eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Is it me or is this latest data pack, 7 i think is more assisted on full manual controls?
I don't believe it is more assisted on full manual, however, I have noticed that they seem to have tweaked the pass power bar so that it is easier to play very gentle short passes. Previously, even a tap of the ground pass button on manual would send the ball a fair distance. Now a single tap just nudges the ball. Much better.

Spent most of the afternoon fighting back the boredom just to give the PES 21 ai a final opportunity to prove to me that it produce some of the magic that previous Pes games had. Unfortunately all I experienced was generic scrappy gameplay from ai controlled players like neymar who play like Sunday leaguers near the 18 yard box. It’s pretty bad when the ai can’t even perform a step over.

Yeah maybe it`s not less manual, but the game is buggy mess atm lol. It really is much worse than the begginning. I do wonder why the fuck would they destroy their game... seems like it's kind of slower? I can't pinpoint the general feeling apart from the nonstop buggy stuff happening like the ball glitching on the first touch, players ignoring the ball at their feet and all that. Hope Efootball comes thru

Spent most of the afternoon fighting back the boredom just to give the PES 21 ai a final opportunity to prove to me that it produce some of the magic that previous Pes games had. Unfortunately all I experienced was generic scrappy gameplay from ai

Anyone else seeing slightly more creativity from the Ai after the recent live update?

...story of our lives... :LOL:
Feels like we've been through this vicious cycle forever... :LOL:

Anyone else seeing slightly more creativity from the Ai after the recent live update?
Which is the recent Live Update mate? I think the last live update was on 08/07/2021. I tested by applying Live Update the next week, 15/07/2021 and the Live Update assets version was still 08/07/2021.
You mean that one, or a more recent? Cause i started updating squads for next season and don't want to mess database stuff again.
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2021-24332

There was a dude making great pes screenshots on Twitter, anyone follows him? I cant be more vague than this i know but forgot the guys name entirely...

Which is the recent Live Update mate? I think the last live update was on 08/07/2021. I tested by applying Live Update the next week, 15/07/2021 and the Live Update assets version was still 08/07/2021.
You mean that one, or a more recent? Cause i started updating squads for next season and don't want to mess database stuff again.
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2021-24332
You're right 08/07. Nothing different than the previous one in fact perhaps some formations but i doubt about it.
They didn't even replaced the fake manager from Barnsley (U. RONDON > Pes Original fake manager, Italian. Should be Marcus Schopp / Austrian, with a fake name)

But some have changed : for example MONACO got Niko Kovac (i think he was already in game, not fake) : the week before it was the club president instead who never coached any team in his life lol.
Well not important, i don't even know if coaches plays a role in Master league.

But as i needed some image for the latest Pesuniverse OF, as they're were Myclub players i remember it.
Still weird about Barnsley.

Now, i'm building an OF like if you started in July, even if date don't correspond who cares. I'm correcting all errors in game.
Starting by Liga Aguila, as i litterally made all transfers last year, but Pesuni guy didn't released it. I was super pissed, as everything were updated, MLS, J-League Stats, Libertadores clubs... Tons of work for nothing. I talked with the guy from Pesteam italy, and they knowed me, i will exchange my data with their kits. I want to release my own OF version whatever the game : i hate being pressured to quick release things not finished yet, it was a nightmare last year, harceling us to finish practically. For not a single Penny.

I left the team. I will continue on PES 2021 making a perfect version, and perhaps on Efootball if the game is at least equivalent or better than PES 2021.
When i will have finished to correct +- 5 leagues, i will open a thread on Editing, you'll see all the mistakes... Some are small (one cm or two difference is nothing) some are pretty bit (194cm players who made in fact 170cm), and also a lot of remade faces.

I'm in the good thread i think lol. I want me and you to play the real thing, as i considers a player even virtual as an human being, not Kazuya or Balrog. So i try to first > assign height and weight for standard players aswell as correcting some stats errors, also weak foot, second step checking if the others player got the real information about height/weight/weak foot/position but also faces (sometimes there is two player misunderstood. Some website gives the wrong image, and the data editor create his face based on the wrong one)
And 2 finals correction step: Brasileirao and AFC 20-21 transfers if i got time, and redoing practically all faces who needs to be redone example if they're completely outdated, some are from PES 2017 but parameters gived different results. Some just need to have their hairstyle/hair color/beard/eyes colors changed. And of course, boots. Easy, just copy paste the name and check the model, and do like Konami : assign the latest model in date.

