FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Thanks @nikolapfc89 and his recommendation to run scouser09's batch file to fix the faces causing crashes.

I have now managed to get nearly everything working great but i'm having one issue still with the faces. I am using FIP 5.1 and Lagwagons AIO Face Pack but this issue is appearing with certain players, Diego Carlos of Sevilla as shown below:

FIFA 16 21_05_2022 00_36_37.jpg

FIFA 16 21_05_2022 00_39_26.jpg

Is there anyway to fix this? I have gone through 20+ pages of this thread and others and saw someone mentioned using the Postfx LOD by Mortal. So I downloaded that and put it in the data/fifrna/lua folder but it hasn't fixed this issue. I'm running the game at 4K (upscaled).

Any of the FIFA mod experts have any advice? Is anyone running into the same issue with FIP 5.1 and this particular player? Thank you.

Thanks @nikolapfc89 and his recommendation to run scouser09's batch file to fix the faces causing crashes.

I have now managed to get nearly everything working great but i'm having one issue still with the faces. I am using FIP 5.1 and Lagwagons AIO Face Pack but this issue is appearing with certain players, Diego Carlos of Sevilla as shown below:

View attachment 161611

View attachment 161612

Is there anyway to fix this? I have gone through 20+ pages of this thread and others and saw someone mentioned using the Postfx LOD by Mortal. So I downloaded that and put it in the data/fifrna/lua folder but it hasn't fixed this issue. I'm running the game at 4K (upscaled).

Any of the FIFA mod experts have any advice? Is anyone running into the same issue with FIP 5.1 and this particular player? Thank you.

this is a problem in the conversion of these faces, there is no way to correct it, only in the conversion process. Di Lorenzo has the same problem.

you have to download other versions that are corrected

this is a problem in the conversion of these faces, there is no way to correct it, only in the conversion process. Di Lorenzo has the same problem.

you have to download other versions that are corrected
Thanks for the info.
If I can’t find a corrected version can I simply delete the broken face for that particular player and just have it use their default/generic face?
If anyone has links to fixed faces please post them. Thank you.

Last edited:
There's unfortunately very few values we can tweak at the moment and they can't be broken up into shooting,passing etc.

My biggest issue with 16's ball is that it shoots out super fast from the foot and then it slows down too quickly. I think @Chris Davies said it best once, that the ball is 'too fast and too slow at the same time'. Adding some additional weight and reducing some friction has definitely helped create a smoother transition. The difficult part is that the curve seems to go very quickly with changes. I'm still playing with it so hopefully I can find a decent balance.
Yeah, I've been playing a bit more FIFA 16 this last week or so - fully updated with the stadium server rather than v1 because I'm lazy in my old age, but I'm starting to regret it - and my biggest frustrations are the speed of the game and the acceleration speed of passes.

When the boot makes contact with the ball, the initial half-second or so of the pass is like a bullet. It doesn't happen with shots etc., only ground passes. It looks crazy.

I've used various whole cl.ini files (from the likes of Supernova) but they're huge and mess around with so much stuff that the game ends up with lots of bizarre moments (e.g. every other pass being totally miscontrolled, or simple turns taking seconds to complete).

So I've been trying to isolate certain values and achieve one thing, which is just to slow down pass acceleration whilst maintaining a decent speed. It's been a long time since I've messed around with things though, so I can't remember values I've used in the past. I've just been using "friction" and "mfriction" so far, increasing the values bit by bit, and it helps, but... Not enough.

Yeah, I've been playing a bit more FIFA 16 this last week or so - fully updated with the stadium server rather than v1 because I'm lazy in my old age, but I'm starting to regret it - and my biggest frustrations are the speed of the game and the acceleration speed of passes.

When the boot makes contact with the ball, the initial half-second or so of the pass is like a bullet. It doesn't happen with shots etc., only ground passes. It looks crazy.

I've used various whole cl.ini files (from the likes of Supernova) but they're huge and mess around with so much stuff that the game ends up with lots of bizarre moments (e.g. every other pass being totally miscontrolled, or simple turns taking seconds to complete).

So I've been trying to isolate certain values and achieve one thing, which is just to slow down pass acceleration whilst maintaining a decent speed. It's been a long time since I've messed around with things though, so I can't remember values I've used in the past. I've just been using "friction" and "mfriction" so far, increasing the values bit by bit, and it helps, but... Not enough.
Yeah exactly right. I find it so frustrating because it would be so easy to fix if we had access to those same files like on Frostbite.

I’m searching for a fix as well. I’m finding speed hack at around 88-90, combined with a faster speed slider (for player movement) and adjustments through the ball physics table really helps a lot (especially with that problem), but I just can’t quite get the curve back properly. It’s better than the first version I posted but still not quite there. I’ll upload my latest attempt soon so you can test it too.

Yeah exactly right. I find it so frustrating because it would be so easy to fix if we had access to those same files like on Frostbite.

I’m searching for a fix as well. I’m finding speed hack at around 88-90, combined with a faster speed slider (for player movement) and adjustments through the ball physics table really helps a lot (especially with that problem), but I just can’t quite get the curve back properly. It’s better than the first version I posted but still not quite there. I’ll upload my latest attempt soon so you can test it too.

