eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

20211015222850_1.jpg

Fixed cursor ML. Top player. Game speed -2. Player cam.

This match I had the CMs mark each other and the FBs mark opposition wingers. It looked promising, but I unintended consequence was CBs closing down out wide rather frequently. It's as if the game is allergic to having FBs do their freaking job.

Game played decently. Although late in the match it felt like Burnley was a little too efficient with their one touch passing (hence why possession was as close as it was). Goal I conceded came from bone headed defensive mistake from the teammate AI. Not much can be done about that.

I'm gonna give it another go with just the CMs marking each other and see if that sorts out CBs closing down wingers instead of the FBs doing it. I'm curious if defensive settings impact this. I'll test both wide and center for containment area and see if that impacts anything.

Sidenote: I hit the post so freaking much that at this point it's as hilarious as it is frustrating

CMs marking each other + FBs marking opposition wingers + auto offside trap is really good in theory. FBs will be pushed up as they want to be closer to the wingers they are marking. Combine that with auto offside trap and it forces the CBs to move up to match the FBs. That compresses the pitch (albeit slowly). Add the CMs marking each other to that mix and now you have a compressed midfield and CMs will have less time on the ball because an opposition CM is looking to engage them much sooner.

I'll keep messing around with it as well as more compressed formations which I forget to try today lol

View attachment 127184

Fixed cursor ML. Top player. Game speed -2. Player cam.

This match I had the CMs mark each other and the FBs mark opposition wingers. It looked promising, but I unintended consequence was CBs closing down out wide rather frequently. It's as if the game is allergic to having FBs do their freaking job.

Game played decently. Although late in the match it felt like Burnley was a little too efficient with their one touch passing (hence why possession was as close as it was). Goal I conceded came from bone headed defensive mistake from the teammate AI. Not much can be done about that.

I'm gonna give it another go with just the CMs marking each other and see if that sorts out CBs closing down wingers instead of the FBs doing it. I'm curious if defensive settings impact this. I'll test both wide and center for containment area and see if that impacts anything.

Sidenote: I hit the post so freaking much that at this point it's as hilarious as it is frustrating

CMs marking each other + FBs marking opposition wingers + auto offside trap is really good in theory. FBs will be pushed up as they want to be closer to the wingers they are marking. Combine that with auto offside trap and it forces the CBs to move up to match the FBs. That compresses the pitch (albeit slowly). Add the CMs marking each other to that mix and now you have a compressed midfield and CMs will have less time on the ball because an opposition CM is looking to engage them much sooner.

I'll keep messing around with it as well as more compressed formations which I forget to try today lol
From what you said, setting containment area to Centrer, sounds as the No1 to me.

Honestly that's because I've gotten very good at getting fouled. But yes Burnley have a bit off axe murderer in them and will do this:

I know that's advantage, but ref should've called it. If the player did this, ref will definetly took a whistle as soon as foul is happened.

Update
I have been trying the DE + Golden gameplay mod from @incas36 and everything is much much better now even in Top Player difficulty. Wow! What a difference. All new players should get this fix. Also support Inca's mod. Modifying a binary must take some high skill and they deserve all the credit they can get.
You can find my observations here in this post.
https://evoweb.uk/threads/my-2-cents-gameplay.86005/post-3775558
==========================
Hi All,
I just got PES 2021 and have been playing for last week or so. Yeah, am a year late. I was playing PES 2017 (the best AI) all these years and finally decided to "upgrade" (I was disgusted with the offline AI of PES 2018 and just gave up on Konami and never got 19, 20 and 21).
But now i decided to check out 2021 (Data Pack 7.0). I did not add any mods. And on the pitch, I usually play with full manual passing.

I was disappointed in the following gameplay mechanics
  • Dribbling was terrible. Even a 80 dribbling stat player does not dribble like in earlier games and AI defenders easily take the ball from me
  • Difficulty settings seemed bugged. Normal was possible for me. I could keep the ball and pressure the AI. But i could beat the AI consistently by an occasional goal. Professional, Top Player, Super Star was just impossible - either AI scores late goals or they press relentlessly (all teams) or they keep the ball like peak Barca.
  • AI defenders are rocks. We cant get past them via dribbling, skills etc
  • Speedy wingers cant go past defenders.
  • Late goals by AI are common.
The dreaded scripting. So I remembered these were the reasons I gave up on PES after 2017 and was disgusted at Konami once more!!

But then there are some wonderful gameplay mods that remove scripting and make things more random. I'm trying out some gameplay mods to make things more tolerable. I'm trying the No scripting mod from @incas36

Question for experienced players. What is the ideal difficulty to play the game in?
I feel Regular seems the be the best. I can consistently play a passing game. Anything above that turns all teams into peak Barcelona. I guess no mods can fix that. Seems to me a fundamental issue.

Last edited:
I restarted my fixed cursor save and the strangest thing happened. I simmed the first season as I always do so I can get to the point I get an international job. My team won every single match in the first season. Every league, cup, and champions league match. Never seen anything like that before.

