Football Manager Series

Awaiting to see more official news about the game to be announced.
But the one piece of leaked information is Scout reports now just don't compare the scouted player to players of the same position, but will now give a report on how good he would fit into your current tactics - which is a massive bonus.

Like previously stated SI don't necessarily change a lot but they make little tweaks to the system that just make the game better and better every year.
They listen to the actual community on their forums and seem to not be influenced by certain streamers, although I think the people who play FM are older and wiser than FIFA players.

Indirect Set-pieces (including corners) haven't changed since 10 years at least.

The game doesn't give them the importance they deserve as a collective combination of movement

Indirect Set-pieces (including corners) haven't changed since 10 years at least.

The game doesn't give them the importance they deserve as a collective combination of movement

Sorry what..
Corners and free kicks have a massive impact on the game and they vary quite dramatically from one release to the next.
I have never found a corner strategy that works one year and then still works the following year.

If you have a good corner routine you can score a couple of goals a game from corners.

Sorry what..
Corners and free kicks have a massive impact on the game and they vary quite dramatically from one release to the next.
I have never found a corner strategy that works one year and then still works the following year.

If you have a good corner routine you can score a couple of goals a game from corners.
It's been almost 10 years since the set pieces and corners are the same, with restrictive instructions.
Compared to the open-play instructions, combinations and movement are very limited

It's been the same for Training until 2019, and I think you will feel the difference when they will introduction a new set pieces system

Random thought: this should be the first FM with the World Cup hard-coded, right? The teams have qualified and the schedule's been made

Random thought: this should be the first FM with the World Cup hard-coded, right? The teams have qualified and the schedule's been made
Yes. I hope they won't miss the opportunity to give the option for both real fixtures/groups or random ones. An option for real WC squads is more complex but they can do it by letting us start the season before the WC as domestic managers or at the beginning of it as national team managers.

It will most likely be a config file which you can delete if you don’t want the proper World Cup groups.
SI think of everything, so it won’t be hard coded just a file.

It will most likely be a config file which you can delete if you don’t want the proper World Cup groups.
SI think of everything, so it won’t be hard coded just a file.
They should give though at least the option to start as a national manager with real squads and real fixtures at that time?

They should give though at least the option to start as a national manager with real squads and real fixtures at that time?

They won't do that as the game would need to be accelerated to that point in time.
SI have never done a WC update where the real squads are picked.

Some modders might do it with a save game to have the WC with the squads of the WC but that is also unlikely, as most people prefer picking their own WC squads to pick players around their tactics.

I really hope they fix the ridiculous passing completion from lower/weaker teams in FM 23. That's the reason I am sticking with FM 21 for now.

league_two_pcp.png.1bdcf410d02550ffd35d919d260c6c88.png

actual_league_two_pcp.png.0572702196f6239d27075d6ef0c3a9e3.png

Attachments

• actual_league_two_pcp.png.0572702196f6239d27075d6ef0c3a9e3.png
    actual_league_two_pcp.png.0572702196f6239d27075d6ef0c3a9e3.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 9
I really hope they fix the ridiculous passing completion from lower/weaker teams in FM 23. That's the reason I am sticking with FM 21 for now.
I've always thought my long-ball tactics weren't working because of my players' ability (even though it should technically be more viable than trying to play tiki-taka).

I went and Googled this, and it turns out there's a thread on the SI forums about this (where you've taken your screenshots from) and they've sort-of said it'll be better in 2023. It's a good thread, actually:

SI Forums - Unrealistic Pass Completion Rate in Lower Leagues

My experience is exactly what this guy demonstrates, but I've assumed it was user error:

direct_vs_short.png.c147fa944f0c3ab17ad87006dc428cfb.png

Now I've read this (and the comments in the post above), I don't think I can play 22 again, knowing of this issue... So thanks for that, now I've got no football games to play. :LOL:

Great community feedback and responses, though. The devs actually acknowledge that the problem is a problem, they're honest and (incredibly) open about the fixes being too deep to happen in a patch, and they want the same end goal (i.e. realism) so it's a genuinely high priority. You love to see it.

I've always thought my long-ball tactics weren't working because of my players' ability (even though it should technically be more viable than trying to play tiki-taka).

I went and Googled this, and it turns out there's a thread on the SI forums about this (where you've taken your screenshots from) and they've sort-of said it'll be better in 2023. It's a good thread, actually:

SI Forums - Unrealistic Pass Completion Rate in Lower Leagues

My experience is exactly what this guy demonstrates, but I've assumed it was user error:

direct_vs_short.png.c147fa944f0c3ab17ad87006dc428cfb.png

Now I've read this (and the comments in the post above), I don't think I can play 22 again, knowing of this issue... So thanks for that, now I've got no football games to play. :LOL:

Great community feedback and responses, though. The devs actually acknowledge that the problem is a problem, they're honest and (incredibly) open about the fixes being too deep to happen in a patch, and they want the same end goal (i.e. realism) so it's a genuinely high priority. You love to see it.

