FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

I have finally figured out a combination of mods and sliders to make FIFA 15 play more like FIFA 16 when it comes to physicality and midfield battles. I am enjoying it more than FIFA 16 because in FIFA 15, CPU AI is more likely to create good attacking chances with variety rather than just tiki taka like in FIFA 16. It's good to see scrappy plays and 65% passing completion from lower rated teams and 89% passing completion from the likes of Barcelona. Also lower rated team uses long balls and counter attack a lot and are still hard to beat but in a fair way. Also one thing I really like in FIFA 15 is that fast players are actually fast. You can have a burst of pace from a pacey player to create some space and very good in counter attack situations. I still think overall FIFA 16 is better but with my mod, I am enjoying FIFA 15 more. Especially since I don't play more than 8 mins halves so I don't always want every match to be 0-0 or 1-0. I want to hammer lower rated teams by like 3-0 or 4-0 and have tight matches with equally rated teams.
Sounds really good. Which mods do you use?

To me it's the opposite, i sincerely think it's the worst Fifa ever made with the 09 (i place the 09 above)....

But in the same time, it seems that it's the one the sliders works the best from every PS4 version : not sure. If that's the case. You can do some magic (removing the super agility and super shoots) doesn't bother you. I played it in all configuration btw, but more online. FIFA online is to me more interesting, i got much more fun than in career mode : by trying practically every teams of the game in Division mode.
But never tried FUT : i swear i did only one half time and quited, and against CPU. Not my thing, and it's not related to gameplay or anything : i just prefers Divisions for online, or 11vs11 but only with friends. FIFA 15 was the last one i did this, but on every games : the 11 vs 11 mode with teammates from Wearepes website were super cool.
They've made even made a FUMA league, many players, on PES 2021 / You see the game very differently, same as FIFA 15 when i played that mode.

BTW, i'm not a FIFA 16 fan neither, it's just OK i retried it, just the feeling... Ignite was the reason, but it's a bit like PES 11 to 13 : they "reproduced" physics "manually" with animations, it wasn't automatic, and i'm not a fan of that system. Slowing down a motion, accelerate another movement, etc.
At the time, i was so used to see Fifa that i could see every stuffs they tried to change "manually". Manmade calibration on IGNITE especially didn't feeled natural at all visually.
But i'm pretty sure, if i replay one of them, it's been so long that i would care about it at all. Like when i replayed PES 11 or the 13. No problem, i feeled it basically not so "forced", well the 13 a bit more as the player were wayyyy to light, but overally not bad as some others things compensate.

Well for FIFA 15, i remember the same issue. Too much agility : i like to feel players weight, even if some will say "it's too much" or even "laggy" i don"t. To me it's as it shoud be, and depends from a player to another (not a problem with Dybala for example)
Well i would really like to retry it some games not the demo as it's different, i'm sure to liking it, i tried my other Nemesis game which is PES 2016, and hated it so...

OT about Fifa 17
Frosbite wasn't really an issue the first time i played, on the opposite i feeled the weight, i liked the movement flow, to me it haved some great potential.
Good feeling, realism about physics without "manmade tweaks" like Ignite, so Inertia (there's a connexion with what i told), contacts weren't that bad but neeed works, animations looked overally good such as players models, ball physics was a bit too "bullet/bowling" on FIFA 17... I remember some hyper long pass, practically from 40-50 metters without slowing down AT ALL :DOH: but it was a collsion bug with the bal. And players was sometimes annyoned by the ball physics.

"Lag" as you call it but due to animations were not that awful, there was some at the launch but many was more due to animations transitions and related to physics... What i prefers in a game than what you're calling responsiveness, some looks to me like a "don"t give a damn about physics", sorry but that how i feel about some games. You could accelerate a bit, but there's limits to me.

Well, Fifa 17, after the second or third patch until the end... It became another game, and all that i kinda liked was toned down in the bad direction.

So i gotted a big problem with Ignite in general, and now with what they've done with Frost, adding some weird algorithm on it...
Fifa 17 gived me fakes hope, because i liked it at first and hated it later.
But whatever, i was like under Division Mode drug, i played it even if the game was super frustrating or i wasn't a fan.
I dumbly played for at least one time win a D1 for the first time (it would have been possible since at least FIFA 11 or 12 but i wasn't aware AT ALL that you could've buy points or extra games on it way before. A mate told me that he won 9 times D1 i was shocked even if he was super good. Now i understand a why, and feel a bit less weak to reached the D1 and lost for 1 point in the others versions hahaha)

I have created my own mod which uses both db editing and ini files to adjust the positioning of players and allowing the CPU attack to have even more variety. It's extremely challenging though.
Is there any way I can try this? I'm really interested, as for my liking FIFA 15 has the best fundamentals.

