eFootball (All Platforms)

I will definitely try 2.0 to see if after April 18th (last played) they made really nice progress. I like it as a game, but it lacks a lot of mods and a huge lack of gameplay, graphics, for me this is a beta/demo version, or just like an indie game.

You must be really good at eFootball then, especially with the horrible player switching with manual passing and the delayed responsiveness which elevates the risks associated with passing in the back.

Luckily, probably around the same time you were writing about how ridiculously easy it is to pass in the back, both problems with the game manifested while I was -you guessed it- passing in the back:

Notice how Virgil needs to inexplicably take an extra touch before passing to Thiago even though I powered the pass well before he received it. By the time he makes the pass, Thiago is in a different place entirely and the ball goes to the opponent.

THEN, as if that wasn't enough, the game's broken player switching decided to shift the cursor to Alaba, who is the furthest defender to the play, instead of Virgil, who by the time he gets selected, is already past the player on the ball.

So yes, it isn't as risk free as you imply but then again, maybe you're just so good at the game.

It's cool you acknowledge the broken player switching. Feel like in your increasing praise for how revolutionary eFootball is, even on FUMA, you often leave out that glaring problem.

As for how good I am at eFootball – probably not very, especially since I don't even play it any more (trash product is trash – what's the point?).

That said, I can definitely pass it around better than you did in your clip. It almost looks like you're trying to lose it! That first VVD pass is pretty woeful for starters.

As for the second VVD pass, yeah Thiago has dropped back about a yard, but that's not really the issue there if you watch it again. The pass wouldn't have got to him if he had stood still, with the defender pressure, since it wasn't aimed well there either. Bigger issue though is that the selection bug switches player select to the forward instead, so you can't bring your intended receiver over to where you mis-aimed it.

But yeah, this isn't how you would effectively pass around the back anyway. For starters, you're on +1 attacking. You'd lower it to have players deeper. For another, you're not faking passes or dribbling into areas to bait out a press in one area to switch into space. And then there's the aiming issues. You'd also use your keeper more if you wanted to do this.

As I say, not that tricky (5th German division stuff), player switching aside. The issue is more why you'd (a) want to do this anyway and (b) feel no shame over admitting it and posting it :LOL:

Yeah saw this and had to chuckle. I expect there were far more popular petitions with other of Konami's IP and the regressive decisions they made to it. I understand the compulsion to try fixing this situation with people power, but ultimately, Konami would only ever see this as a petulant minority consumer base whom they don't care to market to anyway. There's no such thing as "consumer power" in this context really.

Yeah saw this and had to chuckle. I expect there were far more popular petitions with other of Konami's IP and the regressive decisions they made to it. I understand the compulsion to try fixing this situation with people power, but ultimately, Konami would only ever see this as a petulant minority consumer base whom they don't care to market to anyway. There's no such thing as "consumer power" in this context really.

I agree. To think a petition would change their path - after all the widespread criticism and humiliation they've endured in the last year - is naïve to say the very least.

Next Year?

Interview with Hosoda (2021)

Now

Kimura "I don't know anything about offline modes" 😔

View attachment 167348
These words of Hosoda are exactly related to the next generation version of PES, the development of which was canceled (The version of PES that was only being developed on 9th generation consoles) and Kimura gave the idea of making an eFootball game to Konami managers.

Of course, there are still professors who do not believe that the next generation PES would not have been made at all. Intelligence like a goldfish!

It's cool you acknowledge the broken player switching. Feel like in your increasing praise for how revolutionary eFootball is, even on FUMA, you often leave out that glaring problem.
wut. Practically 70% of my posts are about the broken player switching. Not sure why you think I'm "praising how revolutionary eFootball is".

Here's today's obligatory "broken player switching" post:

wut. Practically 70% of my posts are about the broken player switching. Not sure why you think I'm "praising how revolutionary eFootball is".

Do you expect people to follow your Twitter and hang on your word or something? Lol.

I was referring to your posts here. Hadn't recalled you posting about it (just did a cursory search, looks like twice in mid-June). If you post about it on Twitter, cool, I'm glad – you should. It's gamebreaking.

Last posts I recall seeing were talking about how amazing the dribbling mechanics are or how rewarding it is to get into the acres of space the game routinely gives you – which, yeah, came across like you thought the game was doing things PES could never dream of. So that's where my comment is coming from.

Regardless, my original point stands. Sweaty tactics like KO goals and passing round the back are scummy as fuck, not justified by being FUMA (nor particularly hard to do), and it's cringe that you employ such win-at-all-costs methods and even post them.

