Bohemia Interactive's Enfusion Engine

What about other vehicles types ... will they be included in Reforger ?? I mean, ARMA without tanks, planes and helicopters simply does not count for me -- even though i like general feeling of the game so far.

I would assume they will be added in at a later date.
But then this isn't Arma, it is a totally different game.

This is more so people can get used to the new engine and provide valuable feedback.
And also get used to the tools available on how to make missions.

I have decided to bite the bullet and purchase the game and will give it a go later tonight.

I would assume they will be added in at a later date.
But then this isn't Arma, it is a totally different game.

This is more so people can get used to the new engine and provide valuable feedback.
And also get used to the tools available on how to make missions.

I have decided to bite the bullet and purchase the game and will give it a go later tonight.
Well, I also dont expect 10 different tank/planes types ... or something new like ships/drones/rockets ...
This is just test, understand.

But come on Bohemia, I played original FP --- I must have attack on Reggina with M113, M60, and at least Cobra air support, even in this bare-bone-demo experince.

If that's your experience I'm sad, hence the emoticon :) I'm not involved with the development side and don't have an Xbox so haven't experienced it for myself, I'm sure it will improve as the engine matures, it's at a very early stage right now :)

The question remains though: Why the company releases an Early Access MP focused game instead of waiting another 2 years to provide a fully pledged SP game with some co-op MP elements? You'll probably respond the reason is financial and I understand that but it's obvious there's absolutely no intention to listen to a big fan base that wants this game to go back to its original roots.

The question remains though: Why the company releases an Early Access MP focused game instead of waiting another 2 years to provide a fully pledged SP game with some co-op MP elements? You'll probably respond the reason is financial and I understand that but it's obvious there's absolutely no intention to listen to a big fan base that wants this game to go back to its original roots.

For the most part that's covered on the Steam store page:

What the developers have to say:

Why Early Access?​

“We are very familiar with the Early Access release method, as the previous game in the series, Arma 3, also originally launched in Early Access. By working alongside our community, we were able to deliver a unique and varied military game that players still enjoy to this day, and while Arma Reforger is more focused on the Cold War theme, we are hoping to create a similar experience here.

Our past releases have taught us that it is vital to bring players in to help us refine and polish the game, and bring it to the level that both we and our community can be happy with.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?​

“We are expecting the Early Access phase to last a year, maximum.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?​

“The game currently includes most of the core features and supporting systems. However, throughout Early Access, we plan to have 3 major updates, adding more content, such as: new weapons, artillery, new gadgets.
We will also keep improving features such as health, artificial intelligence, and destruction of the environment.
We expect the game to mature during the Early Access and shape the future of the Arma series.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?​

“The game is currently a "core package" that gives players a first look at how we see the future of the Arma series, something we can share, discuss, and enhance.
The game contains three game modes right now: several scenarios of "Conflict," a bigger scale, persistent game mode where players capture strategic points on the battlefield; Capture & Hold, a fast paced mode where players battle furiously for a vantage point of tactical importance; and Game Master, where players can let their imagination run wild and create their own missions.
All game modes are available on Everon, a fully-fledged re-imagining of terrain from Operation Flashpoint. Players can pick between two factions with distinctive weaponry.
For more information about the content, see "About This Game" section.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?​

“The price will remain the same after Early Access.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?​

“We intend to use a range of different methods to engage with the Community and gather player feedback. These include communicating with the players directly on our official forums and Steam discussions, requesting, gathering, and processing of feedback through a dedicated feedback tracker support system, and using analytics tools to gather anonymous data.”

But I would definitely say the reason it was released as it is now was not financial.

This is Reforger, not Arma4, that will be a different game using the same engine which will have matured over time.

If that's your experience I'm sad, hence the emoticon :) I'm not involved with the development side and don't have an Xbox so haven't experienced it for myself, I'm sure it will improve as the engine matures, it's at a very early stage right now :)

Thank you Placebo for posting this YT video. Now the battle begins. :APPLAUD::SAL::DANCE::EASY:

I've managed to get on Conflict servers tonight on the Xbox SX - turns out that, on the multiplayer menu, when you press the select button (two windows button) you gain access to the column headers (name, ping etc.)... Total fluke that I discovered that!

Then you can select "ping", press A to sort by that, and - here's the key bit - you use the RIGHT STICK to scroll the server list, and eventually it will reach a bunch of Conflict servers.

I was using the left stick, which will take you to the bottom of the first page and then stop. I thought that was the end of the list!

Anyway... Conflict is absolutely glorious.