Very not like PES 2009 where the game would make you lose simmed matches no matter who you played if you'd won too many matches in a row lol

anyone noticing some strange delays in online matches? i mean more than usual and in some occasions i had gameplay fails pretty similar to the ones in efootball. Players not aware of ball positions, running into each other and the ball flipping between the players....

I had to do a fresh install of the game in my PC and for some reason I find that the game is very scripted when compared to the my previous games in 1.7 update. I play offline and players are involved ridiculous collisions and there is no ball control what so ever. Player AI (not the opponent AI) is dumb as shit.

Not sure if anyone else is facing similar issues. Has Konami made silent changes to the gameplay?

I settled on the combination of CMs marking opposition CMs, FBs marking wingers, and swarm the box.

First match of the season at home vs Villa

20211027000604_1.jpg

Top player. Game speed -1. 20 minutes. Fixed cursor ML.

Match was a lot closer than stats suggest, which is promising. Was 2-0 until late. Villa was a threat on the break throughout. Lingard came on to make it 3. And then Greenwood did this:

Probably my best pass for an assist ever in PES. We won't talk about Villa's goal. Just know it was entirely my fault lol

I hope it's ok to post a short highlight movie of my september adventures in PES21. It's fun to play with the ball effects wich I put in a few different examples after about 30 seconds in.

I had to do a fresh install of the game in my PC and for some reason I find that the game is very scripted when compared to the my previous games in 1.7 update. I play offline and players are involved ridiculous collisions and there is no ball control what so ever. Player AI (not the opponent AI) is dumb as shit.

Not sure if anyone else is facing similar issues. Has Konami made silent changes to the gameplay?
No, PES just breaks itself every once in a while. Speaks poorly of Konami's coding and engine.

me three. Just got an update even though my "netblock.lua" is enabled, and im pretty sure i didnt have auto update on steam..
First game, via sider.. it didnt load into game.. just verifying exe again, and adding Holland's gp patch.. hopefully nothing has fked the game up..

Lol suddenly i have a 200mb update on PES2021 during this maintenance time

me three. Just got an update even though my "netblock.lua" is enabled, and im pretty sure i didnt have auto update on steam..
First game, via sider.. it didnt load into game.. just verifying exe again, and adding Holland's gp patch.. hopefully nothing has fked the game up..

Dont have time to see my pc yet, could you tell me What .exe is it ? 1.07.01 ?

If it's true then this might be the first time ever konami did this. 🤔

Last edited:
..ok.. not sure how things work re sider..
but the new file that steam updated was the sdkencryptedappticket64.dll file... and the pes2021.exe file also i think.. didn't actually check.. but im assuming this is the case. But the sdkencryptedappticket64.dll definitely was updated.

So regardless of what i did.. verifying etc etc etc, nothing got things working... except... i replaced a backed up copy of sdkencryptedappticket64.dll writing over the new one.. and yes it everything works again :) So its the sdkencryptedappticket64.dll file that fks things up it seems. Luckily i backed this up in july :)

Surprised no body has reported this issue.. people have reported the update on this thread, but not that problem i was having.. weird shit but at least there's a fix.

..ok.. not sure how things work re sider..
but the new file that steam updated was the sdkencryptedappticket64.dll file... and the pes2021.exe file also i think.. didn't actually check.. but im assuming this is the case. But the sdkencryptedappticket64.dll definitely was updated.

So regardless of what i did.. verifying etc etc etc, nothing got things working... except... i replaced a backed up copy of sdkencryptedappticket64.dll writing over the new one.. and yes it everything works again :) So its the sdkencryptedappticket64.dll file that fks things up it seems. Luckily i backed this up in july :)

Surprised no body has reported this issue.. people have reported the update on this thread, but not that problem i was having.. weird shit but at least there's a fix.
Can you share the .dll file? I didn't backup mine :(

ill upload my backed up sdkencryptedappticket64.dll: https://mega.nz/file/oJIAGZoK#Qh9f2edwwtFsN3ZTPBwejLRzuAtcQjhYgNldUpGL2BA

.. but i dont know if this is the complete fix.. as i had to put in an old pes2021.exe..as well for it to work ie. not the most recent updated one today.

.. also, now there is an issue with my edit file.. i got a message that my edit file wasnt compatible or something (currently using sider with evopatch and edit file associated with evo patch), and had to create a new one... not sure if squads or any kits are fked up because of this?? Wow... seems like there will be problems updated here over the next few days.

alteast it seams a fix to get this game working is having backups of older an older pes2021 exe or holland exe's, and that sdkencryptedappticket64.dll file... fk me..wasnt expecting this... Interesting to see what you guys experience..

Why so? :) New game isn't actually out yet ... MyClub 2021 is still pretty much their only cash cow on pc/consoles until €Club kicks in, isn't it?
"Stability issues" ... certainly not offline related ones

Back
Top Bottom