And ONLY if i got the courage and time as what i'm doing is already a big big work, a 6-7 persons work is creating promoted teams... But from 20-21 end of season. And create most important transfers on "Free Agents", up to you to sign them or change history. But if Efootball seems good, i'll leave like this, and try to made a "perfect 20-21 season". I think it's already a very very good thing. Personnaly since i'm aware of it, i can't play with teams due to errors : i prefers play with our created stuffs from Bundes, Others Euro, J-League, or big/good teams i know they don't have errors, well even Bayern got standard H/W for players, when you found it just with google, and it's accurate regarding pictures.

SOOORRRRYYYY for the very long post lol. I explain my project, i will also manage to work with Siuming and ejogc for PC for global editing > correct errors.

Here's one example. It will be explained later (colors ect.) and there's too line in more (comments, and Links/more info, sometime i don't have as much place to explain everything.
Example : in red are colors estimations, based on multiple comparison with others players. Sometimes, all websites are wrong because the base source is wrong, or outdated. Also, weight is pretty variable, but i sometimes try to gives the most recent weight for the older player, of found a compromise for the others. If weight is not foundable, i estimate based of course of his whole body build (sometimes a player looks slim but he's got big muscular legs lol)

Well, i try my best. It's better than the PES system who doesn't allow the Data Editor to assign a weight if there's no info about it. Example, 78kg is the standard for occidental player, 68 for Asian. Some player have 160cm but no weight info available : if he's occidental he will get 160cm 78kg in game.... Or a 195cm keeper with 68kg. It's one problem people don't seems to care but it litterally blocks me personnally.
On Fifa, they can assign an estimated value if they got a picture to demonstrate it. Even if some guys aren't good to guess an height or a weight, it makes at least players who aren't "freaks" not like in PES as the tool and the system doesn't allows it.

I would like to send it to Konami when it's done. If their game isn't Mobile shit with NASA graphics of course.

1629037433395.png

The last live update that auto installs when you load up the game into the main menu has definitely somewhat improved the ai. They're shielding the ball better, more creative buildup play and even seeing more skilled dribbling by the cpu.

The last live update that auto installs when you load up the game into the main menu has definitely somewhat improved the ai. They're shielding the ball better, more creative buildup play and even seeing more skilled dribbling by the cpu.
No... The last live update was on July 8th, and these live updates only contain databases and assets. They can't change the gameplay.

No... The last live update was on July 8th, and these live updates only contain databases and assets. They can't change the gameplay.
Well I don't know what to else tell you, tbh! 9 days ago this is what I posted in this very thread.
Spent most of the afternoon fighting back the boredom just to give the PES 21 ai a final opportunity to prove to me that it produce some of the magic that previous Pes games had. Unfortunately all I experienced was generic scrappy gameplay from ai controlled players like neymar who play like Sunday leaguers near the 18 yard box. It’s pretty bad when the ai can’t even perform a step over.
A few days later I received a live update and out of sheer curiosity I tested the gameplay by starting a CPU v CPU match. I immediately witnessed better creative gameplay.

I think in part the AI has to be forced into being more creative IF you can close off their normal attacking patterns. That’s when they’ll pull something else out the bag, it’s just not consistent enough. And the IF there is being able to shut their options down - you need your own players to not go into the headless chicken routine when defending. I find that happens when the match speed is ramped up beyond the game speed setting, I guess Konami might call it tempo. Lesser teams get that boost from kick off, and it happens often if you open up a decent lead. Then the tempo is upped and your defenders lose it completely.

It’s annoying that this game somehow has less content than PES 2020. On pesgaming someone said it has more stadiums, but I counted less. Minus Palestra Italia and San Siro, plus National stadium in Santiago. Less stadium, less scanned faces (at least in Brazilian teams), less balls, less legends. They didn’t even add any of the EU championship stadiums. And I really wanted to play at the Hungarian one. I don’t get it. How did they manage to have less things from one game to the next? Added nothing. What were they doing? Coming up with the free to play bullshit?

But it plays better, so fuck it. Yesterday, Messi defeated one of my players with an explosive move out of nowhere and then immediately put the ball in between the legs of the next player. That’s where I brought him down violently, of course. Ewerton was doing stuff like that too, when I played against Gremio. Tevez in Boca. Boca generally pressed the fuck out of me, I am not used to that in PES, kept catching me off guard. AND Boca scored from a bullshit penality. This stuff didn’t really happen in previous few PES. I like it.