Nobody is working together yet which is frustrating, but that's to be expected with a free to play (or free trial) game - and I am the only player in all my games to select and accept objectives from the objectives list...

(Also, when I select e.g. "build base", I have no idea where that should be, and I have no idea how to locate the vehicle depot and supplies in order to load up and build a base. But I suspect that's me being stupid.)

However, with every player spread out a little more, and with all the objectives and the constantly-evolving battle (radio stations being stolen and retaken) - and having to read the map etc. (no "you are here" on there)... It's glorious.

Think I'm going to love this @Placebo!

I've managed to get on Conflict servers tonight on the Xbox SX - turns out that, on the multiplayer menu, when you press the select button (two windows button) you gain access to the column headers (name, ping etc.)... Total fluke that I discovered that!

Then you can select "ping", press A to sort by that, and - here's the key bit - you use the RIGHT STICK to scroll the server list, and eventually it will reach a bunch of Conflict servers.

I was using the left stick, which will take you to the bottom of the first page and then stop. I thought that was the end of the list!

Nobody is working together yet which is frustrating, but that's to be expected with a free to play (or free trial) game - and I am the only player in all my games to select and accept objectives from the objectives list...

(Also, when I select e.g. "build base", I have no idea where that should be, and I have no idea how to locate the vehicle depot and supplies in order to load up and build a base. But I suspect that's me being stupid.)

However, with every player spread out a little more, and with all the objectives and the constantly-evolving battle (radio stations being stolen and retaken) - and having to read the map etc. (no "you are here" on there)... It's glorious.

This is what I want to hear.

Glad you figured it out and got to enjoy it a bit! How was the visuals/performance?

Glad you figured it out and got to enjoy it a bit! How was the visuals/performance?
In the close-quarters mode (Capture & Hold) the framerate would tank fairly often, especially on the castle "map" - seemingly because of the amount of players concentrated in one space, or maybe because of the night-time setting with lots of fires and visual effects - and that made it very difficult to appreciate the visuals (especially when this has a knock-on effect on trying to maneuver your character).

But in Conflict, that doesn't happen. As I was crawling through the grass on the way to a base and the sun was setting, casting golden rays through the trees, I caught myself thinking that it was a really beautiful game.

The only bits that spoilt the immersion were the rear-view mirror having a resolution of 6x3 (Tetris blocks fly across it) and, when you're driving, moving the stick from left to right makes your hands instantly switch sides and it looks like one of those Garry's Mod cartoons!

Oh and this, but, that's not the graphics at fault:

pkNRu9a.jpg

Well, I can't yet give an opinion on any of the modes as yet.

I joined 2 servers and both times the game kicked me out within 3 mins.
Nice load of mods available already though.

June 1st Update​

Attention soldiers,
We are going to update the Steam and Xbox versions of the game.
The Steam version will be updated on Wednesday 1st of June. There will be downtime of the servers between 12:00 - 15:00 CEST.
The Xbox version will be updated on Thursday 2nd of June. There will be downtime of the servers between 12:00 - 15:00 CEST.
Arma Reforger 0.9.5.61 changelog:

Game​

• Fixed: Rendering artifacts related to shadow cascades
  • Added: Smaller Conflict scenarios available in the Play and Scenarios menus
  • Fixed: AI in Idle behavior was not checking its surroundings and now does
  • Fixed: Explosives containers in Conflict would contain regular items instead
  • Fixed: Changed the faulty background in the PlayerTile groups layouts
  • Fixed: Magazines would stay attached to hands when a reload was interrupted by the equip action
  • Fixed: Crash in inventory when dropping a vehicle inside a turret
  • Tweaked: Ural upshift RPM increased to 1250
  • Added: Option to change the gamepad Y-axis orientation
  • Fixed: Potential character teleport under the surface when exiting a flipped vehicle
  • Tweaked: AI perception at night
  • Fixed: Mouse aiming of turrets became unreliable with high FPS
  • Tweaked: Collisions and destruction of certain small props, walls and environmental objects
  • Fixed: Steam platform saves are now gracefully freed
  • Fixed: Potential crash when closing Game Master mode
  • Fixed: The vicinity would not get refreshed when proxy clients manipulate items inside a storage hierarchy
  • Fixed: Skipped paths in the climbing test for valid climb-over points (climbing through a window)
  • Fixed: Suppressing sprint when going into ADS with binoculars or another gadget
  • Fixed: Potential crash on exit related to UI
  • Fixed: Collision of cars with gate bars could sink the cars under the terrain
  • Fixed: Characters killed (or players disconnected) while inside a vehicle could end up stuck next to the vehicle or sitting on the road
  • Fixed: Improved door contact detection
  • Fixed: Item gestures would not be possible with the character in a throwing stance
  • Fixed: Weapon equip actions are now checking the availability of gestures to prevent delayed pickups
  • Fixed: Binding keys can now be cancelled by pressing the Escape key
  • Fixed: Equipping a weapon could potentially crash the game
  • Fixed: Changing the model of an animated items could potentially crash the game
  • Fixed: Radios would not be returned to the radio pool on disconnecting
  • Fixed: Players could get stuck during the Tutorial scenario when building a bunker
  • Changed: When a player gets banned, the duration of the ban is displayed to them
  • Tweaked: Localization strings and phrasing

