FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

Biggest problem with 14 that i recall is lack of player inertia. defenders can recover super quick and attackers can glide around a lot.

Can't say I've found it that particularly evident but the gliding is certainly something I've noticed in 15 and 16.

Is that the PS4 version? I remember getting a PS4 that year just before the World Cup and being gutted that the WC game was current gen only and that FIFA 14 was still really pricey despite being June but it was the only Next Gen football game at the time.

When i finally coughed up for a copy i remember having a really good time with it and thought it looked stunning then. I felt like for a launch PS4 footy game, It served it's purpose. At least it was an actual port with the same amount of teams and features unlike Road to the World Cup: FIFA 06 which was the Xbox 360's launch football title.

Yeah it's PS4. I'd totally forgotten that I didn't ever own 14 on PS4. My PS trophy history reminded me that I played it (a lot) but on PS3. So it is, in fact, a new experience and I'm loving it.

Yeah it's PS4. I'd totally forgotten that I didn't ever own 14 on PS4. My PS trophy history reminded me that I played it (a lot) but on PS3. So it is, in fact, a new experience and I'm loving it.
Must be about 50p or £1 nowadays right? Might have to pick it up out of curiosity.

This was the year before they introduced the Premier League blowout, goalpost physics and nice turf though. I remember loving the amount of exposition in this game that was absent from the previous gen.

Lots of cutscenes of players reacting to misses and fouls, fans looked awesome and there was little jumpcuts between cutscenes and ingame action, Everything was in realtime. I was really impressed with the strides this game made with the new technology at the time.

Excellent chapter indeed, plenty of depth and variety. As I said in the other post is a truly great mesh of sim and lighter elements.

A shame on pc it was graphically inferior, but gameplay wise it's still one of the funnier ones.

Last edited:
Must be about 50p or £1 nowadays right? Might have to pick it up out of curiosity.

This was the year before they introduced the Premier League blowout, goalpost physics and nice turf though. I remember loving the amount of exposition in this game that was absent from the previous gen.

Lots of cutscenes of players reacting to misses and fouls, fans looked awesome and there was little jumpcuts between cutscenes and ingame action, Everything was in realtime. I was really impressed with the strides this game made with the new technology at the time.

Lady charged me £2 for 17 and £1 each for 16, 15 and 14. A deep sea all in.

I can take or leave the Premier League and turf so that didn't really register. So 15 is where they introduced all the PL stadia? I thought it was more recently than that.

So 15 is where they introduced all the PL stadia? I thought it was more recently than that.
Yeah that's right. It probably feels that way because the last few FIFAs have been a bit of a blur marketing & feature wise and the only other major "revolutionary" change i can think of since 15 was the move to frostbite in 17.

I remember the Premier League coup so much because it was FIFA's first full dev cycle release for the PS4 where this console was the primary focus whereas FIFA 14 came out about a month or so after it's then current gen counterpart and still felt more like a PS4 project (Though a very good one).

The only thing I don't like in 14 is how it is a bit old school with how the players twist and turn with the ball sort of glued to their feet with little inertia. So it was a bit hard to get back into it again, but you do get used to it after a while. The cpu was really tough to dispossess because of that, we called it "psychic dribbling" I think. It is a bit inconsistent as well, the ball felt light on passes, but there was some good weight to it when shooting. Overall 16 feels a lot more realistic and consistent if you consider these things, and I think it's also more varied when it comes to cool random stuff happening inside the box and all over the pitch, deflections, etc. Also I am on pc so the ps4 version may be different.

But I still have 14 and 16 installed. 14 has more depth in cm, and more team individuality I feel. I may be wrong but I think it also makes games like 12/13 obsolete, it is perhaps the best of the bunch? So if I still don't like the footy games yet to be released next month (you do not want to hear my opinion of fifa 18/19 - pes 18/19, I could get banned for my choice of words!), I will be happy to keep both 14/16 and perhaps alternate playing between the two.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like in 14 is how it is a bit old school with how the players twist and turn with the ball sort of glued to their feet with little inertia. So it was a bit hard to get back into it again, but you do get used to it after a while. The cpu was really tough to dispossess because of that, we called it "psychic dribbling" I think. It is a bit inconsistent as well, the ball felt light on passes, but there was some good weight to it when shooting. Overall 16 feels a lot more realistic and consistent if you consider these things, and I think it's also more varied when it comes to cool random stuff happening inside the box and all over the pitch, deflections, etc. Also I am on pc so the ps4 version may be different.

But I still have 14 and 16 installed. 14 has more depth in cm, and more team individuality I feel. I may be wrong but I think it also makes games like 12/13 obsolete, it is perhaps the best of the bunch? So if I still don't like the footy games yet to be released next month (you do not want to hear my opinion of fifa 18/19 - pes 18/19, I could get banned for my choice of words!), I will be happy to keep both 14/16 and perhaps alternate playing between the two.

Yep pretty much how I feel. 14-16 is peak fifa so theres no need to go back further. 14 is a bit different than the other two, and 15 is like a prototype for 16.

however, based on what ive read, the general fifa populous tend to think quite lowly of 14-16 and tend to say that fifa 12/13 are the best.

Yep pretty much how I feel. 14-16 is peak fifa so theres no need to go back further. 14 is a bit different than the other two, and 15 is like a prototype for 16.

however, based on what ive read, the general fifa populous tend to think quite lowly of 14-16 and tend to say that fifa 12/13 are the best.

Yeah not sure, perhaps it has to do with what each person played back in the day/remembers fondly the most, but from what I'm reading lately I think the idea that fifa went downhill after 16 (and the reasons why) is slowly starting to sink in.

