Microsoft Xbox

Let me know what you think about 2k21. Im debating getting it as I really cant get into BB games but for a few games here and there might be good. Installing FM now @Chris Davies (don't know if I missed it but could not find the reddit thread you were posting? Maybe i missed it gonna look again to get the mods working... )
Will skip NHL but I enjoy Madden, I'm not a hardcore player (I play in the second-third difficulty, its good for exhibitions but dont know if Id do an entire season..
2k is all I play when it comes to sports games,I've had less than 10 hours on Pes 20+21 since they came out.
Had a season on FIFA 20,haven't touched FIFA 21,consider those game to be awful.
I'm sure 2k holds up fine,I'm mainly interested in setting up a franchise mode (mynba)that's what I've been doing since 2k17.
Still doubt the gameplay will beat 16s though which is my favourite.
This will be my 4th 2k game I've bought/DL this week since I got 11/12/13 for my 360 too.

Can't see myself not playing my daily dose of 2k.

Ah thanks I was actually looking back at the FM thread which I asked about modding with gamepass, but you have just answered that.
I know gamepass games get installed in some protected folder with a weird name, but maybe the mods go in a documents folder or something like that.
Ill try this again.. I had fun in 20 but tbh I had no clue what I was doing... beat barcelona tho.... but lost to wolves...

Can't find much information on the Windows Game Store edition but the Epic Games Store edition also creates the Sports Interactive folders in My Documents, so would assume the Windows Store does the same.

My daughters birthday is in a month and she would like an XBox Series S (£250 one) but I cant seem to find any for love nor money.
Any ideas when stock will be due? Thanks

Also is there much difference between the Xbox One S and the Series S other than one has discs and the other doesnt? Thank you.
They seem to be in stock at the moment on Microsoft website.
If you want one be very quick

Tbh
Just make the next Elder Scrolls exclusive and many will flock to Microsoft consoles.

I hope it doesn't become exclusive. I really think this exclusivity battle just ends up hurting the player. The good news is Gamepass will offer xcloud so you will have opportunities to play games in pc or ios or android. Not to mention a lot if not all of MS studios games release on Xbox and PC giving players more choices.
Like I said before I think MS is rethinking their strategy and I like how they seem to be positioning themselves. I'd like to play horizon 2 but im not gonna buy a ps5 just for that so I hope sony realizes they can get my money if they put it on pc.

Imagine if MS said you can play Bethesda games on ps5 IF Sony lets us install Gamepass app on its console...

I hope it doesn't become exclusive. I really think this exclusivity battle just ends up hurting the player. The good news is Gamepass will offer xcloud so you will have opportunities to play games in pc or ios or android. Not to mention a lot if not all of MS studios games release on Xbox and PC giving players more choices.
Like I said before I think MS is rethinking their strategy and I like how they seem to be positioning themselves. I'd like to play horizon 2 but im not gonna buy a ps5 just for that so I hope sony realizes they can get my money if they put it on pc.

Imagine if MS said you can play Bethesda games on ps5 IF Sony lets us install Gamepass app on its console...

I don't think it will happen TBH.
But Microsoft really need some big exclusives on their console to combat Sony 3rd Party games.
I won't be surprised either way by Microsoft's announcement, but if I was them I would continue to release games which will sell copies but not a massive amount like Wolfenstein and Dishounered multi platform, but Elder Scrolls I would make that exclusive to the Series X.
Sony have been playing the exclusive card for years and know they can release poorer consoles because of the exclusives.

Microsoft need something big to get people onto their consoles and Elder Scrolls could be that game.
I know, I read somewhere that Microsoft do plan to make the Indiana Jones game an Xbox/PC exclusive - But this won't make people buy an Xbox.
Even less so when most 18-25 year olds probably remember Indiana Jones from that stupid swing with the CGI monkey movie.
*Indiana Jones needs a proper decent reboot, but needs to be as well written as Raiders and Last Crusade* But that's a whole different topic.

I don't think it will happen TBH.
But Microsoft really need some big exclusives on their console to combat Sony 3rd Party games.
I won't be surprised either way by Microsoft's announcement, but if I was them I would continue to release games which will sell copies but not a massive amount like Wolfenstein and Dishounered multi platform, but Elder Scrolls I would make that exclusive to the Series X.
Sony have been playing the exclusive card for years and know they can release poorer consoles because of the exclusives.

Microsoft need something big to get people onto their consoles and Elder Scrolls could be that game.
I know, I read somewhere that Microsoft do plan to make the Indiana Jones game an Xbox/PC exclusive - But this won't make people buy an Xbox.
Even less so when most 18-25 year olds probably remember Indiana Jones from that stupid swing with the CGI monkey movie.
*Indiana Jones needs a proper decent reboot, but needs to be as well written as Raiders and Last Crusade* But that's a whole different topic.

