FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I noticed that the problem is about the hair, i removed the hair's folder and the it didn't crash, now how can i solve this problem? there are many players that have this problem and i can't check and provide hair for all of them
Did you figure out what match causing crash?
If you know, go in game to the edit menu. Edit player, choose teams that crash and check player by player (just try to open one by one player in edit) and if there is error game will crash. So just remove hair for that player. Bettet one than whole folder.

Try again that match. Also it could be more than one player.

But its strange. With setfacetype game should not crash.

That could be several things:
- have you reset the squad file in game? So that your dB edit s are loaded.
- does the player have/need a simhair file?
- does the player have a playerassignement lua file?

Did you figure out what match causing crash?
If you know, go in game to the edit menu. Edit player, choose teams that crash and check player by player (just try to open one by one player in edit) and if there is error game will crash. So just remove hair for that player. Bettet one than whole folder.

Try again that match. Also it could be more than one player.

But its strange. With setfacetype game should not crash.
yeah i realized that the crash is caused by some players hairs, but they are really too much, i can't check them singulary and fix, there are very few teams that haven't players with this hair's problem, so i should find a solution that could fix every bugged player

That could be several things:
- have you reset the squad file in game? So that your dB edit s are loaded.
- does the player have/need a simhair file?
- does the player have a playerassignement lua file?
on the first point, i confirm that i reset the squad
on the two others, i sincerely don't know. Rabiot is the bugged player that i take as example, and i didn't find a simhair file,but i found him as playerassigment

Last edited:
Hey guys. I found FIFA 16 on Flipkart. It cost 599 rupees. If I buy this game, can I still register this game on origin?

I also found one game on DVD, but I don't have DVD Rom in my PC haha is it possible to create iso files and make it playable?

Hey guys. I found FIFA 16 on Flipkart. It cost 599 rupees. If I buy this game, can I still register this game on origin?

I also found one game on DVD, but I don't have DVD Rom in my PC haha is it possible to create iso files and make it playable?
Yes you can register the game via Origin if you buy it. No there is no ISO File compability. You need the game in digital form or physical Form on DVD. Both needs activation in Origin Client via the Code you received when you purchase the game.

Unfortunately, I can't create an account on Flipkart. Apparently you need to be from India.. That's sucks

I've installed the new FIP and enjoying 16 again. One thing I'd like to do is bring some smoothness to the mechanics. It feels very jerky after playing some of the new titles for so long. I'm currently trying a Speedhack value of 0.94 so slow everything down a little and then I've upped the Speed and Acceleration sliders to 70/70 and 63/65 so bring back some of the fluidity to the movement. Animations feel just that bit smoother and the ball isn't so rapid. I recommend giving it a run and see how you find it. Edit: This will need fine tuning.

I'm going to try and continue to work on the ball physics as well. The previous version, while good in many ways - the fact that the curve of the ball is taken away really annoys me so I'll see what can be done.

Man, this game does so many things well!

Last edited:
I've installed the new FIP and enjoying 16 again. One thing I'd like to do is bring some smoothness to the mechanics. It feels very jerky after playing some of the new titles for so long. I'm currently trying a Speedhack value of 0.94 so slow everything down a little and then I've upped the Speed and Acceleration sliders to 70/70 and 63/65 so bring back some of the fluidity to the movement. So far it's working very nicely. Animations feel just that bit smoother and the ball isn't so rapid. I recommend giving it a run and see how you find it.

I'm going to try and continue to work on the ball physics as well. The previous version, while good in many ways - the fact that the curve of the ball is taken away really annoys me so I'll see what can be done.

Fantastic game it is!

I just had a great game in CL group stage with ManU against Atletico. The game was so closed, it was obnoxious. Despite the cpu teams tend to play possession more often than not, which could feel samy after some time (I am playing regularily this one since 2018 lol), but games scenarios are still remarkably varied. Also there is so much of the football emotions in that game, from the little details (ie: tactical fouls by the cpu) to the fist pumping goals.

Fantastic game it is!

