GOALS - oh good, another eSports soccer game

Im not even sure why are we discussing realism and football logic in this thread.
There's no hope for this game looking at people behind it and their mindset.
Besides - it looks like a school project, where they will get bored, or quit after encountering first hiccups.
There's much more hope with the other game, which is in development over 5 years now. Here - they started shouting how genius their game will be without having a fucking sketch drawn..

He's a twitch streamer that wants some notoriety, publicity, and because now he is banned by EA, upset or whatever, he is searching other methods to make some profit. His behavior alone shows some sparks of a 20 years old Peter Molineaux but sitting on a gaming chair... and his viewers, you know what type of audience has, so the game (if will ever be released) will be something similar...

UFL looks way more promising.

True, it's better organized for its development. But it's weird because in the last 5 years they didn't even talked about it publicly until now.

In top of that if something comes free from the start, it's because they'll make you pay with interest later...

UFL looks way more promising.

We didn't have any looks for both of them.
But about what we knows about the 2, no comparison. 5 years production vs ??? One, 6 months?
Partnerships, Q/A from devs and Fifpro licences confirmed, aswell as Nike shoes + a teaser showing it's "not a joke", the pro-stats company worked with them i don't remember the name, well.
BTW i still believe than the first year will be hard for UFL, and a lots of stuffs won't please people, or won't be good simply or balanced.
Potential is something, reality and what you do with that potential another.

Well Goals will got to have Fifpro, impossible otherwhise to make a game... But since when.

And more than ever, no FIFA esports players behind them to talk about a full manual control of defence, let's say 7-8 players in certain case (and don't try that Goalzz teammates will help you.)

Well i see in one side something with potential and experience, something really professionnal, but not on the other side + some stuffs i already hate before the game is out like i've said with defence stuff, way too radical.

If for example, he said "in counterpart, it will be the same for dribbling. If you push the ball and don't block it, it will be like Kick-off or Sensible : the ball will goes away, and will be completely free and independant. Then, even if i don't think they would realise that kind of gameplay (wayyyy too hard in 3D games) i would have at least be a bit more interested. But to me, i don't even count that future game in the equation, i don't even think about it.

And Kurt could be right on some of his vids, but wrong about many stuff.

Three "alternative" football games announced, all three appear to be utter shite and at least two of them will be vapourware.
UFL and Goals, but the other? I think it's the less credible from the 3.

Just remember what "presentation" looked like : one guy who wake up a morning and decided to do the same as them, without even knowing where to start probably, i just remember (but not the game's name).

I'd love to walk around with merch based on a game that hasn't even revealed a single screenshot yet, who wouldn't?
when reading your comment, i was thinking of wearing the others games merch... wich could be life changing!
so in real life, wearing one hoodie would make my skate all over the place... on my way to work, when shopping, going to bed... my body would skip movements when walking, jumping or alike...
the other brands t-shirt would make a robot, doing those few things i can repeatedly. it would even make my hectic and running backwards blindly when a ball is played over my head... or i would just not move forward at all... it all depends on where i am standing in that exact moment!
imagine that!
;)

Last edited:
Must have took them 5 minutes to knock up. Trying to cash in.
Merchendises are for to you be able to represent your beloved brand.....which only exists in name now? I dont see the point and its a pretty bad sign they have 0 clue about how things are working (neither have i) triple A or not. Makes you question if they are able to develop a game at all.

Well, the direction "no assistance in defense" makes me quit the game.
Every fun football game i played in my case, where probably the most assisted in defense, and the hardest to pass the midfield and score a goal whatever you play vs CPU or a friend.
It's a full Esport based game, inspired by Fifa. Don't want it, even offline.

That's that in the bin.
I've already said they're planning to do fast paced arcade game before 2-3 months as I'm an active member of their server. They've already stated that like 100 times. Also, the gameplay advisor of this game is a FUT Pro player. So, this game was already finished when they announced it...