I agree.. but I do you think the exclusive card is the way to go going forward? Even SOny is starting to release some games on PC. Hardware wise the systems are the same... its basically in which ecosystem are my friends..

But if I'm MS I look this way with Elder Scrolls:
1- Exclusive to Xbox only---> Does 1 or 2 games really make people jump from PS5? If they do How much money from these extra Xboxes is coming in vs if its not exclusive
2- Exclusive to Gamepass/xcloud---> Still ties people to the ecosystem, subscription fees Im sure would skyrocket as even if you are in another platform you get access to the game you want. Cheap entry point, if on the cloud no need to buy hardware (lost HW sales there)
3- Multiplatform----> Revenue from all 3 platforms PS5/4, Xbox and PC game sales... huge userbase

From a strategy point, I'd choose #2, from a finance point i'd pick #3. But what the hell do I know.

I agree.. but I do you think the exclusive card is the way to go going forward? Even SOny is starting to release some games on PC. Hardware wise the systems are the same... its basically in which ecosystem are my friends..

But if I'm MS I look this way with Elder Scrolls:
1- Exclusive to Xbox only---> Does 1 or 2 games really make people jump from PS5? If they do How much money from these extra Xboxes is coming in vs if its not exclusive
2- Exclusive to Gamepass/xcloud---> Still ties people to the ecosystem, subscription fees Im sure would skyrocket as even if you are in another platform you get access to the game you want. Cheap entry point, if on the cloud no need to buy hardware (lost HW sales there)
3- Multiplatform----> Revenue from all 3 platforms PS5/4, Xbox and PC game sales... huge userbase

From a strategy point, I'd choose #2, from a finance point i'd pick #3. But what the hell do I know.

I think console exclusives will always remain.
With games from Microsoft and some from PS being released on PC, neither company consider PC to be a rival just a way of generating extra cash from a game already made millions.

I don't think 1 or 2 games will make people jump ship from Sony - The Sony fanboy is the biggest fan boy going and they are so quick to defend the console so quickly, that I feel these people would always buy a PS even if it is a complete turd (PS4 anyone)

Microsoft though however are at least trying to do something different.
GamePass is incredible and at least a different way of getting people into games, I am aware Sony has PSNow and at a fraction of the price, but it is absolute garbage.
With both companies offering 5 year old games for free every month on PSN and Live.

I own a PS5 and I brought it solely for the exclusives as they won't be released on PC.
If however I didn't own a PC, I would be incredibly torn between the two consoles.
Xbox is a more powerful machine and merge Live with GamePass it is probably the best way to experience games now and in the future.
Sony though still have the best exclusives for a console - Although I haven't seen anything yet from them to buy a PS5 now.

Too bad that Indy and Wolfenstein will be exclusives on the Xbox, the rest they can have for all I care, if Indy will be 1st person I might not be too bothered anyway, still I look forward to seeing what they do with it and if it is half decent I will find a way to get it.

Last edited:
Anyone try the Outriders Demo? seems like a 3rd person looter (maybe like Division 1/2, which I really enjoy)
Any thoughts on Octopath traveler just to get jrpg vibes from 20 years ago?
Also, recommendations for Nier? I know its highly rated but remember playing the demo and wasnt too big on the hack n slash

march.JPG

Edit: MLB the show coming to gamepass on April 20th.
Gamepass is killing it

Last edited:
Some thoughts/news from this week:

- Xcloud is being updated to the series X blades in the coming weeks, hope they announce a date. I'd like to try but tbh my experience with xcloud hasn't been great. A lot of lag and pixelation. I know its still in beta but I can only compare with stadia which for me is flawless and feels like having a physical console. It would be nice to try a game before downloading 80GB
- MS is working on a streaming stick like roku for xcloud as well as working w tv manufacturers to let xcloud be played via an app in the tv

- 3 games I hope they give info today: FHorizon 5, MSFlight Sim for xbox, yakuza likely a dragon gamepass date, more gamepass titles (I've only bought one $10 game since getting an xbox)
Edit: and age of empires 4

Last edited:
Some thoughts/news from this week:

- Xcloud is being updated to the series X blades in the coming weeks, hope they announce a date. I'd like to try but tbh my experience with xcloud hasn't been great. A lot of lag and pixelation. I know its still in beta but I can only compare with stadia which for me is flawless and feels like having a physical console. It would be nice to try a game before downloading 80GB
- MS is working on a streaming stick like roku for xcloud as well as working w tv manufacturers to let xcloud be played via an app in the tv

- 3 games I hope they give info today: FHorizon 5, MSFlight Sim for xbox, yakuza likely a dragon gamepass date, more gamepass titles (I've only bought one $10 game since getting an xbox)
Edit: and age of empires 4
Flight simulator July 27 it is.
Forza in July as well.
Didn't catch the date for Yakuza

A lot of games shown but nothing really surprising? A lot of familiar franchises that Xbox players will no doubt be happy with.
There was a game called "Atomic something" I think, that seemed completely unhinged.