The online playing culture, sadly, is full of this shit, and it's another reason the product's incompleteness is so lamentable. Because anybody who wants to avoid it barely has any offline depth to play with or even friend lobbies to play like-minded fair players instead.

Sure it happens - but maybe not with the same frequency as it does in this game? 😏

If De Bruyne would miss a sitter every second game I'm sure you'd find it a bit strange no? 😁
you have probably played 100x more matches than you've watched. I dont play much recently but it happens (huge chance missed) every few (~5?) games? TOP10 players from premier league have ~14 on average per season in big chances missed. Besides, sometimes its just my fault to miss that kind of chance

you have probably played 100x more matches than you've watched. I dont play much recently but it happens (huge chance missed) every few (~5?) games? TOP10 players from premier league have ~14 on average per season in big chances missed. Besides, sometimes its just my fault to miss that kind of chance
Don't be so sure about that - when the big leagues are up and running I probably watch more games than I play 😁

And I'll respectfully disagree with you, I think far more silly stuff is going on in eFootball (illustrated by the video clip I posted) compared to the real game.

Is anyone having a suddenly downgraded resolution in eFootball?

It suddenly dropped down to 720p, and I'm not getting any higher options in the Settings.exe file...

That's an absolute mess. It's this kind of nonsense why I stopped playing. Short of giving 800 free coins so I can buy that Celtic pack or Celtic player contracts, nothing is going to lure me into that game again until we've a proper offline mode. I was actually playing Fifa 22 again yesterday, and somewhat enjoying the experience (never reaching the high's PES gave tbh, but still)

I don't think they will Bring anything even if there's 500.000 signatures

What's sad is that all the biggest problem i saw are online. Offline i got perhaps 25%, perhaps 40% if i played more of those trashy stuffs on PS5 / Which is a good number for an Alpha-Beta game far from being finished and launched like an Hammer in Olympic Games "It's playable now? No graphical or animations bugs? Ok we launch it"

Now about Kimura and Offline mode, he knows it's demanded, probably another small team is a bit working on it (like the tweet concerning ML etc.)
He just cares about his DreamShit mode. I truely believe there will be not especially ML but a bit of small offlines stuffs (which cost them absolutely nothing) to buy as the purpose is to make money.

Last edited:
I don't think they will Bring anything even if there's 500.000 signatures

What's sad is that all the biggest problem i saw are online. Offline i got perhaps 25%, perhaps 40% if i played more of those trashy stuffs on PS5 / Which is a good number for an Alpha-Beta game far from being finished and launched like an Hammer in Olympic Games "It's playable now? No graphical or animations bugs? Ok we launch it"

Now about Kimura and Offline mode, he knows it's demanded, probably another small team is a bit working on it (like the tweet concerning ML etc.)
He just cares about his DreamShit mode. I truely believe there will be not especially ML but a bit of small offlines stuffs (which cost them absolutely nothing) to buy as the purpose is to make money.
I believe there wont be ML or a ML with very few changes and attached to dream team is somehow or being online

Seeing the petition approach 1,500 signatures, and the site suggests if it reaches that threshold, it has a higher chance of being "featured in local news".

Just loving the thought that the highpoint of this sincere but doomed campaign is a full-page spread in the Cheshire Herald.

(I was part of a group that naively tried to campaign to get Konami to reverse the gameplay changes between the 2020 demo and the full release – though not by petition – so I'm laughing at myself as much as anyone here.)

Don't be so sure about that - when the big leagues are up and running I probably watch more games than I play 😁

And I'll respectfully disagree with you, I think far more silly stuff is going on in eFootball (illustrated by the video clip I posted) compared to the real game.
fair enough, peace 👊

Which Pes do you want them to bring back? The latest ones, they were bad, not efootball bad, but still bad. They lost their way since Pes 2008, probably the people working on those Ps2 games (that is the Pes should be brought back) are no more at Konami, fired or retired.

Seabass himself is just there doing nothing, They have him there because he worked for many years at Konami, but they are not going to give him a Pes project.

I read this is a Japanese videogame industry thing, probably it's the same with Konami.

Last but not least, we are planning to introduce the Dream Team "Friend Match" mode for mobile in the next update (coming in July).

The game mode will also make its way onto the console version in the future, so please stay tuned for more information.

Last but not least, we are planning to introduce the Dream Team "Friend Match" mode for mobile in the next update (coming in July).

The game mode will also make its way onto the console version in the future, so please stay tuned for more information.
Can't wait to play vs mates on my phone using my Dream Team squad.

FINALLY, Konami, you decide to deliver. What took you so long?

Back
Top Bottom