eFootball (All Platforms)

So I suggest...enjoy it as long as it´s in the game
Both football games suffer from things like this. Cutting animations short, adjusting collisions to get less fouls, getting rid of fatigue. All to make sure game flows like a mad river.
Which might be exciting for some, but very sad for others.
I always think of retail versions, where on few occasions I had players catching injury when you left them on the pitch for too long. Full sprint and then they start jumping on one leg, holding the other.
Stuff like this never stays in the game, which is very sad to see.
The depth and random events are being replaced by calculated flow.
Even if developers had a certain vision of the game - they crack under pressure and reverse to known mechanics. Its a curse of the modern football games.

Edit: all of the above makes me even less optimistic about future of eFootball. Challenging defending, making sure you time your tackles right - they tried that with Pes20 demo. There was an uproar and defending was dumbed down. Im afraid all the good things people see now in eFootball - will all be dumbed down along with bug fixes. Fouls, timed tackles, randomness. Easiest way to increase player awareness is to make the ball less free. If it always go directly to intended target - there wont be any confusion. We've all seen this before.

There's definitely an element of that, certainly beyond the walls of this forum. Many flatly object to eFootball and had their minds made up about this game long ago. And boy did Konami serve up plenty of ammo for them. I'm not a fan of it but I'm all memed out.

Rather than comparing them now, do you think eFootball is a better game in 2021 than PES5 was in 2005?
No ofcourse not, PES5 in 2005 was a great installment of the game. eFootball is obviously a buggy mess, but I'm saying is that the core is for me a lot more enjoyable than the later PES games are.

Both football games suffer from things like this. Cutting animations short, adjusting collisions to get less fouls, getting rid of fatigue. All to make sure game flows like a mad river.
Which might be exciting for some, but very sad for others.
I always think of retail versions, where on few occasions I had players catching injury when you left them on the pitch for too long. Full sprint and then they start jumping on one leg, holding the other.
Stuff like this never stays in the game, which is very sad to see.
The depth and random events are being replaced by calculated flow.
Even if developers had a certain vision of the game - they crack under pressure and reverse to known mechanics. Its a curse of the modern football games.

Edit: all of the above makes me even less optimistic about future of eFootball. Challenging defending, making sure you time your tackles right - they tried that with Pes20 demo. There was an uproar and defending was dumbed down. Im afraid all the good things people see now in eFootball - will all be dumbed down along with bug fixes. Fouls, timed tackles, randomness. Easiest way to increase player awareness is to make the ball less free. If it always go directly to intended target - there wont be any confusion. We've all seen this before.
We certainly don t object without reasons:
For example, i hated pes since 2012, i didn t like the feel of game when it got to xbox 360, the older ps2 games were better, the only pes that i liked in the past 10 years would be pes 2017, because it has something different but still with the non varied ai and super human cpu on superstar, no penalties, no fouls...etc these are the things that i hated the game for

We certainly don t object without reasons:
For example, i hated pes since 2012, i didn t like the feel of game when it got to xbox 360, the older ps2 games were better, the only pes that i liked in the past 10 years would be pes 2017, because it has something different but still with the non varied ai and super human cpu on superstar, no penalties, no fouls...etc these are the things that i hated the game for
And I agree with you on most.
We were always close to have a great game, but never got it. And each year we hoped next one will be the one. Never happened. So now, looking at their new direction - I doubt that they will be fixing things we would like them to fix.
So I agree with you.
Apart from the part where you said Pes17 had no fouls and penalties. Its literally the only 'recent' Pes that had fouls, cards and penalties. Just have a look at the last reply in Pes17 thread.

the only pes that i liked in the past 10 years would be pes 2017, because it has something different but still with the non varied ai and super human cpu on superstar, no penalties, no fouls...etc these are the things that i hated the game for
*Non varied Ai.
*No fouls.

Anyone else but me wanting to expand on those two?

I appreciate & read all the posts. Even if I disagree, I am still curious to know what aspects people enjoy.