FIFA_15_Screenshot_2021.10.18_-_06.13.32.38.png

FIFA_15_Screenshot_2021.10.18_-_06.34.36.43.png

RIP FIFA 15 servers.

Even few days ago (like a month or two) the servers were there. Now I can't connect and access the Catalogue menu. How will I unlock the extra balls, 3rd kits and stuff now?

Also sucks that there are no LAN support, but thank God Parsec exist, so it will still be possible to play with others to some extent.

FIFA_15_Screenshot_2021.10.18_-_06.13.32.38.png

FIFA_15_Screenshot_2021.10.18_-_06.34.36.43.png

RIP FIFA 15 servers.

Even few days ago (like a month or two) the servers were there. Now I can't connect and access the Catalogue menu. How will I unlock the extra balls, 3rd kits and stuff now?

Also sucks that there are no LAN support, but thank God Parsec exist, so it will still be possible to play with others to some extent.
Randomly came across this old thread, and just wanted to flag for awareness that its relatively easy to get the catalogue unlocked for offline use even with servers now permanently offline.

All it requires is some additional lines of code be added to locale.ini (or locale.big for consoles that are able to run modded code, e.g. X360 with a hardware mod).

Same instructions/lines of code this guy used for FIFA 19 works for earlier versions of FIFA as well

Randomly came across this old thread, and just wanted to flag for awareness that its relatively easy to get the catalogue unlocked for offline use even with servers now permanently offline.

All it requires is some additional lines of code be added to locale.ini (or locale.big for consoles that are able to run modded code, e.g. X360 with a hardware mod).

Same instructions/lines of code this guy used for FIFA 19 works for earlier versions of FIFA as well
Thank you. This will save me a lot of headache.

Wanted to share a few basic mods/tweaks to improve anyone's initial FIFA 15 experience on PC.

I have attached a little mod pack that has:
- No Intro Video Patch - place the two files in data/movies in C:/[FIFA 15 installation folder]/data/movies/ and use CG File Explorer to regenerate.
- Skip Config Launcher - place fifaconfig.exe and config.ini in C:/[FIFA 15 installation folder]/fifasetup/, no need to regenerate.
- Unlock Full Practice Arena and Unlock Full EA Catalogue - place cl.ini in C:/[FIFA 15 installation folder]/, no need to regenerate.
- Remove Gambling/Alcohol Restrictions and Skip Language Selection at Start (preset to English) - place rna.ini in C:/[FIFA 15 installation folder]/ and use CG File Explorer to regenerate.

If you don't already have CG File Explorer, you can download it at https://www.mediafire.com/file/ylprjecf1si38wn/CG_File_Explorer_Setup.rar/file While it is labeled as being for FIFA 16, it works fine for FIFA 15 as well. All you need to do to regenerate is to open CG File Exploer 16, select your FIFA 15 directory, and then click Regenerate All. If you skip this step, FIFA 15 won't know where to look for the modded files we've placed above.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• FIFA 15 Tweaks.zip
    456.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Wanted to share a few basic mods/tweaks to improve anyone's initial FIFA 15 experience on PC.

I have attached a little mod pack that has:
- No Intro Video Patch - place the two files in data/movies in C:/[FIFA 15 installation folder]/data/movies/ and use CG File Explorer to regenerate.
- Skip Config Launcher - place fifaconfig.exe and config.ini in C:/[FIFA 15 installation folder]/fifasetup/, no need to regenerate.
- Unlock Full Practice Arena and Unlock Full EA Catalogue - place cl.ini in C:/[FIFA 15 installation folder]/, no need to regenerate.
- Remove Gambling/Alcohol Restrictions and Skip Language Selection at Start (preset to English) - place rna.ini in C:/[FIFA 15 installation folder]/ and use CG File Explorer to regenerate.

If you don't already have CG File Explorer, you can download it at https://www.mediafire.com/file/ylprjecf1si38wn/CG_File_Explorer_Setup.rar/file While it is labeled as being for FIFA 16, it works fine for FIFA 15 as well. All you need to do to regenerate is to open CG File Exploer 16, select your FIFA 15 directory, and then click Regenerate All. If you skip this step, FIFA 15 won't know where to look for the modded files we've placed above.

Enjoy!
Great work. Do you happen to have a version o that no intro patch and skip config launcher for 16 or even other FIFA games on PC?

It would seriously shave that long-winded boot time down for sure.

