GOALS - oh good, another eSports soccer game

Judging by those animations, this is going to be closer to anime than real-life.

(Just like every other football game released in the last year...)

I don't want to be "thay guy" and I usually confuse Goalz with UFL, but IIRC this game is having a ProFut player as an advisor,(not bad per se) and they have stated that they want to create a faster FuT (EA FIFA) gameplay.

Just with less scripting, whatever those guys meam as script /handicap

is it so difficult to make a game completely moddable by users (textures, 3d structures etc), in UE5, with offline career? we want real football again!!!
no shit teams with pele and messi as attackers with maldini cannavaro and varane in difense...
the dream could be a completely moddable game with infinite teams divided for year, so you can play Milan 1990 vs Barca 2010 all with real players, edited by users so without official licenses... or remake an old season of a real chempionship... like 2000's serie A...

is it so difficult to make a game completely moddable by users (textures, 3d structures etc), in UE5, with offline career? we want real football again!!!
no shit teams with pele and messi as attackers with maldini cannavaro and varane in difense...
the dream could be a completely moddable game with infinite teams divided for year, so you can play Milan 1990 vs Barca 2010 all with real players, edited by users so without official licenses... or remake an old season of a real chempionship... like 2000's serie A...
Haven't you read the Twits by the devs of both new games? UFL and Goalz?

There was a recent one, about the new delay of release date, not sure if UFL or Goalz, i would bet Goalz, and the producer said, they must be 100% complete project, when they release cause with efootball and EAFC around , there won't be second chances.

So, summarizing this last sentence, with everything they've said day one, they want to publish a game that must be:

-Faster than FuT
-More responsive and less realistic than FuT!!!! lol
-Free to play, Game as a Service client platform
-Friendly to attract microtransactions
-Ready to compete with EA and KONAMI from day one
-Not on PC, no offline modes.
-No scripting/handicap, whatever those guys receive as "scripting"

From all the above, i assume it is easy to understand, that expecting modding-friendly environment and polished Offline modes, doesn't stand a lot of chances. At least by those two games.

We will got a chance when people will got the nostalgia regarding Before-FUT/Myclub/Dreamteam based games.
I don't want a sim game, but a logic one regarding physics, AI, balance.
If there's a sim with 15 minutes overall by game, i won't say no of course, but since i replay a lot of PS2 golden era and a bit sometimes more recent games : none of them are sim. There's a lot of action and it's fast, but there's a logic behind.

Bugs and all are something else that the producer didn't asked to have, i talk about gameplay choice. If you can make a pass to someone in a non advantaged position, the player should simply make a not pretty good pass. That was one thing which given us a football sensation as it's followed that sport logic and from an article i would repeat "the first time PES given us the feels to play real football". They should say ISS but PES is better known as a brand.

Now, when i was youth, i didn't liked that much football games to be honest. Except Arcade ones like Super Sidekicks as they were ironically more logic and less Arcade than plenty of games on console.

Well, i just want a game that make me feels football, but people don't seems to care anymore about "realism", or are perhaps a bit tired of football games (remember that at the time : there was choice and we didn't mocked any arcade footie game)

Then there was a battle for realism, now it's a battle for having the most plug'n'play football for everyone, without learning curve and makes profit not with the games quality but the lotto/betting part of sports games : we should admit than that sports has lost interest on youthness mind but bets and all that type of game, adrenaline is something by far stronger, natural and popular worldwide.

.... But in all objectivity, if company starts to create more and more football games, i believe one football fan devs will try at least will try to make something more and strictly based on football, and already feels that nostalgia about around 20-25 years of quality reflecting "realistic" football games, and solo modes.
We need a young-old producer to do that, or simply older like us but with more optimism and motivation lol.

Or someone here winning at Eurobillions or Lotto : the first thing i will do is contact a devs company and employ some people here + guys i know who have the same vision as here (even more purist lol).
Even if i don't have the same taste it doesn't matter : "not the same" but we all got some versions we liked in common. I would focus more on data and the system of stats and how they should work, and the global system of database, and creation. Of course not alone, but that's one thing i'm the best for.
That's my dream, i think everyone here got the same or a part of it (just working for something like tactics, CPU AI etc.)