I just had a great game in CL group stage with ManU against Atletico. The game was so closed, it was obnoxious. Despite the cpu teams tend to play possession more often than not, which could feel samy after some time (I am playing regularily this one since 2018 lol), but games scenarios are still remarkably varied. Also there is so much of the football emotions in that game, from the little details (ie: tactical fouls by the cpu) to the fist pumping goals.
So true Pap. I'd rather teams all play possession than all lump the ball up the pitch constantly, at least they're all playing football haha.

Are you still playing on v1.00?

Always a Pleasure to come back to 16. For me it was yesterday the other way. I played last time since 5.1 from FIP is out a lot Fifa 16 and enjoyed it too. But yesterday for unknown reason I went back to Fifa 21 just for trying another game. Man it was kinda culture shock. When you play Fifa 16 for 3 weeks and than came back to an Frostbite Fifa you will realize again the huge difference especially in Terms of freedom and not scripted GP and that annoying Frostbite stuff. Also these silly dribbling animation shit of Fifa 21 where any lower Defender is able to play your own striker down like his name is Messi. In Fifa 16 it´s just more balanced and I have always the feeling little cl.ini entries are having more effect than in Frostbite Fifas.
Anyway I agree the only annoying thing still in 16 is that animation thing.
I experiemented last time with some Values and strings in the cl.ini. Not only old Values from Fifa 16 I found in GP from Supernova, Paul v2k or Fidel Gameplay. I started to put some Values from newer Fifas in the cl.ini. Here are some good experience I made for gameplay speed and kinda smoothness of the Player behaviour. Maybe I try it also with the speed hack tool for maybe more effect and also the Physics settings from Anth James.
Feel free to test the settings by yourself, Guys. You can adjust the settings by yourself of course. It´s nothing carved in stone. I tried my gp with these Values here. Put it in your own cl.ini. Of course if have more entries related to the Gameplay it may differ the experience you made. At the moment I use these settings on the end of an Supernova GP which made it slightly better in terms of not so overpowered movement behaviour of the Players imo.

So here the Values I actually using. Credits to Ciais, Paul v2k, Supernova and Fidel gameplay;

ENABLE_DRIBBLE_ACCEL_MOD = 1
// Controls gameplay speed - 1 is default
// how long it takes to speed up
ACCEL = 2
// how long it takes to slow down
DECEL = 1

// smooth gameplay achieved with all 0.1
FORCE_ANY=0.19
FORCE_BACK=0.19
FORCE_FRONT=0.1
FORCE_INSIDE=0.1005
FORCE_OUTSIDE=0.1005

You can also try these settings instead of the Pack with the "FORCE_ANY" strings and Values too. Make sure you comment the above settings out and insert these for an slightly other experience. To be clear, it´s not an complete gp mod. Just had the feeling it helps me in personal to enjoy Fifa 16 more, though. ;-)

[] //ATTACKING
MENTAL_VISION=30
FORCE_ANY=0.5
FORCE_FRONT=0.7
FORCE_BACK=0.1
FORCE_OBJECTIVE_FORCEDLONGPASSUP=1

This is my complete cl.ini at the moment which I already test. If someone want to test it out just copy paste the content from the txt file into your cl.ini and save.

Attachments

• cl.txt
    20.1 KB · Views: 13
I installed FIFA 22, it's a playable game, but I soon lost interest in playing it. I don't feel "emotion" in scoring a goal like I feel playing FIFA 16, with FIFA 16 I have a feeling of simulating football.

Of course I miss some things from FIFA 22, in FIFA 22 Neymar takes the ball and tries to dribble, in FIFA 16 the CPU doesn't try individual moves, and there's nothing to fix that.

In FIFA 22 there is also more difference between the teams, Manchester City plays differently than Fulham, for example. In addition to being a newer game and obviously having more features and animations.

but that's just it, it's not an attractive game for me, the rest of the game is "chaos", even adjusting the slider.

Another point, Fifa 16 after years is still good graphically. New FIFA's converted faces look great in FIFA 16.

My dream would be a tool to add supporters chants, that's why FIFA 16 I so bad.

I tested the new Anth James ball physics and it's amazing, it makes a big difference in the gameplay, I'm excited to have him back.