It's a bit easier to skip the Config Launcher in FIFA 16 - just add AUTO_LAUNCH =1 as a line of code to fifasetup/config.ini - This trick also works for all of the Frostbite FIFA games as well.

I do have a No Intro patch for FIFA 16 - I've attached to this post. Copy files to data/ui/nav and use CG File Explorer to regenerate. I don't know if there are any No Intro patches for the Frostbite FIFA games, modding for those is a lot harder and requires Frosty Mod Manager for stuff like this.

The cl.ini and rna.ini I shared for FIFA 15 above also work for FIFA 16 in the same way - however, EA patched out the full practice arena in FIFA 16, which means the practice arena will glitch out if you use the code UNLOCK_FULL_PRACTICE_ARENA = 1 that I've got in the cl.ini - therefore, if you intend to use the the cl.ini with FIFA 16, delete that line before copying over to your FIFA 16 folder.

For Frostbite FIFA games, if you copy over the code from both the cl.ini and rna.ini to your data/locale.ini (paste at the very bottom), you should be able to unlock the catalogue, and skip language selection. Full practice arena doesn't work for the Frostbite FIFA's either, so don't copy that practice arena code when you do this.

Attachments

• Skip Intro Video.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 5
I remember that back in the day I played a complete season with West Ham United in EPL (inserting some classic players like Okocha, Nakata, Verón :LOL: ) and I really enjoyed it. :) Picked it up again and I've really had a great time playing exhibitions! The dynamism and CPU attack is just great, playing with semi passing (45 pass error) it's my sweet spot! IMO, FIFA 15 is a really underrated title! :)

Right now after 20 played games with Burnley on my player career im in 19th place of the Premier league
Remember having very hard and tough seasons on this before as well.
A real challenge

Ok, so I'm pretty much having a familiar problem with FIFA 15:

I'm finding World Class too hard and Professional too easy!

In the West Ham United save I mentioned above (which I played like 6 years ago), I was playing Professional and it seemed fair. But I guess after playing a lot of football games over the years, I am finding Professional not enough of a challenge anymore in this edition..

I started a Career with Sheffield Wednesday on World Class in the Third Division (Moved them from the Championship to League One, where I am the best team in the League), and I was getting dominated. Easily outshot 20 to 5. The CPU seemed really deadly, tough to dispossess and aggressive, too difficullt for me ATM.

Then I switched to Professional and just like that the tables turned. I started winning 4-0.. The CPU now played passive, getting off 2 shots a match, stuff like that.

So now I am in between. I know I could keep practicing on World Class and get better at FIFA 15, but it seems like the difficulty itself is a bit too "boosted" for my taste. In anycase, do you guys know of any gameplay mod that creates an in between, maybe make Professional harder or World Class a bit more manageable (If I may say so, I believe it has a bit of "script" or "momentum" in Career Mode IMO, leading two games 1-0 even after being outshot and got equalized in the last minute in both!)..

I'm really enjoying FIFA 15 and would love to have some kind of modification. Where it stands ATM, it seems to me like FIFA 15's World Class is more difficult than FIFA 16's Legendary, at least from my experience!

Last edited:
I've mentioned this before, but really needs to be mentioned again.
Being 2-1 up Vs Newcastle away in the 75th minute and onwards they pushed everything forward, only having their CB left , pushing so hard for a tying goal.
They managed to pull it of after 10 min of insane bombardment
After that ,they switched back to a regular formation pleased with a draw

Don't really see this on any game after FIFA 15
Which makes the games very enjoyable, score a goal try to close it down then when the CPU goes for an equalizer, tons of space to counter

Guys, I'd like to find a FIFA 15 patch (preferrably original season) which includes Brasileirao. I installed moddingway AIO and it didn't include it..

Does anyone know of a good patch with this league? Thanks in advance.

Guys, I'd like to find a FIFA 15 patch (preferrably original season) which includes Brasileirao. I installed moddingway AIO and it didn't include it..

Does anyone know of a good patch with this league? Thanks in advance.
I haven’t come across any for original season, but some of the later/alternate versions of Moddingway for FIFA 15 have other seasons of the Brasileirao included. Here’s a link to one for the 2017 season - https://www.balkanpesbox.com/forum/topic/3200-fifa-15-moddingway-mod-v-1000/

Just got this, I usually try out default sliders and even though it played good it was a bit too fast for me. Gonna give OS sliders a go.
Really enjoying 14-15-16
ive just adjusted a few things, still a discrepancy in speed/acceleration vs the cpu but i think i have it 48/49 speed and 48/49 acc and ive raised pass speed to 40 for me, but the base is there on OS slow pass speed sliders for sure
It really plays good
Yes those are really solid games

Back
Top Bottom