Last edited:
It’s annoying to that this game somehow has less content than PES 2020. On pesgaming someone said it has more stadiums, but I counted less. Minus Palestra Italia and San Siro, plus National stadium in Santiago. Less stadium, less scanned faces (at least in Brazilian teams), less balls, less legends. They didn’t even add any of the EU championship stadiums. And I really wanted to play at the Hungarian one. I don’t get it. How did they manage to have less things from one game to the next? Added nothing. What were they doing? Coming up with the free to play bullshit?

But it plays better, so fuck it. Yesterday, Messi defeated one of my players with an explosive move out of nowhere and then immediately put the ball in between the legs of the next player. That’s where I brought him down violently, of course. Ewerton was doing stuff like that too, when I played against Gremio. Tevez in Boca. Boca generally pressed the fuck out of me, I am not used to that in PES, kept catching me off guard. This didn’t happen in previous few PES. I like it

I play PES on Xbox series X 4K without HDR. I usually playbtournaments World Cup or Euro 2000. Full manual superstar and often as Brazil. There are so many facets. I have recently discovered L2 when shooting long rangers or at angles within 18 meters. The L2 finishing is great as well. And I have scored loads of screamers. Love them.
I have found out how to defend best vs. superstar. Select player in midfield and let the other players press. As you move your player in spaces between opposition they seem very stressed and after 7-8 touches they fail. In attack the AI is decent.

Best PES since beginning. The game was unresponsive on Xbox One.

My 10 cents.

I play PES on Xbox series X 4K without HDR. I usually playbtournaments World Cup or Euro 2000. Full manual superstar and often as Brazil. There are so many facets. I have recently discovered L2 when shooting long rangers or at angles within 18 meters. The L2 finishing is great as well. And I have scored loads of screamers. Love them.
I have found out how to defend best vs. superstar. Select player in midfield and let the other players press. As you move your player in spaces between opposition they seem very stressed and after 7-8 touches they fail. In attack the AI is decent.

Best PES since beginning. The game was unresponsive on Xbox One.

My 10 cents.
Euro 2000?! Can you please tell me where you found this patch?

I am loving PES 2021 and can go as long as I need to go, without buying the new pes2022, where ML will be given for download next year March. Pathetic. So much expectations I had all went down to the drain, like water. This year no new football games for me. Both are shamefully atrocious. Fifa 22 has the same problem as fifa 21, may be more problem introduced too ( beta reviews ).
Nowadays that passion for making games, where people will enjoy is gone. They will give some gimmicks , without resolving the problems and improving them. Only, how to milk out money from the consumers without giving a proper product is the only motive they have. Doing business is ok everybody needs to survive but in that era ( 90's to 2010) it was balanced where both the parties were happy and the developers were confident and companies were passionate in there product. No official patches or anything each and every week to fix things ( like nowadays)but ultimately nothing get fixed though ( that's another story😋). They used to released there product and done. Now, just the opposite, where the whole business ethics are gone out of the window. This is my view as per the industry norms as of now. May be, for others it may be different. This year my money will be in my pocket. If, bored with the games, then pes ( 5, 6, 11, 13, 17, 18) and fifa ( 06, 08,11, 12, 13, 16)pc for rescue. What to do.🤷‍♂️

It’s annoying that this game somehow has less content than PES 2020. On pesgaming someone said it has more stadiums, but I counted less. Minus Palestra Italia and San Siro, plus National stadium in Santiago. Less stadium, less scanned faces (at least in Brazilian teams), less balls, less legends. They didn’t even add any of the EU championship stadiums. And I really wanted to play at the Hungarian one. I don’t get it. How did they manage to have less things from one game to the next? Added nothing. What were they doing? Coming up with the free to play bullshit?

But it plays better, so fuck it. Yesterday, Messi defeated one of my players with an explosive move out of nowhere and then immediately put the ball in between the legs of the next player. That’s where I brought him down violently, of course. Ewerton was doing stuff like that too, when I played against Gremio. Tevez in Boca. Boca generally pressed the fuck out of me, I am not used to that in PES, kept catching me off guard. AND Boca scored from a bullshit penality. This stuff didn’t really happen in previous few PES. I like it.
About stadiums i agree mate, it is almost everything minus San Siro, or by KONAMI counting 2 stadiums minus!!!! San Siro+Meazza!!! :P :P

About official players i am not sure, cause on the active base, there are more youngsters that recieved better treatment, also players from AFC CL Japanese teams that almost everyone has better treatment, although this is more due to luck, which clubs participate in previous year's AFC CL...

Also we lost some players who finished last season as free agents, like Van Persie and Susaeta and Barzagli, but we took back player like Mario Goetze, or Van Ginkel who was out due to injury last season, and stupidily was left ouside PES 2020.

