FIFA 14 News & Discussion Thread

I re-installed this game on PC (Windows 10, Radeon RX 5700XT with latest drivers) but I have a strange bug with crowd suddenly disappearing especially during replays.
It seems like entire chunks of people just vanish into the void at times, leaving the stands completely empty, only to re-appear as soon as the camera moves a little.

Has anyone experienced it too? If so, do you have any suggestion for me to try and solve this issue?

Thanks!

i'm also on amd setup and i don't have that issue.

have you added fifa14 to game profiles in radeon software?

i'm also on amd setup and i don't have that issue.

have you added fifa14 to game profiles in radeon software?
I think it's something either driver or Windows 10 related... It doesn't happen with my old rig (Windows 8.1 with an old R9 270X graphic card).
I'll have a look in the Radeon Software panel but I'm pretty sure I added it there, because I usually turn off the image sharpening (which is waaaay overdone in my opinion).

Thanks!

I think it's something either driver or Windows 10 related... It doesn't happen with my old rig (Windows 8.1 with an old R9 270X graphic card).
I'll have a look in the Radeon Software panel but I'm pretty sure I added it there, because I usually turn off the image sharpening (which is waaaay overdone in my opinion).

Thanks!

add fifa14.exe into game profiles of radeon software, turn off image sharpening, but turn on anisotropic filtering and set it between 4 and 16.

also reinstall directx from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

p.s. also check if you don't have windows amd driver messed up with regular driver from amd website.

p.s.2 set everything to max in fifasettings.exe too.

Last edited:
How can I download FIFA 14 for my PC in 2022. I really want to play the classic patch

Since you still need to run the game through Origin, you need to buy a key for the game. I had to buy at Gamestop, which ranges between $15-20 US, but I recommend that route. I bought a cheaper version from CD Keys, but when I tried activating I got an invalid notice from Origin and had to get a refund.

Since you still need to run the game through Origin, you need to buy a key for the game. I had to buy at Gamestop, which ranges between $15-20 US, but I recommend that route. I bought a cheaper version from CD Keys, but when I tried activating I got an invalid notice from Origin and had to get a refund.
I will have to try and look. Could prove difficult as I'm in the UK, but thanks for the advice!

I still have the XboxOne disc version of FIFA14 in excellent condition if anybody wants it. You can have it for free if you PayPal me the shipping cost. I live in TX so although I’m willing to ship overseas, the mailing cost may be more than you can buy it from Amazon for. IM me if interested.

Not sure if this is a stupid question, but is there a program like File Explorer where I can extract files from 14 PC the same way I can on 16?!

Not sure if this is a stupid question, but is there a program like File Explorer where I can extract files from 14 PC the same way I can on 16?!

You can download File Master 14 or 15, although I don't think there's any reason to get 14 specifically, maybe you can get both just in case. But assuming you have File Explorer 16 & File Master 15 I think they should both work on 14/15/16 (and even older games) as long as the .big file format is the same.

Just remember when pointing them to the fifa directory that games prior to 15 are a bit different, so for 14 the big files are in a "Fifa 14/game" subdirectory, you have to include the "game" part.

Last edited:
Which sliders do people use? I only set marking to 58 for a bit more duels between players. But maybe its just in my head that it helps.

FIFA 23 release day, which means I fired up FIFA 14 for a few games! To me, it's the greatest FIFA of all-time because you really have to think your way to beat the other team and there's a true midfield battle. Plus, with the Classic Patch, it's an encyclopedia of football history.

I played around with some cl settings and sliders, and then settled on vanilla gameplay with @papinho81 v1.2 here and minimal slider changes. I think I pushed GKs, FBs and marking up to 60, and then some minor adjustments like reducing the speed and acceleration to 48. Manual through passing and shooting, rest on semi.

@Joël22 Definitely go with that v1.2 link above. Like Pap says, the players and ball are a little heavier and it's heaven.

now it s weird that i need to buy a ps4 just to play fifa 14 lol, thinking of it, it s just abnormal lol

It's working on PS5 like a charm, and Serie X. Don't think it's available on Serie S on the catalog as it's a "licenced" game.
But it's okay too on PC, or PS360, just less animation transitions and graphical enhancements.
Brought a X or PS5 instead. PS4 games or... One (lol, better to mention X360 catalog) you will brough on discount will run at 500%.

Last edited:
It's working on PS5 like a charm, and Serie X. Don't think it's available on Serie S on the catalog as it's a "licenced" game.
But it's okay too on PC, or PS360, just less animation transitions and graphical enhancements.
Brought a X or PS5 instead. PS4 games or... One (lol, better to mention X360 catalog) you will brough on discount will run at 500%.
So fifa 14 is good also on pc? It s easy for me to get on pc if it s good

Yes, it is. But older gen in full HD 60-75fps so it's okay (older gen > PS360)
But i feel something different on the PS4 version... Perhaps the animations transitions effect, graphisms, body shape etc.

So fifa 14 is good also on pc? It s easy for me to get on pc if it s good
FIFA 14 on PC, especially with the "Classic Patch" (Google it!), is an amazing spectacle. Solid gameplay too.

However, the then-"next-gen" versions are totally different games. It's slow and stiff by today's standards, but the physics are really nice, and my Be A Pro mode is still a lot of fun. Also, it's really challenging, but not because the AI plays ping-pong passing. It's just good AI.

I prefer the content of the PC Classic Patch, but I prefer the gameplay of the console version.

Bros, what are your favorite "in game" camera settings?

Right now I am switching between the following:

Broadcast camera, Zoom 0, Height 8

1664490733709.png

Co-op camera, Zoom 20, Height 8

1664491016366.png

Tele Broadcast, Zoom 0, Height 11

1664491233010.png

Would love to hear suggestions and/or how you prefer to set up your camera. :TU:

What kind of pitch mod u have?
Bros, what are your favorite "in game" camera settings?

Right now I am switching between the following:

Broadcast camera, Zoom 0, Height 8

View attachment 180137

Co-op camera, Zoom 20, Height 8

View attachment 180142

Tele Broadcast, Zoom 0, Height 11

View attachment 180146

Would love to hear suggestions and/or how you prefer to set up your camera. :TU:
i m currently btw coop and tele broadcast, very close to ur settings, i prefer tele broadcast because coop messes up the pitch dimensions especially the penalty area.... looks very weird

I’ve got family visiting today and they’ve brought kids so I dusted off FIFA 14 for them to try (my brother’s eldest boy loves footy but has only played modern day FIFA before).

Anyway; this game. It’s still so damn good, every match is so interesting and varied.

This game is up there with the best FIFA games of all time for sure. It’s got far, far more depth than the new FIFA games.

Ok after playing a few games on this game,i can t help but say that the individuality i wanted to feel from playing PES is not there, i feel every player is the same, especially the attackers, neymar isn t as obvious as he should be, nor messi....i don t know if we can do something to show the individuality i used to feel in pes 4 5 6

fifa 14 is ok on next gen, but on pc is just an average.

fifa 12 was last good old gen on pc, while from fifa 15 everything is even more better.

i play 14 just because of best mod ever created for any sports game - classic patch.

Back
Top Bottom