Xbox​

• Fixed: Password entry on the virtual keyboard
  • Changed: TV audio is no longer muted when headphones are plugged into the controller

Multiplayer​

• Changed: Improved the ACK system to reduce resend rates and bandwidth spikes when the server streams a new map regions to players
  • Fixed: Clients are now handling disconnection from the server during a world reload
  • Tweaked: Optimized the transfer of fire action in turrets
  • Hotfixed: Graceful return from an online session to the main menu on resuming from being suspended
  • Fixed: Sanitized ServerCommandHandler in case the player is no longer available
  • Fixed: Improved the network frames acknowledgement mechanism
  • Fixed: Network streaming or disconnecting could potentially crash the game
  • Changed: Animation data from owners (rather than the server, as it previously was) is now played on proxies by default (this can be disabled by -noForwardOwnerAnimations on the server)
  • Tweaked: Improved smoothness of characters in multiplayer

Rendering​

• Hotfixed: Rendering artifacts visible on some surfaces when using scopes or the inventory
  • Hotfixed: Building interiors going suddenly pitch black
  • Fixed: Clutter not being removed by decals
  • Fixed: Flickering clutter when removed by decals and flickering decals

Enfusion​

• Fixed: An incorrect sub-scene name could be shown in the scene tree
  • Changed: BattlEye is now always loaded from the game installation folder

Workbench​

• Tweaked: Height resampling is default now when importing a height map in World Editor
  • Fixed: RDB cache showing files not present in an addon
  • Added: The current backend environment is shown in the status bar now
  • Fixed: World Editor - Crash when trying to save a world into a read-only folder
  • Fixed: Ignoring "Armature" bones from Blender
  • Changed: Forbidden use of Workbench as a replication client
  • Tweaked: World Editor - Better default camera position
  • Fixed: World Editor - Crash when displaying an entity's context menu
  • Fixed: Changing properties of DecoratorEntity in Behavior Editor could crash Workbench

Backend​

• Fixed: Crashing for some people when they are manipulating the server browser
  • Removed: Local rating update in Workshop
  • Changed: Backend - Dedicated Server shutdown invoked in 3 seconds, after a heartbeat fails 3 times
  • Tweaked: Manifests of old addons are now properly removed when updating
  • Fixed: Backend - When room registration fails, a server now properly shuts down
  • Fixed: Sometimes servers would not be visible in the server browser after disconnecting
  • Changed: Improved error reporting of service-related issues
Published at 01 June 2022

I really enjoyed the beta. Thanks for posting this!
I'm a massive Arma fan. I've played Arma 1, 2 and 3 a lot. I even bought the first Operation Flashpoint (also made by Bohemia Interactive) solely because of how good it looked on the box (in Woolworths RIP) and I never do that. I was there when Arma 2 started the Dayz and Battle Royale obsession and copycats that soon followed.

Cool to see a Bohemia Interactive developer here @Placebo . You ever play the Arma 2 mods? The one with the 10 prostitutes scattered across the map and 1 killer? Or, Escape Chenarus, was it called that? Where you start off in a prison and then have to find out where you are by stealing a map and reading road signs etc and eventually escape. Those two mods I played so much with mates, so much fun, amazing memories.

Cool to see a Bohemia Interactive developer here @Placebo . You ever play the Arma 2 mods? The one with the 10 prostitutes scattered across the map and 1 killer? Or, Escape Chenarus, was it called that? Where you start off in a prison and then have to find out where you are by stealing a map and reading road signs etc and eventually escape. Those two mods I played so much with mates, so much fun, amazing memories.

Truth be told I haven't played any Arma for decades! The type of games I like to play definitely evolved as I got older, much prefer single player open world survival/RPG type games these days :) I did play some Ylands, thought that was a really cool game to come out of Bohemia :) If DayZ/Vigor were SP I'd be all over them :)

Back
Top Bottom