So when I said post more videos, I meant it. Everyone might focus on a different detail & we gain more insight in general.
I want to see how this story unfolds. It's more interesting to me, than world politics at the minute. :LOL:
i do not enjoy at all.
playing few just to get GP and that is all.
no beautiful goals, no nothing, just broken game with 0 player awareness, but still i want to see what can they fix when they release full game.

Apart from the part where you said Pes17 had no fouls and penalties. Its literally the only 'recent' Pes that had fouls, cards and penalties. Just have a look at the last reply in Pes17 thread.
This. PES 2017 is very well balanced in this regard.
I still play it from time to time (PC) and I usually end with 4/5 free kicks against and 4/5 free kicks for us. I've rarely been awarded a penalty but I conceded some, that has to be said.

I honestly think they are just to proud to do something like this.
Your point about guinea pigs might as well be the nail on the head.
But they wouldnt admit it.

Thing I dont understand is this magical windsor built, that allegedly did not have many issues. If that version was from July - why is it not out yet as day 1 patch?
Why the patch is scheduled for the end of October and why do they say they are gathering all the issues as they go.
Surely if there was a better version - they should have updated that first and then gather a feedback on issues in updated version.

As it stands - I had a good laugh at all the memes. And now I just moved on.
Didnt download the game, might do it further down the line, but the whole eFootball fiasco is a clusterfuck from the moment it was announced.
In non-clinical trials Guinea pigs are mostly used for phototoxicity testing. Preferred species are dogs, rats, mice and non human primates for pivotal repeat-dose studies. So Guinea pig is a bit misplaced here.

In non-clinical trials Guinea pigs are mostly used for phototoxicity testing. Preferred species are dogs, rats, mice and non human primates for pivotal repeat-dose studies. So Guinea pig is a bit misplaced here.

Unless there is a language barrier, human guinea pig is a much used British expression, but thanks for sharing Your zoology expertise.

No ofcourse not, PES5 in 2005 was a great installment of the game. eFootball is obviously a buggy mess, but I'm saying is that the core is for me a lot more enjoyable than the later PES games are.

I get you. I was on the cusp of being triggered at the notion that someone would think eFootball is the best PES ever!

I do see some promise in eFootball. My hunch is it'll develop into a better game than 2021, which I find unplayably bland.

For the longest time this thread was about regular posters making the best of a terrible turn of events for our favourite series, swapping jokes and memes etc. Very difficult to change that atmosphere now. Any post of even being curious about where the new game might end up going is an implicit challenge to that status quo. Just my feeling having watched it over so many months. Maybe a new thread would be fitting and could be framed as more of a discussion.

For the longest time this thread was about regular posters making the best of a terrible turn of events for our favourite series, swapping jokes and memes etc. Very difficult to change that atmosphere now. Any post of even being curious about where the new game might end up going is an implicit challenge to that status quo. Just my feeling having watched it over so many months. Maybe a new thread would be fitting and could be framed as more of a discussion.
Usually threads like this go back to "normal" themselves.
People will get bored of memes, or will simply move on, leaving only the ones who do want to discuss.
Its still reasonably fresh and we will still have new people coming in to share their frustration, so memes and occasional rants will happen, regardless whether its a separate thread or not.

I never got this. Is it Neymar with a wig?! Please explain.
this Is all I have for this thread after scrolling through a couple of pages. Now, Isn’t that sad (I even ask myself)?!

and I’m off again… bringing my default ML squad to glory! ;)
Must be Neymar's long lost cousin.

check this issue and the solution that konami propose:
Known Issues19/10/2021Announcements
Update (19/10/2021)
See below for a list of issues recently confirmed by the dev team.
・The bottom part of the screen flickers during a match if you set the Display Quality to 'High'.
You can avoid this issue by going to [Extras] > [Game Settings] > [Screen] > [Display Quality] > [Custom] then changing the setting of [Turf] from 'High' to 'Medium'.

so this is the way to fix things from konami?
downgrade ?!?!?!?!!?!?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom