eFootball (All Platforms)

I hear Spoony and TB haven't been enjoying the game as of late. Gee, I wonder why?

Could it be that this game is not as fun as they originally thought? Maybe playing a match against the same group of players in the same fucking stadium at night over and over again has gotten downright boring?

But we're too negative right? 😂

I haven't played this game since APRIL and many of the gameplay issues that are being talked about today haven't changed since April. In fact, from what I've read here, reddit and twitter, it's gotten worse.

Last edited:
I just said that i found some part of the game not bad at all and there's potential, and a good direction in terms of balance and following physical laws. More than to me (just to me) the 5 games they released lately.
There's potential. But the game feel as a Beta and you're right : it's not fun. The reason? Ball physics and missing dynamism. They improved it a bit as i mentionned but it's still far from 19-20-21 and 17 too. Except the shooting direction vs the 2017. But overall it's simplistic.

I quite like many thing on it (defense system, acceleration/dribbling system, AI in positionning yes but not as much dynamic) but the movements, pass receptions, ball speed, ball rebound, well the flow gives a feeling of repetitiveness. A first for a PES, well, not totally first (PES 2016).

Also talking about PES 6, when you think it was completely destroyed by super fans like us... Due to no defense on the flank, rebound vs too strong players, too fast, too direct etc.
Still not a fan of it to be honest... But X360 version was good and slower, probably made by another team. The feeling and def awareness was completely different. Well, just better. Played a lot on both, but on PS2 it was with friends league.

Thanks god for PES 5/WE9/WE9LE, JL2007 (PES 6 as it should have been) and PES 2008 PS2.

I hear Spoony and TB haven't been enjoying the game as of late. Gee, I wonder why?

Could it be that this game is not as fun as they originally thought? Maybe playing a match against the same group of players in the same fucking stadium at night over and over again has gotten downright boring?

I haven't played this game since APRIL and many of the gameplay issues that are being talked about today haven't changed since April. In fact, from what I've read here, reddit and twitter, it's gotten worse.
I don't say too negative, i don't play the game like a fool you know, i just make a session after i said "switched" the 1.1.0 and playing the 1.1.2 (so i switched... 2 versions)

But it's not especially due to the game quality, to me they got a good basis. But more than all the lack of content offline, even offline (no Divisions).
So you want to play what when you hate stuff like Dream team 🤷‍♂️ i just made some sessions of exhibition match every... 2 update.

It's normal to be negative, but not EVERYTHING is negative on the pitch because we're pissed about the complete absence of modes. To me, the game is not so bad but in beta-demo state of development lookalike (so it's not really a compliment) the game misses stuffs here an there but much more promising than the HyperSupermotion stuff and all. There's nothing to eat but i try to separate the lack of content than the game itself.

And ever less to eat for me as i repeat : i won't lay a finger on Dreamteam and FUT/MyClub modes like that. I like authenticity, so playing with real rosters.
So no to me you're all not too negative, but the negativity must not be contagious for everything in the "package".

I talk about the game test offline i did and says there's not everything so bad as you mention on the pitch, so to me i conclude there's potential as there's progress in what i disliked (ball physics) and as i didn't tried online, i don't have received the it's quite simple.

Now if they make a campaign vs CPU, i don't know if you're playing offline vs the CPU or really offline and the result will be sent after the game. I don't want to play a game "altered" by their 3 outdated servers.

Last edited:
I don't agree that the game is not fun! Any game can be fun, for a certain period of time and in a certain context! eF is no exception!

There are things that are very fun and interesting, the bad thing is that there is no content to develop and take advantage of this. It's just a shell of a based game that's empty and has nothing to do IF you're not a MyClub/DreamTeam fan like me. Еven if I like some aspects in the gameplay, I have nothing to do with them, sometimes I play an events against the AI and .. that's it!

Yes the game has a lot of problems, there are a lot of shortages in the gameplay, but it is obvious that they are trying to tighten things up ... somehow, after 1.1.2 they definitely did something, the dribbling is better, the defence too, the animations are great, the best animations in a football game ever , maybe in a SPORTS game, but that can be subject to dispute.

Well animations i don't know but it's not the number of it but the way they're represented in the game (speed of execution, regarding stats of course), but i agree with the fun side. A game can have flaws but can be fun... The issue is the game doesn't allow me to have fun with due to their mode which i got zero interest. We're in the same boat mate. I got fun during 5 exhibitions matchs then i want to play with an MLS team or lower division team, we got Training mode but there's a problem : players are C17 and C18 with infinite stamina so...

And yes, it makes me think of the evolution of correction game to game from 15 to 21... With some up and down (2016,2018) games. Arguable for those who don't like PES 2019-20-21. Here downgrade with the 1.1.1 then restoring with the 1.1.2 etc.
The path doesn't seems to changes. But it's still got big flaws like the kick off exploits for example, while on the 3 final PES they eliminated everything which "works everythime". That's one reason i like the 3 last version engine.