Yeah not sure, perhaps it has to do with what each person played back in the day/remembers fondly the most, but from what I'm reading lately I think the idea that fifa went downhill after 16 (and the reasons why) is slowly starting to sink in.

maybe from the hardcore crowd, like on here. but general populace did not take well to 16, common complaint i see is that people didnt like the (assisted) passing in that game for whatever reason. too much error or something.

everytime i see 16 brought up on other forums like ea or reddit majority of people really hate on the game lol

common complaint i see is that people didnt like the (assisted) passing in that game for whatever reason. too much error or something.

That doesn't make me too optimistic about the future, lol. EA has said that even 17 was a bit too hard for many people. I can imagine how that crowd will react if subjected to fifa 16 type passing again after playing 18/19 for thousands of hours... There will be RIOTS :)

(fun fact: after EA fixed the ball size in fifa 19, some people complained about it on twitter, saying that the tiny fifa 18 ball was "perfect". The power of conditioning).

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it’s possible to convert FIFA 14 kits to PES 2013?
Cheers

Picked up FIFAs 14-17 at the weekend for the grand total of £5 have been playing away. The plan was to get reacquainted with 16, primarily, given its lofty status around here but no: 14 has stolen my heart. It's sublime. Great tempo and it feels... meaty. That's a Career Mode started!
Yeah FIFA 14 for XB1/PS4 was probably the best FIFA ever if we consider the 'vanilla' version.
Of course, fully modded FIFA 16 for PC becomes superior in terms of "complete package" (kits, crests and real names for all the teams, stadiums for pretty much every team you can think of, shorts and socks changing automatically to avoid kit clashes) but the AI of Ignite-based FIFA 14 and the variety it provided are, for me, still unmatched by any FIFA title (previous or following).

(sorry for answering two years after the original post but the thread's just been upped and I saw it now)

Yeah FIFA 14 for XB1/PS4 was probably the best FIFA ever if we consider the 'vanilla' version.
Of course, fully modded FIFA 16 for PC becomes superior in terms of "complete package" (kits, crests and real names for all the teams, stadiums for pretty much every team you can think of, shorts and socks changing automatically to avoid kit clashes) but the AI of Ignite-based FIFA 14 and the variety it provided are, for me, still unmatched by any FIFA title (previous or following).

(sorry for answering two years after the original post but the thread's just been upped and I saw it now)

Ha! I was reading my quoted post like: when the fuck did I say that?.. Two years ago!

After that I got caught up in PS2 PES again. It's now the leading candidate for the next CM/ML.

Well let's put it like that: two more years have passed and still no other FIFA game (out of the box) managed to defeat FIFA 14 yet (at least for me).

Glad I found it after all these years. Playing fully manual. The presentation is top class for a vintage fifa. And like you say great variety in this one.
Yeah the PS4 version really holds up today, considering it was the first PS4 football game, they could've just made another basic, scaled down international teams only version like RTWC 06 again and nobody would've really held it against them but they didn't.

Yeah the PS4 version really holds up today, considering it was the first PS4 football game, they could've just made another basic, scaled down international teams only version like RTWC 06 again and nobody would've really held it against them but they didn't.
Just need a good set of fully manual career sliders and I’m golden

If only we could import kits in the Ignite version, it would be me never letting this game go again.
But we can't... And I tend to get annoyed when I play a career mode and half of the teams in the league don't have a GK kit or (horresco referens) don't even have player kits.
For me it's either 100% licensed or 100% unlicensed. There's no halfway point (well, there would be... 100% licensed teams but with 100% fantasy players. But that would be too good to exist).

Probably a long shot, but does anyone have the Moddingway patch for FIFA 14? This one goes through the 2014 World Cup, but part13.rar is corrupt and it crashes the game: https://www.moddingway.com/file/46398.html

EDIT: The link above works, I just needed to update my external SSD and the patch works beautifully now.

Last edited:
Playing a good bit of this recently; and although in essence its still FIFA and has its associated frustrations, these are somewhat overrid when you play fully manual.

I just can't deal with assistance these days in any shape or form. Makes the game way more limited.

Solid game with good variety in matches and team styles

Downloaded FIP patch 19/20 and stadium pack. Seems like a great work overall (folder of Fifa 14 is now over 60 giga.. usually it's around 6 iirc :D ). Does somebody have some experience with it? I'd like to do a proper career sooner or later, hope there aren't game breaking bugs or anything. Also a curiousity; are there International competitions for south american teams? I suspect not cause there is no option to play those on the first career year if you select a SA team. Would be a bit disappointing as I wanted to play in Argentina or Brazil.. but with only National Cup and League it'd feel dull..

I re-installed this game on PC (Windows 10, Radeon RX 5700XT with latest drivers) but I have a strange bug with crowd suddenly disappearing especially during replays.
It seems like entire chunks of people just vanish into the void at times, leaving the stands completely empty, only to re-appear as soon as the camera moves a little.

Has anyone experienced it too? If so, do you have any suggestion for me to try and solve this issue?

Thanks!

Does somebody have some experience with it? I'd like to do a proper career sooner or later, hope there aren't game breaking bugs or anything. Also a curiousity; are there International competitions for south american teams? I suspect not cause there is no option to play those on the first career year if you select a SA team. Would be a bit disappointing as I wanted to play in Argentina or Brazil.. but with only National Cup and League it'd feel dull..
I have played the 18/19 version of the patch for a while and it didn't have them... But they're listed in the 19/20 version so I think it's just that they're missing from the first season but they kick in at a later date maybe?
http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-infinity-patch-14-hbz-mod-19-20-edition.6466697/

Just guessing here: you start the career in Brazil in January 2019 (just sayin') but the Libertadores and Sudamericana are available from 2020 onwards.

Back
Top Bottom