I've installed the new FIP and enjoying 16 again. One thing I'd like to do is bring some smoothness to the mechanics. It feels very jerky after playing some of the new titles for so long. I'm currently trying a Speedhack value of 0.94 so slow everything down a little and then I've upped the Speed and Acceleration sliders to 70/70 and 63/65 so bring back some of the fluidity to the movement. So far it's working very nicely. Animations feel just that bit smoother and the ball isn't so rapid. I recommend giving it a run and see how you find it.

This is the one thing I didn't enjoy your with ball physics adjustments so hopefully you can find a better balance 🙏 Normal shooting feels much better and more satisfying though when using your adjustments. Appreciate you work :)

Of course I miss some things from FIFA 22, in FIFA 22 Neymar takes the ball and tries to dribble, in FIFA 16 the CPU doesn't try individual moves, and there's nothing to fix that.
In my experience, it's some CL.ini stuff that mess up CPU dribbling. With the vanilla thing I came back to last time, you have AI players do some very good individual things. Just a very quick example of Zaha doing a nice one against me in my last career World Cup:

although I agree with you about teams playstyles, wish there was a way to make them stick more to personal tactics.

Another point, Fifa 16 after years is still good graphically. New FIFA's converted faces look great in FIFA 16.

I feel like their games started to look like cartoon after the switch to frostbite engine. It's probably the lighting that makes me dislike the frostbite fifa games. 17 looked okayish but 21 and 22 just looks like fortnite on steroids.

So I actually kinda prefer the lighting and overall look of pre frostbite era fifa games.

I feel like their games started to look like cartoon after the switch to frostbite engine. It's probably the lighting that makes me dislike the frostbite fifa games. 17 looked okayish but 21 and 22 just looks like fortnite on steroids.

So I actually kinda prefer the lighting and overall look of pre frostbite era fifa games.
Same here. The lightning in Frostbite Fifas seems to be not to fix. Even Modders using Frosty Editor and tweak many parameters related to the Lightning it still looks not realistic no matter if it day, overcast or night. Reminds me on many other games where the devs for unknown reason putting strange color filter or just greenish or redish Presets on their games. Many can be fixed with reshade but not all.

Regarding Ballphysics:
I've played arround with the dubuglines in paps gameplay mod to improve shooting and I did find the ballphysics with this debuglines customizations pretty cool.

If someone wants to try it, here you go: Link

Just paste it in your Fifa 16 Folder and regenerate

I installed FIFA 22, it's a playable game, but I soon lost interest in playing it. I don't feel "emotion" in scoring a goal like I feel playing FIFA 16, with FIFA 16 I have a feeling of simulating football.

In FIFA 22 there is also more difference between the teams, Manchester City plays differently than Fulham, for example. In addition to being a newer game and obviously having more features and animations.

but that's just it, it's not an attractive game for me, the rest of the game is "chaos", even adjusting the slider.

My dream would be a tool to add supporters chants, that's why FIFA 16 I so bad.

I tested the new Anth James ball physics and it's amazing, it makes a big difference in the gameplay, I'm excited to have him back.
for the chants read my last message mate: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/chants-script.6466440/#post-6683048

Reactions: rlc
Does any of you use Jenkey's fifa file explorer 2014? when i open it (i activated compatibility mode with win 7 to make it work) and i try to edit a wipe3d, i can see the blocks but those that contain pictures are black and when i click them the app crash. What can it depend on? last year it was enough for me to open it directly inside the rar to make it work but for a few months now if I try to open it in the rar as soon as I try to open a folder it crashes. The only way to make it work is to open it out of the rar but as I said there is the problem of black blocks that cause the app to crash when clicked.

Do you have any goal or what you want to work on?
I would love ball to be more floaty/lighter for gameplay and paases, but to keep ground shot heavier for example.

Do you have any goal or what you want to work on?
I would love ball to be more floaty/lighter for gameplay and paases, but to keep ground shot heavier for example.
There's unfortunately very few values we can tweak at the moment and they can't be broken up into shooting,passing etc.

My biggest issue with 16's ball is that it shoots out super fast from the foot and then it slows down too quickly. I think @Chris Davies said it best once, that the ball is 'too fast and too slow at the same time'. Adding some additional weight and reducing some friction has definitely helped create a smoother transition. The difficult part is that the curve seems to go very quickly with changes. I'm still playing with it so hopefully I can find a decent balance.

Back
Top Bottom