Perhaps the R2 shot on PES 2019 too effective ? Don't remember. But what was effective in hard to do in pro football was in the game, from my opinion.
If they reaches that level of balance and we still don't get offline and edit mode... Then i'll be pissed. For now on it's try/fail/retry and 1.00 was the Alpha, not even the Beta to me.

Last edited:
Well I beg to differ.
The more I play and learn the mechanics (now I am practicing shoulder charge and shielding) the more I like it.
I completely agree that in its current state, ef2022 has the best animation I've seen, providing the best balance among responsiveness, realism and smoothness. The players feel like athletes, not puppets.
As for the ball, yes sometimes feels a bit floaty, but it has variety in movement. Use the Brilliant Select ball to notice how it spins. Up to Pes 2021 ball was extremely repetitive in behavior and almost never do I remember it to spin around its vertical axis.
Apart from the obvious issues of player awareness (teammates stumbling on each other, or let the ball pass by them), body collisions and referee judgements, maybe for the first time, I feel that I play a football simulator.
I love the misskicks, even if they ruin my attempts, I love the unpredictability factor and the randomness, the ball freedom and so many other aspects of the game. I saw the potential of this game from its very first release.
I hope from now on, it will become only better.

Spain and Netherlands are regulating lootboxes because they are gambling.

In Europe there are three nations now where lootboxes are regulated: Belgium, Netherlands and Spain.

Do you remember the last time Belgium regulated lootboxes what EA and Konami did? They simply removed the possibility to buy coins from their games.
This time EA and Konami will see a HUGE decrease in coin earning coming from a big market like that. Particularly for EA it will be a huge loss , Spain is huge.

More and more steps towards a future where abominations like efootball packs and coins are completely removed from videogames. I can't wait for that future. Things are moving quickly than i expected thankfully.

Yes, i really through no others countries cared of it.
Now that a big country such a Spain did it, and well known Netherlands because you know... Coffee Shop and others things i won't explain.
But no microtransctions : they're 20 years in advance lol

Belgium > as i live in but others countries cares, so i don't think it created an impact. Just how long it took for those two countries to block it.
But it makes 3 countries now. Waiting for the others. It's like a "push button", others countries/president, just to show that they're "good people" will probably follow.

Also not really waiting multiple new accounts from where it's authorized 🥲
Everyone will live in New York, USA.

The more I play and learn the mechanics (now I am practicing shoulder charge and shielding) the more I like it.
What are your thoughts on shielding mechanics? I didn't use it much before, just started recently, and it seems it could be a good way to counter those high pressure opponents.
How do you use it? I'm not very skilled with it. Do you press it once in right situation, or hold it when opponent is near or pressing it repeatedly when opponent is on your back?

Last edited:
How can I defend this ?
I have lost some matches due to this.
A friend of mine is always changing to the most defensive level before Kick-off (Double tap D-pad ↓ twice) and is running manually with one defender towards his own goal. He says its working pretty good.

What are your thoughts on shielding mechanics? I didn't use it much before, just started recently, and it seems it could be a good way to counter those high pressure opponents.
How do you use it? I'm not very skilled with it. Do you press it once in right situation, or hold it when opponent is near or pressing it repeatedly when opponent is on your back?
I think pressing it once at the right time works better, and sometimes it grands you with a foul.

Last edited:
A friend of mine is always changing to the most defensive level before Kick-off (Double tap D-pad ↓ twice) and is running manually with one defender towards his own goal. He says its working pretty good.
I just switch my cursor manually to my defender and move him back towards my goal and wait for the long ball

Use the Brilliant Select ball to notice how it spins. Up to Pes 2021 ball was extremely repetitive in behavior and almost never do I remember it to spin around its vertical axis.

While the ball physics in 1.x are a huge improvement over 0.9, they're still radically inferior to PES2021's ball physics, where the ball spins in both axes, and the bounce responds correctly to the spin direction:

The same two dudes who play pretty much exclusively with superstar players. Spoony literally said in his most recent video he only goes for the best players.

This game has issues but those two's opinions are terrible barometers in which to gauge it's quality, or lack thereof. Probably getting humbled by folks using players they've never heard of...which in TTB's case is pretty much everyone outside of England.

I am enjoying the online element precisely because my GP only and very limited amount of superstar player use combined with my own player development approach and tactics results in me doing actually pretty good for myself. Have annihilated many a user using the paid squads as for all you can make them 99 tactical proficient in a chosen style, their stats might not lend themselves to playing the best in certain systems.

Just.. why even use this scummy tactic? If it's just to "test" whether it works, why not do it offline? Doing it, and worse, posting it publicly :DOH:

Seeing that reminds me why I don't even try to play online these days. Not that I play eFootball on or offline as it stands.
Have you seen it done manually before? I need to aim at a player I can't see, and properly weight it with no assists. Showing it done manually speaks volumes.

Also, I've been playing this game for 3 months and I haven't seen a single manual player as of yet.

