eFootball (All Platforms)

For the longest time this thread was about regular posters making the best of a terrible turn of events for our favourite series, swapping jokes and memes etc. Very difficult to change that atmosphere now. Any post of even being curious about where the new game might end up going is an implicit challenge to that status quo. Just my feeling having watched it over so many months. Maybe a new thread would be fitting and could be framed as more of a discussion.
I've adjusted the title to at least try to take some "official" toxicity out of it.

man, this game has more bugs than features.
how can people actually see potential in it.
let me put a short list.
1.horrible graphics even for ps3 era
2.horrible control scheme - when we had a good working one for over 10 years
3.very bad physics and animations
4. removed features such as fake-shot/cross feint, finese shot (or they are not here because this the freaking mobile version)
5.passing system seems a mess too

For the longest time this thread was about regular posters making the best of a terrible turn of events for our favourite series, swapping jokes and memes etc. Very difficult to change that atmosphere now. Any post of even being curious about where the new game might end up going is an implicit challenge to that status quo. Just my feeling having watched it over so many months. Maybe a new thread would be fitting and could be framed as more of a discussion.

I'm still very curious myself. Curious in a similar way to those Tsunami videos where someone is hanging on to a tree for dear life and you are wondering how long it will take for them to give up and be washed away.

To fix the shimmering 3d grass during gameplay camera, I hope they don't just remove it in the name of "fixing" it.

Cause 3D grass was visible during gameplay camera even on PES 21. This when working correctly, looks beautiful like we saw in PES 21.

Played efootball tonight 1 game, wasn't that bad but its so dull compared to 2021 which I then want on to play for 3 hours.

Interesting they are giving a 1000 point promotion in October to keep 2021 players playing. 2021 is getting nearly 10,000 people playing at its daily peak on steam compared to efootball with just 1900 people. Fifa getting up to 40k a day.

Efootball is so fooked right now, and Konami seem way off putting it right. The 2021 promotion got me obviously they are watching the numbers still playing

its in the game.
guys, at least scroll though the command list in-game before writing your critique's , stuff like this drags the valid points and postings down.
shot cancel is not the same thing as fake-shot
not in a million years

control scheme can't be altered as it was before even if you match buttons
at least play pes for 15+ years before writing your critique of my critique

I get you. I was on the cusp of being triggered at the notion that someone would think eFootball is the best PES ever!

I do see some promise in eFootball. My hunch is it'll develop into a better game than 2021, which I find unplayably bland.
Yeah I agree even though PES2021 is a great installment of the series it gets very bland. I've been palying with gameplay mods, but I can't get over the clunkyness the latter PES games have had, I used to be able to play seasons of ML back in the ps2 era but after half a season now I have to take a break.

not in a million years

Fake-shot and cross feint are in the game, R1.

not in a million years

It still is there. Just press R1/RT after you press shoot or cross. In prvious PES it was [ ] + X, now is [ ] + R1.

let me put a short list.
4. removed features such as fake-shot/cross feint, finese shot (or they are not here because this the freaking mobile version)

I agree in everything. We wait fixes

let me put a short list.

1. I don't fully agree. Graphics are okey-ish, but low res, aliasing, bad crowd and grass textures make them look really bad
2. Difficult control scheme, with strange decisions. I like the R2 analog ball touch, though
3. Animations are better than ever. The most complete and realistic I've seen from KONAMI. Physics are very buggy though, but for the first time you can feel that there are physics
4. Fake shot/pass is there (Shoot and then R1). Finesse Shot is there. (R1 pressed and Shoot)
5. Passes are a mixed bag. In +1 Speed everything looks ok, but still needs improvement.

Shooting gives a "meh" feeling. Generic and very linear.

1. I don't fully agree. Graphics are okey-ish, but low res, aliasing, bad crowd and grass textures make them look really bad
3. Animations are better than ever. The most complete and realistic I've seen from KONAMI. Physics are very buggy though, but for the first time you can feel that there are physics
1) and that, more or less, means that overall graphics quality is shit. I dont care if cutscenes look decent when my eyes hurt during the game and I can barely read player names on their shirts. Not to mention turf, which looks worse than PES 2021 mobile
3) its pretty much CTRL + C / CTRL + V from 20/21, same old Fox Engine, nothing new

It still is there. Just press R1/RT after you press shoot or cross. In prvious PES it was [ ] + X, now is [ ] + R1

But can someone name the reason of this change?
What was wrong with [ ] + X ???
What is the purpose of ruining my muscle memory?
Why is tackle moved to second player pressing? Why couldn't it be like before on double X tap?

WHY? WHY? WHY???

Even with new gameplay handling scheme could be extremely close to original. But japanese idiots simply mixed all buttons because fuck you that's why!

The most positive thing I can say at this stage is surely they can't make the game any worse when the game devs start to send out the patches and fixes this game desperately needs.

Last edited:
It still is there. Just press R1/RT after you press shoot or cross. In prvious PES it was [ ] + X, now is [ ] + R1.

ok, didn't know that, but it's like 10 times harder to perform and I won't be able to use it if they keep it like this and that's mostly because of the input lag this game has and sticky animations.
why change something that was perfect the way it was?

I wonder how a game that looks this bad stresses my CPU and GPU more than GTA V with redux mod installed?
it's hillarious how the GPU usage in efootball gameplay is less than on the pause screen (which bumps it up to 100%) . jesus!

not in a million years

1. you did not write about "shot cancel", you only wrote about fake shot.
2. cancel is also in the game, just use super cancel

3. what about finesse shot, you wrote its not in the game either, handily you do not mention it now, do you?

not only that, you then get passive aggressive, very bad, shame on you. :YAWN:

Shot Cancel and Fake Shot are there, just for some stupid reason they put it on R1 (new/"special control " if you ask me there is nothing special, just bad naming as always) . . . Fake shot is shot+ R1, shot cancel is shot + R2+R1 as was before, so.. yeah..

Back
Top Bottom