Finally after the last 2 Datapacks, a lot players got special treatment due to EURO 2020 tournament, like in Slovakia, Hungary, or Pandev who got an upgrade after he carried his PES 2011 scan face for years. In Germany we got some new players and Hummels did the come back. In France Marcus Thuram did a comeback.

IMHO in this content, faces there are more than 2020, as painfull as it is that we lost some significant players from 2020.

I recently bought PES2021 to save the most current PES version on disc after sticking to PES2020 previously.

To my surprise, there are really some welcome differences in gameplay feel. But it seems that superstar level has been quite messed up. Playing with a custom low team with stats below 70 on full manual, the CPU does not really threat my defense and gives me lot of space on the wings when i am attacking. Legendary level solves the CPU attacking quite nice, but it is very hard to get through in the final third.

I love the challenge, but comparing to PES2020 it seems the sweet spot is lost to a certain degree. Did you have the same impressions at start?

About stadiums i agree mate, it is almost everything minus San Siro, or by KONAMI counting 2 stadiums minus!!!! San Siro+Meazza!!! :P :P

About official players i am not sure, cause on the active base, there are more youngsters that recieved better treatment, also players from AFC CL Japanese teams that almost everyone has better treatment, although this is more due to luck, which clubs participate in previous year's AFC CL...

Also we lost some players who finished last season as free agents, like Van Persie and Susaeta and Barzagli, but we took back player like Mario Goetze, or Van Ginkel who was out due to injury last season, and stupidily was left ouside PES 2020.

Finally after the last 2 Datapacks, a lot players got special treatment due to EURO 2020 tournament, like in Slovakia, Hungary, or Pandev who got an upgrade after he carried his PES 2011 scan face for years. In Germany we got some new players and Hummels did the come back. In France Marcus Thuram did a comeback.

IMHO in this content, faces there are more than 2020, as painfull as it is that we lost some significant players from 2020.
Oh ok that’s good, I didn’t have such a good look yet, just installed Thiagopeseditor patch and started playing in Brazil, but i really liked that old school Palmeiras stadium 😖 the game even got a classic-looking filter when you played it, really nice. Slamsoze, do you think you can do me a favor btw? Can you please check if you have Alexandre Pato in your game with face scan, if you get some time? I only found him in mine as a fake player, so no face scan.

One thing I notice is way more patches for PS4 for this edition. All kind of stuff: lots of other European clubs, Brazil serie C and D, many classic leagues. Just the way I like it too, a particular season full league, not just abstract “classic”.

And gameplay is better most importantly! Now I’ll get my PES 2013 and I’ll be set for football games for years. Never mind the 2022 stuff! They can keep their “free” game!

PS: I’m really happy that Miura now has a face! The most legendary player in the game! I bet he is the only one in current PES that has been playing since the 80s.

I’m pretty satisfied with PES 2021. Gameplay is solid (resembles football much better than the “other game”), roster and kits can be easily updated with an option file, and the most important thing is that Konami didn’t ruin the game with a datapack, which they used to do intentionally to make us buy the next game.

How to get a 2021-22 OF when the transfer window is still running? I think it is too early.
Oh ok that’s good, I didn’t have such a good look yet, just installed Thiagopeseditor patch and started playing in Brazil, but i really liked that old school Palmeiras stadium 😖 the game even got a classic-looking filter when you played it, really nice. Slamsoze, do you think you can do me a favor btw? Can you please check if you have Alexandre Pato in your game with face scan, if you get some time? I only found him in mine as a fake player, so no face scan.

One thing I notice is way more patches for PS4 for this edition. All kind of stuff: lots of other European clubs, Brazil serie C and D, many classic leagues. Just the way I like it too, a particular season full league, not just abstract “classic”.

And gameplay is better most importantly! Now I’ll get my PES 2013 and I’ll be set for football games for years. Never mind the 2022 stuff! They can keep their “free” game!

PS: I’m really happy that Miura now has a face! The most legendary player in the game! I bet he is the only one in current PES that has been playing since the 80s.
I didn't have him, but if you check pesgaming, @PesBuck gave me a team. Ted that it had Pato and Éverton (gremio). Il check and PM you

I’m pretty satisfied with PES 2021. Gameplay is solid (resembles football much better than the “other game”), roster and kits can be easily updated with an option file, and the most important thing is that Konami didn’t ruin the game with a datapack, which they used to do intentionally to make us buy the next game.

2021 is easily my favourite PES since the PS2 days, yes it has flaws but it is a pretty decent game.

Back
Top Bottom