GHOST OF TSUSHIMA

I can also stab myself in the eye with a rusty scaffolding pole, guess which of the two I'd prefer ;)

Do we both the latter one? :LMAO:
Not to completely take the joy away from you but the complete game is like 40-50 hours long if you do all the sidequests as well.

Yeah I haven't even completed Act I yet. Just wondering the island completing quests (which are actually pretty engaging cause they are spread over multiple parts and have a narrative, rather than just being a standalone 'go here and do this' type of ones). Also doing some of the mythical tales which are good. Think I'm actually gonna clear the map before progressing with the story which is something I've never done before.

Also the combat on Hard is pretty challenging, especially the boss fights for the mythical tales. Had to go and upgrade armour, skills etc to even stand a chance. Done 'The Curse of Uchitsune' last night. The soundtrack during the fight is epic.

Yeah I haven't even completed Act I yet. Just wondering the island completing quests (which are actually pretty engaging cause they are spread over multiple parts and have a narrative, rather than just being a standalone 'go here and do this' type of ones). Also doing some of the mythical tales which are good. Think I'm actually gonna clear the map before progressing with the story which is something I've never done before.

Also the combat on Hard is pretty challenging, especially the boss fights for the mythical tales. Had to go and upgrade armour, skills etc to even stand a chance. Done 'The Curse of Uchitsune' last night. The soundtrack during the fight is epic.

The movie Last Samurai will be on repeat while playing this i guess :D

Even the OST is very close to the movie.

Edit: damn
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ghost-of-tsushima-breaks-playstation-sales-record-in-japan/

Last edited:
I'm on the same boat as the dudes that haven't even completed Act 1 yet. Buffing up the main character and doing the side characters missions (that lady Masako and the bow and arrow sensei) seem much more interesting than the main story.

Still mad about the whole "not-subtitled Japanese npc dialogue", but the combat is so cool (especially the boss fights over colored foliage... they're downright amazing to play), that I feel like a 7.0 score was harsh. It can easily be an 8 or 8.5... What happens is that the game has a slow start, and you need some (and the correct ones) half-a-dozen perks/upgrades to really enjoy it :))

Really enjoying this, as said I've not completed act 1, still to get the brother, but keep doing these extra missions, hehe.

FD

First few hours, maybe 20 or so are awesome but now I've moved into the second "part" I'm finding it really "samey" and less inspiring to pick it up and play any more despite not having finished the story, shame really it's an amazing looking game
:(

Funnily enough after clearing the map and completing Act I, I haven't played it for a week or so.

First few hours, maybe 20 or so are awesome but now I've moved into the second "part" I'm finding it really "samey" and less inspiring to pick it up and play any more despite not having finished the story, shame really it's an amazing looking game

I did find it a bit samey, however still really enjoyed it.

The story was excellent.

Finally got this for Christmas, knocking poor HZD and GoW into the back of the line. Hopefully it won't end up in the shame pile as they did.
Looks great, that title card is awesome, and although I have barely started, I find it quite challenging. Pretty brutal to watch Jin get executed every time I mess up.
Playing with Japanese on and subs, the atmosphere is perfect. One thing though, I don't really know when a mission or storyline as it is called I think is too hard for me. I started a new one last night and the guy said something about me maybe not being ready, but then didn't give me any chance to back out of it.

Well due to lockdown 2.0, bought myself a copy of Ghost of Shinobi..

So will get to give it a go once it arrives and see if it is that good, as going be furloughed part time for the next two months.

When I mess up a duel often enough for the game to offer me the easy mode:
giphy.gif

I think it's pretty smart when a game offers the option, but to this day I have never accepted it. I stick with the difficulty I start on.

Well, that's not entirely true. I moved Wolfenstein: The New Colossus down to the difficulty above the easiest because that game is a F*CKER

Anyway, have been playing this on and off, been around the second part for a while now, still a massive chunk of the second island that I haven't even been to. Getting the family armor gives you up to 5 instant standoff kills, so that is pretty much my go to. I have never been bothered with switching too much between armor types, the Ronin one is very cool looking though, also I have Tadayori's armor almost fully upgraded and it looks pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Have dipped into this here and there, now about to attack the second castle, and presumably open up the third part of the island. In some ways the game feels long enough already, but I'll see what they do in part 3 to spice things up. I might mainline it a bit more than the first 2.

Although now that lambing season is just about to start, I might have to take about a month off gaming altogether. GoT is not the best game to pause, I barely remember the most basic fighting combos as it is.

Last edited:
Have dipped into this here and there, now about to attack the second castle, and presumably open up the third part of the island. In some ways the game feels long enough already, but I'll see what they do in part 3 to spice things up. I might mainline it a bit more than the first 2.