Curve is impacted by the ball size to mass ratio, the lower the ratio, the more linear the ball trajectory is.

Does anyone know the name of the overlay if I wanted to add the little Premier League logo watermark in the bottom right of the screen please?

Does anyone know the name of the overlay if I wanted to add the little Premier League logo watermark in the bottom right of the screen please?
Here you go - https://mega.nz/file/hJcxACzS#hqDFpjHeoAwcdTKjtKc-yq5ynIlM2weTRZG1WbWsNuQ

Put this file in Data/UI/Game/Overlays. I just rename the original overlay_9105 file to 'overlay_9105 base'. When I'm not playing EPL matches I change it to a range of others to suit. As long you make the change outside of the game itself it'll change for the next match without having to regenerate.

Guys, does anyone know if there’s a breakdown anywhere that explains which values in the cl.ini do what? There’s so many from many titles and I just don’t know what impact they’re actually having…

Guys, does anyone know if there’s a breakdown anywhere that explains which values in the cl.ini do what? There’s so many from many titles and I just don’t know what impact they’re actually having…
I suspect the majority don't work. I've never found a breakdown of them, it would take a painstaking amount of work (setting each one individually to crazy values in each direction).

The game works great on the steam deck. However I can’t get the FIP Patch installed as none of the apps to Regenerate the bh files seem to work on Linux…

Has anyone tried this on the deck or as any ideas how to solve this?

Does anyone have a nice exhibition scoreboard to share? I'm using a decent ESPN one but its missing popups. If anyone has some ESPN popups as well please share them. Thanks.

I haven't played for a while but I was thinking, have you tried lowering the pass speed or power bar speed in the sliders?

I don't know the values as I'm at work but I used Matt 10's sliders for 14 PC which slow the passing down a lot and I found it really effective on FIFA 16.

I haven't played for a while but I was thinking, have you tried lowering the pass speed or power bar speed in the sliders?

I don't know the values as I'm at work but I used Matt 10's sliders for 14 PC which slow the passing down a lot and I found it really effective on FIFA 16.
The problem is that the pass is super fast out of the boot, but then it slows down a lot during travel. Passes often get intercepted or don’t reach. The ball physics table I’ve been using can help a lot but there are a few quirks to how it can be used which complicates things.

Its a long shot but does anyone have one of Chuny’s previous GFX MOD for FIFA 16 still? Cheers.

Last edited:
Guys, does anyone have a solution for me?

I have GTX 580 (which is not supported anymore for GeForce Experience). I need an alternative for In-Game Overlay. When I play FIFA 16, I am adjusting lighting, brightness, color, etc via game overlay. But I don't have it anymore because of Nvidia.

Thanks.

I have GTX 580 (which is not supported anymore for GeForce Experience). I need an alternative for In-Game Overlay. When I play FIFA 16, I am adjusting lighting, brightness, color, etc via game overlay. But I don't have it anymore because of Nvidia.

Thanks.
Hi Nikola, you can adjust all the settings also through reshade GUI. Make sure when you download from https://reshade.me/ to tick the right shaders for it.
With "tonemap.fx" you can adjust gamma and exposure for your desired lightning in every stadium or in general. Just use the SLiders after you have pressed POS1 on your keyboard to open up the reshade user interface. I attached you some screenshots where you can see everything related to shader tonemap.fx.
Are you familiar with reshade setup and using? If not send me PM and I will help you out.
But it´s easy to use. After downloading from reshademe website execute the Application and follow my screenshots. You only need to tick tonemap.fx shader for lightning and saturation etc. You can also use fakehdr.fx for better contrast and colors on your game.
Let me know if it helps you out. cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    197.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    610.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot (20).png
    Screenshot (20).png
    460.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot (21).png
    Screenshot (21).png
    650.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    423.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    455.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    5.7 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    6.4 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    5.7 MB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    6.4 MB · Views: 31

Thanks.
You can use it for Fifa 16, although you see I use Fifa 17 exe. It doesn´t matter.

Anyone have Brian Brobbey's face for Ajax? Searched on SoccerGaming but the only link for one has expired. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nice, I'm a bit out of the loop with FIP, is this the patch that doesn't seem to include updated faces by default, isn't there a mega facepack floating around somewhere we're advised to install on top of this?

Here is the biggest facepack to date :
http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/21-22-custom-faces.6469609/post-6696778 #download link deleted

The same thing split into smaller packages:
http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/21-22-custom-faces.6469609/post-6696835

I recommend using the last CM16 version edited by Scouser to avoid crashes caused by new faces.
(Once the db is loaded in CM16, click tool, fix faces (last option), save).
http://www.soccergaming.com/index.p...ch-16-v5-2-21-22-edition.6466137/post-6698519

Last edited:
I’m finding 16 plays better without gameplay lines in the cl.ini. I can't always pinpoint what changes with those lines, but I often feel they have a negative impact in animations and overall clunkiness. 16 isn't the smoothest of games at the best of times, but I definitely felt it was a bit smoother after playing on the ps5 and then on PC after deleting anything of note in the cl.ini...

Back
Top Bottom