I have first found out when playing against Burnley and them having 91% passing completion against Chelsea. I feel like the match engine ends up picking safe passes instead of risky passes based on the attributes rather than playing mis-placed passes. But if you do end up turning all their passing stat to 0 and then simulate, the lowest it will get is 80% pass completion so pass attribute is a bit useless in FM 22. I hope FM 23 improves the individual player just as much as the team tactics too.

Whilst most people are disappointed about the lack of new features, I am glad they will stop adding gimmick features and atleast improve on the existing ones. I am excited about the better AI tactics per manager feature. Hopefully that will finally keep the pass completion and possession to a realistic stat.
Yeah I have to admit, I don't really see what the negativity is about (there's a fair bit on Twitter). The majority of it seems to be asking for more realistic graphics... I don't really care about that.

The AI manager styles sound brilliant. My only concern was that the improvements to the match engine were a little light on detail. I was hoping to hear that more tactical styles can deliver success (rather than a handful of core tactics being "the way to win"), allowing long ball tactics to succeed in certain ties this time around... But I have hope.

I was quite impressed with what they had to say about the new features of the game.
It sounds like the match engine is going to get a massive overhaul this year, and the AI is looking to be improved as this has always been a problem in FM.
You could put 10 different managers in charge of Man Utd and they would finish in the same spot with every manager and the different stats for them didn't seem to make much difference.

I really like the new recruitment features and they are improving on what is already there.

Don't care about the supporter confidence thing, as this will most likely just a gimmick.
+ Care even less about the UEFA licencing, as someone who mods they game with all the graphics and real names anyway - This is kind of pointless for PC gamers, but more likely they had to get the licenses for the console people.

TBH this is what I love about SI - Enhance a game which already near perfect with small little improvements year on year to make you buy it.

FM has already enough depth for me to enjoy it for countless hours. I do wish they improved the set piece features and not having to redo set piece anytime a player is injured. But the recruitment center will be a time saver. All in all, i didn't enjoy the AI last year which was the reason I didn't buy the game. From the sounds of it, I think I will buy the game this year(as long as we get realistic pass completion and possession. Don't blame me, I am a stat nerd).

Sorry about the misinformation earlier. Apparently I didn't have full match simulation mode enabled. This year's match engine is brilliant. More scrappy plays from lower rated teams and more differences between teams and players. It's wonderful. For you @Chris Davies

Capture.PNG

Sorry about the misinformation earlier. Apparently I didn't have full match simulation mode enabled. This year's match engine is brilliant. More scrappy plays from lower rated teams and more differences between teams and players. It's wonderful. For you @Chris Davies

View attachment 183554
Well, that cushions the FIFA 23 blow nicely...

How do I ensure "full simulation mode" is enabled? Is that when you select your leagues at the start of the game?

What does the pass accuracy look like in the lower leagues?

Well, that cushions the FIFA 23 blow nicely...

How do I ensure "full simulation mode" is enabled? Is that when you select your leagues at the start of the game?

What does the pass accuracy look like in the lower leagues?

To enable Full Simulation Mode, you can go to "FM" on Top Right and then "Detail Level" and then ensure that the "Match Detail" is set for the League you want to enable Full Simulation on.

I tested League 2 and Pass Completion averaged between 60-74%

To enable Full Simulation Mode, you can go to "FM" on Top Right and then "Detail Level" and then ensure that the "Match Detail" is set for the League you want to enable Full Simulation on.

I tested League 2 and Pass Completion averaged between 60-74%

Just to add on that, it was very scrappy and fun to watch.

Not had much of a go on it yet except a couple of games.
There are massive improvements in the match engine this year.

The game when watching the highlights flows so much better and everything seems more weighted and calculated.
Heading is massively improved with players now doing different variants and not everything looking the same.

Tactically though, it seems after a couple of wins with Man Utd against Liverpool and Wolves, they are plug and play from last year - Although this might just be at a higher level and the tactic will suck for smaller clubs.

Will test the game over the next few days and hopefully have a much better understanding of the match engine and then will try out some of the new features.

Not had much of a go on it yet except a couple of games.
There are massive improvements in the match engine this year.

The game when watching the highlights flows so much better and everything seems more weighted and calculated.
Heading is massively improved with players now doing different variants and not everything looking the same.

Tactically though, it seems after a couple of wins with Man Utd against Liverpool and Wolves, they are plug and play from last year - Although this might just be at a higher level and the tactic will suck for smaller clubs.

Will test the game over the next few days and hopefully have a much better understanding of the match engine and then will try out some of the new features.
Did you notice shooting? There are lots of diversity there as well. I see some beautiful animation in shooting.

Back
Top Bottom