Football Manager Series

This is the most enjoyable FM when it comes to match engine. Just 1 bug with how the defenders deals with long balls which FM is going to fix on the December update and another potential bug with AI Manager not utilizing young players which is also a known issue. There is something about this game where every matches feels random, unique and exciting.

This is the most enjoyable FM when it comes to match engine. Just 1 bug with how the defenders deals with long balls which FM is going to fix on the December update and another potential bug with AI Manager not utilizing young players which is also a known issue. There is something about this game where every matches feels random, unique and exciting.

Have played one match on the demo and yeah, I agree. It looks much more like a football game, much more random. And when I changed the position of firmino and carvalho ie bring carvalho back to CM and firmino back to an AM, so I had no striker, suddenly i had much more depth to my attack and wasnt just running up against the opposition's back line.

The engine is massively more involving. I hope there's big tactical developments coming down the line. It could make this game truly groundbreaking in a year or two...

I've thought about giving Football Manager a try for the first time, never played it before. Is 23 a good edition to start, or what installment would you guys recommend in order to get acquainted with the game's mechanics? Thanks in advance!

I've thought about giving Football Manager a try for the first time, never played it before. Is 23 a good edition to start, or what installment would you guys recommend in order to get acquainted with the game's mechanics? Thanks in advance!

The best way to give it a go is sign up to a 1 month trial of PC Game Pass - It should be £1 for the 1st month and will give you a good month demo of the game.
Then if you like it, you can either buy it or continue with the subscription to Game Pass.

I'll be serious. The best version to start is Championship Manager. If back then my first version of this game was a fully featured and complex game like FM23, my family and friends would have found me dead in front of the screen after 2 weeks.
I'm serious.

Just download the demo. You get 6 months in-game play.

It's the best because it's the first time the game engine has felt truly varied and dynamic.

Just had my best performance so far in FM 23 in Carabao Cup Final. Does anyone feel like the game is a bit easier?bestperformance.png

As said, I'd start off with an older game if possible.

My fave game in this genre was CM01/02. I'd literally have 4 day benders on it, not being able to sleep because I was so engrossed, living on a diet of pringles and coke, phoning in sick to my part-time job and skyving college.

I tried to get back into FM a few years back but it's a bit in depth for me now. I just don't have the time with a busy work/family life.

The last time I properly played it, was probably FM05 or 06. I was on a forum, the dugout, and me and another member did a network game. I was Fulham, signed Marlon Harewood and nearly won the League. The other lad couldn't believe it and we'd stay up all night chatting on MSN while playing FM. Good old days those, before life got serious.

never played it before. Is 23 a good edition to start, or what installment would you guys recommend in order to get acquainted with the game's mechanics? Thanks in advance!
FM 2015/2016/2017/2018

If you want what is suitable with recent changes: FM 2019.
Cuz since 2019 the game has a new training and tactical systems

Have you tried it out yet?

I haven't had time to play, but I'm a little concerned to read that the number of passes has gone up again...

This post on the SI Forums seems to confirm it immediately after the update launched, and later posts mention it too.

I did notice passes went up especially defensive/sideway passes. But passing accuracy remains unchanged prior to the update. If you don't press the defense and they are not a good team, they are likely to pass around the defense. I did multiple tests with different teams and matched the data with real life figures. It's very close to real life apart from a bit too high passes count. About 2% more in average. I think it's because the ME ball physics for passing is faster than real life.

The biggest problem in FM 23 which was also in FM 22 is that the game gets easier over time which makes long-term saves pretty useless. The newgen and youth barely get match time by the AI due to their lower reputation that they don't end up growing at all. So in 2030, most teams average age will increase by 5 and they will have mid 30 players playing most of the matches. There are more discussion over this issue here: https://community.sigames.com/forum...s-in-future-and-not-enough-youth-development/

The biggest problem in FM 23 which was also in FM 22 is that the game gets easier over time which makes long-term saves pretty useless. The newgen and youth barely get match time by the AI due to their lower reputation that they don't end up growing at all. So in 2030, most teams average age will increase by 5 and they will have mid 30 players playing most of the matches. There are more discussion over this issue here: https://community.sigames.com/forum...s-in-future-and-not-enough-youth-development/

This isn't just an issue with FM22, it has been an issue with FM forever.

I have mentioned it several times in FM posts over the years that the CPU would rather sign a 36 yo Neymar rather than signing an up and coming teenager.

It has always been the case and also one of the reasons why I don't think, I have ever taken a save game pass about 8-10 years as it starts becoming too easy.

Every season I hope they fix the issue, but they never have and it is something that is clearly coded into the game that the CPU is to only sign players based on current ability and reputation, rather than buying anyone based on potential - Not every club is Man City or PSG.

This isn't just an issue with FM22, it has been an issue with FM forever.

I have mentioned it several times in FM posts over the years that the CPU would rather sign a 36 yo Neymar rather than signing an up and coming teenager.

It has always been the case and also one of the reasons why I don't think, I have ever taken a save game pass about 8-10 years as it starts becoming too easy.

Every season I hope they fix the issue, but they never have and it is something that is clearly coded into the game that the CPU is to only sign players based on current ability and reputation, rather than buying anyone based on potential - Not every club is Man City or PSG.

Do you happen to know if there is any FM that gets it right? I have skipped a lot of Football Managers and have never played any in long term saves until recently and noticed this.

Do you happen to know if there is any FM that gets it right? I have skipped a lot of Football Managers and have never played any in long term saves until recently and noticed this.

I have never really played past 10 years on FM due to this issue.
Every FM has this bug, where after about 7/8 seasons you will have a squad with an average age of 23 and the top CPU teams will have squads where they will only have 2/3 players under 30.

It does become frustrating especially when you start as lower league teams like I mostly do, it would make it so much better if someone with high potentially is snapped up when they are 18/19 but they aren't and the CPU teams won't even play them - As team selection is clearly done by the CPU based on reputation or current ability, and they don't even bench these players and give them game time.

Football Manager Graphics Update December 22 + Licensing Fix v2.0

Kits - These have not been update this month, as there isn't many new kits available.
Metallic Logos - Updated to 2023.03
Faces - Updated to 2023.03

Background Logos - These have been split this year into individual files rather than one massive download.
Fan Picture Backgrounds - Updated to 2023.02
Nation Competition Backgrounds - Updated to 2023.02
People Backgrounds - Updated to 2023.02
Stadium Backgrounds - Updated to 2023.02
Team City Backgrounds - Updated to 2023.02

To download the files please use the below details:-
Link:-
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCge5lJo7usi0CNJPJVA

Password:-
evoweb

I have never really played past 10 years on FM due to this issue.
Every FM has this bug, where after about 7/8 seasons you will have a squad with an average age of 23 and the top CPU teams will have squads where they will only have 2/3 players under 30.

It does become frustrating especially when you start as lower league teams like I mostly do, it would make it so much better if someone with high potentially is snapped up when they are 18/19 but they aren't and the CPU teams won't even play them - As team selection is clearly done by the CPU based on reputation or current ability, and they don't even bench these players and give them game time.

It's a shame that it has been broken since the start of FM. I guess they don't want you to play long term saves.

Back
Top Bottom