FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Price check reporting in: got a key for just under £23 from CJS CD Keys, the best I could find at the time of typing and a company I've used before so I trust them. I've had a few bad experiences with shady key sellers online, notably a seems-too-good-to-be-true all-Adobe-for-70-quid deal that turned out to be... you can guess the rest. So be careful out there. CJS still have keys for that price as of now.

The key worked and I'm about to dive in and play a bit of the fully installed, fully updated version (as recommended) before squeezing the whole thing down to 1.0 and doing the other hair-raising stuff required. I have very particular needs from a football game that are not really catered for by most footy games. Your descriptions of FIFA16 in this thread have me convinced it's worth a look.
i was watching the FIFA16 prices for quite some time now... but hey, FIFA22 was released and (for now) i dont "need" to buy FIFA16...

So tonight is reserved for English Football League Trophy (known as the Papa John's Trophy) and this means things you are not possible to do in FIFA 22 you can do in 16.

For example, these matches can be played on real stadiums created for 16 and with specific graphics and stuff (that you cant do in the kick-off in 22)

Crewe Alexandra - Wigan Athletic
Rotherham United - Scunthorpe United
Milton Keynes Dons - Wycombe Wanderers
Northampton Town - Walsall
Cheltenham Town - Exeter City

Ah Cheltenham, one of the best stadiums ever made for 16

J2aLlxU.png

zCloMAA.png

I played FIFA 22. It's the best fifa released since FIFA 16.

But it's still not better than FIFA 16. The possibilities for modifications in FIFA 16 take the game to another level.

I really care about details, I can't enjoy playing with teams like Piamonte and Latium. I know that in FIFA 22 PC these issues will be resolved, but I still don't think it's better than FIFA 16.

But it's still not better than FIFA 16. The possibilities for modifications in FIFA 16 take the game to another level.

I really care about details, I can't enjoy playing with teams like Piamonte and Latium. I know that in FIFA 22 PC these issues will be resolved, but I still don't think it's better than FIFA 16.
I couldn’t say that in general but some aspects 16 got better. Some 22 got better. Imo.
i am comparing the vanilla disc for PS4 withthe PS5 disc of FIFA22! no mods or PC stuff... that surely makes FIFA16 even better.

if i had to choose, well i did, id go 22 over 16 (disc vs. disc) ANYTIME!

Last edited:

I agree, IMO Fifa 16 is still the most complete Fifa to date. (Fouls, physicality, modding possibilities, foot planting, etc)

Fifa 22 is a step in the right direction of course, but still clunky and skaty as hell. Furthermore I can't stand the freekick and corner system established with Frostbite.

I couldn’t say that in general but some aspects 16 got better. Some 22 got better. Imo.
i am comparing the vanilal disc for PS4 to the PS5 disc of FIFA22! no mods or PC stuff... that surely makes FIFA16 even better.

if i had to choose, well i did, id go 22 over 16 (disc vs. disc) ANYTIME!

FIFA 16 is a game from 7 years ago, of course FIFA 22 has improvements over FIFA 16. But FIFA 16's gameplay is still good, although old in some respects.

I like to play "realistic career mode". So the immersion of FIFA 16 mods is essential. Faces, stadiums, scores, new leagues.

If my focus was just gameplay, I would opt for FIFA 22, which is a current game.

As my focus is gameplay+immersion+enjoyment. FIFA 16 is still the best.

My opinion may be different if FIFA 23(PC) is Next-Gen.

I didn't play 22 just watched videos but what i saw didn't look appeling gameplaywise. I still don't have the feeling to watch football: permanent end to end action, laser passes all da way, ai franticly playing forward only, players skating rather then running, one foul every 3 games, still an arcade game for teens imo. Ok its slower, it seems like the players have a bit more inertia then in 21 and there is a feeling that with heavy gameplay mods and sliders adjustments it could maybe become as good as 16 + db and gameplay mods but you know, frostbite... as you guys said, no stadiums, graphic mods or deep gameplay mods.

As konami "suicided" PES, Looks (again) not like a great virtual footy yeat, will stick to 16 for one more year.

I didn't play 22 just watched videos but what i saw didn't look appeling gameplaywise. I still don't have the feeling to watch football: permanent end to end action, laser passes all da way, ai franticly playing forward only, players skating rather then running, one foul every 3 games, still an arcade game for teens imo. Ok its slower, it seems like the players have a bit more inertia then in 21 and there is a feeling that with heavy gameplay mods and sliders adjustments it could maybe become as good as 16 + db and gameplay mods but you know, frostbite... as you guys said, no stadiums, graphic mods or deep gameplay mods.

As konami "suicided" PES, Looks (again) not like a great virtual footy yeat, will stick to 16 for one more year.
when you watch the following video, would you say the AI is to frantic? do you notice more skating than running? i can see 3 fouls at half time!

but yeah, i feel like a teen while playing! :D

On the PC I have a few problems with the Infinity patch to sort out. There are several Invisible Man-style headless players in every match (and a few visible in regular play). I've searched this forum and others and cannot see a solution. The only mentions seem to indicate that it's something we have to put up with – or is there a fix? I suspect I've missed something as it would be more of an issue in general to more people, I think. I did all the regenerating. Promise!

