FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Good instructions from forum mod Chris here: https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3733075

Follow that and you won't have a problem getting 1.0 gameplay. The other question then of course is, where to get a 1.0 installation? Another user kindly left me this link to a ton of mod files, including a 1.0 (password 'evoweb'): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AHjSQ3zzi6ejhmg&id=28679F17FFF02DB!36593&cid=028679F17FFF02DB

I still haven't got mine working properly, but it's a matter of time and patience as with much PC modding, especially the size and amount of files we're dealing with in footy game modding. I have no crowd in my current installation, and several players in every match are headless (facepacks and careful rebuilding not resolving it). The game itself plays great, well worth further effort IMO. It's sparked my interest in a lot of other retro FIFA, which I mostly ignored or played for a few weeks during all the long years of PES.

How did you install it mate?
Download 1.0 version from the One Drive link you posted it
Install Revolution Mod with all updates
Paste the patch you have
Regenerate with Creation Master 16

how to play fifa 1.0
it always let me update

Install FIFA 16 from Origin
Download 1.0 from this link:
password 'evoweb'): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AHjSQ3zzi6ejhmg&id=28679F17FFF02DB!36593&cid=028679F17FFF02DB
Rename the FIFA 16 folder you have in the installation from Origin
Paste the FIFA 16 1.0 in the same place
Deactivate the updates in Origin or use Origin in offline mode

In that way you would be able to play with 1.0 without being forced to update

I am still mixed on downloading Fifa22 as I still enjoy modded 16. Obviously have updated graphics and the recent update to the goal kick rule and one player kick offs make 16 a bit outdated.

what I see in 22 are some better gameplay with a more patient build up. But I agree the action is all a bit frantic at times and still very slidey. But an improvement compared to 21.

I shouldn’t judge 22 too much as I have not played it but I’m not convinced the GP is better than 16

Am I the only one who likes 14 better than 16? Probably because it’s the first Fifa I play on manual so maybe that’s why
I think they are very tied for me. I love the AI in FIFA 14. Definitely the best AI for any FIFA game. Teams have distinct style of play which increases replayability. Also passing stat have more effect in FIFA 14 so that teams like Portsmouth doesn't start playing tiki taka like Prime Barcelona. The physicality is also in par with FIFA 16 with strength having a lot of impact. Also headers are more usable than in FIFA 16 too so certain players are really fun to play with. The only thing that I prefer FIFA 16 over is the dribbling, ball control and agility. FIFA 16 is perfect the way it describes a player's dribbling, ball control and agility. It's so smooth and so responsive. FIFA 14 feels clunky in that regard.

I'm wondering if anybody who's tried the FIFA 16 Classic Patch can advise, I've installed the latest AIO correctly as per instructions, everything seems fine except for the teams, it only has 1990 - 1999 & J-League, I can't seem to access the other teams from the other decades in the patch, so I'm wondering if I'm missing anything?

@Anth James does this ring any bells?

Never mind, I figured it out, I didn't know there were database rars to extract in the db folder like on FIFA 14's Classic Patch. I should've known but the instructions don't state this on 16's version so I blindly followed them instead of using my initiative so, shame on me.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anybody who's tried the FIFA 16 Classic Patch can advise, I've installed the latest AIO correctly as per instructions, everything seems fine except for the teams, it only has 1990 - 1999 & J-League, I can't seem to access the other teams from the other decades in the patch, so I'm wondering if I'm missing anything?

Never mind, I figured it out, I didn't know there were database rars to extract in the db folder like on FIFA 14's Classic Patch. I should've known but the instructions don't state this on 16's version so I blindly followed them instead of using my initiative so, shame on me.
Sorry man I just saw this now! Glad you got it fixed.

it cannot be purchased with reasonable price, i looked at resellers, lowest price is around 30 euros, which is way to much for a game from 2015.

i wouldn't play more than 6-7 euros, which is how much it should worth.

it cannot be purchased with reasonable price, i looked at resellers, lowest price is around 30 euros, which is way to much for a game from 2015.

See FIFA16 as un grand cru. A must have in your footy game cellar.

Last edited:

You won’t regret the purchase. They’ll probably only go up too..

Around 30 euros seems like a fair price to me, all considered. The game is great and the cost is probably so high cause it's starting to be hardly available.

Something as.. heerrr, I guess not really that great compared with their contemporaries like Fifa 09 on pc (that was still the old thing with new rosters, nothing to do with ng) costed around 40 euros last time I checked on key sites, just to give an idea of how crazy those prices can get. And 09 can also be pirated, 16 not afaik. But it's a matter of perspectives, I guess; I already played hundreds (maybe more than a thousand) hours with 16, if my Origin account were to be hjiacked by four dimensional aliens tomorrow it would probably be among the first games I'd try to buy back. One thing I'm 100% sure of is that I'd be happier to spend those money again to play 16 than for any of the things that came out from 20 onwards on both sides but, again - just my point of view. Nothing wrong if it doesn't appeal you the same.

In other words - grabbed a new monitor (old one sadly kicked the bucket days ago) and I can finally play Fifa 15-16 wide screen after a lifetime of unsolvable black bands:BOP:

I've just installed the latest version of the Classic Patch and I'm having a nightmare getting the stadiums to appear that are clearly available in the CGFS stadium folder.

I've tried using every possible combination of FIFA 16 versions (1.0, 1.1, up to the most updated version) along with all versions of CGFS. I get the adboards but nothing else (Wembley is a generic European stadium that is clearly incorrect)...

Was it all working for you from install (after you discovered all the RARs you had to extract and regenerated the BH files)?

Turns out CGFS keeps closing itself after FIFA launches. If I ALT+TAB out of the game and start it up again, it works...

Last edited:
Does anybody know what this means? That player is not a human! Strange glitch, never saw this before.

Attachments

• fifa16_2021_12_27_20_58_24_265.jpg
    fifa16_2021_12_27_20_58_24_265.jpg
    958.4 KB · Views: 47
Untitled.jpg

Has anybody gotten Stadium Server that came in the latest AIO Classic Patch to work? I'm probably missing one step, but it seems like it's not assigning "Team" to an ID - the documentation shows this screen with the example "is now assigned to Team 83"

I see the movie that plays before matches and it says my FIFA 16.exe is running, but the stadium or scoreboard isn't being assigned. I've rengenerated and all that, too.

View attachment 138884

Has anybody gotten Stadium Server that came in the latest AIO Classic Patch to work? I'm probably missing one step, but it seems like it's not assigning "Team" to an ID - the documentation shows this screen with the example "is now assigned to Team 83"

I see the movie that plays before matches and it says my FIFA 16.exe is running, but the stadium or scoreboard isn't being assigned. I've rengenerated and all that, too.
Are you playing with v1.00? If so, it won't work with that.

Back
Top Bottom