Although now that lambing season is just about to start, I might have to take about a month off gaming altogether. GoT is not the best game to pause, I barely remember the most basic fighting combos as it is.
If you dive deep into the story and feel empathy, story is mindblowing, especially in the end. I waited to play on ps5 to unlock 60fps and visuals and experience was amazing. One of the best open world games, even more if you admire japanese culture.

Directors Cut coming out tomorrow (or at midnight) for PS4 and PS5. Also believe this is the first release of the PS5 version? Things get a bit confusing now that there are PS5 enhanced PS4 versions of games.

The PS4 load times are already insane (for PS4) so I believe it. I am thinking about saving this update until I get a PS5. Hopefully before Chrimbo, although I am bloody skint this year.

Finally got around to it.
A lot has been said about this game, about its stunning graphics, great fighting mechanics, story...

But very few people talk about the part of the game that struck me the most - spirituality. This game is very, very deep and spiritual and if you are sensitive and receptive to this sort of thing - it can really take over the narrative.
I am totally immersed into the main character and his story. Flashbacks from the past, his doubts, struggles, shrines, prayers, worships.
Its not just a third person action adventure game. Its a journey.

Red Dead Redemption 2 was a slow burner and a very deep story about a guy who changed over time, affected by everything that was happening around him. But it wasnt spiritual. Arthur was very grounded.

Here you can almost feel the magic of old Japan. Main character also changes, but its not only about his actions. He is deeply concerned about his soul and is trying to save himself as much as he is trying to save others.
Arthur, by saving all the people, became a better person - Jin fears that, by saving others, he will become worse.
His journey is much tougher and therefore more impactful than Arthurs.

I realise that a lot of people will not think much about it and just go through the game having great craic slaughtering mongols. But if you are into samurai culture and immerse yourself in the story - this game can be much, much deeper than it seems on the surface.

Finally got around to it.
A lot has been said about this game, about its stunning graphics, great fighting mechanics, story...

But very few people talk about the part of the game that struck me the most - spirituality. This game is very, very deep and spiritual and if you are sensitive and receptive to this sort of thing - it can really take over the narrative.
I am totally immersed into the main character and his story. Flashbacks from the past, his doubts, struggles, shrines, prayers, worships.
Its not just a third person action adventure game. Its a journey.

Red Dead Redemption 2 was a slow burner and a very deep story about a guy who changed over time, affected by everything that was happening around him. But it wasnt spiritual. Arthur was very grounded.

Here you can almost feel the magic of old Japan. Main character also changes, but its not only about his actions. He is deeply concerned about his soul and is trying to save himself as much as he is trying to save others.
Arthur, by saving all the people, became a better person - Jin fears that, by saving others, he will become worse.
His journey is much tougher and therefore more impactful than Arthurs.

I realise that a lot of people will not think much about it and just go through the game having great craic slaughtering mongols. But if you are into samurai culture and immerse yourself in the story - this game can be much, much deeper than it seems on the surface.

Nice.. that kinda motivates me to continue the game:DD It's been walk, run, hide, hack and slash game for me.. :CONF:

Nice.. that kinda motivates me to continue the game:DD It's been walk, run, hide, hack and slash game for me.. :CONF:
Now.. bare in mind that Im not that far myself.. around 10-15hrs in. So if said "magic" did not strike you from the get go - there is a chance it wont. :LOL:

I have been immersed from the start.
The gentle music, leaves, his flashbacks from the past - it almost forces me to take the game slow. I do a lot of exploration, listening to people and admiring the world around me.
Even simple bow down command is brilliant and I use it quite often.
So there is an element of roleplay in my playthrough. I realise that there's a lot of people who wont experience the game this way, but if someone is into that - developers did a great job in helping to achieve that.
Its the first game in a very long time where I didnt have to go to settings and turn half of the HUD off in order to add immersion.
Just wish I could zoom the camera out a bit to see more of the world around me.

Not sure if there are still people among you who never came back to it afrer first island. But if there are - do come back.
Story really picks up in the second half. It gets very dramatic at times and there are some really epic moments.
Duels also take a step up and some of them are simply gorgeous.
Id say I have about 10-15hrs left and all the quests now are slowly coming together towards an epic conclusion.
Great game.

Not sure if there are still people among you who never came back to it afrer first island. But if there are - do come back.
Story really picks up in the second half. It gets very dramatic at times and there are some really epic moments.
Duels also take a step up and some of them are simply gorgeous.
Id say I have about 10-15hrs left and all the quests now are slowly coming together towards an epic conclusion.
Great game.

Ugh of all the games from PS4/PS5 that I wanted to come to PC this was supposed to be out by now according to the NVIDIA leaks. I wasn't too interested in God of War or Spiderman or TLoU or Death Stranding, so of course this one is taking its time to port to PC.. Hopefully it eventually comes.
By the looks of it its not the typical bloated filler open world game (looking at you AC). Hope its lengthy but not 200hr lengthy but good to know you are enjoying it and giving it positive views

Back
Top Bottom