Flight simulator July 27 it is.
Forza in July as well.
Didn't catch the date for Yakuza

Yakuza is out now I'm downloading now. Forza to me looked fantastic with the photorealistic landscape (coming in Nov, not July) and cant wait to see if FS will look better in my Series S vs my 5 year old PC with a RX570 and a lowly Ryzen 3 first gen.
Many games weren't my cup of tea, but if they are going to gamepass (almost all of them) might as well try them out. I have never been a fan of Halo, but the multiplayer gave me vibes of Titanfall 2 so I thought it looked great. I'm excited to play AoE4, but I wish it wasn't so cartoony, or maybe I expected more graphically, hopefully the gameplay pulls thru. All in all happy to have gamepass. Wish they had given more info of xCloud

p5o8cfdhr2571.jpeg

Last edited:
Age of Empires is coming to PC and Xbox Game Cloud.

@el niche
As for Flight Sim on Series S vs your 5 year old PC - I would expect it to run better on a Series S.

Last edited:
Anyone try the Outriders Demo? seems like a 3rd person looter (maybe like Division 1/2, which I really enjoy)
Any thoughts on Octopath traveler just to get jrpg vibes from 20 years ago?
Also, recommendations for Nier? I know its highly rated but remember playing the demo and wasnt too big on the hack n slash

View attachment 89139

Edit: MLB the show coming to gamepass on April 20th.
Gamepass is killing it
I found outriders to just be a poor man's gears of war.

Age of Empires is coming to PC and Xbox Game Cloud.

@el niche
As for Flight Sim on Series S vs your 5 year old PC - I would expect it to run better on a Series S.

I usually run it at Medium settings and looks OK on PC except long distance objects. Hoping Series S can bump it up to high although I'm guessing framerate might be lower. I should try High in PC with lower fps.
Also MS is planning to get Xbox Ones to run Flight Sim via xCloud, which could be another option if they can iron out the tech. Just another option if you dont want to download all those GBs

I found outriders to just be a poor man's gears of war.

I gave it a shot back then, it just wasn't for me and I uninstalled it the next day. I haven't played any Gears, but I thought outriders would be more looter shooter like division which I really enjoy but I just couldnt get into it.

I usually run it at Medium settings and looks OK on PC except long distance objects. Hoping Series S can bump it up to high although I'm guessing framerate might be lower. I should try High in PC with lower fps.
Also MS is planning to get Xbox Ones to run Flight Sim via xCloud, which could be another option if they can iron out the tech. Just another option if you dont want to download all those GBs

I have not played Flight Sim in a very long time, or tried it on my 3800.
As they put the price of the Game Pass on PC from 3.99 to 7.99 a month, so the Game Pass on PC is a lot less attractive proposition compared to having it on Xbox, as you also get Gold for free, so an absolute no brainer on console.

I would expect the Series S, to most likely do Medium settings @1080P.
The game is so demanding, but easily one of the best looking games on the market.

isn't it the case that the DX12 update for Flight Sim is right around the corner (release today on PC?) and that gave them a massive performance push? therefore the imminent XBOX release. i guess they know what they are doing.

isn't it the case that the DX12 update for Flight Sim is right around the corner (release today on PC?) and that gave them a massive performance push? therefore the imminent XBOX release. i guess they know what they are doing.

The DX12 update is due around the same time the Xbox version is released.
The performance will most likely hit a slight hit on release along with a few other bugs, but then after a few patches will get better.

The main reason for DX12 is so that newer technologies can be used like RT and DLSS.

After reading a couple of other forums and comments, there was a release a while back with a tree update which improved performance by 20% + other improvements have been made over time.
So performance is no where near as bad as it was on initial release, when even the best cards were struggling with 4K.

I found the latest released roadmap here:- (I assume Sim Update V is DX12)

DR_hyt543.jpg

thanks. makes me fairly optimistic this is gonna look really, really decent on the series x.

looking at all the shooter and action and whatnot stuff that was shown next to this, i can't wait to spend the little time i have for playing just sitting in the sky and looking at the beautiful scenery, without having to be in front of a desktop pc.

It will be interesting to see how the game runs on Series X.
I would assume it will run on what is considered HIGH PC settings, with a couple of things possibly on Ultra and locked to 30FPS - But don't worry this isn't bad, not even a 3090 can run FS @60FPS in 4K ultra.
Then a RT mode where the game would be toned down a lot to hit 30FPS in 4K.
I would also expect a performance mode where it can run at 60FPS in 1080P, but again this still wouldn't be ultra settings.

I am sure though with a lot more tweaks down the line, performance will increase and the graphic settings will be optimised and increased.

The game is incredibly demanding, but also the best looking game I have seen.
It won't be until the RTX 5000 series is released before PC's can run this 4K Ultra.

Reactions: OPM
Back
Top Bottom