, timing, direction, etc. but I have a few questions for you guys..

First, I saw a video by The True Brits, which showed that passing with "X" was not as good as passing with "triangle" (through ball) all the time. What are you guys' thoughts on this? I quite enjoy the sensitivity of passing with "X", but here he states the advantages of passing with through ball all the time, do you think this is accurate? I don't know, at first it seems like it does give an advantage in pass speed, but it feels a litle cheap because of increased assistance?

Second, I am having a really tough time with crosses. I can't seem to figure them out. I've tried chip crossing with R2 (suggested by @Joga), making a continuous left stick movement, stopping, you name it. It always goes all over the place. I definitely need some tips with this.

Also, through ball lobbing is difficult, I am having a tough time positioning my lobs through the defense, they always seem to fall way short.

Aside from these issues, I must say I am enjoying Manual Passing. I've always defended PA1, because of the influence of the stats, but now that I think that stats do matter in FUMA (this is a very important point to me, because I really want these numbers to matter), I am ready to try the increased freedom of this style. Could anybody confirm how specifically, stats influence this mode?

In anycase, if you guys could give me some tips that would be awesome. Thanks. :BSCARF:
Regarding the passing with through pass, its fast and allows for passes through some tight spaces and also longer distances because of its speed. It also always stays way closer to ground than the standard pass and thus, easier first touches.
Its a matter of preference but I like using all ways to pass. For example, the slow speed and bouncy trajectory of standard ground pass allows me to add more weight and allow more room for the fast player to run into forward space since the pass arrives slower. Since the pass arrived slower it will be harder for keeper to rush and get the pass before my player. This is just one of many examples you'll find.
I'd say experiment with it to find what works best in specefic scenarios.

Important NOTE: With manual passing use basic through pass in settings. The description says that basic through pass reflects you pass setting while advanced is like advanced shooting regardless of the pass assistance setting. Advanced through balls are very good but are very slow to aim. To have manual through passing just like ground passing use basic here.

For crosses, aiming and power are both important. Also position your crosser at an angle less than 90° towards the target.
And for stats, you would have to compensate for curve, kicking power etc. especially when using early/lofted cross(holding player select L1 button while crossing).
The R2 high cross, I've found is useful for when you want to force aerial advantage. By that I mean using your players physical and heading stats. Since this R2 cross goes high, your target player's and opposite defender's position before the cross doesn't matter a lot since they have time to adjust according to physical stats.
If you use normal cross or early/lofted cross, players don't have lot of time to change position after a cross and that's why player positions before the cross matter much more in this case. This position advantage is very useful if you don't have aerial targets. An example of this is Liverpool as they have forwards with high speed and good positioning advantage especially in counter attacks.

For through lobs don't use L1+Triangle and Use Normal Lob button. There is no difference (apart from when you power L1+Triangle low for chip through pass) and normal lob has a longer range. Also Push the ball further away by sprinting and then power the pass for even longer distance.

If you wanna know about the different ways of passing in manual, check my guide here : https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes-21-fuma-tips.88755/
Cheers

Absolute respect bro. I worked on PES 2021 too with more or less the same amount of hours, but for creating and sending to people.
So i know how much you have to be involved and how much free time it's taking. 5 days a week since August, and i continue.

Same as you who focused on every part of the game, i want also to focus on every players in game no joke. But i don't think i will keep it up until the end sincerely. It's like searching and comparing every IG players.... If it was PES 2019 or PES 2020 at the limit, it would be far easier.

And as i see, i wasn't too wrong : aswell as we're ALL tired of the FOX-like PES, that game is good and well balanced, despites some flaws.
I know much more people liking it that disliking it completely / Well it's about the graphisms and ambiance repetitive since PES 2015 let's be honest
Thanks @The_Knight , i will check all your like a documentary, as you tested and puts on evidence about the game.
If you spend so much time... That game can't be bad at all. Just there's a lot of thing we don't have a clue when we're playing, "hiddens" controls for some slikks, about everything etc.

Back
Top Bottom