Last edited:
For anyone still hoping or having expectations, for anything other than a Fortnite-Soccet crossover.

I guess they've got their inspiration from Nike commercials (even those are better):

Imagine the guy behind this travesty doing some damage control:

"...but in the end doesn't matter, kids will love those vibrant dumpty-doo characters to be opened in kinder eggs powered by surprise mechanics. It's Easter after all... "

-I'd say more simulation
-We don't have movement penalties, stamina etc. We are not building an hyper realistic game

Dude wtf, pick one lol. After the EA guy answering the simulation question with "don't worry we have e-sports so you can see how real football is", and this other delusion above, it seriously sounds like they literally don't understand what "simulative" means anymore.

-I'd say more simulation
-We don't have movement penalties, stamina etc. We are not building an hyper realistic game

Dude wtf, pick one lol. After the EA guy answering the simulation question with "don't worry we have e-sports so you can see how real football is", and this other delusion above, it seriously sounds like they literally don't understand what "simulative" means anymore.
Simulation means e sports and shiny cards now. Does anyone remember when the fifa video game made more money than the entirety of football in 2020 the only hope i have is that this game and UFL take the gamblers away from konami so they can focus on offline again

run fast game with Fortnite graphics

It's so funny how garbage the art style & gameplay of this "demo-like" looks, the UI and everything :SICK:... it's like a college project made from quick asset flips being developed by an amateurish group of teens during a hard prom night. Besides, those images from the bottom with the purple "legendary item" are a priority to be shown as "mechanics" from those early stages. Just mind boggling how the focus should be on some players with 91 OVR sprinting and shooting in the worst manner. People making this don't know a fuck about football or they don't care at all...

It's so funny how garbage the art style & gameplay of this "demo-like" looks, the UI and everything :SICK:... it's like a college project made from quick asset flips being developed by an amateurish group of teens during a hard prom night. Besides, those images from the bottom with the purple "legendary item" are a priority to be shown as "mechanics" from those early stages. Just mind boggling how the focus should be on some players with 91 OVR sprinting and shooting in the worst manner. People making this don't know a fuck about football or they don't care at all...
We’ll wait for the football game you will develop then 🤷‍♂️

So what ever happened to this game...
I think they're still in their non-specific, some time in the future, a Q3 or Q4 of 2023-2024 or something.

Also maybe they were confused on their direction, if there was one ever. The recently videos and pre-aplha announcements were about some mini game, 5x5 football, etc. Who knows 🤔 🧐...😁

Well, if players are only allowed to do what can actually be done in real life (that's what they said)... This definitely means no skating (players don't do that in real life), no insanely fast turns (players can't do it in real life) and no getting past three opponents in a row with improbable combos of skill moves stringed together in a way that would make an acrobat shy, that obviously get interrupted halfway (obviously against the laws of physics) just so the next move could begin when the button is pressed.

I don't know why but I hardly believe it.

I don't mind arcade soccer games. If hey advertise it as an arcade game, that's fair I guess.

I personally wouldn't buy these games though since I don't like the artstyle they're going for. My personal preference is something between arcade and simulation like the older FIFA and PES games. Same with the art style, I'd prefer a realistic look over something caricature-ish.

its pre alpha so here is my feedback from what I SAW :
- you can improve graphics to be realistic by any means and keep some of your creative things on menus
- it is not a problem to be fixed it is something to be added but i will talk as a problem it is the pace so it is not only the speed here there is dribbling movements and time player need to decide decision related to me so he need to react its the re then act so lot things here

as a start it is very good that it is simple and a well core based game so you will be more opened to things without fear ✌️

Is it 5 a-side, in that video there is no way 22 players are on the pitch, the gaps all over it are huge.

It looks a load of toss.

Back
Top Bottom