Football Manager 2022 [PC/XBS]

I have never tried the GamePass version of Football Manager, but I have checked other folders and it states that you can change the installation files.

So this year, it looks like you can modify all the installation files to allow the Real Name fixes to be applied to the GamePass version.

EDIT:-
I just installed the GamePass version and selected the install mods part.
It allowed me access to the database files, so the GamePass version this year is fully compatible will all mods and most importantly the real names licenses.

Last edited:
Maybe they were listening to feedback, as not being to delete the fake files and make the game have the proper names and licences is a massive issue for me.
That is why I bought the Steam version this year, but since they have added this feature, then from now on I will just play the GamePass edition.

Maybe they were listening to feedback, as not being to delete the fake files and make the game have the proper names and licences is a massive issue for me.
That is why I bought the Steam version this year, but since they have added this feature, then from now on I will just play the GamePass edition.

How are you finding this year's game? Let me know the best place to find the mods. An improvement over 21? I never finished my season last year but it was enjoyable

How are you finding this year's game? Let me know the best place to find the mods. An improvement over 21? I never finished my season last year but it was enjoyable

I haven't really played it this year TBH, played it for about 30/40 mins and had a little play.
When the game is fully released tomorrow, will have a much better game of it.

I will repost the onedrive link tomorrow which will include all the latest graphics mods.

Reactions: cb7
Anyone know if the Xbox edition (on PC )will allow Mods. Just want the simpler version but with mods.

Edit: it does not

Last edited:
FM Launch Update:-

Licences Fix - v1.2 - This is the most important file for FM, it adds all the un-licensed teams to the game and also adds the Germany national team.
Kits - Updated to 11/11/21
Faces - Updated to 2022.02

To download the files you need to visit the OneDrive share located:-
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCge5l2hsUr_Uk2ApEIg?e=dfJZVB
Password - evoweb

I have also updated the first post with the OneDrive link, so that it is always in the best place.

FM Launch Update:-

Licences Fix - v1.2 - This is the most important file for FM, it adds all the un-licensed teams to the game and also adds the Germany national team.
Kits - Updated to 11/11/21
Faces - Updated to 2022.02

To download the files you need to visit the OneDrive share located:-
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCge5l2hsUr_Uk2ApEIg?e=dfJZVB
Password - evoweb

I have also updated the first post with the OneDrive link, so that it is always in the best place.
Good evening @bsmaff , thank you so much for your work!

I just have one problem, how can I use your work in my Xbox game pass PC game version?
Had downloaded these files and will be expirienced to unpack these. But my knowledge ends here, I'm completly new to use mods for FM.

So I hope you or someone else can help me. :)

Graphics are the same principle.
For the licenses mod, you have to select allow MODs during or after installation and it will give you access to the folders required.

Good evening @bsmaff , thank you so much for your work!

I just have one problem, how can I use your work in my Xbox game pass PC game version?
Had downloaded these files and will be expirienced to unpack these. But my knowledge ends here, I'm completly new to use mods for FM.

So I hope you or someone else can help me. :)
For the licenses mod, you have to select allow MODs during or after installation and it will give you access to the folders required.
I couldn't figure out how to enable mods (which lets you access the install folder to install mods).

Turns out you need to use the Xbox app (downloadable from the Windows Store), navigate to Football Manager 2022 and click the three dots there, NOT just searching for Football Manager 2022 on the Windows Store app (which comes up with the game, but doesn't give you the mod options).

The whole Xbox experience on PC is pretty shite

I search for games and download the games in the Xbox App, but you have to download the updates for games in the Microsoft Store by going and getting the App updates.
It really is the worse way to look after games.

But the worse game by far is Flight Sim, you have to download the game then run the game for it to download additional content, and the download servers for it are so slow it takes pretty much a whole night.

I'm really struggling to get decent performance out of the match engine - and it's really weird trying to diagnose it.

FM 2021 ran flawlessly, smooth as butter. FM 2022 has this weird "hitch" every two seconds. Not a total freeze, but a big drop from 50-60fps, for just for a split second. But over and over and over again.

I turned the graphics quality down (the auto-recommendation is "high" so I changed it to "medium"), and capped the framerate to 30fps. This made it 100x worse... Suddenly it was running at about 15fps all the time.

I was wondering if it was a CPU issue, but if I switch to the 2D match engine, there are no hitches.

I really don't want to upgrade the PC when literally all I use it for is Football Manager, Crusader Kings and PES5...

(For reference: AMD FX 8350 processor, RX 580 graphics card, latest drivers)

I'm really struggling to get decent performance out of the match engine - and it's really weird trying to diagnose it.

FM 2021 ran flawlessly, smooth as butter. FM 2022 has this weird "hitch" every two seconds. Not a total freeze, but a big drop from 50-60fps, for just for a split second. But over and over and over again.

I turned the graphics quality down (the auto-recommendation is "high" so I changed it to "medium"), and capped the framerate to 30fps. This made it 100x worse... Suddenly it was running at about 15fps all the time.

I was wondering if it was a CPU issue, but if I switch to the 2D match engine, there are no hitches.

I really don't want to upgrade the PC when literally all I use it for is Football Manager, Crusader Kings and PES5...

(For reference: AMD FX 8350 processor, RX 580 graphics card, latest drivers)

I wouldn't expect your alone with match engine issues.
They stated it has been completely re-worked this year with lots of new animations.
SI are really good at fixing FM and produce updates pretty regularly on release.. I know it sucks now, but if others are experiencing issues then it will be fixed quickly.
Unlike FIFA they don't have to prioritise fixing Pogba's new haircut over gameplay enhancements.

just bought the game i had it with game pass but couldnt erase the inc folder due to permissions... bought the game on steam for 35€ and just got some mods running :D

I couldn't figure out how to enable mods (which lets you access the install folder to install mods).

Turns out you need to use the Xbox app (downloadable from the Windows Store), navigate to Football Manager 2022 and click the three dots there, NOT just searching for Football Manager 2022 on the Windows Store app (which comes up with the game, but doesn't give you the mod options).
Thank you guys, will try.

Didn't unpack the files yesterday and didn't know that there is an readme file. 🙃

Been a fan of the series since the CM days (shot to the near post!) ... hadn't played since FM 2020 and I must say this may very well be the best version as far as memory serves. I appreciate the response from everything one does whether it may be tactical changes, backroom staff to in-game management & tweaks. Basically every thing seems responsive which makes it incredibly addictive (as if the series wasn't enough).

My my, I'm addicted to my NUFC rebuild campaign. The club was (IS) in quite a state.

Also, cheers @bsmaff for keeping the thread ticking over nicely.

Finished my first season on FM 22

FM1.png

Premier League - Won
Champions League - Won
FA Cup - Semi Final
Carling Cup - Quarter Final

December Update:-

Like sex with a beautiful women the update for December has cum premature..

KITS - Updated to 29/11 - There are mainly some new 3D Kits with this update, but still nothing major to make it worth another download.
FACES - Updated to version 2022.03
Data Update - Data update available for both FM21/FM22 - Including Paul Tisdale to Stevenage (OH LORD PAUL TISDALE)

There has been no Logo patch update this month, so will update these once they become available.

Back
Top Bottom