Bundesliga Thread 2012/13

Re: Bundesliga Thread 2010/2011

Congratulation to Dortmund for an outstanding season and it proves once again the fact: Who's on top at the end of the season, has deserved it. A fantastic season for this young team, that played a beautiful football. :APPLAUD:

Good for football that a young team can win the title...nothing against Bayern, but i'm always happy if another team wins the title in Germany.

I hope they fare better than Wolfsburg...it seems to me Borussia has less big ego's in the dressing room.

Nice to see Dortmund back among the big boys in Europe.

Good for football that a young team can win the title...nothing against Bayern, but i'm always happy if another team wins the title in Germany.

I hope they fare better than Wolfsburg...it seems to me Borussia has less big ego's in the dressing room.

I think they will fare better than Wolfsburg, they shouldnt have the issues Wolfsburg had with Magath leaving (after winning the Bundeslig) and then Veh coming in with a new system. There are rumours of Jurgen Klopp going to a "bigger" club but I can't see him leaving. Dortmund have some great young players, everyone knows about Sahin, Grosskreutz and Gotze (by the way an interesting fact is he was the first international to play for Germany that was born in a re-unified Germany with Schuerrle for Mainz). But they also have other great young players like Bender, Subotic and Langerak who are all under 22. So congratulations for them and the rest of the Dortmund players for winning.

Also congratulations for Hertha Berlin who are now back in the 1er Bundesliga after one year in 2er. It's a shame there will be no Berliner Stadtderby though, almost 75,000 people for a second league game back in Feb!

Matchday 33
Schalke 1-3 Mainz
Bremen 2-0 Dortmund
Leverkusen 1-1 Hamburg
Stuttgart 2-1 Hannover
Wolfsburg 1-2 Kaiserslautern
Frankfurt 0-2 Koln
Monchengladbach 2-0 Freiburg
Nurnberg 1-2 Hoffenheim
St Pauli 1-8 Bayern

table
1 Dortmund 72
2 Leverkusen 65
----------------------
3 Bayern 62
----------------------
4 Hannover 57
5 Mainz 55
----------------------
6 Nurnberg 47

11 Stuttgart 42
12 Bremen 41
13 Koln 41
14 Schalke 40
15 Wolfsburg 35
----------------------
16 Monchengladbach 35
----------------------
17 Frankfurt 34
18 St Pauli 29 (relegated)

Bayern can go to 2nd place if they win vs Stuttgart next week and if Leverkusen lose at Freiburg.
Problem is coach of Freiburg, Robin Dutt, he will be new Leverkusen coach next year.
Hannover is out of the Champions League race!

St Pauli is relegated. Frankfurt have to get points in Dortmund next week.
Wolfsburg will play in Hoffenheim and Monchengladbach will play in Hamburg. It will be a very dramatic final matchday.
I hope for rescue of Monchengladbach, they have a great tradition.
The team on spot 16 will play 2 play-off matches vs 3rd of second league.

Sahin is going to real madrid...about to be a press conference about it soon...Bad new for Dortmund and I also think that could be a big disaster in sahin career...you dont make a career playing for real madrid, most of the time your simply going on a downhill...ask sneijder,Robben,Van der vaart, Benzema, drenthe,Canales, Pedro leon but I guess STILL players cant say no to real madrid =p

I think he's making a huge mistake, as do most people when they go to Real.

He won't get played, he'll stagnate and eventually probably wind up back in Germany at a lower table club trying to rescue his career.

I think he's making a huge mistake, as do most people when they go to Real.

He won't get played, he'll stagnate and eventually probably wind up back in Germany at a lower table club trying to rescue his career.

Completely agree with you.3
Sahin would be a great buy for Man Utd.

Damn, Wolfsburg might very well go down now!

I think Frankfurt can get points of the champions next week just like Bremen did this week. They'll be fully motivated and BVB is in party mode.

I do think the team that will finish 16th will probably beat 3rd place of 2nd Bundesliga though so they might be safe but Wolfsburg of Gladbach might end up 17th if they don't get results and Frankfurt does.

If Wolfsburg get relegated with that squad of players!!! I can't remember the last time, a team went down from Bundesliga having players like that!!!