And the other thing is that the stadia are all empty! This bothers me a touch more.

A couple of days with a couple of editions of FIFA16, plus the added dimension of having and enjoying FIFA22, and my football gaming world is rocked.

I'm gutted to have missed out on FIFA16 in its year of release. I know I played the demo but, a touch unusually for me, I never sampled the full game and I don't really know why. I didn't rate PES2016 all that highly (one of the more arcade-focused PES editions).

FIFA16 doesn't have the 'FIFA crawl' animations. I like the player models. The weight and inertia of the players. The shooting. The context-appropriate limitations of action. Why isn't this vision the standard way of making a footy game? (No need to answer. I know. "A game should be a game...")

I've still played a ton of the game today. No gameplay mods as yet. Just the 1.0 gameplay.

I cannot believe I missed out on this until now. When it takes a FIFA player model an absolute age to chest-trap a ball and turn with it, you know you're playing a game from another era, effectively.

Who needs eFootball with FIFA here to save the day?! Thinking the unthinkable is the new normal.

Last edited:
On the PC I have a few problems with the Infinity patch to sort out. There are several Invisible Man-style headless players in every match (and a few visible in regular play). I've searched this forum and others and cannot see a solution. The only mentions seem to indicate that it's something we have to put up with – or is there a fix? I suspect I've missed something as it would be more of an issue in general to more people, I think. I did all the regenerating. Promise!

And the other thing is that the stadia are all empty! This bothers me a touch more.

A couple of days with a couple of editions of FIFA16, plus the added dimension of having and enjoying FIFA22, and my football gaming world is rocked.

I'm gutted to have missed out on FIFA16 in its year of release. I know I played the demo but, a touch unusually for me, I never sampled the full game and I don't really know why. I didn't rate PES2016 all that highly (one of the more arcade-focused PES editions).

FIFA16 doesn't have the 'FIFA crawl' animations. I like the player models. The weight and inertia of the players. The shooting. The context-appropriate limitations of action. Why isn't this vision the standard way of making a footy game? (No need to answer. I know. "A game should be a game...")

I've still played a ton of the game today. No gameplay mods as yet. Just the 1.0 gameplay.

I cannot believe I missed out on this until now. When it takes a FIFA player model an absolute age to chest-trap a ball and turn with it, you know you're playing a game from another era, effectively.

Who needs eFootball with FIFA here to save the day?! Thinking the unthinkable is the new normal.

Headless players: Download the facepack with thousands of faces that was made available here on the forum. This will probably solve your problem.

I’m just talking gameplay. People haven’t been positive about a FIFA title (and rightly so) for a long time.
ok, agree.
the comments above featured 2 screens that represent more of the gfx department, rather than gameplay. but i get you.

The fact 22 is even in the conversation with 16 means it is a big positive. No-one was comparing 21 with 16, it wasn't even close.
The turf still looks better than the next-gen one
he did! thats where i came from!

ok, agree.
the comments above featured 2 screens that represent more of the gfx department, rather than gameplay. but i get you.

he did! thats where i came from!
Haha not sure what you mean man. I'm not disputing anything you've said. I'm just making a general comment - it's a good sign that people are even discussing FIFA 22 v FIFA 16. It means there's at least a conversation to be had - first time in a few years at least.

I always come back to FIFA 16 but get bored afterwards because the CPU AI is a bit too easy and every team plays the same. That's pretty much the only thing that bothers me. That and slow player catching up to my fast players. Did anyone found a way to manage to get more team individuality in this game?

how to play fifa 1.0
it always let me update
Good instructions from forum mod Chris here: https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3733075

Follow that and you won't have a problem getting 1.0 gameplay. The other question then of course is, where to get a 1.0 installation? Another user kindly left me this link to a ton of mod files, including a 1.0 (password 'evoweb'): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AHjSQ3zzi6ejhmg&id=28679F17FFF02DB!36593&cid=028679F17FFF02DB

I still haven't got mine working properly, but it's a matter of time and patience as with much PC modding, especially the size and amount of files we're dealing with in footy game modding. I have no crowd in my current installation, and several players in every match are headless (facepacks and careful rebuilding not resolving it). The game itself plays great, well worth further effort IMO. It's sparked my interest in a lot of other retro FIFA, which I mostly ignored or played for a few weeks during all the long years of PES.

Last edited:
when you watch the following video, would you say the AI is to frantic? do you notice more skating than running? i can see 3 fouls at half time!

but yeah, i feel like a teen while playing! :D
I admit i judged the game a bit too quick, the rythm of the game is ok in this video, not frantic but the players ball handling is strange, doing weird speedy touches to the ball, unatural quick feet movement and yes it feels like they are half skating, half running, a thing i never noticed in 16. But i admit its a progress regarding the previous recent fifas.

Back
Top Bottom