Gran Turismo 7 [PS5]

after all their update bullshit which push microtransactions to a limit were it is just not bearable anymore i sold my copy straight away. go fu polyphony.

I've barely scratched the surface so far. Every time I boot it up, I end up going back into Music Rally and trying to get all the golds (if I start something, I have to finish it). But I'm really loving it.

Really really really bad decision to make SINGLE-PLAYER game always online .. you dont need to be Albert Einstein to see problems with that --- and yet --- gamedevelopers still decide to go for it.

I've barely scratched the surface so far. Every time I boot it up, I end up going back into Music Rally and trying to get all the golds (if I start something, I have to finish it). But I'm really loving it.
problem is you are never gonna make a dent in the game if they keep their current payout structure. unless you are willing to spend real money for ingame credits.

problem is you are never gonna make a dent in the game if they keep their current payout structure. unless you are willing to spend real money for ingame credits.
I'm 100% not prepared to pay for any microtransactions (in any game). Does it impact online play? I'd like to get into that but I don't even know how you play online at this point... Too busy doing Music Rally and the license tests...

What was your best distance on the music rally in Hungarian Dance №5 ?
My is 8719m.

Last edited:
Genuine question: How's the offline racing and AI? Is it worth it now? I don't like online and microtransactions.

Genuine question: How's the offline racing and AI? Is it worth it now? I don't like online and microtransactions.
Did not play GT since 3 so for me its fun. But I think its pretty much the same AI as 20 yrs ago.
Yeah, it's exactly as Gabe says.

I really love GT7 - love the gameplay, hate the graphics (which are so sterile to me and rubbish in comparison to Forza). It's the PES of the console racing world IMO, and with PSVR2 ... wow. I adore it.

But... The AI is the same AI it's always been. They're drones who follow the exact same path all the way around the track without fail.

They've added a "Sophy AI" mode to the game, which is the most fantastic racing AI I think I've ever played against...

...but it's only available in the specific "Sophy AI" mode. You can't use that AI in your career mode.

Feels like a huge missed opportunity, to add something that solves a decades-old issue in your franchise, and then drastically limit where you can utilise it.

But I'm guessing this is because the game's been out for a while, everyone has set times etc. against the standard AI, and they feel altering this now would lead to some frustration due to it being harder to get all the achievements etc...

Shame about the AI in this game and the fact every race feels like an arcade chase because of the rolling starts

Back
Top Bottom