I've already said they're planning to do fast paced arcade game before 2-3 months as I'm an active member of their server. They've already stated that like 100 times. Also, the gameplay advisor of this game is a FUT Pro player. So, this game was already finished when they announced it...

I appreciate that but you have to be somewhat invested in the game to have joined the Discord. For a more casual observer like me that's their first public admission, even if it was to be presumed.

Didn't followed about it but if they assume...
The only thing is their statement "the best way to make a football game" that i'm completely against what they believe.
Action-Football is the best direction to take like Iss Pro and PES PS2 was defined by the concepters (Remember vastly on an itw from Seabass that he said it wasn't a simulation really neither and Arcade game, and mentionned "Action-Football" term to define his game)
Fifa and PES are Action-Football, more or less Offensive oriented depending the version, or more or less realistic.

Arcade-Football, i think youth needs some games like we got in our youth, like Adidas Power Soccer, Fun-Arcade, Super Sidekicks (a bit more realistic for an Arcade game), like we talked in 8/16 bits games like Fever Pitch Soccer etc.
We gotted choice, that's the difference. Now youths don't have any other choice on console. But saying it's the the best way... No, never, not on the long term, see how many versions of Arcade football there was and how many of "realistic" one.
Question: how many version of those game there was? Not a lot, like one or two for Adidas P.S., and not sequel for the others.

We can say that Fifa on Megadrive for that time, got a realistic approach, whatever you choose "Arcade" or "Simulation". It feeled like the real thing at the time. Same when ISS came with every players and superstar got their real representation, Italy was the best example with Ravanelli and Baggio fakes names or not.

Discussions about the game in GOALS Discord server with the GOALS Official Team, FUT Pro Player cum Gameplay Advisor "Kurt" and rest of their contributors and members...

22 Pictures total :- Click me!

Discussions about the game in GOALS Discord server with the GOALS Official Team, FUT Pro Player cum Gameplay Advisor "Kurt" and rest of their contributors and members...

22 Pictures total :- Click me!
Dude i don't like to disappoint you, and it is your right to make dreams ofcourse, but this game and the other one, UFL are "developed" by e-sports PRO players, exclusicelly for e-sports Pro-Skill-Gap-Players, nothing to do with simulation, realism, PvE, vsCPU, etc...

It's all about 1vs1 skillgap e-Sports.

And they were pretty clear about this, from their first day anouncements. They never said anything about AI, or team ID. Only skillgap, 1vs1, scripting, fast paced gameplay ,etc..

I am really impressed, that people who like to play vsCPU modes, like ML, CM, FM are still expecting something from those games.

Dude i don't like to disappoint you, and it is your right to make dreams ofcourse, but this game and the other one, UFL are "developed" by e-sports PRO players, exclusicelly for e-sports Pro-Skill-Gap-Players, nothing to do with simulation, realism, PvE, vsCPU, etc...

It's all about 1vs1 skillgap e-Sports.

And they were pretty clear about this, from their first day anouncements. They never said anything about AI, or team ID. Only skillgap, 1vs1, scripting, fast paced gameplay ,etc..

I am really impressed, that people who like to play vsCPU modes, like ML, CM, FM are still expecting something from those games.
Yes, I get it. But they're saying they're gonna make the game even faster than FUT Online. I don't mean that the game should be slow anyway. I mean it should be somewhat okay between both (not too slow and not too fast). That's it..

The website design looks great for a future fast paced arcade game.
Perhaps it could be fun if we take it for what it is...
But like i said to Chris, take the description and UFL footage with Sombrero + Goal(s) à la Fifa 98, it fits totally with the direction Goals seems to take.
There's everything to be misunderstood.

Now that we got 3 very offensive oriented game and one Beta-ish footie game : no-one to purpose an alternative more "balanced-realistic"? I don't like terms such as simulation for a 10-12 minutes football game, but something a bit more hard not to take in hands, but to score.
Like old PES were you got to re-learn a bit every versions. Simply. It worked very well with our generation tired of arcade games, why not with youths from this one?

Back
Top Bottom