In last year Hertha also had great players, but not like Wolfsburg. I can't imagine Bundesliga without Wolfsburg. If that happens it will be a big loss for the league I think.

In last year Hertha also had great players, but not like Wolfsburg. I can't imagine Bundesliga without Wolfsburg. If that happens it will be a big loss for the league I think.
I doubt anyone in Germany would miss them to be honest.

Definitely. I am happy if this VW paid club of idiots will finally be back again in the 2. Bundesliga. Especially after they engaged Magath and promised him that much if he saves them.

Even as a Cologne supporter I hope, Gladbach will stay, while Frankfurt goes into the relegation and Wolfsburg into the 2. BuLi.

For me Gladbach must stay, even if Reus will go away after the season. :P

Wolfsburg as a club in terms of tradition and history is one of the smallest ones (opposite of Gladbach) but because of recent success as well as $$$, they're hated in much of Germany just like Hoffenheim. And yeah Reus will leave probably. Looks like a great player. I'm impressed!

Hertha had some decent players last year but their squad was nowhere near comparable to this Wolfsburg side. This is a side that could be challenging for title. Instead it's getting relegated. It just shows how player quality is less important than many think and performance, motivation, teamwork, coach is so much more important and all of these important factors have gone wrong for Wolfsburg this year.

Their actual squad of players (and remember they still had Dzeko for half the season) is better than any team I've ever seen relegated from any of the top leagues! Including the great Leeds side a few years back. These guys are gonna make history for all the wrong reasons! :LOL:

I remember the West Ham side of 2002/03 but Wolfsburg trump them completely. How can a side with big names such as Diego, Grafite, Kjaer, Friedrich, Kahlenburg, Benaglio - almost all of whom are regular internationals, be in the bottom-half of the table, nevermind fighting relegation!

I have to be honest, Diego seems to have been hopeless in the last few years. Since he moved to Juventus it was as though his talent evaporated. At Wolfsburg he's nothing like as good as the player he was at Bremen and his game has regressed massively. Similar with Kjaer, he now just looks like a very ordinary player and nothing like as talented as he was in Serie A.

Today was the 1st leg of the relegation play-off and Gladbach won their home match vs Bochum in the last second of the stoppage time with a goal from De Camargo. Great match and great result, I'm really happy for them. :))

Gladbach stayed up in the end, it was 1-1 in second leg, and so they won 2-1 overall. In the other play-off there was a fantastic result. Dynamo Dresden drew the honme game with Osnabrück 1-1. In the second leg in Osnabrück they went 1-0 down, but fought to make it 1-1. It went to extra time and they managed to win 3-1 (so 4-2 overall).

It means Osnabrück is down to 3er Bundesliga but Dynamo Dresden, one of the most historic clubs in central Europe, is now back in the 2er Bundesliga.

Good to see Dynamo Dresden in the second division, i hope to see them in the Bundesliga one of these years...

Yep same!!

And great news about M'Gladbach!!

Hopefully in near future, we can see Dresden, Gladbach and all other great historic clubs up there and some hopefully even challenging with some investment because not everyone can do what Dortmund did without much investment.

Great season opener!
Match broadcasted in 199 countries! Next year it'll be at least 200. ;)

BVB are for real.

Missing Sahin, Barrios, Schmelzer and Subotic today and you couldn't even tell. Gundogan looks ready made replacement and even physically resembles the other German-Turk and Lewandowski and Santana proved they're good backup once again today. Young Lowe did a decent enough job filling in for Schmelzer as well.

Such attractive AND effective football. Can't wait to see this team in CL against likes of Barca.

Super Mario Gotze really is one to watch. Kagawa will be a superstar too, just needs to be a little less selfish and Kevin GroBkreuz, this guy's so impressive! He's just such an effective player. And he probably has biggest stamina than 99% of players even in Bundesliga and EPL!

They steam rolled Hamburg.

HSV will do well to finish 8th again. I don't see a lot of potential there. Of course it was the hardest match to have at Signal Iduna Park against defending champs but I don't really believe in the coach and some of the acquisitions haven't been that good either.

And they've lost quality in players that have left.

Few bright spots will be there and one I think will be Gokhan Tore who already today was showing a lot of promise and one of the few Hamburg players with a worthy performance.

Back
Top Bottom