Finally, it's an exploit, not a cheat. It exists because the game allows it. Now it can be countered, by shifting to full defense before kickoff, then reverting back to your default plan. And frankly, I don't consider anything done manually to be shameful. As a matter of fact, if I see a manual player moving the ball in the back to waste time, my eyes would be wide in amazement because of how risky and difficult it is to be done manually, as it is in real life. Assists aren't real life, no disrespect to anyone who plays with assists. I've been playing with assists all my life and am relatively speaking a fuma-noob who just joined the team 2 years ago.

Have you seen it done manually before? I need to aim at a player I can't see, and properly weight it with no assists. Showing it done manually speaks volumes.

Also, I've been playing this game for 3 months and I haven't seen a single manual player as of yet.

Finally, it's an exploit, not a cheat. It exists because the game allows it. Now it can be countered, by shifting to full defense before kickoff, then reverting back to your default plan. And frankly, I don't consider anything done manually to be shameful. As a matter of fact, if I see a manual player moving the ball in the back to waste time, my eyes would be wide in amazement because of how risky and difficult it is to be done manually, as it is in real life. Assists aren't real life, no disrespect to anyone who plays with assists. I've been playing with assists all my life and am relatively speaking a fuma-noob who just joined the team 2 years ago.
Lol this is an absurd rationalisation of a scummy tactic.

I also play FUMA, exclusively – and have done so on the last few PES games as well. I've faced many assisted opponents, and never once have I deliberately played a sweaty win-at-all-costs exploit, let alone felt justified in doing so just because I was manual and my opponent wasn't :LOL:

This sort of shit is exactly why I played predominantly in manual and mixed leagues. If I did that in a league game, my opponent (manual or assisted) would most likely turn the whole thing off, or video capture it and put it on the forum to expose me for being a sweaty mess.

Same with passing around the back – nobody would be full of admiration for having been able to pass the ball on manual at the back (incidentally, absolutely not hard at all – what are you on about?).

This attitude from a select contingent of FUMA players – that, effectively, they deserve more respect or should be allowed to play in ways normally frowned upon – is really odious. And you're drastically overstating your skill level if you think a FUMA kick-off goal is some difficult technique you've perfected. Christ.

As for "an exploit is not a cheat" – oh do bore off. There have always and will always be exploits in these games; the coding is never perfect. So it's up to players to jointly recognise that and not look to play the exploits, because playing a fair competition is a better aim than winning at all costs, where any shortcut to victory is okay. Plenty of players – most, probably, in today's online climate – do not hold themselves to any such etiquette, a fact which makes it no less shameful. It is up there with playing on the highest assist levels (and not somehow mitigated simply by lowering assist level).

First time poster, long time player and reader on the forums. Been playing Konami football games since the ISS series. Just felt I had to post to get the frustration off my chest at this abomination of a game. You can't play a passing game due to the 5 second animation and broadcast of the move before each pass, you can't play any football anymore because the laggy unresponsive mess means any quick timed 1-2's or first time shots just don't work, defence that pause when you take control of them meaning the opposition leaves you for dead before you even get chance to move...Ai that doesn't make runs and is just god awful, could go on and on and on. I played on PC then installed when I got my PS5 as thought the lag was due to my PC being a bit long in the tooth. I know Konami hasnt had the best run of late but I really thought with 2021 they'd got so much right that this would be a return to form. But nope just a god awful mess and Konami are up there with EA as my list of hated companies. In fact at least EA got a game out that is responsive. I have never rage quit an online game in my life (and I have had some abysmal losses in the past) before this afternoon, not at my opponent but at the sheer frustration of trying to play through this unenjoyable mess. I hope they do ban me then I won't in a few days think I'll just try it again and see if I was a little unfair. Video game football days are well and truly over. In fact the industry is just broken with very few new IP's and re-hashes of old franchises and sequels. As a 49 year old gamer playing games since I was around 10 (my first console was a phillips videopac!) for the first time in my life I have become so disillusioned with the industry I've had enough. Even the PS5 isn't a next gen console, just an updated PS4 that supports 4k resolution better. Sorry for my rant but that is what efootball 2022 has done to me! Lesson learned....just don't play it!

Same with passing around the back – nobody would be full of admiration for having been able to pass the ball on manual at the back (incidentally, absolutely not hard at all – what are you on about?).

You must be really good at eFootball then, especially with the horrible player switching with manual passing and the delayed responsiveness which elevates the risks associated with passing in the back.

Luckily, probably around the same time you were writing about how ridiculously easy it is to pass in the back, both problems with the game manifested while I was -you guessed it- passing in the back:

Notice how Virgil needs to inexplicably take an extra touch before passing to Thiago even though I powered the pass well before he received it. By the time he makes the pass, Thiago is in a different place entirely and the ball goes to the opponent.

THEN, as if that wasn't enough, the game's broken player switching decided to shift the cursor to Alaba, who is the furthest defender to the play, instead of Virgil, who by the time he gets selected, is already past the player on the ball.

So yes, it isn't as risk free as you imply but then again, maybe you're just so good at the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom